Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Mr. Snrub
RoboRed
hawkeye92
chinman
Downloaded Skill
WovenTales
Quotidian
CamoBadger
StoneSlinger88
Train Dodger
Sindri
AGurdel
FeatherDust
Boing
BrentOGara
CannonFodder
Karasu
Mister Nikel
Randombuttons
jacky2734
Harmony Ltd.
Valikdu
nebulous
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Somber
Exodus Hero
Vergil
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
Moodyman90
Kippershy
PantheraLeo
Luminous Lead
Admiral Stoic Rum
skibadaa
Derpmind
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
Caoimhe
Cptadder
Stringtheory
Ketchup
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
49 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Icy Shake Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:31 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Incorporating, say, Shining Armor would require rethinking Twilight, her mother, the fate of Canterlot, et cetera
Aye; this is one of the parts of PH that I try very hard to ignore.

Personally, I may be in denial: By my recollection, Shining Armor has not himself appeared or been mentioned, at the very least not explicitly as Twilight's brother, so Cadence's child could have been fathered by someone else, or he might have no special connection to her (and perhaps a weaker shield), and that's what I choose to believe for now. I believe that she might have shown up in a memory as a winged unicorn, but I figure there's some explanation that has not, or has not yet, been made why she is not an alicorn, or is older than Luna.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 pm

Meh, close enough.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Sw1tch10
Source

Welcome to the Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Thread!
This is the place to discuss Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons, a Fallout/MLP:FiM crossover fic by Somber. Story discussion is on the left, group therapy to the right. Please try to schedule your emotional breakdowns when they don't conflict with anyone else's.

Rules
We have just a few simple rules here.

1. Don't put down Somber.
  2. Project Horizons is a grimdark fic which deals with adult topics, so we might discuss subjects that some readers may find uncomfortable. Be mature about it.
  3. If Somber or a member of the editing team says to end a discussion, please do so.
  4. Spoilers abound. If you're not current on the fic, we recommend that you catch up before you read on.
  5. Expect random discussions that may or may not have anything to do with the story.
  6. Have fun!

People You Should Know
Somber: The author of Project Horizons, creator of Blackjack, maker of awesomeness, is a small gray mare who lives in the head of a guy named David. Ignore her claims of suckage.
Bronode, O. Hinds, and Snipehamster: Your editing team, presented in alphabetical order. They make awesome writing look all shiny and pretty.
Kkat: The author of the original Fallout: Equestria. Not a participant in this discussion (yet), but you should be aware of her anyway. If you haven't read FOE, why are you even here? Go! Read!

Somber's Tip Jar
Thank-yous of the monetary variety may be made through PayPal. Simply click on Send Money, send it to David13ushey@gmail.com and mark it as a personal gift.

Story Links
GoogleDocs chapter index - Links to every chapter, plus FOE and FOEPH resources, media, and story download formats.
.epub Format - Thanks to Scorch_Mechanic.
LaTeX ebook .pdf - Thanks to ThePowersGang.
Nallar's Fanfic Archive - An auto-updated collection of fics offered in a variety of formats including Kindle .mobi, .epub, and .html.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:18 am

Ever have one of those moments where you forget FOE and/or PH are fanfic? I finished the last Wheel of Time book today, and I just found myself thinking, "Which character was it whose unofficial motto was 'Do better'? Was that Perrin? Rand?

--oh. Right. Blackjack." Derpy Hooves
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:30 am

I consider FO:E stories separate from each other and the show, though PH and the original are the exception to the former. There shouldn't be a limit for what is written based on something produced after it is planned.

The inclusion of Shining Armor would totally goof things up, to put it lightly.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:44 am

SilentCarto wrote:Ever have one of those moments where you forget FOE and/or PH are fanfic? I finished the last Wheel of Time book today, and I just found myself thinking, "Which character was it whose unofficial motto was 'Do better'? Was that Perrin? Rand?

it annoys me to no end to hear people like my mother call Fanfiction or epics like Homestuck 'not real literature' (actually she calls it 'worthless' usually when I'm procrastinating)
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:51 am

SilentCarto wrote:Ever have one of those moments where you forget FOE and/or PH are fanfic? I finished the last Wheel of Time book today, and I just found myself thinking, "Which character was it whose unofficial motto was 'Do better'? Was that Perrin? Rand?

Rand's motto can be considered what we got in Gathering storm since it's Lews Therins
"Why do we live over and over again?"
"Because... maybe this time we can do things better"

Rough quote I have the audiobooks not the hard copies here. Gathering storm chapter 50 per google.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 am

^^ You're one post away from 1000, Cap'n! Make it count!

Ketchup wrote:I consider FO:E stories separate from each other and the show, though PH and the original are the exception to the former. There shouldn't be a limit for what is written based on something produced after it is planned.

The inclusion of Shining Armor would totally goof things up, to put it lightly.

At this point, I consider PH to be the only canon and the show fanfiction of it. I want PH to go on forever. :(

I find myself finding PH related references in the show and have to remind myself that the two are unrelated. AGH
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:30 am

I know someone who studies literature for a living (academia FTW!), and she compares Homestuck to James Joyce. I have read neither, but since she's one of the smartest people I've ever met, I'm willing to accept her word on the matter.

@Caoimhe
Infiniph... that should be a word! Honestly, though, I'm sorta in the same boat; the show is its own canon, to be sure, but it's not one I pay as much attention to, if that makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:56 am

HOY.
Prior to his reveal in PH, what was everyone's Discord headcanon? What did you figure happened to the stoned embodiment of chaos?

Icy Shake wrote:
I'm sure that nobody has said anything against using new things in the show in general.
Someone asked why, and I figured I knew.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:12 am

@Meleagridis Thought that someone broke the statue and killed him.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Meleagridis Thought that someone broke the statue and killed him.
Discord was released by Blackjack if I remember it correctly. I don't remember him dying.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:26 am

Ketchup wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Meleagridis Thought that someone broke the statue and killed him.
Discord was released by Blackjack if I remember it correctly. I don't remember him dying.
We know, Meleagridis is asking what we thought happened to Discord in FO:E/PH before PH brought him in
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 am

stringtheory wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
We know, Meleagridis is asking what we thought happened to Discord in FO:E/PH before PH brought him in
I just figured he didn't exist. Derpy Hooves
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 am

Meleagridis wrote:HOY.
Prior to his reveal in PH, what was everyone's Discord headcanon? What did you figure happened to the stoned embodiment of chaos?
In Somber's head.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:07 am

I figured he was out of the picture, still a statue. Nothing too specific, but maybe deep underground with the salt mine plan or on the mood to keep him away from anything chaotic.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by skibadaa Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:13 am

I totally forgot he even existed until the reveal in PH, then I was like:

"ZOMFG!! Rainbow MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!! Well played somber, well played Dash clapping"
skibadaa
skibadaa
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 pm

I had assumed he was still in Canterlot, first isolated by Pink Cloud, then entombed in the ruins at the bottom of the mountain.

skibadaa wrote:I totally forgot he even existed until the reveal in PH, then I was like:

"ZOMFG!! Rainbow MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!! Well played somber, well played Dash clapping"
Yeah, I/we started getting some inklings when the Choir described Flux as "ichor of the meddler", then BJ's star dream referred to "trickster spirits" who "came to mold and meddle and inspire". I had assumed "the meddler" referred to Twilight, who meddled in Things Ponies Were Not Meant To Know, but then someone pointed out that "ichor" was the word for the fluid that flowed in the Greek gods' veins...

It still wasn't even close to certain, but because of that, when Discord appeared it was a bit less "OMG, WHAT?" and more "OMG, that theory was right!"
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:13 pm

everyone loves a good sprinkling of clues to lead up to a reveal, it's never out of left field
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:04 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Yeah, I/we started getting some inklings when the Choir described Flux as "ichor of the meddler", then BJ's star dream referred to "trickster spirits" who "came to mold and meddle and inspire". I had assumed "the meddler" referred to Twilight, who meddled in Things Ponies Were Not Meant To Know, but then someone pointed out that "ichor" was the word for the fluid that flowed in the Greek gods' veins...

I always think of ichor as being zombie blood, but I figured Discord was involved after that Choir chapter. I didn't really think about him before that though.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:09 pm

Luminous Lead wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Yeah, I/we started getting some inklings when the Choir described Flux as "ichor of the meddler", then BJ's star dream referred to "trickster spirits" who "came to mold and meddle and inspire". I had assumed "the meddler" referred to Twilight, who meddled in Things Ponies Were Not Meant To Know, but then someone pointed out that "ichor" was the word for the fluid that flowed in the Greek gods' veins...

I always think of ichor as being zombie blood, but I figured Discord was involved after that Choir chapter. I didn't really think about him before that though.
I always pictured it simply as black blood. A hairy giant scorpion attacked my dwarves in Dwarf Fortress and bled ichor after the dwarves finally killed the damn thing after losing 3/4 of the fortress' population.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by PantheraLeo Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Ad ichor
In Greek mythology, Ichor (pron.: /ˈaɪkər/ or /ˈɪkər/; Ancient Greek: ἰχώρ) is the ethereal golden fluid that is the blood of the gods and/or immortals.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichor
I would go by that definition. And it really doeas not need to be gold ...
PantheraLeo
PantheraLeo
Foal

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:13 pm

@Ichor (And PantheraLeo!)
Nice, thanks for the research. And welcome to the forums! :)

For my part, I generally picture it as black or dark green (as many do), likely due to HP Lovecraft's use of the term in that context; it's also used in medicine for a word for nasty discharge coming from wounds and the like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:15 pm

NEW RECRUIT wrote:Ad ichor
In Greek mythology, Ichor (pron.: /ˈaɪkər/ or /ˈɪkər/; Ancient Greek: ἰχώρ) is the ethereal golden fluid that is the blood of the gods and/or immortals.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichor
I would go by that definition. And it really doeas not need to be gold ...

...Welcome, welcome. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 702243357
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Welcome PantheraLeo.
That username is familiar.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by PantheraLeo Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:41 pm

It is kinda generic name, lot of people goes by PantheraLeo on the internet.

And thanks everyone, it is good to be here ;)
PantheraLeo
PantheraLeo
Foal

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:43 pm

I trust you're gonna fit in just fine here Leo, but at the same time I must warn you we're a little crazy here.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:I trust you're gonna fit in just fine here Leo, but at the same time I must warn you Kipper's a little crazy <s>here</s>.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by PantheraLeo Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Sanity is overrated anyway[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 3932362616
But thanks for heads up
PantheraLeo
PantheraLeo
Foal

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:54 pm

PantheraLeo wrote:Sanity is overrated anyway[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 3932362616
But thanks for heads up

Welcome!
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:45 pm

@swicked
You said you'd include LSP in your next review.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 3932362616
Or has it been so long you'd forgotten about it?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next