Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
RandomBlank
Theta
Formis_Fluttergod
hawkeye92
Ametros
The Holy Tuna
Scyto Harmony
Vergil
iLateralGX
Meleagridis
Katarn
Derpmind
Quotidian
IncoherentOrange
tylertoon2
Valikdu
nebulous
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Custardman
OneMoreDaySK
MrMagma
Cptadder
Somber
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Aonee
Caoimhe
Ketchup
Icy Shake
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
SilentCarto
Rafafidi
Kippershy
Sindri
O. Hinds
45 posters

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:26 pm

canitnerd wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:Random thought since I'm here: I think Mistermech's "Weight of the Wasteland" pic should be made the cover of PH. I think it's pretty much the best summarization of everything and captures the mood of most of it without spoiling. This image was pretty much the catalyst that made me start reading the story. Ya, I judged a book by its "cover," wanna fight about it?

Mind sharing which one you mean? I don't have his D.A or anything bookmarked so have no clue what you're on about.

http://mistermech.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=96#/d4kzujq

Pretty good cover, I prefer http://mistermech.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=96#/d4l4n5n though.

I liked the first one, it reminds me of the sheer massive responsibility of a hero's quest for something that is more than a little important, such as the fate of a community, a nation, a continent, a world, an entire universe, or even more. This depicts an ill-fated, though uncannily resilient mare, who's gone through hell and back more times than any being should, not to mention how many times she's died. She sure does look weary. Who wouldn't be?
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Meleagridis Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Naw. This.
SilentCarto wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:Blackjack is a Deus we've chosen to forgive.
Arguement

Completely missed this! Time to pull out the response wagon and-

RandomBlank wrote:Deus/BJ redemption:
BJ is already strides ahead of Deus in terms of redeeming herself. She fails about half the time, has no single "Talk to Twist" style goal, just "do better" and she's mostly sucessful at that.

God dammit! Using Blackjack's intensely disproportionate trauma and capacity for good just isn't fair! It's like loading her angst into a debate gun- I really can't argue that.
I will say that Doof did try to do better, and tried for years as well. And I still maintain that Blackjack is still at risk of losing herself- she is far from her equivalent Vanity encounter.

Caoimhe wrote:A whole lot.
Theory confirmed.

Don't suppose you happen to know a few other such unique artists? Talent like them is always worth a look.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Well, Blackjack and the Dealer's relationship has grown dramatically since the start. He used to mostly antagonize her but gradually he revealed more about himself. It seems the most "humanized" he comes the more "human" he gets. Pretty good way to develop him IMO.

Cool I'm a pegasus now. ~I believe I can fly.~
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:46 pm

swicked wrote:...I wonder why the dealer started off skeletal and got progressively healthier? Let alone his outfit and the cards stuff? Are those things Blackjack projected onto him, or can he control his appearance? I really wonder why he looks and changes like he does, 'cause I doubt any of it is how he looked when he was soul jarred.
I'd guess he progressively looked more 'alive' because of the program he's bound to writing off potential heirs as incapacitated/missing/dead and nearing the end of the list of recipients.
This is probably nonsense, but that is my correlation.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Achievement unlocked: Visited a place. +10% flesh bonus
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:58 pm

He said during one scene (I believe after fucking Styggie) that it's about how much effort he has to put into speaking with her.
Which could mean a variety of things, though I'm going to personally lock it down onto distance from where HE is and how far the programme has gone on its mission.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:12 pm

grrr, all this talk about Dealer is making me want to re-read PH, but I know I can't because I'm slowly reading through End of Ponies (I'm on 15 of 24), it's not even that long, only 504k words (and I never thought I could say that seriously) I read through FO:E and PH faster, guess 20k+ word chapters really takes it out of guy, and I can't read more then one long story at a time (updates for old stories don't count) apparently
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:21 pm

my other theory is he chooses to appear dead, because at first he didn't give a fuck about BJ - so why reveal himself?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Part of me still wishes he was actually just Blackjack's subconscious and she literally was progressively growing more unstable with PTSD. It was an fun angle to take with the story, but the added mystery of who the hell the dude actually is is very exciting. Mysteryyyyyyyy!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Maybe bits of the dealers soul are in each terminal Blackjack accesses, and the dealer is trying to get those bits back by syncing in and downloading the programs his soul is in. All along, he has been manipulating Blackjack into retrieving his soul bits for him, and he becomes more alive with more soul bits.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:54 pm

stringtheory wrote:grrr, all this talk about Dealer is making me want to re-read PH, but I know I can't because I'm slowly reading through End of Ponies (I'm on 15 of 24), it's not even that long, only 504k words (and I never thought I could say that seriously) I read through FO:E and PH faster, guess 20k+ word chapters really takes it out of guy, and I can't read more then one long story at a time (updates for old stories don't count) apparently
I love End of Ponies. Have I ever mentioned how much I love End of Ponies? I. LOVE. End of Ponies. Sweetie Belle

Wait'll you get to the Pinkie Arc. It is an absolute blast.

Last edited by RoboRed on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:58 pm

So the difficulty of the connection is shown by how much of him is there? Hard => Skeleton?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:59 pm

swicked wrote:What else could it be, though? Maybe he gets a bit more every time EC-1101 is used to unlock a project? Or something regarding the dueling cyber monsters becoming more active? Or... well, I can't actually think of anything else Blackjack has done with it. I just think it might be more complicated than that, since I'm not sure how EC accomplishing its objectives would result in the dealer becoming less dead.

Well, the Dealer first appeared in BJ's dreams. I don't think that this is the Dealer we've come to know and love- just nightmares. Blackjack projected the identity of the Dealer onto Echo/whoever when he started to manifest, and he rolled with it. What was the very first time the Dealer showed up outside of Blackjack's dreams? Was he still a skeleton? Was BJ under any particular influence then?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:26 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:So the difficulty of the connection is shown by how much of him is there? Hard => Skeleton?

That's what he said himself.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I love Mistermech and Waveykins' (<3) art for instance because the style is really special and unique. You can point at and say it's there's.

Random thought since I'm here: I think Mistermech's "Weight of the Wasteland" pic should be made the cover of PH. I think it's pretty much the best summarization of everything and captures the mood of most of it without spoiling. This image was pretty much the catalyst that made me start reading the story.
You're far too kind, ma'am, thank you very much.
And that picture of Mech's really is a wonderful piece still, it would make a pretty good cover. And it's quite interesting to find out that's what got you into PH, it's definitely as good a reason as any to get started on a story.

stringtheory wrote:'wavemasterryx' turns up no results through
search
Which would be why I said "I think" heh. Honestly I can
never remember how Steam works for that... I'll just hang out in the
group's chat room and if you see me in there sometime you can throw me
an invite.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:56 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
stringtheory wrote:'wavemasterryx' turns up no results through
search
Which would be why I said "I think" heh. Honestly I can
never remember how Steam works for that... I'll just hang out in the
group's chat room and if you see me in there sometime you can throw me
an invite.
I'm pretty sure only members of a group can join it's chat room, if you're steam friends with anyone on here message them for an invite, otherwise look me up under 'stringtheory'
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:58 pm

I need to remind myself not to write long posts when hung over. It looks like I made every mistake in the book today with regards to grammar and formatting. Eep. Applebloom

Anyway, this is freaking pretty: http://derpiboo.ru/74556?scope=scpe5ab939bbf869b2bee6e9b0cb05653f06dce275d4 Great use of shading and texture (especially with the mane), and the correctly oriented ear-splay (which is something some artists seem to miss, either too flat or not rotated correctly with anatomy) helps convey the mood. Horn isn't as compact though. :P

Last edited by Caoimhe on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:58 pm

swicked wrote:...I wonder why the dealer started off skeletal and got progressively healthier? Let alone his outfit and the cards stuff? Are those things Blackjack projected onto him, or can he control his appearance? I really wonder why he looks and changes like he does, 'cause I doubt any of it is how he looked when he was soul jarred.
His apparent health seems to be inversely proportional to the effort it takes him to talk to her. He started out skeletal, gradually got better (probably as he found better times/places to talk and got more experience doing it), but went right back to practically skeletal when she forced him to talk at a bad time.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:07 pm

so i am contemplating this, to drink or not to drink...

also totally add right now
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Depends, what's in your bar? Make a list and I'll tell you a cocktail.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:14 pm

Lets see, I've got... rum...rum, and rum, oh rum, rum and ah! coke look rum!

and there is a bar right next door
odds are they can make it for me if I bring a recipe over
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:21 pm

In your case, make/go get a Navy Grog. Use equal parts dark and white rum, lots of citrus fruit juice (pineapple, grape fruit, no oj if you can help it), and throw some cointreau in it or a lesser triple sec and simple syrup. Add some basil if you got it.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:23 pm

This is a bit random, but...rumors are flying thick right now that the next fallout game is going to be set in the commonwealth/ the institute.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:24 pm

According to what I read on a wiki, that's more than likely right down the road from me at MIT. Badass, I hope my apartment building isn't full of mutants in the altered future. There's enough here already now.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Oh god, the next Fallout potentially in Boston? Can't wait for everything to be spoken in the traditional Boston twang.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Ahem, it's a dropped coda phoneme , not a twang. Rarity

Regardless I can't wait to see how they royally fuck it up and make it embarrassing like every attempt at our signature style.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Caoimhe wrote:In your case, make/go get a Navy Grog. Use equal parts dark and white rum, lots of citrus fruit juice (pineapple, grape fruit, no oj if you can help it), and throw some cointreau in it or a lesser triple sec and simple syrup. Add some basil if you got it.

That needs white rum... I have jamacain... and no juice oh look, grocery store next door to liquor store... lol, lets see... How does basil fit in the flavor pallette? just adds some bitter to ie?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Whatever you wanna call it, my stepfather's entire family, including him, are from there and speak it. I will know if it sounds wrong or not.

...or maybe they all have been faking their accents this entire time?
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:In your case, make/go get a Navy Grog. Use equal parts dark and white rum, lots of citrus fruit juice (pineapple, grape fruit, no oj if you can help it), and throw some cointreau in it or a lesser triple sec and simple syrup. Add some basil if you got it.

That needs white rum... I have jamacain... and no juice oh look, grocery store next door to liquor store... lol, lets see... How does basil fit in the flavor pallette? just adds some bitter to ie?

Maybe a mai tai then? Pretty much the same with only one type of rum, really it's not too specific though. The basil just adds a little more bitterness just to even it out a little bit since it's sweet and more sweet.

iLateralGX wrote:Whatever you wanna call it, my stepfather's entire family, including him, are from there and speak it. I will know if it sounds wrong or not.

...or maybe they all have been faking their accents this entire time?

Hah. When The Departed came out I was visiting a friend in Florida and we saw it opening night in a theater there and pretty much all the Floridians did was laugh at the accent. Gawd it was embarassing. :(
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Mmmm...mai tai...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next