Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
Jeremyrush
Farnham
Kirbuu
Snipehamster
Quotidian
Ki-Tarn
Ametros
Paper Airplane
Mister Nikel
Orm
MrMagma
f1r3w4rr10r
Katarn
RandomBlank
hawkeye92
OneMoreDaySK
Derpmind
tylertoon2
Necr0maNceR
Ketchup
Moodyman90
jacky2734
Elexius
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
CamoBadger
Mobius04
Valikdu
Rboy474
Scyto Harmony
Kippershy
Meleagridis
Aonee
Sindri
RoboRed
Kattlarv
NoodleNugget
Somber
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
45 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri May 25, 2012 6:45 am

Happy (early) Birthday, Somber!
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Tumblr_m4q91b8ixg1r52419o1_500

Heh, yeah my pen's dieing, I'm in trouble.

Last edited by WavemasterRyx on Mon May 28, 2012 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated with finished version of picture.)
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Fri May 25, 2012 7:37 am

NoodleNugget wrote:an interesting ship. though I thought psychoshy more interested in stallions with less skin
not a fan of the choice of words for styggie.
Not really, she's more looking for acceptance and purpose in whatever shape it takes. I'm not saying she has to ship with anyone, but she seems to have become attached to Rampage for the moment -- she let Rampage hug her during "Together Forever", then apparently went and cried on her shoulder for a few hours (for certain values of 'her'... since Officer Softheart appears to have taken over at that point.)

WavemasterRyx wrote:Happy (early) Birthday, Somber!
D'awww! Empress Snack Cake is a generous monarch.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber Fri May 25, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks folks. Unfortunately a really bad tooth has prompted me to take more temp work, so by the time I get home I'm just creatively meh. Something about Stygius though is his cutie mark is a shield. He wants to protect the ones he loves. Psychoshy might be physically capable, but she's emotionally a wreck.

Also, thanks so much for the muffins.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Fri May 25, 2012 10:26 am

SilentCarto wrote:Not really, she's more looking for acceptance and purpose in whatever shape it takes. I'm not saying she has to ship with anyone, but she seems to have become attached to Rampage for the moment -- she let Rampage hug her during "Together Forever", then apparently went and cried on her shoulder for a few hours (for certain values of 'her'... since Officer Softheart appears to have taken over at that point.)

then it looks like she would take more solace with Rampage than with Stygius. Stygius probably won't like her either, most likely from hearing about her from blackjack's stories. probably wont paint her in the most attractive color.
"yeah we had that fight one time and she nearly strangled me, then later on she killed some of my friends while she was running around with her undead wannabe daddy, not to mention i have no doubt that she is going to betray me at some point given the fact that before i left my friends to let them take a break she painted a target around me practically giving away my location to the seekers."
Somber wrote:

Thanks folks. Unfortunately a really bad tooth has prompted me to take more temp work, so by the time I get home I'm just creatively meh. Something about Stygius though is his cutie mark is a shield. He wants to protect the ones he loves. Psychoshy might be physically capable, but she's emotionally a wreck.

Also, thanks so much for the muffins.

probably got it from all those muffins.

Spoiler:

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri May 25, 2012 11:28 am

Hum, have to say today was a bit of a strain. Ran into someone I technically got sexually abused by, if I recall the meaning of the term... talk about... irony? Would that be the term? (since it was basically what I was arguing against/for) Anyhow, I think she accepted my apology, so hopefully I can put that behind me as well.

@Robo: (tears) Hey! What's that supposed to mean? I usually teach ton of... useless, unimportant and irrelevant... stuff... yeah... xD

@O.Hinds: (Styg) That's mostly the part that kerfaffles me. If his culture ain't got shit on sex ed, how can he be so "forward" with flirting? And while I know he'd have had to grab the board to ask "was it good for you to?" it kinda seems like something a virgin would. To at least get confirmation that they did a decent job, if they cared that is.

@Mobi: (Ph sex) I have an urge to slap you with a spatula for some of the statements, but not being sure of the exact terms you meant to use, I will refrain from it. That, and knowing I've misread and forgotten stuff before.

@Somber: (B-day) Can't really offer more than a grats in a few days... well, at least not anything I can offer that'll you'll like/want ^^'

(Psycho being a wreck) I don't see how that would be a problem, at all. Going with some prior things/events.

@Sindri: (Psycho/Styg) ... yeah, should definitely stay away from my work then xD Not that you are there in the first place, but eh xP

@Overall Styg shipping: As long as it's not family, has more than two orifices, and lets him in, he doesn't really seem to mind/ask for more. And I almost felt bad for saying that... (Oh, and as long as they're not directly evil can be added thankfully.)
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri May 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Mobius04 wrote:Is there an conjecture over how life has been for the rest of the party? Think they have had a nice quiet time or the Hoof has been making their life miserable?
Not sure. I speculate that they're still en-route to Chapel (if not there already), they're worried sick about Blackjack, and Glory is giving occasional treatment to P-21 and Scotch.

Of course, things could always go horribly wrong... Crazy

NoodleNugget wrote:dont forget Boo is building her cakefort inside their home
and psychoshy is grumbling at the thought of blackjack

or it's like how I imagined and the seekers followed them home, cornered them, and killed all and strung them up on display for blackjack except for Scotch and Boo(who were hiding)(they kidnap rampage after noticing her regeneration powers)
Crazy

WavemasterRyx wrote:
-I was lieing... I totally freaked out for about half a minute before I got it under control.
*hugs fuzzy Silver Spoon again*
TBH, every "OH SHIT" alarm was going off in my head when I read Random's post that morning. Good to see you're doing alright, though. Twilight Sparkle

Moodyman90 wrote:Non-canon prediction!
While Blackjack was gone Boo turned into a replica of Blackjack, but more mentally stable and well adjusted.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 3576-objection
OBJECTION! It is physically impossible for any form of stable Blackjack to even exist!

NoodleNugget wrote:
@the whole mommy blackjack discussion
I think it would be interesting. mama bear blackjack wouldn't be trying to fight for a place that was just better, she'd fight for a place that was good enough for her child. and everyone knows you don't f*ck with a mama bear.
(so many links)
I'm really torn about the idea. Part of me can't see it happening. On the other hand though, it would be COMPLETELY "D'awwww"-worthy. Maybe it could be an epilogue piece if Blackjack makes it through this whole ordeal in the end...

(Also, damn you for roping me into TVTropes.)

Somber wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:Um, if you don't mind me asking, how's the next chapter coming along?

I'm at page 12 of 2nd of 5 scenes planned. So probably not this weekend. Monday is my Birthday anyway so we'll be doing something, whether I want it or not.
Happy Birthday in advance, Somber! Queen Pinkie Pie

SilentCarto wrote:Thank you to everyone who complimented the scenes I wrote! If you jostle my brain just right, more might fall out sometime...
Rattle rattle.

NoodleNugget wrote:
an interesting ship. though I thought psychoshy more interested in stallions with less skin
not a fan of the choice of words for styggie.

you know what, f*ck it, ship him with everybody, simultaneously. the stud can handle it.
Styggie gets all the mares.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Tumblr_m4kqu5v6Rv1r52419o1_500

D'awww...... Rainbow
(sorry to hear about your pen/tablet/thingus)
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri May 25, 2012 12:28 pm

SQUEEEE-
Ahem.
Somberpony is cutest smartest all around best pony.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Fri May 25, 2012 12:29 pm

Sindri wrote:
SQUEEEE-
Ahem.
Somberpony is cutest smartest all around best pony.
Yes! Happy B-Day somber, spend it doing things you enjoy.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri May 25, 2012 12:46 pm

swicked wrote:
I'm afraid I'd have to opt out of judging this time.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Fri May 25, 2012 12:50 pm

swicked wrote:
Oh, but I remember you saying you enjoyed that story contest a while ago. Should we have another one?
I know! We could hold a contest, and the theme is Somber getting a b-day party, thrown by with the PH cast or the PHCC.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Aonee wrote: I know! We could hold a contest, and the theme is Somber getting a b-day party, thrown by with the PH cast or the PHCC.
Support support support support support
It's either this or we all sign a card or both.

With his buttmark identified as having more to do with protecting others than being tough or literally good with a shield or something, I think it's impossible for him to not try and join the group. I'm jumping to a conclusion by just assuming he's altruistic to a fault, yes... but if I'm in any way right, the only way BJ and co. could get rid of him would be to find an even more messed up band of wasteland wanderers. ...Or he could get himself killed. I'm suddenly very nervous.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri May 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Yep. He'll join the party, join the defenders of Chapel, or get himself killed fighting Steel Rain to protect Blackjack.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri May 25, 2012 2:13 pm

So, I didn't get to post this earlier due to connection, but last night I had a dream involving you Somber.

I don't remember the first half but the second half we were in this human zoo thing, where humans were collected.
You were this frightened tall but skinny guy and you didn't have the confidence to make it alone, so I promised to get you out of there.

Then we transformed into animals and you became a hare while I became a tortoise.
I led you to presumed safety until we got caught by the big bad zoo keeper who turned into a gorilla, who was at the exit I'd planned to use because everyone got the same idea as me.

I called out your name (Somber, not D) and told you to hide behind this bush while I turned back into a human and smacked the fuck out of the gorilla while everyone stared in awe.
I literally just powerhoused the gorilla into the ground and then some. and then someone else from the P.H gang called your name, but I have no clue who it was but I'm going to assume it was Waves.
Anyway, they called your name and helped you up over the security wall, I then proceeded to help them up and over and I don't think I managed to do it myself.

Then the dream ended, but I was happy because I got you out, at least.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Fri May 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Kippershy wrote:So, I didn't get to post this earlier due to connection, but last night I had a dream involving you Somber.

I don't remember the first half but the second half we were in this human zoo thing, where humans were collected.
You were this frightened tall but skinny guy and you didn't have the confidence to make it alone, so I promised to get you out of there.

Then we transformed into animals and you became a hare while I became a tortoise.
I led you to presumed safety until we got caught by the big bad zoo keeper who turned into a gorilla, who was at the exit I'd planned to use because everyone got the same idea as me.

I called out your name (Somber, not D) and told you to hide behind this bush while I turned back into a human and smacked the fuck out of the gorilla while everyone stared in awe.
I literally just powerhoused the gorilla into the ground and then some. and then someone else from the P.H gang called your name, but I have no clue who it was but I'm going to assume it was Waves.
Anyway, they called your name and helped you up over the security wall, I then proceeded to help them up and over and I don't think I managed to do it myself.

Then the dream ended, but I was happy because I got you out, at least.

Best dream ever.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Fri May 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Meleagridis wrote:

With his buttmark identified as having more to do with protecting others than being tough or literally good with a shield or something, I think it's impossible for him to not try and join the group. I'm jumping to a conclusion by just assuming he's altruistic to a fault, yes... but if I'm in any way right, the only way BJ and co. could get rid of him would be to find an even more messed up band of wasteland wanderers. ...Or he could get himself killed. I'm suddenly very nervous.

Great now you have me worried and I was already worried what Glory was gonna do to the Bat Stud. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 4206338362
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Eye Spy
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri May 25, 2012 4:01 pm

NoodleNugget wrote:dont forget Boo is building her cakefort inside their home
and psychoshy is grumbling at the thought of blackjack

cake fort...e?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Fri May 25, 2012 4:31 pm

swicked wrote:Red lobster standing by.
Come in cake fort, over.

Damit now I'm hungry *proceeds on quest to find munchies*
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Fri May 25, 2012 4:38 pm

This is cake fort, we hear you loud and clear red lobster. Go on.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 25, 2012 5:36 pm

@Somber
Happy birthday-in-threeish-days, Somber! And don't worry about the chapter if you've got dental work what needs doing.

@WavemasterRyx
D'aww... I think Somberpony might be more adorable than Boopony in this picture.

@Everypony
Hey guys, Trueblood was totally working on "insecticide talismans" for Goldenblood. (Wasn't too pleased about it, either) So yeah, that's scary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri May 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Some idiot removed "insignificant fanfiction" from the list of the longest novels. And apparently, keeps doing it.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 1751538862
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Fri May 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Valikdu wrote:Some idiot removed "insignificant fanfiction" from the list of the longest novels. And apparently, keeps doing it.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion 1751538862

Then we will put it back. I plan on being alive for the next 50 years or so. We'll see who is the last one standing.

@Somber:
Happy Birthday! *Raises a Glass* Here is to all the good things you have put into the world and to many years of good work to come.

@Stygilious' cutie mark
Hmm. This brings up the question of what act of defending loved ones earned him the cutie mark in the first place. Reading into it, that would imply he has some level of empathy that goes above and beyond that of the standard wastelander. This can be seen in the fact that he took a great deal of fire from the sprite bots to better ensure the well being of BJ. In my experience, Valor like that isn't displayed by people who are selfish and cowardly. It means that Stygious is likely a person who sees value in other people and willing to take selfless action to keep them safe. Perhaps there are scrubs who can fake that, but I personally haven't met them. Given how frequently Valor like that comes hand and hand with compassion and understanding. Say what you will about they guy being clueless, but he has enough heart for me to think well of him.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri May 25, 2012 8:47 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion Tumblr_m4kqu5v6Rv1r52419o1_500

Holy crap that's adorable...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri May 25, 2012 9:19 pm

Hey everyone! First post on Project Horizons here. I've been catching up to current and I'm almost there. I just finished 42. I'm doing my best not to read any posts until I finish 44 sometime this weekend, but I had a comment I wanted to make.

This is kind of a comment for Somber:
I really am enjoying the story, but there was one thing in 42 that I thought could really use some editing work, and that's the entry into the zebra compound. It's just not very clear what's happening, in my opinion, between climbing through the fence and reaching the door.

The biggest problem is the "High Explosive" box. It's mentioned in one line while BJ is looking through her rifle scope, then we have BJ and Bluebell having a long discussion for nearly two pages before it comes up again. They sneak through the fence; we have a description of the raider style decor, and then a bullet pings off a nearby rail (which implied to me that they're still at the fence); and then one line later she's at the explosive box, which by now I'd mostly forgotten about.

I think there first needs to be a paragraph, or at least a few lines, about the move from the fence to where the bomb is; and either in there or right after it, there should be a re-setting of the scene, talking about the piles of glowing ash and the weapon before BJ grabs the strap and walks off with it and attracts the attention of both sides of the fire fight.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Fri May 25, 2012 9:22 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
Welcome to the forums! Glad that you are enjoying PH and looking forward to having you in the discussion.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri May 25, 2012 9:39 pm

FeatherDust wrote:I really am enjoying the story, but there was one thing in 42 that I thought could really use some editing work, and that's the entry into the zebra compound. It's just not very clear what's happening, in my opinion, between climbing through the fence and reaching the door.

The biggest problem is the "High Explosive" box. It's mentioned in one line while BJ is looking through her rifle scope, then we have BJ and Bluebell having a long discussion for nearly two pages before it comes up again. They sneak through the fence; we have a description of the raider style decor, and then a bullet pings off a nearby rail (which implied to me that they're still at the fence); and then one line later she's at the explosive box, which by now I'd mostly forgotten about.

I think there first needs to be a paragraph, or at least a few lines, about the move from the fence to where the bomb is; and either in there or right after it, there should be a re-setting of the scene, talking about the piles of glowing ash and the weapon before BJ grabs the strap and walks off with it and attracts the attention of both sides of the fire fight.
Hm... Sorry, but it looks okay to me, and no one else has complained.

Also, welcome!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri May 25, 2012 11:11 pm

I have this wonderful idea about a short fiction shot of... well I don't wanna spoil it too mcuh, but anyway it would give lfluttershy an old friend back...and I love it! oneshot ish thingy
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Fri May 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Quick question. How many ponies here are familiar with the Ultima series?
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Fri May 25, 2012 11:22 pm

Rboy474 wrote:Quick question. How many ponies here are familiar with the Ultima series?
Vaguely familiar with Ultima 1-8 through the video series done by The Spoony One.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Fri May 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Mobius04 wrote:
Rboy474 wrote:Quick question. How many ponies here are familiar with the Ultima series?
Vaguely familiar with Ultima 1-8 through the video series done by The Spoony One.

Okay so I may have a audience. Now I just have to figure out which ponies fit the bill for the virtues. Any suggestions?
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elexius Fri May 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Twilight
I just saw something that makes me want to gouge out my eyeballs with a spoon made of salt.
Elexius
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Jason "Prince" Aelixeon
Species: Zebracornling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next