Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+50
The Tainted One
Twilightrose42
The Truth
Boing
Luminous Lead
CD
Katarn
OneMoreDaySK
TyrannisUmbra
MSCA
Tytan
Technowolf
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Dekshuduph
Meleagridis
ChaosDX1
chinman
Borsuq
skibadaa
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Rayndalf
FoolNeim
Retl
Evilgidgit
Shady
Harmony Ltd.
Scienza
CrispyBit
Aonee
Train Dodger
Stringtheory
TheWanderingZebra
StoneSlinger88
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Silver136
WavemasterRyx
Downloaded Skill
Somber
Derpmind
Exodus Hero
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
Moodyman90
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Vergil
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
54 posters

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Icy Shake Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:16 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Sw1tch10
Source

Welcome to the Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Thread!
This is the place to discuss Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons, a Fallout/MLP:FiM crossover fic by Somber. Story discussion is on the left, group therapy to the right. Please try to schedule your emotional breakdowns when they don't conflict with anyone else's.

Rules
We have just a few simple rules here.

1. Don't put down Somber.
  2. Project Horizons is a grimdark fic which deals with adult topics, so we might discuss subjects that some readers may find uncomfortable. Be mature about it.
  3. If Somber or a member of the editing team says to end a discussion, please do so.
  4. Spoilers abound. If you're not current on the fic, we recommend that you catch up before you read on.
  5. Looking for random discussions that may or may not have anything to do with the story? Check out the [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread!
  6. Have fun!

People You Should Know
Somber: The author of Project Horizons, creator of Blackjack, maker of awesomeness, is a small gray mare who lives in the head of a guy named David. Ignore her claims of suckage.
Bronode, O. Hinds, and swicked (also formerly Hidden Fortune and Snipehamster): Your editing team. They make awesome writing look all shiny and pretty.
Kkat: The author of the original Fallout: Equestria. Not a participant in this discussion (yet), but you should be aware of her anyway. If you haven't read FOE, why are you even here? Go! Read!

Somber's Tip Jar
Thank-yous of the monetary variety may be made through PayPal. Simply click on Send Money, send it to David13ushey@gmail.com and mark it as a personal gift.

Story Links
GoogleDocs chapter index - Links to every chapter, plus FOE and FOEPH resources, media, and story download formats.
.epub Format - Thanks to Scorch_Mechanic.
LaTeX ebook .pdf - Thanks to ThePowersGang.
Nallar's Fanfic Archive - An auto-updated collection of fics offered in a variety of formats including Kindle .mobi, .epub, and .html.

Last edited by Icy Shake on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:03 pm

swicked wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:If Somber or a member of the editing team says to end a discussion, please do so.
Holy crud, I totally forgot about that rule. I now have some kinda unofficial mod powers?  Yay!  Dash clapping 
Now, if only I could get some real ones...
Just remember it only applies to this thread.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vergil Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:04 pm

@Robo read it after I asked about it a while back, good but the author needed to learn how to elaborate a bit. The story was far too brief for what it could have been.

@swicked oh dear.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:08 pm

Have you read the sequel?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Yeah, he did better with the length there. It wanders from the inspiration in the first story I liked though, so though I finished it I wasn't the biggest fan.

In other news, I'm up to 11 in ph again. I remember all of this, but it has been so long since I read it that it all feels fresh again. Finding some errors still, but as I lack a computer it's difficult to report them. A main one I recall was Dusty's story over cards refers to a 'He,' but never indicates who that is (Ch. 9).
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Vergil wrote:Yeah, he did better with the length there. It wanders from the inspiration in the first story I liked though, so though I finished it I wasn't the biggest fan.

In other news, I'm up to 11 in ph again. I remember all of this, but it has been so long since I read it that it all feels fresh again. Finding some errors still, but as I lack a computer it's difficult to report them. A main one I recall was Dusty's story over cards refers to a 'He,' but never indicates who that is (Ch. 9).
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:03 pm

I'll make more of an effort to record the other things I spot hinds. I'm trying to locate a comma that was breaking up a word somewhere around 9 that I saw this morning...
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Vergil wrote:I'll make more of an effort to record the other things I spot hinds. I'm trying to locate a comma that was breaking up a word somewhere around 9 that I saw this morning...
Oh, thanks. Unfortunately, the story almost seems to breed typos; no matter how many eyes we run over the thing, there always seem to have been a few that the last set missed.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:15 pm

You'd think that after the first brushing, than all the readers going through it, secondary brushing since ya'll updated the first couple of chapters, than even more readers going through it, and THEN all the people going back to re-read the old chapters there wouldn't be anymore typos or mistakes.

Just face it, Discord is getting his jollies by going in behind ya'll and messing with stuff.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@SilentCarto
What I meant about the cobbled-together bit was that, since the procedure had been designed to work on Princess Luna and/or Celestia, it would probably have taken into account size, nerve endings, and other biological stuff that BJ lacks. An earth pony getting cyberwings that were designed for an earth pony is easier than a unicorn getting cyber wings designed for an alicorn, I'd think. That said, well, we know it WAS a cobbled-together procedure, anyway - just commenting that it must have been quite the cobbled-together procedure, indeed. Also, thanks for cluing me into the paper.
I understood what you meant, but we actually have no proof that this "Eclipse" mod was intended specifically for Luna. It might have been, yes, but as Silver pointed out, it might also be intended for IMP alicorns, or just as an "ultimate soldier" mod for any Steelpony cyborg. If 101 had the techniques to give an earth pony control over wings, then the same techniques should be standard issue for Steelpony -- in fact, we know they are, since BJ really had no trouble using her brand-new fingers.

Icy Shake wrote:Also, the name does suggest that it was designed for Luna, not the post-Chimaera alicorn project.
Not really. Eclipse was officially a different pony, and only Goldie and a few others knew differently. It may have simply been named in honor of Eclipse due to the black finish. I'm just saying, let's not jump to any conclusions.

RoboRed wrote:Have you read the sequel?
Sequel to... what?...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Icy Shake wrote:*Rules*

Rule number five no longer works. That's why the official was created if I remembering correctly either Somber or the editing staff or maybe it was just Ryx no longer wanted to visit the thread due to it's random nature. So maybe it should be stricken out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Moreso maybe a link to the other thread specifying random discussion go there.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:40 am

Ch. 14: "I heard dusty cards behind shuffled as I closed my eyes."

Wanna run that by me again, Bj?
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:44 am

Incidentally, somewhere prior to 13 there's an 'i' missing from 'cutie mark.' Ctrl-f 'cute' if you care enough to find it, sorry I can't be exact in this case.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:58 am

Ch.15, new paragraph following Glory failing to fly and apologising, Bj responds, "Don't worry about."
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:01 am

So I made a short story about the starmetal sword after my thirteen hour shift. I'm pretty sleep deprived when I wrote it so maybe posting it isn't the greatest idea but I don't care. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Spoiler:
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:59 am

Vergil wrote:Ch. 14: "I heard dusty cards behind shuffled as I closed my eyes."

Wanna run that by me again, Bj?
Ah, thank you.

Vergil wrote:Incidentally,  somewhere prior to 13 there's an 'i' missing from 'cutie mark.' Ctrl-f 'cute' if you care enough to find it, sorry I can't be exact in this case.
I'm not sure how you noted the error without it's location, but I was able to track it down in ten. Thanks. :)

Vergil wrote:Ch.15, new paragraph following Glory failing to fly and apologising, Bj responds, "Don't worry about."
And thank you again.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:03 am

Exodus Hero wrote:So I made a short story about the starmetal sword after my thirteen hour shift. I'm pretty sleep deprived when I wrote it so maybe posting it isn't the greatest idea but I don't care. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Spoiler:
...Huh. This is not something I ever expected to read. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:30 am

Caoimhe wrote:Moreso maybe a link to the other thread specifying random discussion go there.

I have to second this. This thread is about 1000X more on-topic than it used to be.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:34 pm

@hinds I blame the vodka.

In other news, Ch.17: "I had to find this Caprice...fassuming she hadn't just abandoned Flank..."
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:39 pm

swicked wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:If Somber or a member of the editing team says to end a discussion, please do so.
Holy crud, I totally forgot about that rule. I now have some kinda unofficial mod powers?  Yay!  Dash clapping 
Now, if only I could get some real ones...
Yeah, it's not brought up too often, and seems a little redundant, but I guess it didn't hurt to formalize it.

Last wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:*Rules*

Rule number five no longer works. That's why the official was created if I remembering correctly either Somber or the editing staff or maybe it was just Ryx no longer wanted to visit the thread due to it's random nature. So maybe it should be stricken out.
Derpmind wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:Moreso maybe a link to the other thread specifying random discussion go there.

I have to second this. This thread is about 1000X more on-topic than it used to be.
Considering the turnover there, a link would be prohibitively maintenance-intensive. But I've changed the entry to "Looking for random discussions that may or may not have anything to do with the story? Check out the [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread!" so I hope that's a better fit for the new reality. Silent, if you'd like a rollback or other changes, let me know and I'll edit them in.

SilentCarto wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@SilentCarto
What I meant about the cobbled-together bit was that, since the procedure had been designed to work on Princess Luna and/or Celestia, it would probably have taken into account size, nerve endings, and other biological stuff that BJ lacks. An earth pony getting cyberwings that were designed for an earth pony is easier than a unicorn getting cyber wings designed for an alicorn, I'd think. That said, well, we know it WAS a cobbled-together procedure, anyway - just commenting that it must have been quite the cobbled-together procedure, indeed. Also, thanks for cluing me into the paper.
I understood what you meant, but we actually have no proof that this "Eclipse" mod was intended specifically for Luna. It might have been, yes, but as Silver pointed out, it might also be intended for IMP alicorns, or just as an "ultimate soldier" mod for any Steelpony cyborg. If 101 had the techniques to give an earth pony control over wings, then the same techniques should be standard issue for Steelpony -- in fact, we know they are, since BJ really had no trouble using her brand-new fingers.
I'm still not 100% sold on control of extra body parts being standard to Steelpony, and would be interested to see more indication either way. And in fact, fingers weren't part of the project, but Rover's addition. Granted, that's a specific application an not the general case, but the added control capability could still have been subsequent, parallel development on the part of Rover and Stable 101. (I had thought FoE implied that new work continued in 101 after the war, but I'm not sure on this.)

SilentCarto wrote:
Icy Shake wrote:Also, the name does suggest that it was designed for Luna, not the post-Chimaera alicorn project.
Not really. Eclipse was officially a different pony, and only Goldie and a few others knew differently. It may have simply been named in honor of Eclipse due to the black finish. I'm just saying, let's not jump to any conclusions.
Yeah, I was in a bit of a hurry because I was on lunch break at the time, so I may not have thought through the wording as well as I would have preferred. "Is suggestive that," as a somewhat weaker claim, might have better reflected my thoughts at the time. Also, I think that from an outside perspective, it's thematically stronger if the model was designed for Luna, as it establishes a sort of link between them, with Blackjack now in the body of (intended for) the original Maiden of Stars.

Anyway, this morning I was thinking about how the nature of Equestrian gemstones in PH might reflect on or impact Rarity's special talent for jewel location. Does that suggest she always had a special affinity for souls, or things altered by them? Does her talent apply to ordinary minerals, like the ones Goldenblood showed to his students as examples of chemically identical minerals from elsewhere? Could that have made her predisposed to consider soul magic where most were instinctively repelled? And might it help her better understand the needs and desires of others?

Last edited by Icy Shake on Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing typos/grammar.)
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:21 pm

What if Luna lost her wings in a terrorist attack?  Or her horn?
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:32 pm

It wouldn't surprise me. Seeing how the zebra's see Luna as Nightmare Moon / agent of their destruction it make sense that they would try to kill her. However Luna always struck me as the person who would get herself augmented for intimidation / presence.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:46 pm

In fairness, this is kind of a nitpick:

Ch 18: "I lay in the wet grass, my limbs twitching as phantom pain shot through my limbs."

...but I don't think Bj works for the Equestrian Department of Redundancy Department.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:28 pm

No, but I do.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Hah, fair enough!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Vergil wrote:@hinds I blame the vodka.

In other news, Ch.17: "I had to find this Caprice...fassuming she hadn't just abandoned Flank..."
Ah, thank you.

Icy Shake wrote:Anyway, this morning I was thinking about how the nature of Equestrian gemstones in PH might reflect on or impact Rarity's special talent for jewel location. Does that suggest she always had a special affinity for souls, or things altered by them? Does her talent apply to ordinary minerals, like the ones Goldenblood showed to his students as examples of chemically identical minerals from elsewhere? Could that have made her predisposed to consider soul magic where most were instinctively repelled? And might it help her better understand the needs and desires of others?
Ooh, interesting idea.

Somber wrote:What if Luna lost her wings in a terrorist attack?  Or her horn?
Ah, that makes sense.

Vergil wrote:What if Luna lost her wings in a terrorist attack?  Or her horn?
And thank you again.

Somber wrote:No, but I do.
Vergil wrote:Hah, fair enough!
:)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Bj's discovery and subsequent use of the contrabass has me submerged in that 104 piece long classical playlist on my ipod again.

...I am ok with this.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:58 pm

Somber wrote:What if Luna lost her wings in a terrorist attack?  Or her horn?

A medical pony would regrow it? Like Lacunae did for BJ or velvet did for... Silver belle? Who was that pony Ditzy adopted?

Not the wings though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:52 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Exodus Hero wrote:So I made a short story about the starmetal sword after my thirteen hour shift. I'm pretty sleep deprived when I wrote it so maybe posting it isn't the greatest idea but I don't care. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Spoiler:
...Huh.  This is not something I ever expected to read.  :)
glad you enjoyed it :D
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next