Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
RandomBlank
Theta
Formis_Fluttergod
hawkeye92
Ametros
The Holy Tuna
Scyto Harmony
Vergil
iLateralGX
Meleagridis
Katarn
Derpmind
Quotidian
IncoherentOrange
tylertoon2
Valikdu
nebulous
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Custardman
OneMoreDaySK
MrMagma
Cptadder
Somber
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Aonee
Caoimhe
Ketchup
Icy Shake
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
SilentCarto
Rafafidi
Kippershy
Sindri
O. Hinds
45 posters

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Stringtheory Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:42 pm

just made the steam group under the name of 'Project Horizons Comment Crew'
for those who aren't not in my friends list and therefore have not gotten invites, either pm or post your steam ID's so I or another member can send you an invite

anyone know of a good FO:PH pic which is square that can be used as the avatar/profile pic? the current cover is too rectangular and gets squeezed too much to be anywhere near useful
EDIT: well, now that I look at it, it's not THAT bad...

plus anyone here have any experience running a steam group because I sure as hell don't

Last edited by stringtheory on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:44 pm

You should use an appropriate Queen Whiskey with crown headshot.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Caoimhe wrote:You should use an appropriate Queen Whiskey with crown headshot.
send me the link and I will gladly use it
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Went looking but this is infinitely more appropriate: http://derpiboo.ru/74341?scope=scpe5ab939bbf869b2bee6e9b0cb05653f06dce275d4
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:59 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Went looking but this is infinitely more appropriate: http://derpiboo.ru/74341?scope=scpe5ab939bbf869b2bee6e9b0cb05653f06dce275d4
any OTHER suggestions? I really shouldn't have been the creator/owner, I have WAY too much/high self-image/respect/morals/standards, I'm not nearly insane enough to manage a group with this little sanity, eh, oh well...ownership is not transferable (stupid steam...) so I guess I'm stuck where I am, guess I'll just have to join the madness
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:14 am

browsing derpibooru found this:
Spoiler:
HOLY SHIT THAT'S AWESOME!
mental image of humanized Blackjack changed
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:14 am

stringtheory wrote:browsing derpibooru found this:
Spoiler:

Cool metal gear styled cybernetics...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:17 am

stringtheory wrote:just made the steam group under the name of 'Project Horizons Comment Crew'
for those who aren't not in my friends list and therefore have not gotten invites, either pm or post your steam ID's so I or another member can send you an invite

anyone know of a good FO:PH pic which is square that can be used as the avatar/profile pic? the current cover is too rectangular and gets squeezed too much to be anywhere near useful
EDIT: well, now that I look at it, it's not THAT bad...

plus anyone here have any experience running a steam group because I sure as hell don't

umm Admiral Stoic Rum or stoiccrusader
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:18 am

Spoiler:
What was that about beguiling flanks of steel? Coo
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:19 am

I'm not a fan of humanized ponies.

Indeed, I will be "that one." How
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:19 am

WOW, that is awesome pic..though she look little Japanese..or Chinese...and IIRC her sword isn't katana-like.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:26 am

Katarn wrote:WOW, that is awesome pic..though she look little Japanese..or Chinese...and IIRC her sword isn't katana-like.

agreed I thought it to be more like a cutlass or even a chinese style sword really
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:27 am

I'm OACobalt on Steam, because long names need abbreviations sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:56 am

I'm guarddogjr on Steam

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:59 am

Somber wrote:Small news. 12p into ch 50. Oh, and I have a job interview on Monday in Fallon. I probably won't get it, but we'll see. If I don't get the job then I'll be heading down to vegas.
I'm glad that things seem to be going well for you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:24 am

Caoimhe wrote:I'm not a fan of humanized ponies.

To test the theory that you are incapable of boring answers...

Why?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:39 am

Indeed, I will be "that one." [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 920138312

Yeah, me neither. That image was well-drawn, though I do prefer ponies to humans if the character is supposed to be a pony.

...They're far more adorable that way.

Edit: Does anyone know how Somber muses? A machine, that one is, putting out the average length of one of my stories (minus three thousand words, but still) in what usually is one week.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:17 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Thanks for those tumblr links, btw - my folder of "Ask" blog links is now large enough that Chrome complains every time I open them all at once. A good thing!
You're welcome, sir, I'm glad I could be of help. And yay for killing browsers with too many tabs! I used to do that so often on my old computer...

stringtheory wrote:just made the steam group under the name of
'Project Horizons Comment Crew'
Ah, send me an invite, would you
kindly? I think I'm registered under wavemasterryx.

stringtheory wrote:browsing derpibooru found this: [Human-Blackjack] [source]
Indeed, I will be "that one."
Not everyone is a fan of human
ponies, nor should they have to be. Personally I much prefer normal
ponies to humanized versions, but I can still say it's a pretty good
picture.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:20 am

Somber wrote:Oh, and I have a job interview on Monday in Fallon. I probably won't get it, but we'll see. If I don't get the job then I'll be heading down to vegas.
Now, now, don't be so defeatist - you'll never win that way. I wish you the best of luck.

Ehh...I like it only if it's done right, but I'm generally not a fan.

That being said...

Spoiler:

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Mlfw3179-poniestboner
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:25 am

In my personal headcanon, the sword either a broadsword or a claymore.
...which essentially look the same, but a claymore is longer.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:22 am

Somber wrote:Small news. 12p into ch 50. Oh, and I have a job interview on Monday in Fallon. I probably won't get it, but we'll see. If I don't get the job then I'll be heading down to vegas.
Best of luck!

Who's the interview with, if you don't mind the asking? It's a long shot, but on the off-chance I have any contacts with connections there...

Spoiler:
Ooooooooh........

Not the best on technical accuracy (sword style is wrong, limbs were passable as natural for stealth purposes, there's something off about the face, and why the hell would combat armor leave a bare thigh) but I'm kinda failing to get upset about those at the moment.

Kippershy wrote:In my personal headcanon, the sword either a broadsword or a claymore.
I believe it is specified to be a curved, elegant blade. My headcanon's always been something along the lines of a classic cavalry sabre.
Spoiler:
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:09 am

Sindri wrote:
Kippershy wrote:In my personal headcanon, the sword either a broadsword or a claymore.
I believe it is specified to be a curved, elegant blade. My headcanon's always been something along the lines of a classic cavalry sabre.
Spoiler:
I was thinking of the longsword myself, though a cavalry sabre would be cooler and more fitting, given the setting.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulous Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:27 am

Katarn wrote:WOW, that is awesome pic..though she look little Japanese..or Chinese...
There's no reason that she shouldn't be. Since Fallout's Chinese are African Romans in this verse, who's to say that humanified Equestrians wouldn't be Asian or Latino or Maori or whatever?
nebulous
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:09 am

Meleagridis wrote:

Why?

Okay. It's an interesting idea, to picture what anthropomorphized characters looks like as humans, but it's kind of an easy cop-out. The challenge of this style is to apply subtle human characteristics to pony form to make them unique. Reversing the technique is kind of "easy" in my opinion. By no means is it bad or cheap or whatever, it's just the appeal of the medium is that it's pony, not human. By any other means you can interchange any body type and call it a human pony but there's a number of art styles and techniques you can develop to draw more abstract pony forms.

Basically in theory you can take any female blank, add hair colour and style and maybe a few accessories and call it a humanized pony. Not to offend others but it's kind of the same reason I don't always care for OC ponies that are more or less generic bicoloured ponies with accessories or clothes or googles or whatever else. The appeal of this G4 style is that the characters are for the most part mostly naked yet are made unique by their colouring and subtle nuances. You can tell some of Pinkie Pie's characteristics for instance by her wider eyes and poofy hair. Fluttershy's hair is very subtle and 'shadowy' and her unique more almond shaped eyes convey her shyness. Rarity's stylized hair and plain white coat convey a sense of regality. RD of course is mostly pictured with an aggressive but subtle musletone and messy unkempt flamboyant mane. AJ is hatpony. Applejack

Basically OCs adding extra stuff to be unique and distinguish them from the rest loses some of the subtle elements of design Faust gave this generation and by the same token humanizing ponies does the exact same thing by eliminating the defining features all together. My take at least.

Regardless all art is still awesome anyway. :)

Hmm.... Actually one of my peeves (maybe because this generation is so new) is that many artists try REALLY hard to just imitate Faust's design style without adding much of their own to it. This is something that I hope to see change and evolve soon. I love Mistermech and Waveykins' (<3) art for instance because the style is really special and unique. You can point at and say it's there's. Most of the hundreds of comics and art on EqD? Not so unique. This is partly why I feel lots of OCs have to be laden down in accessories, because they try so hard to perfectly emulate Faust's style that without any extra features, they would be indistinguishable from the rest.

To tie this to PH, Somber does the unique-by-body right in his descriptions. P-21 is blue and blue. Very basic, yet from his personality you can draw his stance and eye gaze well from memory and know it's P-21. Psychoshy is a more aggressive and probably more toned Fluttershy. Besides his skin condition, Goldenblood has his distinct intimidating gaze. When we met Caprice, by Somber's distinction alone I knew what her tame by sultry body type and eyes would look like before I even looked up a picture. None of these characters needed anything extra to define them. This is different because they're in written fiction first but the characters are instantly recognizable in fan art.

Ooh, here's a thing to reinforce my off topic tangent: Take a look at the Big Lebowski ponies nod, nix their added clothing and you can still tell who is Walter, Donnie, the Dude and and da Jesus by their frame.

That's fucking good art and that's a fucking good 200th post. Sweetie Belle

Random thought since I'm here: I think Mistermech's "Weight of the Wasteland" pic should be made the cover of PH. I think it's pretty much the best summarization of everything and captures the mood of most of it without spoiling. This image was pretty much the catalyst that made me start reading the story. Ya, I judged a book by its "cover," wanna fight about it?
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:40 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
stringtheory wrote:just made the steam group under the name of
'Project Horizons Comment Crew'
Ah, send me an invite, would you
kindly? I think I'm registered under wavemasterryx.
'wavemasterryx' turns up no results through search

Caoimhe wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:

Why?
*snip*
personally I don't really like anthro pics they're just creepy, humanized pics I'm fine with.

I have to agree that I guess I do consider artists who have their own style more highly then others

anyone here had any experience in running a steam group or is willing to help me? the steam group could use some officers/mods
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Do we need a Steam group if we're all friends already?
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:44 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:Do we need a Steam group if we're all friends already?
it's just easier this way, the reason why I made the steam group was because I'm too lazy to find and friend everyone, plus now we have group chat, and all the other awesome steam group stuff
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Oh anthro is the wrong word I guess. I mean ponypony.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:54 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Random thought since I'm here: I think Mistermech's "Weight of the Wasteland" pic should be made the cover of PH. I think it's pretty much the best summarization of everything and captures the mood of most of it without spoiling. This image was pretty much the catalyst that made me start reading the story. Ya, I judged a book by its "cover," wanna fight about it?

Mind sharing which one you mean? I don't have his D.A or anything bookmarked so have no clue what you're on about.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:04 pm

stringtheory wrote:
IncoherentOrange wrote:Do we need a Steam group if we're all friends already?
it's just easier this way, the reason why I made the steam group was because I'm too lazy to find and friend everyone, plus now we have group chat, and all the other awesome steam group stuff

Invite me back in there, I guess.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next