Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
RandomBlank
Theta
Formis_Fluttergod
hawkeye92
Ametros
The Holy Tuna
Scyto Harmony
Vergil
iLateralGX
Meleagridis
Katarn
Derpmind
Quotidian
IncoherentOrange
tylertoon2
Valikdu
nebulous
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Custardman
OneMoreDaySK
MrMagma
Cptadder
Somber
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Aonee
Caoimhe
Ketchup
Icy Shake
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
SilentCarto
Rafafidi
Kippershy
Sindri
O. Hinds
45 posters

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vergil Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:45 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:Geez guys I've turned the project horizons thread into a sims 3 lets play.

I am ok with this.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Well um.

Spoiler:

There's been an accident

Spoiler:

NO! KIP YOU CAN'T SCARE FIRE!
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Vergil wrote:
tylertoon2 wrote:Geez guys I've turned the project horizons thread into a sims 3 lets play.

I am ok with this.

I second that notion. It is a fine way to pass the time till Somber blesses us with more Project Horizons.

Edit: Oh shit, FIRE.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:23 pm

I'm literally laughing out lout from reading these updates on The Sims.

Also, it was inevitable that someone would set the place on fire.

Meleagridis wrote:Accounting is gone from the index page... now it's Consequences. I think it's finally time for Blackjack to meet Glory. Though I bet it is far from the worst catastrophe to resurface here.
OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY. Sweetie Belle
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Yes, I definitely miss a lot of interesting things by not being here. Can I hang around with you guys without the one-million-word ticket?

The reason I won't read it is partially because of the subject matter, and another part because A CERTAIN BROTHER OF MINE spoiled a significant portion of the story, such as Blackjack's numerous injuries/mutilations/mutations/augmentations and how she aquired them.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The HouseHold Valiantly Rally around to scream and panic at the fire.

Spoiler:

Fortunately they unleash the element of Teamwork and vanquish their foe.

The Fire Department....
Spoiler:

Fashionably late as always. Rarity

Spoiler:
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Depending on how spoiled you got, it's still enjoyable. I went into the story with at most, BJ's cyberness being spoiled but throughout the journey it was exciting to wonder when that was going to happen. I also had no idea what the 'shocking' part of Black was going to be since the PDF version had the skip notice in the ToC so I was anxious leading up to it.

So ya, read it. :P

Re: Sims progress
That smug fireman, and that sweet robe!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:13 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:Yes, I definitely miss a lot of interesting things by not being here. Can I hang around with you guys without the one-million-word ticket?

The reason I won't read it is partially because of the subject matter, and another part because A CERTAIN BROTHER OF MINE spoiled a significant portion of the story, such as Blackjack's numerous injuries/mutilations/mutations/augmentations and how she aquired them.

I doubt actually reading the material is a requirement to hang out here. It will help in the understanding of about 1% of what we talk about, but that is about it.

I think there are however unspoken rules. Like don't insult others. Pretty general stuff.

Edit: I like how in the second photo my sim is just looking the other way and not even reacting to the fire.

Last edited by iLateralGX on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:14 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:
Fashionably late as always. Rarity

Spoiler:

Smoke weed erryday.

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:30 pm

@Swicked Merely an example, the extent of my knowledge is spotty. (I know many of the analogues, some concepts, details of the magitek, for example) I may read it one of these days. Or three, or seven... Oh, I'd have to read the source, too, wouldn't I? Oh dear, I've got some reading to do.

It's just that I've noticed some interesting conversations here between chapters of the story, and well, I'd like to join in. It'd be nice to make some more aquaintances in you bunch, I know my brother enjoys your virtual company.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:31 pm

@Incoherentorange: who is your brother on here if you don't mind me asking?
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:32 pm

@Erumpet Ketchup504 is my twin brother.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:10 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:@Erumpet Ketchup504 is my twin brother.

Twins!? Big mac

Oh my....
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:12 pm

What a twist. I'm fairly similar to him, a major difference in this context being that I am a fanfic writer. Otherwise, not too much to say.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:19 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:
IncoherentOrange wrote:@Erumpet Ketchup504 is my twin brother.

Twins!? Big mac

Oh my....

I'm a twin as well (identical f/m)! I FORCED my twin brother to read both FoE and PH in help for my research and he apprehensively admitted he liked them (well, parts). Of course that makes me the evil twin. ;)

I sincerely doubt he'll ever post here though. He haaaaaates the fact that the fandom stole me.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:27 pm

@Caoimhe Identical F/M? Wow, never heard of that actually happening. In this case I'd be the more evil one, if only slightly; two of my own fanfics (which you can check out if you want to see a petty, average attempt rather than a piece worthy of recognition) can be classified as grimdark at times, but none so much as this.

As for him? Tell him to stop worrying and love the pony. It doesn't hurt anyone. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 2113965524
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Identical mixed sex is something different actually. I never cared for how the hell they term it, but same relative m/f height, hair/eye colour, certain other features and different parts. I forget the term but it's some sciencey thing that's more identical than fraternal, whatever the hell.

Gonna check out your works and spam copious amounts of links to him like I do with every FoE fic I come across in the hopes I'll pressure him to convert. :D
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Identical mixed sex is something different actually. I never cared for how the hell they term it, but same relative m/f height, hair/eye colour, certain other features and different parts. I forget the term but it's some sciencey thing that's more identical than fraternal, whatever the hell.

Gonna check out your works and spam copious amounts of links to him like I do with every FoE fic I come across in the hopes I'll pressure him to convert. :D

I hope you don't mean of the stories I've mentioned, they're rather contrived and of disliked genres; they wouldn't help you much. One of them is a Warhammer 40000 fanfic that defies canon rather badly (yet still managed to be well-recieved), and the other is a Fallout and Pokémon crossover. Yes, both. It makes sense in context. It's part of a series of stories about a manifestation of myself (commonly known to be the worst form of fanfiction, I don't disagree) entering Equestria and other fictional universes, those mentioned specifically.

I'm rather off-topic, with my shameless plugs, so I'll stop here.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:48 pm

@incoherentorange: I have read one very good self insert fanfic, the genre I'm assuming you are reffering to. It was "Through the Eyes of Another Pony" and it was hilarious but still had a decent plot. For bonus points, Luna was heavily involved.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:50 pm

@Erumpet
Read that as well, through still kind of ambivalent on the remake.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:56 pm

swicked wrote:
Erumpet wrote:@incoherentorange: I have read one very good self insert fanfic, the genre I'm assuming you are reffering to. It was "Through the Eyes of Another Pony" and it was hilarious but still had a decent plot. For bonus points, Luna was heavily involved.
For doubly bonus points, the author shipped himself with Luna.

...I actually didn't like that fic, but it does seem pretty popular.

It was good when he didn't take it seriously at all and just sort of had fun with it. Now the author wants to make it more serious when he doesn't realize that is what made it good in the first place.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:58 pm

@OneMoreDaySK: I'm not sure I know what you mean
@Swicked: ha the bonus points have been doubled! Anyways, if you kept up with the developement process, which I'm not saying you didn't, the author said he wasn't going to be shipping anybody, and especially not himself. Then he claims that the character evolved, and was no longer really a self insert, so he shipped him. I don't know, I thought it was funny. Still, I think it's funny and not overbearing like most self inserts. And fairly well written.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:03 pm

My stories contain hardly any shipping at all. Friendshipping appears far later than is normal for the genre, meaning, the character isn't instantly friends with the canon ones, but an ally to them instead. As for my perception of it being the worst genre? A large number of fics featuring manifestations of the author are just straight-up escapism, and only to the author and not the audience. They wantonly have canon characters fall in love with their character, have them save the day without breaking a sweat, and/or have them do other incredible things. There's little narrative to them.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:05 pm

@tylertoon2:it's more serious, but I still think its funny. I don't know, maybe I am easily amused. And the plot isn't bad, certainly not a masterpiece, but definitely above average and more than sufficient as device to drive the comedy.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Spoiler:

WAT DO?

EDIT: I SAID YES DEAL WITH IT

Last edited by tylertoon2 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:15 pm

@Kattlarv:

IncoherentOrange wrote:Yes, I definitely miss a lot of interesting
things by not being here. Can I hang around with you guys without the
one-million-word ticket?
I would of course encourage you to give
reading the story a chance some time (well, if you don't like the
subject matter, I suppose it can't be helped), but certainly you don't
have to read it to come here if you're just intending to join in on the
non-story related discussions. Of which there are a /lot/. You'll have
to be careful of course once Somber returns to updating though, if you
want to avoid further spoilers in case you do decide to read it at a
later date.
Anyways, welcome. *bows*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:18 pm

@tylertoon2

DO IT, HE MIGHT GROW ANOTHER ARM OR SOME SHIT.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:24 pm

iLateralGX wrote:@tylertoon2

DO IT, HE MIGHT GROW ANOTHER ARM OR SOME SHIT.
Aww only got a performance boost.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:29 pm

@tylertoon2: let's just pretend he grew another arm. Just for kicks and giggles eh.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:32 pm

Erumpet wrote:My most distinct memory of the sims is marrying somebody after meeting them a few hours ago, then building a room with windows but no doors around her and watching her starve.
Mine would probably be the point in the first game when I realized that walls were pointless outside the bathroom, and ended up living in a pile of furniture on the lawn. Awesome room scores, and since I saved so much money on the building it was all top-quality.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next