Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
RandomBlank
Theta
Formis_Fluttergod
hawkeye92
Ametros
The Holy Tuna
Scyto Harmony
Vergil
iLateralGX
Meleagridis
Katarn
Derpmind
Quotidian
IncoherentOrange
tylertoon2
Valikdu
nebulous
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Custardman
OneMoreDaySK
MrMagma
Cptadder
Somber
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Aonee
Caoimhe
Ketchup
Icy Shake
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
SilentCarto
Rafafidi
Kippershy
Sindri
O. Hinds
45 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Meleagridis Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Ehem. Going to take this a chunk at a time.
Kattlarv wrote:
@Mele:
And ah, so she was called Fluttershy for... whatever reason. {Sanguine named her that. I already said that.}

If she knew jack about him, she would likely not even consider the name, especially with what he did to her supposed mother. {Now I can't be certain, but I think history books might be scant on whose name important figures call out mid-sex. This goes back to the assumed crime against Fluttershy- of which we have no evidence but the two splitting up at some point in time. Even if he did do some moustache twirlingly common abuse, it still wouldn't make it to the history books. To Whisper, Goldenblood is NOT a villain. He's a father she never met.}

(that, and Golden was the one that took her away... if I recall right, or did Sanguine do that?) {Sanguine. Golden never did anything to hurt Whisper.}

That, and the name doesn't really reflect her at all. It makes her sound more of a whimp if you ask me. And something Psycho seemed rather self-concious about, was to not look weak, she wants to seem strong, since there are no room for weaklings in the wasteland, {Yet she adhered immediately to Sanguine naming her Fluttershy. Shy may not be an important figure in wasteland days, but she's still common knowledge as a less-than-imposing figure.}

And lastly, the fourth option, which you didn't even mention: She can give herself her own name, she's starting anew, she can be whomever she wants. Heck, she could be Slagathor if she'd want to. {Yeah. She could. But then it wouldn't be very important. Slagathor has no say in her internal conflict. Slagathor was never scared, angry, hurt, confused, happy, hopeful, hopeless. It's Psychoshy that beat would-be gladiators into a gooey mess. Whisper who learned to care for another living creature. Slagathor showed up way too late to get a vote. Poor Slag. See, the name thing is about more than what others call her. It's about the identity she is going to adopt... or drop.}

since she for whatever stupid reason instantly fell in deep, passionate love with Styg. (I just find love at first sight stupid, okay? Especially when it leaves someone to be willing to marry someone after barely 3 days.) {She diiiidn't. She fell in shallow, I've-never-had-a-relationship-before-but-this-feels-okay-so-let's-do-it love. Two kids with no experience liked each other and boned, then they didn't hate each other. There is nothing to imply that they're soul-mates. So yes, she may be getting in over her head jumping straight into an entire civilization that will expect her to marry in and start popping kids... but what's so strange about that? Girl meets an exotic boy and runs off with him to his home country with stars in her eyes. This is a thing you'd find in a normal work of fiction, why is it so hard to believe in the middle of all this Fallout insanity?}

I can't accurately say how apparently awesome Rampage is as a shrink and whatnot, but apparently she works wonders. {It's what she does. She said just a while ago that she deals with her problems by helping her friends with theirs. Besides, she played shrink before.}

I can't recall, but I don't think Styg went in in Meatlocker yes? And for all we know, Psycho didn't leave it yes? And that was about the only part they could have got some more "private time", getting to know each other from what I recall. {He went in. They danced in Afterlife, in fact. You know, they never really left each other's side since then. And BJ's gone off on her own a whole heck of a lot. That means that every time she did, they were together. Maybe not boning, but together.}

This part was just me ranting a little.:
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:24 pm

I wouldn't say it spoils anything, but it reveals a little more about the future of the story, something that can only happen when you have direct contact with the author.

It doesn't ruin anything but it can take your mind outside of the events and puts you in the mindset that this is really fiction being written at the moment. Does knowing very vague details hurt your enjoyment? No, it shouldn't. Does it kick you out of the universe at present? A little but it's not a bad thing.

The only thing I want is for Somber to write the way he feels is necessary to his own enjoyment. I feel the WORST fiction comes from those who just develop by what other people say and it ends up being a mishmash of fan ideas and stuff the audience wants. This is prevalent in a LOT of TV when writers and directors have too much of a connection with their audience. I don't feel Somber is encroaching on this at all, so I wouldn't get too defensive on him letting slip that characters will be appearing again. It's not like he's revealing the ending and filling in the blanks based on what people are hoping to see. (This is actually something I came across in an interview I did with the writer of a popular television show that ruined the entire experience for me and really soured me on his/her output).
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm being needlessly vague on who it might be just in case for some reason down the road editors find out I post here, see that post and then criticize me on JOURNALISTIC INTEGRITY. Pfffff.

I suppose this post doesn't help but then they can criticize my non use of the Oxford comma!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
This part was just me ranting a little.:
Yes, a little. And honestly, those examples you listed have more evidence that can be pieced together that shows they will happen. We bloody knew that they would head back to Chapel at some point and find Charity. Silver Stripe has a sudden possible link to whatever spyware is locked in BJ's system. And the story's far from being rid of any involvement with the Remnants and Lancer. That's a shadow that's still looming over the heads of our heroes, and honestly has been for quite some time. Oh, Blackjack's going to enter the Core? DURR.

However, while Psycho/Whisper's still a major recurring character and has been with the party for the majority of Book Three, Stygius still has had a much shorter existence in the story, even if he did play a few important roles. This whole "batpony royalty, if you go with Styggie you must stay forever" thing just came out of left-field-frigging-nowhere, and there is currently no link or shred of evidence supporting that Styg and Psycho will return again.

Apart from what Somber just so concretely said, outside of the story.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:40 pm

now for my random thing of [insert length of time here]:
Brony Gang War: One Year Later, continuing on from where
Brony Gang War left off
It's exactly what it says on the tin, and is Refuge In Audacity, which it does VERY well
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Random thought: Y'know those useless perks for hacking and lockpicking redoing? It'd be interesting if you found a lot more locked out terminals and jammed locks with better loot in them. Then suddenly those skills would be more useful, right?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:55 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Random thought: Y'know those useless perks for hacking and lockpicking redoing? It'd be interesting if you found a lot more locked out terminals and jammed locks with better loot in them. Then suddenly those skills would be more useful, right?
yeah, but it would kinda be unfair to those who don't have those skills though
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Well I have some news. I got the teaching job. 11th grade English in Fallon, NV. I have no idea what's going to happen with Horizons. I hope I'll be able to manage a chapter or two a month, but I just don't know. I don't want Horizons to wither on the vine or fade away. Many of you have given your time, attention, and money keeping the story going. You deserve an ending.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:11 pm

RoboRed wrote:...there is currently no link or shred of evidence supporting that Styg and Psycho will return again.

Apart from what Somber just so concretely said, outside of the story.
So far we know that their gene pool is small enough that they're doomed in a couple generations even with Whisper, that Stygius believes that returning to the surface is in their best interests both because of that and because of the wonders he's seen up there (and proof against the stories they'd been going by for years), and that his sister is starting to agree with him. Just based on that there was pretty much no way that they were going to remain isolated for more than a month. It's more likely that Lancer will never appear again than that those unresolved plot threads will be left where they are.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Somber wrote:Well I have some news. I got the teaching job. 11th grade English in Fallon, NV.
WOOOOOOOOOO!
Rainbow
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Somber wrote:Well I have some news. I got the teaching job. 11th grade English in Fallon, NV. I have no idea what's going to happen with Horizons. I hope I'll be able to manage a chapter or two a month, but I just don't know. I don't want Horizons to wither on the vine or fade away. Many of you have given your time, attention, and money keeping the story going. You deserve an ending.
WOOHOO! CONGRATS SOMBER! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 31 3796487374

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Somber wrote:Well I have some news. I got the teaching job. 11th grade English in Fallon, NV. I have no idea what's going to happen with Horizons. I hope I'll be able to manage a chapter or two a month, but I just don't know. I don't want Horizons to wither on the vine or fade away. Many of you have given your time, attention, and money keeping the story going. You deserve an ending.
Great that you got the job. I hope it'll be a decent one.
Write when and what you want, as always.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:17 pm

Congratulations!
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:21 pm

YAY, SOMBER! I knew you could do it! Twilight Sparkle
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Awesome. Congratulations! Good to see it's worked out in your favour. Good luck!

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Sick. I want Somber as my teach. :)
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:25 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Sick. I want Somber as my teach. :)
I doubt you'd need to take grade 11 English again.
I'd have to move across the continent to make it happen, lol.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:26 pm

True, but still! You've got some lucky students there!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Congratulations Somber! I knew you could do it!
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:32 pm

@Somber: yay, I have so many happys right now! Plus, I can finally feel impatient about the next chapter of PH without feeling like an insensitive ass. And teaching English, smart. My favorite teacher of all time is an English teacher. You should totally keep us updated on how that plays out, if you want of course. Good luck Somber, and welcome to the tax paying ranks.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Congrats, Somber! This made my night.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Remember to tell them bastard students to sit down and shut up. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 31 2937254162

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Congratulations, Somber. I can safely assume that I speak for us all when I say: We're proud of you.
You've done well getting this job, and here's to the best of luck with how it goes in general.

We all know that being a teacher is a long, hard job - you'll have a lot of your "free time" taken away by having to organise your lesson plans, what homework to set and grading that homework and work in general. We understand that you wont have the time like you previously have had, and even if it's just one chapter every three or even four weeks, we'll still stand by you until the very end and support you in your story and your job.

If you ever feel you can't cope, that it's too much workload... well, I wont lie, as much as I love your story and as much as we all love your story, I think we all would rather you be happy and as under as little stress as possible.
If that means that you have to cut Horizons short one day... well, so be it.
We'd rather have a healthy and happy Somber then a Somber who is writing the fastest possible to reach an end conclusion despite it all being too much and risking your job because of the stress.

I don't want your story to end, but if it needs to for your health - well, a story is a story at the end of the day, and you are a person.

Back on a brighter note again though, congratulations, really, I for one am really proud of you.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:02 pm

Caoimhe wrote:She did pre her mom's pistol and the two others. BJ went through shotties like candy.

I hope her proclivity for them will come back at some point. There's something I find... intensely erotic about shotguns for some reason.
You know, way back when we were still on EqD, when I was making notes as I read the story from ch. 1 to 26, one of my comments was about chapter 6: "I really wanted to introduce somepony to Ms. Shotgun."
Shotguns are all definitely "Mister". Just sayin'.

SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Congratulations Somber!! Go mold some minds! Dash clapping
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:57 pm

Somber wrote:Well I have some news. I got the teaching job. 11th grade English in Fallon, NV.
WOO! That's great! Sensors indicate that it's a pretty small town, so I hope they have all the amenities you could hope for.

On a side note, ever since I played FONV, scrolling around the Las Vegas area in Google Maps now gives me a weird sense of deja vu.

I have no idea what's going to happen with Horizons. I hope I'll be able to manage a chapter or two a month, but I just don't know. I don't want Horizons to wither on the vine or fade away. Many of you have given your time, attention, and money keeping the story going. You deserve an ending.
Even if it's just one a month, that's okay. Real life takes first place. The last thing we want is for writing to become a chore.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:02 pm

I am so proud of you.

I want you to put all your effort into this. I love horizons I really do. But I want you to succeed even more. Give it your all. And while I hope horizons can continue to update I do not want you to sacrifice such an opportunity on it.

Good luck out there. You are going to do a great job I have no doubts.

EDIT: I'm going in to the 11th grade. SO JEALOUS OF YOUR SOON TO BE STUDENTS.

By the way my steam name is tylertoon the happy little git to whoever was wondering.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Added. Now you just need to be added to the PHCC group.

-------

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=687
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31