Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
RandomBlank
Theta
Formis_Fluttergod
hawkeye92
Ametros
The Holy Tuna
Scyto Harmony
Vergil
iLateralGX
Meleagridis
Katarn
Derpmind
Quotidian
IncoherentOrange
tylertoon2
Valikdu
nebulous
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Custardman
OneMoreDaySK
MrMagma
Cptadder
Somber
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Aonee
Caoimhe
Ketchup
Icy Shake
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
SilentCarto
Rafafidi
Kippershy
Sindri
O. Hinds
45 posters

Page 20 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Fwenship is Mwagic!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:43 pm

ketchup504 wrote:In other news, Mann Vs. Machine is out.
Yeah, and I started downloading TF2 yesterday to play. I have about 18 hours of download left, because my internet here kinda isn't. I might just give up and maybe start it up again next week when I'll be living somewhere faster...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:47 pm

My ETA is 10 hours for a 900 mb patch on Aliant fiber-optic. Less than a byte per second, it says.
Servers must be overloaded badly.
Okay, just went up to 300 kb/s. Lol.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:50 pm

Sindri wrote:
Yeah, and I started downloading TF2 yesterday to play. I have about 18 hours of download left, because my internet here kinda isn't. I might just give up and maybe start it up again next week when I'll be living somewhere faster...
I'm going to be over here on my sixty megabit down Fiber connection and be smug until one of those damn Kanasasians in the town Google wired with gigabit fiber posts about how they are sitting on there thousand megabit connection.

And yeah it's still taking forever, twenty minutes to download, mine started updating at 21:16 when Mann VS Machine went live and I still am waiting.
Time to hit the store, if anyone's interested my Steam name is easy to remember it's Cptadder Coo
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Sindri wrote:
I'm going to be over here on my sixty megabit down Fiber connection and be smug until one of those damn Kanasasians in the town Google wired with gigabit fiber posts about how they are sitting on there thousand megabit connection.

And yeah it's still taking forever, twenty minutes to download, mine started updating at 21:16 when Mann VS Machine went live and I still am waiting.
Time to hit the store, if anyone's interested my Steam name is easy to remember it's Cptadder [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 3845856932

The whole crew (well, six of us) should all fight Gray Mann's robots together.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:04 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
Sindri wrote:

Time to hit the store, if anyone's interested my Steam name is easy to remember it's Cptadder [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 3845856932

The whole crew (well, six of us) should all fight Gray Mann's robots together.
Just as long as you don't expect me to be, like, competent or anything. I get through games like F3 and NV with planning, stealth, and precision. None of those lend themselves well to the frantic running and gunning that TF2 appears to demand. I have no idea if spies would be any use at all against the bots, so maybe I could be a half decent engineer? Or a moderately incompetent medic? Also I have no mic so communication will be limited.
Derpy Hooves
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:13 pm

The game is easy to learn. For beginners I'd suggest the Demoman or Engineer. The Demo can be used to camp with the sticky launcher and get easy kills, and the Engineer can just build things and take pot shots at enemies.
Though, you need to try every class. I didn't know I liked the Scout until I tried it.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:18 pm

According to this, my download rate is 20 Mbit/s at the moment.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:34 pm

Just as long as you don't expect me to be, like, competent or anything. I get through games like F3 and NV with planning, stealth, and precision. None of those lend themselves well to the frantic running and gunning that TF2 appears to demand. I have no idea if spies would be any use at all against the bots, so maybe I could be a half decent engineer? Or a moderately incompetent medic? Also I have no mic so communication will be limited.

Planning: Engineer.

An efficient base plan is key to an engineer. Where you place sentries, teleporters and dispensers and keeping them repaired and guarded requires a lot of strategy and cunning.

Spy requires the three skills you mentioned in spades. In the case of spy, timing as well. When you are playing spy you must learn the movements of the enemy team and then slip into them, while watching your movements as well. You must learn the patterns and roots they move in and then disrupt them.

Medic means looking after an entire team. Managing heals and ubers to wear down and push through the enemy.

Hell, even the Demo has his sticky ambushes.

I am sure, no matter what, you will find a role Sindri.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:42 pm

Real quick can we get a list of Steam names as they are kinda spread out now.

Add your name to the list
Left forum name=Right Steam name
Cptadder=CptAdder
MrMagma=MrMagma
OneMoreDaySK=ChocobunnySK
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Aight, chapter review, once more :P
Spoiler:
Whew... think I wrote more than ever... if only half of that went into my story, I'd be around 5-10 % percentage points finished... ah well. Waste of time :P (like, holy hay I wasted time... I really need to be better at being short.
Will spend tomorrow going through comments, so yay...

Last edited by Kattlarv on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Ketchup504=ketchup504 and my brother is
Incoherentorange=Incoherentorange.
Not very variable, is it?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Add your name to the list for Mann VS Machine Night
Left forum name=Right Steam name
Cptadder=CptAdder
MrMagma=MrMagma
OneMoreDaySK=ChocobunnySK
Ketchup504=ketchup504
Incoherentorange=Incoherentorange

Servers are still wonky trying to get into a server still
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Kattlarv wrote:Aight, chapter review, once more :P
Spoiler:
Whew... think I wrote more than ever... if only half of that went into my story, I'd be around 5-10 % percentage points finished... ah well. Waste of time :P (like, holy hay I wasted time... I really need to be better at being short.
Will spend tomorrow going through comments, so yay...

I don't have much anything specific of yours to quote, but a lot of your comments about BJ's attitude I can sorta some up as just more cases of BJ having ADD and diarrhea of the mouth. I know more than a few people whose attitudes can change wicked quick and it can be jarring to some. For the Boing to PS thing it kinda fits with her character, she's a blunt chatterbox.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:26 pm

Well for steam I got another original name
Erumpet = Erumpet
But I have TF2 installed already so meh he fweh
Favorites are Sniper, medic, demo man, heavy in that order. But I play all the classes except spy, I've just never really commuted myself to getting over the learning curve for spy
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:33 pm

Cptadder wrote:I'll buy that, But I'll note this is OOC explanation you can see how how a standard reader not reading the forums might look at that and go what okay what now? Or they might just ignore it, I'm a world building guy so anytime I see a club where I expect a spade I ask.
"Daughter of the unicorn king, Princess Platinum..."
Historically speaking, even ponies have had kings. I like to think that Celestia and Luna refused to accept the rank of Queen.

Sindri wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Getting Psalm to shoot at either Celestia or Macintosh would be one hell of a trick.
Yeah. Kinda like getting her to infiltrate a zebra base, miss her target, and kill an innocent foal.
It's dead easy to get Psalm to infiltrate a Zebra base and kill a Zebra legate. You just order her to. They're the enemy. It's a hell of a lot harder to get her to pull the trigger on the Princess she grew up under, or on a close personal friend and role model!

Sindri wrote:I'll second this recommendation. Personally I found the first couple episodes to range from moderately amusing to irritating, but the later ones tend to be brilliant and you need to sit through the beginning to get all the jokes.
I agree. The first few are okay, but the show really hits its stride with Cute from the Hip (Ep. 4).

WavemasterRyx wrote:"But the gift didn't matter if it wasn't what they wanted or from who they wanted it from." - Just something I was wondering about, should one of the "from" be removed here? I'm not much of an editor but it just stood out a little in re-reading, so I figured I'd ask.
I can see how it looks confusing, but it's actually right. You could rephrase it,
"But the gift didn't matter if it wasn't what they wanted or from those from whom they wanted it."

ketchup504 wrote:Would you kindly stop giving us your plans? I don't speak for everyone, but I want to read the story to find those out...
Please?
Agreed. We love you, Somber, but seriously... please allow us the joy of being surprised.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm

Welcome to the discussion!

And, I'm not worried. They'll probably patch it up, even if it does take half a chapter.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 pm

canitnerd wrote:Hi all. Been reading PH since it was in the mid 20's of chapters, easily my favorite fanfic, but new to the discussion. Glory and BJs relationship is easily one of my favorite parts of PH, and I've been looking forward to their reunion for a long time. However, this chapter has me real worried. What do you guys think the chances of things actually working out are?
Welcome! Your name seems familiar, somehow...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:13 am

SilentCarto wrote:I can see how it looks confusing, but it's actually right. You could rephrase it,
"But the gift didn't matter if it wasn't what they wanted or from those from whom they wanted it."
Seriously? To me that looks even worse.

You know what, I'll just leave the editing to you guys, and I'll stick with my nice little pictures. Pictures that require absolutely no fancy linguistics.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:23 am

Lads and Laddies I regret to inform you that the first attempted Mann Co VS Robots steam night was a total failure. Not through any part of our crew which was excellent but because the servers themselves were accursed.

Accursed I say! Also possibly haunted by thirteen century pox riddled courtesans. Regardless of any curses or seditious actives here's as far as we got.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 ThesinkingofMannco
I'm going to be reading up on hosting servers tomorrow morning and I'm going to see what I can get going in the way of personal servers for tomorrow evening. I have the technology, I have the bandwidth and I have the training.

The time? Well lets wait and see.

Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:48 am

Somber wrote:I don't have notes, per ce. Okay... I don't have notes at all. I've tried! I've tried to jot down ideas and the like. I have a few notes on my wall, but most of them haven't been updated since chapter 33. So most of it is kept in my head. I kinda know what has to happen in each chapter. Like the next chapter has the resolution of glory, going over the things in Chapel, and then the twist and fight and stuff... And hopefully I pull it off well enough that my editors can make it worth reading.

Glad I'm not the only one with this trouble.
I've tried writing down my ideas god knows how many times only to be unable to do it - not because I don't have them, but something just wouldn't let me.

When I finally did it, I know a lot is going to change from my notes to what actually happens.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:23 am

On Steam I'd be sindri42, but as I said I'm still trying to download and it'll be a while. Plus I have things that require doing tomorrow afternoon, friday evening, almost all of saturday, I'm moving sunday (and need to pack before that)... It may be a while.

A warm welcome to canitnerd! Fair warning, I don't think any of us here are in full possession of our mental faculties.

Kattlarv wrote:
Let's see how much of this I can try to help with...:
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:37 am

RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:46 am

RoboRed wrote:Just a helpful note, guys, there is a separate topic to list Steam IDs.
Yeah, but that'd be for the whole forum rather than our little subcommunity here. I'm going to either play with random people or with friends, not with whoever happens to pass through cloudsville.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:31 am

Well, in Steam I'm OACobalt, so... Overlong Analysis Cobalt = OACobalt, I guess. I don't have TF2 installed yet (workin' on it), I'm not super great at it, and tbh I'm not really in a gaming mood yet anyway (woke up at like 4 AM, tried to get back to sleep, brain had other plans) buuuut I'd love to play with you lot later. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:51 am

While nobody I know of played with a full team, playing by oneself is very hard. The robots are dumb but they are many, and the first wave is Soldiers. I couldn't beat the first wave, too many rockets everywhere.
Edit: queuing for 40 minutes. -_-
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:08 am

canitnerd wrote:
swicked wrote:
canitnerd wrote:Hi all. Been reading PH since it was in the mid 20's of chapters, easily my favorite fanfic, but new to the discussion. Glory and BJs relationship is easily one of my favorite parts of PH, and I've been looking forward to their reunion for a long time. However, this chapter has me real worried. What do you guys think the chances of things actually working out are?
100% chance by the end of the next chapter; Somber said they would in the second post from the top of this page.

He said that there would be the "resolution of glory." Something about that phrasing makes me feel real scared.

You should feel scared, BJ would be scared too! That's what makes the anticipation exciting!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:33 am

Sindri wrote:
Yeah, but that'd be for the whole forum rather than our little subcommunity here. I'm going to either play with random people or with friends, not with whoever happens to pass through cloudsville.
*shrug* Whatevs.

I might get involved in this. This sounds like a break from the norm. I have TF2, but practically never play it because none of the classes really fit my playing style.

My steamID is RoboRed61389.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Steam name Parvum.

Blackjack is a Deus we've chosen to forgive.

Ramble ramble ramble:
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Anyone have any suggestions of good pony-tumblrs to follow? Doesn't Wave have one?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next