Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
RandomBlank
Theta
Formis_Fluttergod
hawkeye92
Ametros
The Holy Tuna
Scyto Harmony
Vergil
iLateralGX
Meleagridis
Katarn
Derpmind
Quotidian
IncoherentOrange
tylertoon2
Valikdu
nebulous
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Custardman
OneMoreDaySK
MrMagma
Cptadder
Somber
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Aonee
Caoimhe
Ketchup
Icy Shake
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
SilentCarto
Rafafidi
Kippershy
Sindri
O. Hinds
45 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:21 am

For those wondering why some of us are screaming that Stiggy was a Mary Sue it's not because of the list it's because of his exit.

Oh hey you guys are hearing my voice for the first time and I'm a really nice guy but I'm totally taking off now to the Batcave with Whisper to go make Batbabys and we can totally never return because... the writer said so and by the way I'm a Prince

Toodles!

I mean serious until those paragraphs all we know about Stiggy is he's a bat pony, he's a stallion that likes mares (Gasp! Deviant!) and his personality comes from the fact he he's a pantomime horse, he can't communicate except by miming and writing stuff down when no dangers about.

Now he can talk, he's a prince and he's never coming back ever because...

And if you say because his people won't let him I remind you of exactly who the main character is and exactly how much she's done and who she has in her head.

I give it two weeks tops we will have Blackjack in back in her Queen Whiskey raiment demanding a meeting with the King of the bat people.

OAN:Chrysalis was a Queen because she's a frigging bug pony. She is Queen of the Changelings the way a Queen Bee is the Queen of her hive. She's bigger... stronger... and sparklier than traditional changelings so she's Queen because hives don't have princesses.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:28 am

I would have like to have seen Styg end up in Chapel and sort of just stay there with Whisper, retaining his goofy pantomime. I could see him learning to socialize with all the kids, playing hide and seek with them flashing around and whatnot while Whisper takes time to develop into a real being. Maybe not living in the Star House but setting up their own little cozy cottage.

Once our main heroes leave again, there's really no one left to guard Chapel that's been through a big fuckoff battle so it would have been good for someone learning to be normal, good and battle hardened (Whisper) and someone clever with a unique ability (Styg) to keep the watch.

Oooh:

Many chapters down the line if another attack on Chapel is needed, then we could introduce Styg's nobility after he's had time to develop and (if he's regained the trust of his people somehow) to lead the batponies in a defense of the town.

Then this could be some development for BJ as well: Party could have come back without knowing much to just wtf at the idea of Styg being a great leader of his people and realizing again that she doesn't need to solve everyone's problems and to put more trust in her friends' abilities.

Last edited by Caoimhe on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:31 am

Caoimhe wrote:How many other blanks besides Boo survived, if any? I wonder if you could extract one of Rampage's bosom buddies into one. Hmm.
I don't think any others survived. IIRC, the whole facility was destroyed.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:46 am

Well, he was a device for BJ to bed to recover from her rape trauma. That is actually one of my favourite scenes, as I've said before, because of BJ's thought process. Him being essentially mute is a convenient way to make it all about Blackjack.

Really that was his only purpose, Whisper stuff was writing connivence in my opinion.

Last edited by Caoimhe on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:47 am

I failed to have a problem with Styg's character until you all brought up such excellent points. -.-
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:53 am

Oh, I like Styggy as a character (to a point) but there's a real matter of party overload and what to do with minor characters that really don't have a concrete place to go.

One of the main issues is that we have BJ alone, her friends in another place, a whole bunch of new characters then a massive fucking battle and the task of reuniting BJ with her friends, reducing the new cast and dealing with the majour problem of Blackjack "cheating." It's just a ton to deal with all at once in a short period of time.

It's not a fault of Somber or anything, there's just a bunch of stuff that needed to be done and a very short time to deal with it. I can't think of a way to make it perfect.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:56 am

Stygius is coming back. In arc five. Right now he and Psychoshy are trying desperately to convince his father to allow more batponies to leave on more than hunting expeditions and to bring back outsiders to deepen the gene pool.

The reason why they have a King and a Queen is they've latched their identity on that of Tartarus, which is ruled by a King and Queen. They don't actually live in the underworld, but that would be a spoiler.

And yeah. Back to our mane 6 in the party. Soon to be mane 5.

Here is stygius' character: he's a wastrel prince who meets a surfacer and goes 'Yeah, I can hit on that. Better than being expected to marry my sister.' And then goes with her into a world he's only seen occasionally. He beds her, sure, but she is so much more than his kind back home that when she is attacked he tries to help her. He follows her to glimpse a world both terrifying but also frighteningly real. Most batponies never reach their home and they are rapidly dwindling their gene pool. After travelling with BJ, he knows he has to go back, but he doesn't want to. He knows his father will come if he doesn't, and that would be ugly, so he returns knowing now how much more needs to be done for Luna's guards. If I'd given him the ability to talk, hopefully that would have been clearer.

Last edited by Somber on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:57 am

Oh no. :O
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:01 am

*Gasp of horror*
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:08 am

I'm going to take that as Glory leaves because that's the only thing that would actually hurt BJ, after all BJ wants to be punished.

Yeah as far as Stygius goes I really didn't like him, I just haven't been as enthusiastic about the story since he first appeared. Which of course is my fault because clearly none of you have had the same problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:16 am

God I hope it's not Glory. I'll die on the inside if that happens...
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:29 am

swicked wrote:Rampage is really getting upset. She doesn't think she exists, she's lost nearly everything she ever cared about, and arguably her greatest rival just got the perfect storybook ending right in front of her. I think the others might wake up tomorrow and she just won't be around, making the next objective just to find her.

I don't know where she would go, but I really think she just wants to get away right now.

Man, I don't want any of them to leave, but I think if it's anyone it's going to be Rampage. At least just so she has some time to cool down.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:33 am

Somber wrote:Stygius is coming back. In arc five. Right now he and Psychoshy are trying desperately to convince his father to allow more batponies to leave on more than hunting expeditions and to bring back outsiders to deepen the gene pool.

The reason why they have a King and a Queen is they've latched their identity on that of Tartarus, which is ruled by a King and Queen. They don't actually live in the underworld, but that would be a spoiler.

Here is stygius' character: he's a wastrel prince who meets a surfacer and goes 'Yeah, I can hit on that. Better than being expected to marry my sister.' And then goes with her into a world he's only seen occasionally. He beds her, sure, but she is so much more than his kind back home that when she is attacked he tries to help her. He follows her to glimpse a world both terrifying but also frighteningly real. Most batponies never reach their home and they are rapidly dwindling their gene pool. After travelling with BJ, he knows he has to go back, but he doesn't want to. He knows his father will come if he doesn't, and that would be ugly, so he returns knowing now how much more needs to be done for Luna's guards. If I'd given him the ability to talk, hopefully that would have been clearer.

Glory is leaving the party, huh?
Do you have to give us these hugs spoilers? -.-
Sorry, but this is a current event spoiler, not something small from 200 years ago (in story) that doesn't have a direct effect on Blackjack and co.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:37 am

Who said it was Glory?
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:41 am

By the way, Somber, since you're here, can I just compliment you on the story? It really is one of the best things I've ever read, and that's including some of Tolkien's work.

Kind of an inspiration to me as a writer.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:54 am

Um.... wow. Am I the only one who just assumed the missing member will be Scotch, who has post-op pneumonia, plans for the town, and DOES NOT NEED to be in any more life threatening situations for a while?
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:56 am

FeatherDust wrote:Um.... wow. Am I the only one who just assumed the missing member will be Scotch, who has post-op pneumonia, plans for the town, and DOES NOT NEED to be in any more life threatening situations for a while?

Oh, Hmm. I didn't think of that.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:58 am

Somber wrote:Who said it was Glory?

No-one did... it was just my first guess given with what BJ's done, again. [broken her heart]

I mean, it could be P-21 because he needs to recover, look after scotch and get the town organised... true.
It could be Rampage, but she prefers to talk to others about their problems to avoid her own, so going off alone wouldn't fit.
Glory as I just said, has reason to tell Blackjack she's had enough of following her around and that they're over.
Lacunae has more reason then ever now to stick with BJ

heh, even still, it's just annoying because as nice as it is in a way, it's also damn tormenting being left in the dark.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:00 pm

FeatherDust wrote:Um.... wow. Am I the only one who just assumed the missing member will be Scotch, who has post-op pneumonia, plans for the town, and DOES NOT NEED to be in any more life threatening situations for a while?

I don't even consider her a part of the main party, personally. More of an extension of P-21.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:01 pm

Also, from a group composition standpoint, Scotch (like Xanthe) overlaps a lot with Glory in the tech/repair area. The other two are better at it than Glory, but with her in the group again after so long, you really don't want to relegate her to just laser air support.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:20 pm

All this discussion makes me rethink, and yeah, it'll be P-21 won't it.
Ah, my first thought was wrong (like always) but still, quite a naughty way to get discussion on the matter started, mister! =P
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:06 pm

There comes time in one's life when he decides to post something into PH thread.
Sindri wrote:
Aonee wrote:Ya know guys, with 49 out I'm pretty certain PH has broke the 1,000,000 word mark.
Nope. 969590.

Next chapter.
I think it was more around 973 000 but what's 3000 words in (almost) 1M-word long novel.

As for the last chapter, it certainly wasn't something I was expecting to see at 2AM while preparing to go to bed. Didn't get much sleep but it was worth it. Twilight crazy
Chapter 49 Impressions:
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Somber wrote:...
Hmmm... both P-21 and Scotch need to recover and they'll want to stick together now, so one staying behind would most likely result in Mane 4.
Rampage has existential crisis, lost basically everything, on the other hand she said dealing with problems of others makes her forget her own so sticking with BJ might be preferable for her, depends.
Lacunae doesn't have a reason to leave BJ now really, except for possibly LittlePip setting in motion her Goddess destruction plan. My terrible memory prevents me from remembering details of the even from FO:E concerning the alicorns.
Glory is really angry and disappointed with BJ, she was before and didn't leave her entirely but everyone has a cup of patience and hers overflowed... Who knows, Somber of course.
I have no idea, I don't want anyone of them go, least of all Glory or Rampage. Scootaloo
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:25 pm

swicked wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Happy2

You made me start reading that blog.

-It's creepy.
-It's CREEPY.
-It's FUCKING CREEPY.
-I can't stop.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Valikdu wrote:You made me start reading that blog.

-It's creepy.
-It's CREEPY.
-It's FUCKING CREEPY.
-I can't stop.
Tell me about it. Crazy
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:42 pm

My problem with little miss Rarity is that I can't put aside what I think it should be and accept what it is. That, and there are too many twists out of left field. I always think that twists should be telegraphed first, to give readers a chance to go 'what if'. I think that a story with Rarity exploring an SnM life style has huge promise, especially with his art style. But instead it goes off the proverbial deep end. I want it to be a psychosexual story of exploration. It's not. And it probably never will be... sigh...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Dang - I wasn't expecting the next chapter to just come out out of the blue like that. Well, now I'm caught up. I'll post my notes later, though.

Still working on the soundtrack for ch48. Just waiting on some stuff from Mel. I wanna finish that one first before I post the one for 49.

Forums responses:
Somber wrote:I'm going to have to go to Vegas sometime this week or next and find a place to live. Looks like the job prospect up here fell through. Oh well.
...FUCK.

swicked wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Happy2
Swicked PH semi-reading review, now with LMR pictures!
On a slightly related note, there's been a bunch of LMR liveries popping up on Forza 4 lately.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Stillpretty
Also, loved the Boo skit.

Somber wrote:
body, soul, mind:
I'm suddenly reminded of the ancient Greeks' belief in reincaration. If I recall correctly (and it's been years since I've read this), they believed that at death, the body went to the Earth, and the soul and mind split off to the sun and moon respectively. Then some stuff happened (judgement, I think), and the cycle would continue, with the mind and soul returning to the Earth with a new vessel, which depended on the virtues of the individual - their own body again if they were good; something different if not so good.

...I'm sorry...where was I?

Sindri wrote:
I can't. Really, people on the internet are way too quick to scream Mary Sue.
This. So much this.

(stygius)
I never thought Stygius was a Mary Sue. Just a lucky schmuck that happened to get roped into Blackjack and co.'s crazy existence for a temporary period of time.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Formis_Fluttergod wrote:
Valikdu wrote:You made me start reading that blog.

-It's creepy.
-It's CREEPY.
-It's FUCKING CREEPY.
-I can't stop.
Tell me about it. Crazy
MMM...blood....
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 17 Red_Bloodrage_color
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Theta Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Thoughts after reading:
Theta
Theta
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Valikdu wrote:

You made me start reading that blog.

-It's creepy.
-It's CREEPY.
-It's FUCKING CREEPY.
-I can't stop.

And, as curiosity would have it, I checked it out too. Damn, that art style is fantastic. Something about her eyes...
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next