Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
RandomBlank
Theta
Formis_Fluttergod
hawkeye92
Ametros
The Holy Tuna
Scyto Harmony
Vergil
iLateralGX
Meleagridis
Katarn
Derpmind
Quotidian
IncoherentOrange
tylertoon2
Valikdu
nebulous
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Custardman
OneMoreDaySK
MrMagma
Cptadder
Somber
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Aonee
Caoimhe
Ketchup
Icy Shake
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
SilentCarto
Rafafidi
Kippershy
Sindri
O. Hinds
45 posters

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Meleagridis Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:57 pm

I know this has been asked before, but does anyone know a few good artists for Fallout: Equestria that are currently doing commissions? Y'know, aside from Mech. I think everyone knows him.

Last edited by Meleagridis on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Technicalities of grammar. Hoo-rah!)
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Caoimhe wrote:
Hah. When The Departed came out I was visiting a friend in Florida and we saw it opening night in a theater there and pretty much all the Floridians did was laugh at the accent. Gawd it was embarassing. :(

Funniest thing is I am a Floridian, or was I guess. Moved into my grandmother's house here in Kentucky with my mom and sister to get away from my stepfather because he is a bastard he and my mother are going through a divorce.

Point being as a Floridian I know how dumb Floridians can be. I guess you can apply that just about anywhere though.
That being said I apologize on behalf of Florida. For everything. Except for the voting thing. Seriously what the fuck Florida?
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Meleagridis wrote:I know this has been asked before, but does anyone know a few good artists for Fallout: Equestria that are currently doing commissions? Y'know, aside from Mech. I think everyone knows him.

Kibugamikenzo... this is your guy fucking awesome!

http://kibugamikenzo.deviantart.com/

did this for me

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/095/1/2/_comm__admiral_stoic_rum_makes_rem_blush__by_kibugamikenzo-d4v5ket.jpg
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:14 pm

@Ryx
For Steam, whatcha gotta do is: look at the menu on top of your main Steam client screen. Click on "Steam," and then go down and click on "Settings." Click on the tab that says "Friends" and then, next to your avatar, there should be a spot for "Profile Name" - whatever's entered there is what we need to friend you :)

@Boston accent
I can't do one. At all. I can imitate one if someone else starts it, but that's it. :(

@Fallout 4 (or Fallout: Thingamabob)
Yes! This could be sweet. Commonwealth setting might be veeery interesting. I mean, they're probably gonna do the standard "You were born in super high tech awesomeland, but for reasons x/y/z now you're now in the surrounding Wasteland and must do Things" but even so! I'm hoping for more nature and dark green colors. And something compelling with the androids.

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:18 pm

@Fallout 4
OR since the game takes place in vicinity to The Institute US the character are actually androids! Tilt
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:21 pm

The Commonwealth is in Canada, IIRC. Probably will feature androids and a lot of other robotic characters.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Commonwealth is Massachusetts. Which is why we were talking about Boston accents and whatnot.

Also, BEEP BOOP.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:29 pm

Yes, but when Canada was annexed it became part of the commonwealth, no?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Off topic:

These are some nice drawing and measurements of the government model
M1911-A1 each part
http://www.m1911.org/M1911-A1_REDUX.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:36 pm

After a bit of looking around it does not look like anything particularity important was really done with Canada. It does not appear that they were included in the commonwealth system at all after annexation.

Plus, we are talking specifically about the New England Commonwealth here, or at least a portion of it.

Edit: @1911: Dear lord I could recreate an M1911 in Autodesk Inventor with this document. I don't have the patience though.

Last edited by iLateralGX on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Katarn wrote:WOW, that is awesome pic..though she look little Japanese..or Chinese...and IIRC her sword isn't katana-like.

agreed I thought it to be more like a cutlass or even a chinese style sword really

From a soon-to-be soldier's and engineering standpoint I always thought her sword would be more like a claymore or flamberge, since with either you have two cutting edges and the wave pattern of the latter's blade sends unpleasant vibrations into the target.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:37 pm

iLateralGX wrote:After a bit of looking around it does not look like anything particularity important was really done with Canada.

Ah, forgotten again, are we? ;_;
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:38 pm

iLateralGX wrote:After a bit of looking around it does not look like anything particularity important was really done with Canada. It does not appear that they were included in the commonwealth system at all after annexation.

Plus, we are talking specifically about the New England Commonwealth here, or at least a portion of it.

From what I think I know, Canada wasn't hit too hard with the nukes, but the fact prevails that Canada's a fairly empty place. New York City has more people in it than Canada does.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:41 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:After a bit of looking around it does not look like anything particularity important was really done with Canada.

I mean in Fallout after the annexation and things!

You guys are important! You have done... stuff... THE TELEPHONE. That thing, you guys did that. :D
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:41 pm

iLateralGX wrote:@1911: Dear lord I could recreate an M1911 in Autodesk Inventor with this document. I don't have the patience though.

Ya could always do CAD then send it to Mastercam or Catia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Technically we also did the light-bulb, by no one believes us.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:45 pm

eh nikolai tesla bested edison on all grounds
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Bubbles wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:@1911: Dear lord I could recreate an M1911 in Autodesk Inventor with this document. I don't have the patience though.

But I'm laaaaaaaazy! And impatient. Also I don't have the software.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:46 pm

iLateralGX wrote:
Bubbles wrote:

lol ok, have 2007 CAD software and not even letting me go into the 3D modeling... *facehoof*

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:48 pm

iLateralGX wrote:
ScytoHarmony wrote:

You guys are important! You have done... stuff... THE TELEPHONE. That thing, you guys did that. :D
In Fallout, Canada was annexed by the US pre-war. For oil. Reminds anyone of somewhere?

But yeah, Canada is pretty insignificant in-universe. Having much lower population and very few to no Vaults.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:50 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:
ScytoHarmony wrote:

In Fallout, Canada was annexed by the US pre-war. For oil. Reminds anyone of somewhere?

But yeah, Canada is pretty insignificant in-universe. Having much lower population and very few to no Vaults.

Although if they ever did anything with pre-war Fallout, the fight between the U.S and the Canadian rebels might be cool.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Bubbles wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:
Bubbles wrote:

lol ok, have 2007 CAD software and not even letting me go into the 3D modeling... *facehoof*

The only reason I myself know about Autodesk inventor and what it can do is because of the engineering class I took which forced us to use that software. The software itself is nice but I was not available to fully explore it because the assignments we were given were very limited.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:47 pm

So, regarding the sword, here's much of the important stuff we've seen.

Somber wrote:CH 11: I had seen a sword, but not just any sword. A sword twenty percent cooler than any sword I could ever have imagined, a sword made of white silver metal and decorated with etched unicorns.

CH 26: She reared above me and brought her forehooves down in a crushing blow. I lifted my sword horizontally, catching her hoofclaws as she glared down at me with murder in her eyes. I didn’t have Mallet’s magical strength and had to press my forehooves to the flat side of the single-edged blade. She was stronger and heavier, and her head tilted down to point that helmet saber right at my throat.

Ch 31: I drew my sword and swung it like a baton before me.

The tip slipped through his spiked armor to his throat, and I felt a supreme sense of satisfaction as I sliced his artery.

Ch 38: The sword would probably be too long and ungainly if wielded in my mouth.

I made a lunge to try and spear her face but she ducked low, launched forward, and dragged her claws along my exposed throat.

The sword pierced through the shoulder of her severed limb, emerging out the far side before her thrashing body tore the weapon from my mouth.

41: Then I plunged the sword straight into her chest up to the hilt.

My sword was tougher.
I stabbed it through the armor covering, and the mare inside screamed. With all the strength I could manage in my horn, I ripped the blade down completely through her wing, and we tumbled together end over end.

So we know it has one cutting edge, and the tip can be used for thrusting. Based on the first quote from 41, I'm imagining a straight-edged sword, as well.
Going off of the comparisons to use of a baton, one might make a case that it's a single-handed weapon.

At a guess, about the closest I can suggest is that it's a backsword with false edge near the tip on the backside, to enhance thrusting efficacy.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Scottish-swords-SH2003

Editing Matters:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:47 pm

Whoever's doing that steam group thing, you can add me to the group. Steam name is [UA] Blackjackâ„¢

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:17 am

nah they're full
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:26 am

iLateralGX wrote:
Bubbles wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:
Bubbles wrote:

The only reason I myself know about Autodesk inventor and what it can do is because of the engineering class I took which forced us to use that software. The software itself is nice but I was not available to fully explore it because the assignments we were given were very limited.
awww that no fun, so they never allowed ya to do ya own thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:30 am

stringtheory wrote:just made the steam group under the name of 'Project Horizons Comment Crew'
for those who aren't not in my friends list and therefore have not gotten invites, either pm or post your steam ID's so I or another member can send you an invite

I'd be liking an invite please. :D
http://steamcommunity.com/id/El-Pollo-Diablo
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:55 am

Icy Shake wrote:
Editing Matters:
Ah, thank you; I apologize for not catching these myself. However, I'm afraid that you are in fact referring to Chapter 42, not, as you say, chapter 41.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:18 am

I'm not too knowledgeable on weaponry but I'm trying to think of the practicality of some pony weapons. Swords in general seem to be low on usability. I assume they have hilts and are not just used by unicorns to float around, otherwise it would probably just be a straight blade.

Ideally if a sword was meant to be held in the mouth horizontally I imagine it would be a one sided slashing blade that'd be used like a calvary sword or something you could strike with by waving or jerking your neck (as painful as that sounds). Having it be two sided could make for a world of hurt depending on the length because you'd end up carving your arse up. However, I bet they could come up with some badass ornamental mouth guards for a sword used this way, maybe even turn it into a half helm that fits around the back of the head to reduce some of the stress and weight.

Maybe BJ's sword was originally used by griffins or some other creature with hands, given the description and how it's rather unwieldily to hold in her mouth.

Overall it seems like swords just aren't that practical. Hoofclaws and possibly some shin mounted blades seem like a better use. This leads me to imagine that a lot of pony melee fights would be close quarters brawls.

Have any other artists or writers come up with any unique pony weapons that aren't firearms? This could be nifty.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Caoimhe wrote:word was originally used by griffins or some other creature with hands, given the description and how it's rather unwieldily to hold in her mouth.

I was under the impression it belonged to a bigoted unicorn. Didn't it come from Blueblood? But it is starmetal... not all that likely he made it himself. He probably decided to cherry pick it from a dig our buy it from somewhere else.

You know, for being such a minor character, Blueblood holds the pretty illustrious position of being one of Somber's only characters without any on-screen redeeming qualities. Brass was the only other one who was monstrous through and through. But even she had a 'sad' death. Blueblood was a delusional ghoul in his death and irredeemable bastard in memory.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next