Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+48
Rboy474
Mech
Caoimhe
Snipehamster
Mister Nikel
Valikdu
Moodyman90
Karasu
Nightshy
NoodleNugget
Salculd
Jeremyrush
Ki-Tarn
jacky2734
Aonee
Vergil
Theta
Stringtheory
Mikas
Scyto Harmony
Rafafidi
Ametros
hawkeye92
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
Somber
CamoBadger
RoboRed
MrMagma
Katarn
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Quotidian
Kippershy
RandomBlank
Sindri
Scootayay
Kattlarv
SilentCarto
Cptadder
FeatherDust
Admiral Stoic Rum
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Ketchup
52 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:17 am

Thanks, Somber! Glad I got the hints! :) Oh my, this is certainly a lot to think about and if anything makes me really look forward to the eventual confrontation regarding the Stygy (sticky;) ) situation and BJ's rationalization.

Also I forgot to mention another obvious thing: Boo. BJ almost treats Boo as an infant and leaves her with mommy2 while she's out kickin' ass. It seems that Blackjack is really attracted to innocence (see also Stygius, sorta).
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:34 am

Cptadder wrote:
It all depends on if Radios were already popular when the wars started which depending on cannon is a big... maybe. However Celestia was already busy doing the thousand and one things so I don't see more than a weekly address and considering the first half of the war was not exactly a big deal. The Royal guard were the only pones engaged and as I've mentioned before my head cannon is that the RG would be in large part hereditary careers as Celestia is likely to trust best people who have been serving her for six generations. She probably knows all their foals birthdays to or would before the war forced the expansion of the Royal Guard beyond it's peacetime thousand pony size.
I will be honest - I just really, really like the image of Celestia's voice coming through an old-fashioned radio going, "Hello, my little ponies..." It seems like something she'd do if she could, I dunno. Might not even be necessary in the early years, since there wasn't much need to reassure the public. Oh well. Maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:57 am

Rafafidi wrote:Ok, there goes my dignity...
I take that back, I don't want to talk about it.
If you really don't want to talk that's fine, but it might help and it's not like we'll judge you. Have you seen some of the posts here? We're about the most tolerant and least judgmental group on the internet.

Or if you'd prefer it not be public, there are PMs and most of us have emails attached to our profiles.

Cptadder wrote:OAN: So anyway in my personal life today...
You what?!

You... tea cozy... forty-three hours... only one spoon... how... eek!
Captain, that's disgusting and I think I might love you for it.

Caiomhe wrote:
Okay, shit just got waay too Freudian in here for me.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Fireside chats with Celestia in the early days of the war: does it work with the canon? Does it make sense?
I like it. And it makes a lot of sense for the first ten years, when she was in charge and keeping everypony calm, trying to keep the fighting interfering in her citizens' everyday lives, etc. Not to mention that there's practically no data from that decade, so there's nothing to contradict, canon-wise.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:12 am

@Somber
*hugs you gently*

Sindri wrote:Nocturnal is living? proof that the daedra are not inherently evil, because she could not possibly be anything other than chaotic neutral.

She's pretty much my favorite demon.
Maybe my character had a date with her while I wasn't paying attention and brought the wrong type of flowers... Yeah, that would make complete sense.

Meleagridis wrote:
Spoiler:
What a terrible day for rain.

Oh who am I kidding... Sweet Luna this had me crying buckets... I mean, crimney Melea... that... that was funny at the start and then just plain heart-wrenching...

O. Hinds wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Kattlarv wrote:@Mech: (Crused) Heh, rather silly+cute... now I just
feel awkward working on this Suit fic... (also, aw... did we loose a few
of the emoticons?)

@Wave: (Fic) Giving in a look-through atm. It's rather messy, but might be done in 1-2 weeks if I actually do shit ^^'
Ah you shouldn't feel awkward about it, more drawings of Xanthe just make it better! 1-2 weeks sounds pretty good, still I wish you luck with it, ma'am.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:44 am

Kattlarv wrote:...it's why I love Eon so much....
Okay, I was kinda intrigued; mention of a game system I hadn't heard of and all. So I looked up Eon. And how did I not know about this game it looks amazing. Now I need a good english translation of all the books and a group to play with.

Why is it so hard to find good english translations of stuff from europe? I can find practically anything from Japan, but the moment I look for a book by somebody who's Polish or Swedish or Finnish there's nothing. When I started to read Andrzej Sapkowski's books, for example, I discovered that they'd been translated into Bulgarian, Czech, Serbian, Swedish, Russian, German, Italian, Lithuanian, French, Portugese, Spanish, and partly Finnish, but they were barely getting around to an english version like fifteen years later.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:47 am

Sindri: my mom usually says "The Iron Curtain still exists, and it works in the same direction it always did."
Yeah, the Eastern Bloc was getting a bunch of stuff from the West. Meanwhile our culture was - and still mostly is completely unknown in the USA. Of course it's not forbidden. It's merely tagged as unmarketable, unfashionable, uninteresting, unprofitable, and not worth attention. Stuff of genuine high quality loses to blockbuster pulp marketed as godsent miracles.
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:10 am

RandomBlank wrote:Sindri: my mom usually says "The Iron Curtain still exists, and it works in the same direction it always did."
Yeah, the Eastern Bloc was getting a bunch of stuff from the West. Meanwhile our culture was - and still mostly is completely unknown in the USA. Of course it's not forbidden. It's merely tagged as unmarketable, unfashionable, uninteresting, unprofitable, and not worth attention. Stuff of genuine high quality loses to blockbuster pulp marketed as godsent miracles.
Yes, because a book that was a best seller and started cults across twelve countries couldn't possibly be acceptable to those stupid americans. At least not until somebody makes a video game out of it, which becomes one of the top rated purely on the basis of its story.

The worse part is that honestly? They're probably right. Most americans don't seem to have any interest in quality literature or art from anywhere but the US or maybe Britain. Music fares a little better, and the recent popularity of anime has at least some of us looking at other parts of the world (though many of them never leave asian material), but it'll be a long while before the majority of the awesome stuff in the world makes it any further west than Portugal.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ki-Tarn Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:13 am

On a side note I found another possible map of Equestra and the rest of the 'world' that can be panned and zoomed.

The Known World

Was done by hlissner for their story Where the World Ends. Have not read it yet so no idea what it actually is about but they put enough into it to come up with a map too so it might be good.

Addition: Apparently it's just starting as there is only a prologue done so far and RL appears to have the author tied up as their post back in March says '3 of 4 scenes done, 12,851 words, almost… done.' The prologue is on their site linked above and on Fimfiction.
Ki-Tarn
Ki-Tarn
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Alistair
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

@Everypony: (BJ) Hum... have to say I really don't know where to put her. I actually can't recall if she prefers to lead or just follow. Does she just usually end up having to lead? I know she tried to take the blame for everything and just get herself hurt, but I really can't recall if she likes to lead, or if she just does so others won't have to. She likes to ask smarter ponies for advice, and... stuff...

Also, unrelated: How much unidentified blood should I be able to find in my bed before I should start being worried about a health problem?

@Cpt: (TLC) Ah, I see. And well, excuse me for partially combining both of those as similar xP But anyhow, as for Pip, she does start and resume with a bad "self esteem" for quite a while. But she does take quite the initiative to go and find Velvet. She has determination, but lacks... whatever it's called. She was rather "Oh... guess we know who'd be wearing the dress in this relation" after she got together with Homage. (also, she took matters into her own hooves, not hands xD) She actually seemed to not know the answer to that question before it was asked. But erf, anyhow. I think I get what you are saying. And I wouldn't agree with that that is a feminine trait. I see that way more often in males. At least the technical approach to it. I wouldn't call BJ dominant, Pip is more dominant when she puts her mind to it. It's like the difference between brave and curious, or something similar. BJ has often been directed by others. I've in several cases seen BJ as more of a "grunt", she is given orders, and she executes them. Being aggressive/forward is not always the same as dominant. I got really bad memory as said, but I recall Pip snapping back at people more than BJ. BJ just resorted to violence in many cases. Many cases BJ has kinda been "um... you are welcome to come with me if you want, but if you don't, that's okay... I mean, I understand if you don't want to..." she often tries to push people away to 1: keep herself out of having to take responsibility if anything were to happen with them. 2: to not have to lead them.

And like said, I could be like, waaaay off here. Both are kinda similar in many ways. Thing is, if I recall it, Pip can handle herself more when alone, she is used to it. BJ was raised to be a drone, she was never good, nor comfortable of being in charge. Pip was just a loner, partially fuelled by sexual frustration/hope. One big turning point for both characters, if I recall right, was when Pip snapped at Velvet for trying to use/abuse Pip's sexuality against her just to get stuff. (which imo, could have been made adorable if my head is allowed to trail off a bit in fantasy xD) And BJ's point was when she almost killed herself, or P-21's attempt, not sure which... in either case BJ have tried to get rid of responsibility several times while Pip is "collecting" it. BJ just takes burdens mostly, suppressing her issues. She isn't dominant, she follows orders and tries to solve stuff. Similar to Pip's Mint-Als addiction, difference being that Pip was forced to stop taking action, BJ was forced to start thinking for herself. BJ hesitates often and folds/gives in quite easily, Pip acts and snaps back at/tries solve things. Both sexually fold like a beach chair though xD But there is also the large difference when it comes to foals for them, BJ had tons of respect for her mom and worries about her eggs a ton, Pip in the other hoof had a worthless mother and does not want to have foals due to how horrible the wastes are. BJ in the other hoof as said has some issues with it, and really wants to have a foal for... whatever reason. Welp, sure I rambled some stuff, but hopefully made sense. I am not always good at doing that.

@Cai: (BJ) Have to pitch in here a bit. And can first state this is why I found the mention of a "big stallion" or whatever it was as the first thing BJ though of when she though of something strong and muscular. All the stallions up until pretty much Deus has been weak and tools. For her, mares were the strong gender, (and if going with our biological thingamajig, as females have a higher pain threshold, she could likely see males as more whimpy) all strong and good people she ever knew was mares (with the exception of Stronghoof, but that was after the stable as said) there's her mom, Rampage, 99, "the stable dweller" and so on. So yeah, like you state, to her, most males are either weak, evil, both or "the obidient/good" type. Like P-21, Styg or Priest. The pretty much only ones she likes are "obedient", "kind" males. Have to be a bit ~eh on the sex with Styg part, since technically yes, she did take his virginity, (technically he more had to "give" his virginity to her as she's super-sub) but like I mentioned back then, it would have been a perfect time for BJ to grow some balls/eggs and take control for once, but like said, she pretty much showed her "dominance" by bending over and doing little more than a sex toy. She has a very odd sexuality imo, especially for being a 99 mare, and how forward she is with sex. (imo,she basically is a Pinkie Pie up till they enter the bedroom, then she goes full on Fluttershy.) Some mentioned she was more or less semi-catatonic or whatever at that time so she didn't have her normal standards or mentally there, but eh... that whole thing was messy imo.

What was a huge flaw in FoE and several parts of PH is that our current worlds societal standards and etc was included and used. I've mentioned this several times before, so another time would be semi-pointless, granted, you might now have heard my PoV though. I can state however, there is no "boyish" ministry mare. Dash was a mare, there is no "boyish" as you speak of. Our gender norms doesn't apply here, especially not in the wastes. As our societal standards are build based on a male dominated society, this is not applicable to Equestria. There's plenty of what we call "tomboys" there, but to them, (FoE time at least) that is the norm. Just to make an example: There is a matriarch tribe on some island, and the gender roles there are reversed. And to them, almost all "girly" stuff are what we consider "manly" and vice versa. Erf, anyhow, wish I could formulate stuff better. Why do other people like Sindri have to translate what I meant to say? xD

@Wave: Thanks. Current complaint on it is that it doesn't seem to know what it wants to be hehe xD

@Sindri: *Pats* Eon (and Mutant) are both amazing games with worlds and systems I really like. Apart from the few "slip ups" (like that technically, you can decapitate a dragon with a shoe if you roll good enough) I really like it, even from the start in character creation, you get a really neat character background. My first character was a dwarf engineer that dual wielded semi-automatic crossbows, and had gotten a rich background story from just the character creation rolls. Second one was a skototrop (shadow mage) pikeman, and she became a ... "lord" I think it the translation (friherre I think the title was) from rolls, was an outcast of the family, which fit with the concept of being a thief :P One of my faves though is "Incendius" pyromancer that is a compulsive liar with the flaws: bad liar, different coloured eyes, witchmark and some other thing. He got 9 in persuasion, and rolls 7 dices against this xD He is however immune to fire and lucky like fuck... did I mention he also has megalomania?
As for Mutant, it is also a great RP imo. It's basically "Fallout" in the setting, but with mutated antrho animals. And the "mages" in the world is basically psionics, beings that evolved mentally during the apocalypse... fff- I want to RP so badly right now xD
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:55 pm

Cptadder wrote:she's like kinda tomboy but then so is every other female in the party with the except of our newest Zebra inductee.
I think most of that comes from them being ponies first, trying to survive in a highly hostile environment. It's not so much "tomboy" as "pragmatic". They just aren't as insistently girly as Velvet. BJ and Rampage are the only ones I'd really peg as tomboys, though Scotch is shaping up in that direction too -- again, as a pragmatic response to losing her mom so early and being forced into the life of a maintenance mare.

In particular, Lacunae doesn't strike me as a tomboy at all. She has a regal sort of air, in my opinion, more matriarchal than motherly... right up until she gets embarrassed.

Somber wrote:BJ's motherly instincts are also conditioning as well. In 99, when your parent died, you had a kid ASAP. It was rarely allowed to be deferred, as in the case of Scotch tape, and so with her mom dead, there is a conditioning impulse that she should have a kid herself, even if her living situation is utterly unsuitable.
That adds an interesting layer to her relationship with Stygilicious. She might not be in a position to have a kid right now, but the idea that she should is still lurking in the back of her head. So she's shopping around for an acceptable stud, whether she realizes it or not.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Fireside chats with Celestia in the early days of the war: does it work with the canon? Does it make sense?
I love this idea! And imagine the impact when she abdicated and Luna didn't continue the broadcasts...

Ki-Tarn wrote:On a side note I found another possible map of Equestra and the rest of the 'world' that can be panned and zoomed.
The Known World
Was done by hlissner for their story Where the World Ends. Have not read it yet so no idea what it actually is about but they put enough into it to come up with a map too so it might be good.
That's my preferred map of Equestria, though it's a little more D&D than Fallout, if you see what I mean.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:14 pm

swicked wrote:I mean, what does anyone else imagine Celestia was doing all that time, if not this sort of empty quasi-figurehead stuff?
I thought FoE established that after Littlehorn and her abdication she was a virtual recluse, administering her school and nothing more.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 pm

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/36340/FoE%3A-Gorgon%27s-Wrestling-Radroaches!
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:44 pm

swicked wrote:I'm trying to figure out the ponies in Rampage. Can anyone help real quick?
Original description of Rampage's cutie mark:
So what was the meaning of a cutie mark of a teddy bear having its rotting guts torn out by barbs of rusting metal sprouting from candy while it itself ripped at a distorted a zebra glyph of a skull while fleshy tendrils pulled and shredded at the normally smooth lines and black lightning struck and shattered wineglasses while in the background swirled a spiral like a whirlpool? Yes, it actually moved. As I watched, the barbs of rust melted into chains while the teddy bear pulled its guts back in and screaming pony faces bubbled to the surface.

Teddy bear = cop whatshername. Strong-something? Pretty sure it was her...
rusty barbed wire / chains = Razorwire (?)
candy = Twist
zebra skull glyph = Shujaa
fleshy tendrils = ?? Doctor octopus?
black lightning = ??? Angel of Death, whatshername?
wineglasses = ???? Or is it this that is the angel?

Snips' account is:
The first was a prisoner who would have been executed anyway, certainly given a life sentence. The warden’s guards had her killed. We had it put inside another mare, but she committed suicide. The third survived a bullet to the head, again fired by a guard, but died soon after. Then it was put into a doctor who seemed just fine till he died in a sky carriage accident. Each time the talisman became stronger, but it still wasn’t able to keep a pony alive!”
AKA Angel --> Strongheart --> Razorwire --> Doctor --> Shujaa --> Twist
So... is Snips lying about how many ponies went into it? And didn't we originally think there was at least one foal in there, which was why Rampage comes back from disintegration as a filly?
I think the cop was Softheart. The Angel was a skull, I think Shujaa was a spirally thing? Dunno about the wineglasses.

Anyway, Snips' account seems fine for Angel through Octopus, and never says that there wasn't anybody else between the Doctor and Shujaa.

Last edited by Sindri on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:48 pm

RandomBlank wrote:http://www.fimfiction.net/story/36340/FoE%3A-Gorgon%27s-Wrestling-Radroaches!

Derpy Hooves wat
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:58 pm

RandomBlank wrote:http://www.fimfiction.net/story/36340/FoE%3A-Gorgon%27s-Wrestling-Radroaches!
This right here is flippin' hilarious; thanks for linking it, Random, and well done, Mel!

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Someone should really update that wiki with details like other ponies in Rampage. A lot of the PH stuff doesn't seem current.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:13 pm

That was absolutely silly and I love it! The roaches need to meet Cerberus and do a team up!
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Well things seem to have quieted down so I figure now is a great time for me to drop a post with errors/typos/clarifications that I've picked up while rereading PH and all the interesting things that I've encountered for conspiracy theory ammo.

Apologies if any of the things I've pointed out are in a different chapter that I had marked. I was a little engrossed in reading and often wondered how I was three chapters further than when I last checked.

Spoiler:

And here are the things that I found interesting. Conspiracy Theory ammunition and plain old fangeeking.

Spoiler:

Apologies for any mistakes. A lot of this was compiled at ungodly hours of the night.

[EDIT]: Wow Cloudsville does not like MS Word formatting.
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Mikas wrote:“Hello, good sir! And how are you on this most splendid of days, Director?”...
Okay, knowing what we know now, it's most likely that the Director is Horse and "He" is Goldenblood. Slightly less likely is the reverse of that. I don't see any other possibilities.

I think the moving building was the tank. Massive, blocky shape lumbering through the remains of the city?
It's pretty much confirmed that Goldy had a lost tome of ancient dark zebra magics. Possibly a copy of the Black Book, more likely just another product of the same culture, capable of providing some of the same knowledge. Hoofington is built on zebra ruins, after all.
The first five megaspell chambers fired as intended, six was the incineration spell that got cut off mid-launch by the shield going up and fried the facility, seven was the come to life spell that's been draining into the surrounding area for two hundred years and wasted 95% of its charge, and eight is fully powered, ready to fire, and completely unknown.
And yes, Project Horizons was Goldenblood's ultimate backup plan, will go off if EC-1101 is destroyed, and is bad enough to seriously worry Sanguine.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Mikas wrote:Well things seem to have quieted down so I figure now is a great time for me to drop a post with errors/typos/clarifications that I've picked up while rereading PH and all the interesting things that I've encountered for conspiracy theory ammo.

Apologies if any of the things I've pointed out are in a different chapter that I had marked. I was a little engrossed in reading and often wondered how I was three chapters further than when I last checked.

Spoiler:

And here are the things that I found interesting. Conspiracy Theory ammunition and plain old fangeeking.

Spoiler:

Apologies for any mistakes. A lot of this was compiled at ungodly hours of the night.

Ah, thank you.
The "glanced at" issue was in 27 and the "spine" issue in 28, but the others seemed to be in their proper places.
I think that "kissing" was what was intended, actually.
What's wrong with "keeping going"?
"Hangers on" is an expression meaning something like "followers/cronies/entourage".
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:21 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Mikas wrote:Well things seem to have quieted down so I figure now is a great time for me to drop a post with errors/typos/clarifications that I've picked up while rereading PH and all the interesting things that I've encountered for conspiracy theory ammo.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ah, thank you.
The "glanced at" issue was in 27 and the "spine" issue in 28, but the others seemed to be in their proper places.
"Hangers on" is an expression meaning something like "followers/cronies/entourage".

Hmm you're right about the kissing one. Needed to look at it for 14th time.
Thanks for clarifying the "hangers on." Never encountered that kind of definition before.
I can't quite put a finger on why the "keeping going" bugs me. Rambling in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

I am once more frustrated with my laziness in regards to English. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 1751538862
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:56 am

Mikas wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ah, thank you.

Hmm you're right about the kissing one. Needed to look at it for 14th time.
Thanks for clarifying the "hangers on." Never encountered that kind of definition before.
I can't quite put a finger on why the "keeping going" bugs me. Rambling in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

I am once more frustrated with my laziness in regards to English. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 1751538862

I can't look up the exact context of that "hangers on" at the moment but from the text segment posted, "his hangers on" seems a more appropriate way to word it.

Also the "keeping going" refers to Glory's ability to "keep going." Blackjack's phrasing is part of her lazy colloquial English. It's sort of an aloof cute phrasing.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:01 am

swicked wrote:
In 21 Blackjack describes Rampage's cutie mark as swirling into "that strange zebra glyph". I'm really curious what the glyph looks like, since it was originally described as being a glyph of a skull, but now it's not or something...

"So what was the meaning of a cutie mark of a teddy bear having its rotting guts torn out by barbs of rusting metal sprouting from candy while the bear itself ripped at a distorted a zebra glyph of a skull while fleshy tendrils pulled and shredded at the normally smooth lines and black lightning struck and shattered wineglasses while in the background swirled a spiral like a whirlpool?"

While the bear itself ripped at a distorted a zebra glyph of a skull...
Actually, I think there are some grammar issues to clear up there.

I took that phrasing to mean all the marks are changing in rapid succession and are just sort of blurring into each other during their phasing. It's one of the first times BJ sees it and she's never seen one in motion so she's trying to mentally justify all the marks being one.

I might also be wrong but the Zebra glyphs are sort of like tribal tattoos instead of specific identifiable objects, no?

Also I'd like to request sketches of Blackjack slobbering on P-21. Can't believe this hasn't been done before. :P
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:49 am

Oh my, not what I meant but still. :P
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Ah, I meant one of the multiple occasions of her licking P-21's face as she's prone to do.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:38 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 908227573 wat

That was my first reaction too.
Then I read it and went [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 1639762117 That's actually much better than I expected! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 459784477
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:58 pm

swicked wrote:
Caiomhe wrote:Ah, I meant one of the multiple occasions of her licking P-21's face as she's prone to do.
Oooooh. I read what you posted as "sobbering". I missed the L, somehow, I guess.
I don't actually remember Blackjack licking P-21's face ever...

I remember three cases of her licking his face with the most distinct being when she came back from seeing Gardens of Equestria.
Chapter 25
Then I turned my head and licked him from jaw to ear in one long wet slurp.
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:00 pm

@Caiomhe: (PH wiki) To completely topic jump as usual from my previous reply to you (like we normally do here xD). From what I know, about 30-50 % of the PH wiki was removed due to either being "just speculations" or "technically irrelevant to the story as a whole". I know at last stuff like "canon conflicts" and some "guesses" on some characters was removed.
(Zebra cutie marks) They have cutie marks that are basically tribal tattoos to my knowledge. Basically it's their symbol of the thing they are good at.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Sindri wrote:Okay, knowing what we know now, it's most likely that the Director is Horse and "He" is Goldenblood. Slightly less likely is the reverse of that. I don't see any other possibilities.
First, the voice on the other end never actually identifies itself. So for all we know, it's adopted the identity of "The Director" solely for Sanguine's benefit. It could be literally anyone or anything.

Second, just because this person is the Director now doesn't mean they were when the bombs fell. Maybe Garnet shot Horse five minutes after the Redoubt closed. Maybe he died a natural death and the Director is his great-to-the-Nth grandchild. Maybe it's Sweetie Bot with Horse's mental engrams installed. Horse and Goldenblood are far from the only possibilities, even if we just assume that this entity really is the legitimate Director of the OIA.

Sindri wrote:I think the moving building was the tank. Massive, blocky shape lumbering through the remains of the city?
Extremely unlikely. The tank is nowhere near big enough to look like "the dark outline of a large building" beyond the row of houses across the street. It might be said to be the size of a house, but not a large building towering over houses.

Anyway, there's no way a battle tank is the starspawn that "came and ate Reaper and Highlander alike." Neither Reapers nor Highlanders are ignorant savages. If it was a mere combat vehicle, they would understand that very quickly. Something more fearsome than a battle tank exists in the Hoof, and there's no reason to think that wasn't it.

swicked wrote:In 21 Blackjack describes Rampage's cutie mark as swirling into "that strange zebra glyph". I'm really curious what the glyph looks like, since it was originally described as being a glyph of a skull, but now it's not or something...
Yeah, when her cutie mark was being all mixed up, it was a zebra glyph (Shujaa) shaped like a skull (Candy). Shujaa's mark isn't ever described, to my knowledge. After the museum, Blackjack wonders what it looks like under her armor at that moment, but never finds out. Her freak-out at Flotsam may need some editing attention to actually describe the glyph, if we're not just missing something.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:53 pm

O. Hinds wrote:"Hangers on" is an expression meaning something like "followers/cronies/entourage".
It should be hyphenated, though. Hangers-on.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next