Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+48
Rboy474
Mech
Caoimhe
Snipehamster
Mister Nikel
Valikdu
Moodyman90
Karasu
Nightshy
NoodleNugget
Salculd
Jeremyrush
Ki-Tarn
jacky2734
Aonee
Vergil
Theta
Stringtheory
Mikas
Scyto Harmony
Rafafidi
Ametros
hawkeye92
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
Somber
CamoBadger
RoboRed
MrMagma
Katarn
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Quotidian
Kippershy
RandomBlank
Sindri
Scootayay
Kattlarv
SilentCarto
Cptadder
FeatherDust
Admiral Stoic Rum
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Ketchup
52 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Katarn Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:08 am

@Fallout gameplay

My usual gameplay is maxing guns and sticking to CR (or This Machine in late game) + powerful revolver (Ranger Sequoia, Mysterious Magnum, etc. Or saw-off shotgun). I'm not sneaky type, so I just 'acquire' NCR Elite Ranger Armor (either Mister Sandman or key to NCR hideout) or Riot Gear from Lonesome road. And then just killing every enemy in my sight. Also, I have tradition, already, wiping out Legion troops at Nipton. When you're 4+/- lvl and after you are group of Legion assassins..it makes game more...challenged, I think.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:11 am

Katarn wrote:Also, I have tradition, already, wiping out Legion troops at Nipton. When you're 4+/- lvl and after you are group of Legion assassins..it makes game more...challenged, I think.
I tried to play the Legion side once. But then I realized that I'd killed everyone in Nipton. It's just a reflex, kinda. You torture to death an entire settlement and try to justify it to me by some of them being maybe corrupt, I empty my revolver into you and your minions' heads.

Their assassins certainly do make things more fun while travelling though! Applebloom
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:59 am

Sindri wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:@(Fallout gameplay strategy)
- Usually my gameplay consists of sneaking into a place, and getting ready to line up my shot on an enemy right as they turn around and notice me, alerting the whole base to my presence.
I'm about as lucky as Xanthe...
Clearly you've done something to piss off Nocturnal.
Um... one of my D&D characters is a God of shadow and [redacted]

You think that would upset her?
That would really explain a lot...
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:38 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Sindri wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:@(Fallout gameplay strategy)
- Usually my gameplay consists of sneaking into a place, and getting ready to line up my shot on an enemy right as they turn around and notice me, alerting the whole base to my presence.
I'm about as lucky as Xanthe...
Clearly you've done something to piss off Nocturnal.
Um... one of my D&D characters is a God of shadow and [redacted]

You think that would upset her?
That would really explain a lot...
I honestly have no idea. I don't think anybody does. One moment she sends an entire guild into a multi-year spiral of misfortune because somebody took her skeleton key, the next she tosses it at a random adventurer for the lulz. If you do what she wants the shadows themselves will reach out to hide you from foes and wealth will practically leap into your pockets, if you do what she doesn't want every mark will just happen to spot you at the worst possible time, and gods help you trying to figure out which is which. Nocturnal is living? proof that the daedra are not inherently evil, because she could not possibly be anything other than chaotic neutral.

She's pretty much my favorite demon Sleepy .
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:56 am

swicked wrote:
I don't remember LittlePip ever force crushing anyone. I don't think that's how it works. They just grab a thing, wrapping it in their magic (I believe that's how FoE described it), then move the thing.

The raider's balls at Fillydelphia when she was a slave?
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:Gah, quit it you fiend! Stop making me have feelings for that bucket of bolts!

Spoiler:
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:57 am

Meleagridis wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:Gah, quit it you fiend! Stop making me have feelings for that bucket of bolts!

Spoiler:
I am both sad and only just now not laughing hard enough that I have to look away from the page to take breathing breaks.

Spoiler:
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:11 pm

Meleagridis wrote:“Well I couldn’t help but notice that I’m a complex machine interface developed for the war, you’re a complex machine interface developed for the war, so let’s interface mechanically in a complex way. No…”
“Nice recharging panel. When does it open?
I’m programmed to take down rogue zebra technology if you know what I mean.”
"You must be a stealth suit, because I can't see you going home alone tonight."

"Would you happen to be a laptop?"

"I'm an official Zebra Technology Source Code Inspector."

"You would look great on the floor beside my recharging station."

"Are you a filthy stripe saboteur? Because you're the bomb!"

"Do you have any Equestrian technology in you? Would you like to?"

"You can put a trojan on my hard drive whenever you want."

"Excuse me, I seem to have lost my network identifier code. May I have yours?"

"Do you have an EMP function? Because you're stunning me!"

"I'm afraid your stealth field is out of order. I can't keep my eyes off you."

"If looks could kill, the filthy stripes wouldn't have needed balefire."

"Did you recharge my power cells? Because I'm suddenly turned on!"
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:29 pm

My tactic for fallout 3:

Usually the hunting rifle was my best friend. the common ammo for it meant that it could be spammed quite happily - the weapon condition didn't go down like a bitch like with the sniper rifles, the damage was decent, the accuracy was impeccable and even at close range it handled well.

The combat shotgun was my secondary - it handled anything close range with amazing power - one shot to the head often managed to decapitate any enemy, even towards the end of the game with the super mutants - though this was helped by the fact I'm a quite stealthy character.

I don't sneak everywhere OR every time when in combat, but when in tighter situations when I could use corners to my advantage, I felt no need to be shy about sneaking around and blowing someone's head off to start it all off.

Once the fight starts though, I fuck people up like Blackjack does on a bad day.
I just run in, jump up towards then, hit S.A.T.S and fuck up their day.

...though, I do have one other play-style.

...big guns - specifically, 'Brick'.
Choose brick from the rangers, complete The Pitt, use the ammo press to make 10,000 rounds of 5mm ammo.
Sell all small guns I find, keeping the ammo for previous point.

I ended up with 100,000 caps one game without even trying too hard before I'd decided it was no fun, as I'd completely cleared out every part of the map and the only enemies that were around were ones that kept spawning.
(which means, no muties at the mall - my favourite target!)

I change my style up every so often, but stealth plays an integral part in my games purely for first strike capabilities - very rarely do I actually snipe every enemy one by one while sneaking the whole time.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:10 pm

@Silent: (PH-Girly things) What? PH is totally girly xD It has several "girly" parts in it hehe ;P

@Everypony new: Welcome, and stay outa my threads if you want to avoid overly NSFW, TMI or mindfucks hehe. This at least applies to things I put under spoiler.

@Mech: (Crused) Heh, rather silly+cute... now I just feel awkward working on this Suit fic... (also, aw... did we loose a few of the emoticons?)

@Everypony: Just quick question, did my last message pop up here? (page 20 somewhere) Did a quick edit of it without entering a reason. Just asking in case, since I got no idea if that does anything on this site. I recall this one site that hid messages that were done like that.

(BJ vs Pip) All depends on when and where tbh. About only the "Death Battle" guys might delve into it deep enough to figure it out xD And I'm not exactly sure if FoE follows Fo logic, or writer logic. Since game wise, BJ can show a few grenades up her ass and survive the explosions. Story wise, she can't. A direct headshot from a sniper would kill her. She's stated several times her helmet has saved her. And she was close to death... thrice I think from one. None of these were from a magically augmented sniper rifle. (Also, short on Arbu: She crushed them (if any) by hurling them hard at walls, or with objects. I can't recall any time she actually "crushed" anything. Plus, she can only fuck shit up that badly since she somehow (perk stated) is close to Celestia tier... which I personally just find retarded, since it means she can lift xxxxxxxxxxx tons as Celestia can lift/raise the sun. Twi can lift as least 10-1000 tons (brain is derp right now, but she lift a watertower with at least ~100-1000 litres of water, plus a celestial bear... dunno the weight of that, but still.) and Pip is stated as "way past that". Which was kinda shown at the devil dog scene. Basically, she could effortlessly do that with BJ, just as easily BJ can magic bullet Pip, ASSUMING both have access to their horn. BJ's magic bullets run out way faster than Pip's TK.

@Random: (Balls) she didn't crush those, she grabbed them and pulled/tugged them taught, or just grasped. Crushing might be more "effective", but pulling it far enough and it starts to... do stuff... at least from what I recall. Maybe she pressed with her magic. Erf, anyhow, I've already mentioned before why I both like and hate that scene.

@Swicked: (Crotch shots) I think it was due to the same reason children are immortal: It's not "nice" or "tasteful" to do either of those. But yeah, I found it really neat it could be targeted in 1, 2 and tactics. Since hey! The area exists. Heck, it's why I love Eon so much. Kinda funny though, with very lucky rolls, you can throw a pinecone or something on a male or female character, and with the right amount of damage and location on the damage table, you can successfully make them infertile xP

@Wave: (Fic) Giving in a look-through atm. It's rather messy, but might be done in 1-2 weeks if I actually do shit ^^'
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:14 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:“Well I couldn’t help but notice that I’m a complex machine interface developed for the war, you’re a complex machine interface developed for the war, so let’s interface mechanically in a complex way. No…”
“Nice recharging panel. When does it open?
I’m programmed to take down rogue zebra technology if you know what I mean.”
"You must be a stealth suit, because I can't see you going home alone tonight."

"Would you happen to be a laptop?"

"I'm an official Zebra Technology Source Code Inspector."

"You would look great on the floor beside my recharging station."

"Are you a filthy stripe saboteur? Because you're the bomb!"

"Do you have any Equestrian technology in you? Would you like to?"

"You can put a trojan on my hard drive whenever you want."

"Excuse me, I seem to have lost my network identifier code. May I have yours?"

"Do you have an EMP function? Because you're stunning me!"

"I'm afraid your stealth field is out of order. I can't keep my eyes off you."

"If looks could kill, the filthy stripes wouldn't have needed balefire."

"Did you recharge my power cells? Because I'm suddenly turned on!"
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 22 C4364f26
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Just for the record; I have completed Vegas numerous times, but don't really have a single playstyle.
I try to change it up every time.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafafidi Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Shit happened today and I need to talk about it to some random/crazy people that I will never meet. Should I say it here or create a new thread?
Rafafidi
Rafafidi
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:27 pm

As you wish. Though, if you want post it here, hide it under spoiler.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafafidi Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Ok, there goes my dignity...
I take that back, I don't want to talk about it.

Last edited by Rafafidi on Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rafafidi
Rafafidi
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Spoiler:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:37 pm

@Swicked: Yeah, but if you compare the directors of the games, they really had different things in mind... and as said, violence is awesome according to USA, but sex is like, omfg. And I guess hitting sexual organs was too sexual or something. But yeah, personally hate the "over-violence" in Fo3. Noticed a kinda silly thing in Fo1, 2 and T (if I recall right) males could blow up by explosives in 2 ways, chunks and half if I recall right. Females could just blow a leg off oddly enough. But anyhow, yeah, I found the flavour "yells" to be amusing hehe. "My balls! Oh god my balls!" or one of my faves: "My cunt! You fucking cunt!"

@Rafa: We can generally "rant/complain/discuss/talk" about irl here as long as we make a spoiler, usually with a mention what is behind said spoiler. It's become a general rule to know to avoid mine if weak of heart though xD

As for the content of the spoiler: I suck at giving advice, but some others here are quite good at it.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Rafa here's how you do it.

So anyway Blackjack, she's never struck me as a girly mare, she's like kinda tomboy but then so is every other female in the party with the except of our newest Zebra inductee. Some in FoE is that Velvet was always gloriously girly and feminine while Littlepip is only when she's dragged into it... except Littlepip is submissive in TLC situations while Blackjack is dominate. Anyone else notice this about our female crew of Blackjack, Glory, Rampage, and Scotch is a little young.

Okay Rafa notice how I brought up some interesting PH relevant discussion bit that could generate a page of discussion.... And now I strike....

OAN: So anyway in my personal life today [Insert off-topic rant here]
Since I don't have anything interesting in an off topic sense to post feel free to invent your own juicy events of what happened in my life recently and condemn/praise as appropriate.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:11 pm

Cptadder wrote:
OAN: So anyway in my personal life today [Insert off-topic rant here]
Since I don't have anything interesting in an off topic sense to post feel free to invent your own juicy events of what happened in my life recently and condemn/praise as appropriate.

No way. You did what? With what!? And then you...along with...in the...but then you...why would...no how could...No you can't be serious...No no no...how can something so...be so...and yet be...I just...

My hat's off to you, good sir. May your soul rest well in...

Wait. AND YOU GOT AWAY WITH IT!?

There's nothing left to say. I salute you, you glorious bastard.

((I read that and just laughed evilly for a good minute. I assumed in this case that you did something so over the top that it could only be met with slow clapping, praise, and a fine cocktail of awe and disappointment))

[EDIT]: @Rafadidi: I in no way intend this to be insulting or abrasive to what you have gone through. I simply saw an opening in which to take CptAdder's statement and run away with it on a humorous bent. I hope that you do think that I am mocking you or your situation.

Just felt like I had to get that out there before something went terribly wrong.
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Cptadder wrote:
And is this a particularly bad thing to do?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Breaking Bad (the best show currently on TV) starts again on Sunday so I've been re-watching it and it is interesting to see how similar how both the protagonists of BB and PH evolve somewhat similarly. I don't want to spoiler it but lets just say there's a similar divergence at some point, although Blackjack goes a polar opposite route.

Also there's the whole cancer thing.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:53 pm

@Cpt: Like we went through before: Technically, there are no "tomboys" in FoE. It's how we'd describe them though in reference to our world. But anyhow, what exactly do you mean with "TLC situation?" If you mean "18+" then you are thoroughly mistaken. Blackjack is sub like a marine. (bad attempt at word pun) But yeah, she folds under about anyone. At most she could be classed as as "dominant sub", but she barely does anything. I think I analysed her a while back,and at most she's a switch between sub and dominant sub.

On a side note: I accidentally seemed to have mindfucked some children about anatomy by planning my route home badly. But yeah... anyone played heroes 6? Kinda meh about that they stopped following the plot of 1-4 (did 1-2 even have one btw?) and I dunno about 5, but 6 seems to just start a enteirly new one, cept that Lord Haart and Moandor is still there... or something, I dunno really, it's messy. I do however LOVE that necropolis are the good guys. It gave me a girl-boner... for totally rational reasons I mean.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:07 pm

"Dominant sub" is apt because her abrasive outspoken attitude is overcompensation for power she lacks. She needs everyone to know what's on her mind (in some sense) so she can rationalize things to herself. This is evident how she goes much crazier when alone because she depends on others for her own self esteem. If the Dealer was actually her subconscious there'd be much more things to say about it, too (I was kinda hoping that was indeed the case).

I've also always made note early on how foals/children play a much larger part in this story. Parts of it are obvious that BJ feels a need to be put in a motherly role and when she fails at being a parental figure it hits her much harder. I wish I could go into this more at the moment but I have so much writing to do. :X
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Mikas wrote:

Of course I got away with it!

ketchup504 wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
It's illegal in eleven states, because of statue of limitations I won't mention which state I committed that particular act in.

Kattlarv wrote:@Cpt: Like we went through before: Technically, there are no "tomboys" in FoE. It's how we'd describe them though in reference to our world. But anyhow, what exactly do you mean with "TLC situation?" If you mean "18+" then you are thoroughly mistaken. Blackjack is sub like a marine. (bad attempt at word pun) But yeah, she folds under about anyone. At most she could be classed as as "dominant sub", but she barely does anything. I think I analysed her a while back,and at most she's a switch between sub and dominant sub.
Tender Love and Care, not sex is what I was referencing Kattlarv, so for example when Littlepip is hugged she relaxes into it, she rarely takes the lead in any sort of relationship when it comes to intimacy, even the friendly kind of intimacy. For example if a random stranger came into a room and hugged you must people would be put off by that. But if a friend you had not seen in a few months came in and hugged you then most people would hug back with the odd introvert standing there and taking it. Until much later in FoE Littlepip is very much hands off, she won't start any show of affection at all and when one starts she's submissive to it. In fact aside from one incident with Velvet after she rejoins the party after the Enclave shows up I don't think she ever initiates contact with anyone. I could be wrong and there are one or two more examples but it's the impression I got in FoE was that Littlepip was the submissive type and that is considered by society at large a feminine trait. I wanted to compare that to Blackjack who lets be blunt is an over-eager puppy and constantly licking people's faces when she see's them again. Blackjack is a dominate, Littlepip submissive (Except when Littlepip is actively committing multiple acts of self defense)

Caiomhe wrote:"Dominant sub" is apt because her abrasive outspoken attitude is overcompensation for power she lacks. She needs everyone to know what's on her mind (in some sense) so she can rationalize things to herself. This is evident how she goes much crazier when alone because she depends on others for her own self esteem. If the Dealer was actually her subconscious there'd be much more things to say about it, too (I was kinda hoping that was indeed the case).
A valid point, solitary Blackjack is extra crazy Blackjack Twilight crazy

Caiomhe wrote:
I've also always made note early on how foals/children play a much larger part in this story. Parts of it are obvious that BJ feels a need to be put in a motherly role and when she fails at being a parental figure it hits her much harder. I wish I could go into this more at the moment but I have so much writing to do. :X
When you get a chance I'd be interested to here this little bit of psychoanalysis on her mothering instincts.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:32 pm

It's a lot to go into but there seems to be a TON of mommy issues in the story. From the concept of 99's lack of real family, the way BJ's huge respect for her mom but the Overmare being usurping that role, BJ's relationship with foals in general, the whole shebang with BJ being a descendant of a ministry mare (complete with her hesitation/disappointment), how BJ specifically mentions wanting a kid several times in life threatening situations, her motherly admiration of Bottlecap, the way she tries to bring Littlepip out of her hole (sorta, she does call her 'kid' a lot, more so than just friendly banter in my opinion), her first accidental death being a foal and always going back to it as her corruption of innocence, her relationship with Scotch Tape, the fact that she finds the most pony part of her to be her reproductive system and yet she has a contraceptive implant, "I'd probably need an oil change before my next period," her entire matriarchal heritage being on her weapon.

Yeah, there's a lot when you think about it. Maybe it's just me being a girl. :) I'll probably try and do something more in depth in the future as to how all this relates to one another.

Edit: Actually for a bit there I was thinking of the story as a parallel for phases of guilt and regret triggered by having an abortion but that kinda fell apart.

Edit2: Consider this (debatable and unlikely) theory as well: Blackjack hates males 100% and she considers them to be evil or weak. Most of the male characters want to kill Blackjack (understandable in their roles) or rape her or both. Sanguine however at first is 100% evil but then is revealed as weak and selfish. His family is used to show his guilt and instability. BJ also asserts her hatred of men by subtly taking ownership of Glory from her father by butting in on their conversation. Goldenblood is the ultimate big bad in a way but outside of Blackjack's subconscious of "all men are evil" which confuses her because deep down she believes there is no way for a man to be good. Styggy is BJ using her new found confidence of conquering patriarchy (Sanguine) to demonstrate her dominance over the male gender by taking his virginity (the sex scene being the most explicit in the story shows how much joy BJ has in corrupting a naive male figure). Oh and P-21? He's a girl to her, weak in his own way. The Dealer then is a (formerly close) male parental figure, he is depicted as old because she sees the male gender as inadequate to her (perhaps he is unavoidable distant past voice of her father). He constantly tries to get Blackjack to give up on her crusade against men because some are actually good, his reveal to be Goldenblood's assistant is a ruse to exacerbate this.

And the current threat to BJ? A giant radioactive penis with semen that destroyed part of her new nearly unstoppable body. And she's pissed due to her girlfriend being turned into the most boyish ministry mare.

I don't actually believe this but it's fun to think about. :)

Last edited by Caiomhe on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:07 pm

[quote="Cptadder"]
Mikas wrote:
I wanted to compare that to Blackjack who lets be blunt is an over-eager puppy and constantly licking people's faces when she see's them again. Blackjack is a dominate, Littlepip submissive (Except when Littlepip is actively committing multiple acts of self defense)

Somber needs to quite literally write this into the story.

-Blackjack is reunited with Glory-
-Throws herself at her with all her might and floors her in one go, then proceeds to lick her face before kissing her-
-Glory blushes and allows for some, before then smashing Blackjack around the face quite hard for doing what she did-
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:58 pm

Caiomhe wrote:It's a lot to go into but there seems to be a TON of mommy issues in the story. From the concept of 99's lack of real family, the way BJ's huge respect for her mom but the Overmare being usurping that role, BJ's relationship with foals in general, the whole shebang with BJ being a descendant of a ministry mare (complete with her hesitation/disappointment), how BJ specifically mentions wanting a kid several times in life threatening situations, her motherly admiration of Bottlecap, the way she tries to bring Littlepip out of her hole (sorta, she does call her 'kid' a lot, more so than just friendly banter in my opinion), her first accidental death being a foal and always going back to it as her corruption of innocence, her relationship with Scotch Tape, the fact that she finds the most pony part of her to be her reproductive system and yet she has a contraceptive implant, "I'd probably need an oil change before my next period," her entire matriarchal heritage being on her weapon.

Yeah, there's a lot when you think about it. Maybe it's just me being a girl. :) I'll probably try and do something more in depth in the future as to how all this relates to one another.

Edit: Actually for a bit there I was thinking of the story as a parallel for phases of guilt and regret triggered by having an abortion but that kinda fell apart.

Edit2: Consider this (debatable and unlikely) theory as well: Blackjack hates males 100% and she considers them to be evil or weak. Most of the male characters want to kill Blackjack (understandable in their roles) or rape her or both. Sanguine however at first is 100% evil but then is revealed as weak and selfish. His family is used to show his guilt and instability. BJ also asserts her hatred of men by subtly taking ownership of Glory from her father by butting in on their conversation. Goldenblood is the ultimate big bad in a way but outside of Blackjack's subconscious of "all men are evil" which confuses her because deep down she believes there is no way for a man to be good. Styggy is BJ using her new found confidence of conquering patriarchy (Sanguine) to demonstrate her dominance over the male gender by taking his virginity (the sex scene being the most explicit in the story shows how much joy BJ has in corrupting a naive male figure). Oh and P-21? He's a girl to her, weak in his own way. The Dealer then is a (formerly close) male parental figure, he is depicted as old because she sees the male gender as inadequate to her (perhaps he is unavoidable distant past voice of her father). He constantly tries to get Blackjack to give up on her crusade against men because some are actually good, his reveal to be Goldenblood's assistant is a ruse to exacerbate this.

And the current threat to BJ? A giant radioactive penis with semen that destroyed part of her new nearly unstoppable body. And she's pissed due to her girlfriend being turned into the most boyish ministry mare.

I don't actually believe this but it's fun to think about. :)

This got a lot more Freudian than I had expected. Well done for almost making me choke up my smoothie [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 22 459784477

Cptadder wrote:
Mikas wrote:

Of course I got away with it!

You win this time...

Cptadder wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:
It's illegal in eleven states, because of statue of limitations I won't mention which state I committed that particular act in.

Only eleven states? Man have times changed.

OAN: Anyone else RAEG at their computer due to it somehow working worse after a software update, memory dump, and general virus purge?
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:55 am

Caiomhe: You're more right than you know. Her mom was one of the most responsible and noble mares in 99. As head of security, she kept the stable from tearing itself apart. Now out in the wasteland, BJ is trying to do the same for the Hoof and for herself. On the other side of the coin, her mom was not a very emotionally available individual. This made BJ overly sensitive and some what self centered; if she was going to get any attention she wanted to make sure she got it. But of course this was selfish and therefore bad; welcome to the start of the BJ self recrimination cycle. BJ ultimately believes herself to be the universe's ultimate fuckup, and ultimately responsible for 99% of the bad things that happen, thus deserving the pain and suffering that is inflicted upon her. It's very unhealthy, psychologically.

BJ's motherly instincts are also conditioning as well. In 99, when your parent died, you had a kid ASAP. It was rarely allowed to be deferred, as in the case of Scotch tape, and so with her mom dead, there is a conditioning impulse that she should have a kid herself, even if her living situation is utterly unsuitable.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:11 am

Mikas wrote:
OAN: Anyone else RAEG at their computer due to it somehow working worse after a software update, memory dump, and general virus purge?
The answer is yes! Stupid USB ports... their day of reckoning is close at hand, I tell you!

@Caiohme
I like your style! :)

@Somber
Cool! Especially that bit about why she thinks about having kids. I mean, that fit perfectly well before you explained it, from a why-wouldn't-you-want-foals-I-guess-they're-pretty-okay-except-for-those-eyes kind of perspective, but it's cool to see how well it works from a psychological one.

@Anyone who cares to respond
Fireside chats with Celestia in the early days of the war: does it work with the canon? Does it make sense?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:14 am

Somber wrote:

BJ's motherly instincts are also conditioning as well. In 99, when your parent died, you had a kid ASAP. It was rarely allowed to be deferred, as in the case of Scotch tape, and so with her mom dead, there is a conditioning impulse that she should have a kid herself, even if her living situation is utterly unsuitable.
That brings up the question is she biological conditioned to pop out a child or would her mental state improve from just having a... licensed offspring? IE she see's Scotch as P-21's not hers, if that changed would her psyche improve any?

Or should she just give up and adopt Xanthe as hers, maybe that's just Mech's character sketches talking.

Thanks for the comments Somber, the bit about the conditioning of Stable 99 is one of those obvious in retrospect but can completely miss you until someone explicitly calls it out. Or to put it another way.

Stable 99 did not just conditions it's mares that males were worthless, every minute of every day there was conditioning going on to maintain the Stable power structure.
Which again in retrospect is obvious because you can't cram a fixed population underground and keep them sane their entire lives without some serious societal engineering.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
@Anyone who cares to respond
Fireside chats with Celestia in the early days of the war: does it work with the canon? Does it make sense?
Celestia looks nothing like FDR
It all depends on if Radios were already popular when the wars started which depending on cannon is a big... maybe. However Celestia was already busy doing the thousand and one things so I don't see more than a weekly address and considering the first half of the war was not exactly a big deal. The Royal guard were the only pones engaged and as I've mentioned before my head cannon is that the RG would be in large part hereditary careers as Celestia is likely to trust best people who have been serving her for six generations. She probably knows all their foals birthdays to or would before the war forced the expansion of the Royal Guard beyond it's peacetime thousand pony size.

Last edited by Cptadder on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next