Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+48
Rboy474
Mech
Caoimhe
Snipehamster
Mister Nikel
Valikdu
Moodyman90
Karasu
Nightshy
NoodleNugget
Salculd
Jeremyrush
Ki-Tarn
jacky2734
Aonee
Vergil
Theta
Stringtheory
Mikas
Scyto Harmony
Rafafidi
Ametros
hawkeye92
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
Somber
CamoBadger
RoboRed
MrMagma
Katarn
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Quotidian
Kippershy
RandomBlank
Sindri
Scootayay
Kattlarv
SilentCarto
Cptadder
FeatherDust
Admiral Stoic Rum
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Ketchup
52 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Caiomhe wrote:Ack so many ripe opportunities to post speculation and my new computer has 4 hours left to restore all my data. I wish I could type four pages on sexual identity and shame in PH comfortably from my iPad. :(
DAMNIT, CAIOMHE'S COMPUTER, HURRY UP!!! I WANNA READ THIS.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:38 pm

In the meantime I will say that my primary purpose at the newspaper is reviewing popular arts and culture which mostly relates to music, night life and the eclectic obscure. Part of that includes using my love of music and art in general. I say this because although I loath using lyrical interpretation at face value, Ladytron's track Runaway is my headcanon Fo:E song specifically because of lyrical selections such as 'red eye,' the killing of unicorns and running. :p

Life is so boring without a working computer on a muggy day. Aaag
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:46 pm

RoboRed wrote:*hurls quarters at screen*

...Fuck...

...anyone have a couple hundred bucks? Tilt

I don't understand what bucks have to do with this but...

OH, money! Right. Not the other things.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:05 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Hm... I'd disagree with this. It seems more to me as if the bodies are just network nodes in a situation where network content dominates.
If that were the case, Twilight (or Trixie, for that matter) should have been able to co-opt any body they wanted to and escape the destruction of Maripony. They didn't, and in fact Twilight explicitly couldn't possess a body not her own for more than a few hours.

Sindri wrote:You need to break off from the idea that your body is an intrinsic part of your self; everything from cybernetics to soul jars to Unity will separate your self from its body but not destroy you.
Just because a soul can be ripped out of its own body doesn't mean it can be freely moved around into other bodies. The only way we know of to get a soul out of its soul jar is star metal, and that merely sequesters it until the star metal is destroyed, at which point the soul goes to the Necropolis. There's no indication that a soul from a destroyed jar can be returned to its body, inserted into a new soul jar, or really manipulated in any way.

And it certainly doesn't mean that the Unity works that way. See Twilight, as mentioned above.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:22 pm

@Kim I'm sorry to hear that - glad you're talking about it, but that sounds awful. You're right, by the way, that the argument from conservatism ("it's always been this way, don't change, don't stand out") is an amazingly annoying one for the person on the receiving end, and honestly somewhat of a lazy one, too. If I can help, please tell me how. And /hugs if you want them (I used to not be able to take hugs, too, but wanted them... it felt terrible, and I'm sorry that you're going through something at least similar).

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:24 pm

RoboRed wrote:*glee*
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 FightingisMagicBlackJackFanArt

I politely point out the pipbuck is on the wrong foreleg
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Meleagridis wrote:I have a question about those two. I always assumed that the Dog/God in there was Gestalt and Mosaic, as tightly connected in Unity as they were in life. But they were part of the original batch of ponies that created Unity- so why are they in an alicorn? They should be a part of the Goddess. Who are these siblings if not Gesaic?

I want to write them now. Please throw fanon at me.
The following interpretation of events was deemed "exactly correct" by Kkat. So it's really not really so much fanon as Word of God (not Dog).

We actually know the identity of that particular alicorn. First, this is not one of the twins; Gestalt and Mosaic had matching cutie marks of entwined magical sparks, as Pip noted from the paintings in their office at MAS Canterlot in FOE Ch. 37. The alicorn's cutie mark is a bubbling flask. "Flask", as I call her, was the scientist who got called down by Twilight for referring to Trixie as "Test Subject" rather than by name in the video of the Goddess's birth from FOE Ch. 29. She, like all survivors in Maripony, was used to experiment on getting the IMP dosage right. Obviously, since she doesn't reside as part of the Goddess now, Trixie got it right that time.

Over the course of 200 years as a green alicorn, she became heavily invested in the Unity and the constant mental contact with the Goddess. Then she was sent to Canterlot as part of the Black Book recovery team. Whereas losing their link to the Goddess makes most alicorns start to remember their old life or develop a new individual personality (like Nightseer), Flask was suddenly alone and adrift in a way she hadn't experienced for two centuries. She was so distraught that she suffered a mental break and created an alternate persona, her own private Goddess. Her cutie mark eventually returned, but it's now split; when she's herself, she has the original flask mark, but when the False Goddess is in control, it becomes a starry mist. That was all right, until she considered leaving Canterlot. The False Goddess knew that, once she regained contact with the true Goddess, Flask would no longer need her. The False Goddess decided she would rather die than be discarded like that, so she tried to force Flask to kill herself. Flask chained herself up to prevent that. Pip and company saw her in that state. While the party was in the MAw, the False Goddess succeeded in sparking the stove, and blew herself up along with a great deal of Ministry Walk.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:53 pm

From Ryx's tumblr:
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 Tumblr_m7eqz1m6G91r52419o1_500
All I can hear is, "I'm trottin' on sunshine, wo-oah, and don't it feel good!"
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:35 pm

I just found this on derpibooru.org:
Spoiler:

an accurate response to them I think
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Anyone would end up paying that in therapy split 6 ways anyway!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:46 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Hm... I'd disagree with this. It seems more to me as if the bodies are just network nodes in a situation where network content dominates.
If that were the case, Twilight (or Trixie, for that matter) should have been able to co-opt any body they wanted to and escape the destruction of Maripony. They didn't, and in fact Twilight explicitly couldn't possess a body not her own for more than a few hours.
Kkat wrote:When her body was destroyed, and the souls of the countless ponies who had been consumed into her were set free, some of them, the strongest ones, found their way into the bodies of her fleeing children.

Possession.

But those bodies already had souls of their own. It was unlikely this could last. Already, the cutie mark on the super-alicorn was beginning to fade.
To me, this doesn't seem to indicate that Twilight couldn't hold that body because it wasn't based on her original; I read it as that body already having as much soul as it could carry. Twilight could almost certainly have booted the rest out and claimed the body for herself... but I don't see her doing that.

SilentCarto wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:I have a question about those two. I always assumed that the Dog/God in there was Gestalt and Mosaic, as tightly connected in Unity as they were in life. But they were part of the original batch of ponies that created Unity- so why are they in an alicorn? They should be a part of the Goddess. Who are these siblings if not Gesaic?

This interpretation of events was deemed "exactly correct" by Kkat. So it's really not really so much fanon as Word of God (not Dog).

We actually know the identity of that particular alicorn. First, this is not one of the twins; Gestalt and Mosaic had matching cutie marks of entwined magical sparks, as Pip noted from the paintings in their office at MAS Canterlot in FOE Ch. 37. The alicorn's cutie mark is a bubbling flask. "Flask", as I call her, was the scientist who got called down by Twilight for referring to Trixie as "Test Subject" rather than by name in the video of the Goddess's birth from FOE Ch. 29. She, like all survivors in Maripony, was used to experiment on getting the IMP dosage right. Obviously, since she doesn't reside as part of the Goddess now, Trixie got it right that time.

Over the course of 200 years as a green alicorn, she became heavily invested in the Unity and the constant mental contact with the Goddess. Then she was sent to Canterlot as part of the Black Book recovery team. Whereas losing their link to the Goddess makes most alicorns start to remember their old life or develop a new individual personality (like Nightseer), Flask was suddenly alone and adrift in a way she hadn't experienced for two centuries. She was so distraught that she suffered a mental break and created an alternate persona, her own private Goddess. Her cutie mark eventually returned, but it's now split; when she's herself, she has the original flask mark, but when the False Goddess is in control, it becomes a starry mist. That was all right, until she considered leaving Canterlot. The False Goddess knew that, once she regained contact with the true Goddess, Flask would no longer need her. The False Goddess decided she would rather die than be discarded like that, so she tried to force Flask to kill herself. Flask chained herself up to prevent that. Pip and company saw her in that state. While the party was in the MAw, the False Goddess succeeded in sparking the stove, and blew herself up along with a great deal of Ministry Walk.
Hey, thanks; I don't think that I'd heard this before.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:38 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
SilentCarto wrote: the one arguing with herself under the MAS,

I have a question about those two. I always assumed that the Dog/God in there was Gestalt and Mosaic, as tightly connected in Unity as they were in life. But they were part of the original batch of ponies that created Unity- so why are they in an alicorn? They should be a part of the Goddess. Who are these siblings if not Gesaic?

I believe that was a single ordinary pony, who couldn't handle being alone after years living with the Goddess and thus developed a mental construct imitating the Goddess to talk to and guide her. The cutie mark oscillated between whatever was appropriate for the soul in question and an incomplete imitation of Trixie's.

edit: disregard this, SilentCarto said all of it and more but better and with actual support.

@Kattlarv
Spoiler:

iLateralGX wrote:
Kattlarv wrote:
@iLat: (Somber) *Smacks with spatula* She. If you are referring to the author.

Ouch... hey I have been getting so many mixed signals on this subject I was just using "he" as a generalized unisex term!
There is a thirty-something physically male human with serious mental problems, an overbearing mother, and an unpleasant financial situation currently living somewhere in Nevada. Somber is a little grey filly living in his brain and producing wonderful terrible stories. Thus when referring to the author of the story we typically use 'she,' and when referring to the human whose hands type it we typically use 'he,' but the distinction is vague and nobody actually gets in trouble for using a wrong pronoun. I think the spatula attack was intended as a joke.

SilentCarto wrote:
My understanding is that due to their special role in the Goddess and the particularly destructive nature of their introduction to Unity, the four in the middle couldn't separate themselves or inhabit bodies. Twilight could leave a "ghost" behind with a strong enough telepathic imprint on one of the individuals that was leaving (just like how they don't assert themselves as an individual personality until some time has passed since their separation from Unity), but couldn't actually inhabit one fully.

Just because a soul can be ripped out of its own body doesn't mean it can be freely moved around into other bodies. The only way we know of to get a soul out of its soul jar is star metal, and that merely sequesters it until the star metal is destroyed, at which point the soul goes to the Necropolis. There's no indication that a soul from a destroyed jar can be returned to its body, inserted into a new soul jar, or really manipulated in any way.

And it certainly doesn't mean that the Unity works that way. See Twilight, as mentioned above.
Oh, it's certainly not easy to move a soul around under normal conditions, and a soul jar has a particularly strong hold on its inhabitant, not even letting them leave by dying like a live body would. But in my mind the most significant part of the Unification process is removing your soul and bringing it into the nebulous group that is the Goddess. At that point the body becomes a secondary consideration, used as a chassis when something needs to get done in meatspace and no longer holding any special significance to its rider... until they get cut off from Unity and it becomes their permanent home.

O. Hinds wrote:
Kkat wrote:When her body was destroyed...
To me, this doesn't seem to indicate that Twilight couldn't hold that body because it wasn't based on her original; I read it as that body already having as much soul as it could carry. Twilight could almost certainly have booted the rest out and claimed the body for herself... but I don't see her doing that.
That seems to be what is said here, but first, it's being told by a narrator; I believe at the time that would be Littlepip, who always considered her body to be an intrinsic part of her self and nearly had breakdowns on multiple occasions when it was altered or permanently scarred. She just wouldn't be able to conceive of a soul and body not being connected. Meanwhile, this explanation seems to deny the possibility of Lacunae or similar gestalt constructs existing, at least away from Unity for more than a few hours. The evidence I see from both stories seems to indicate that this is a misinterpretation or oversimplification by a character rather than the canonical explanation of what happened.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:39 pm

iLateralGX wrote:
You have to use an external program called "Modio" or something similar to rehash and resign the file. The thing about Xbox content is that it is connected to your account so if you download it from an external source and its has null ID's or somebody else's it will go kaput. However, in order to discover what your ID's are you will need content that is registered from you on your console and then put THAT into modio. Down in the file details it will show you the ID's and whatnot. Save those, and open the file that you want to use for New Vegas in Modio and replace the current ID's with the ones that you have saved and are yours, press the rehash and resign button, use XTAF GUI or modio to inject the file into the proper directory (where New Vegas saves are held, so I suggest using that as the file you use to get your ID's from as you can just replace the file into the correct directory) and tada. If you need more help just kinda use my Skype info thing on this account, I would be happy to.
I slept on it, and when I woke up, I almost immediately found the problem.
I used XTAF to get it out of the Data files, then used Modio to extract it AND change the file extensions, because doing it without Modio gives it a .fos in name only, the file is still a .DAT. All content is intact, no issues with profiles or anything. Thanks for responding, anyway.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:06 am

stringtheory wrote:I just found this on derpibooru.org:
Spoiler:

I'LL TAKE THEM ALL AND GIVE THEM A LOVING HOME FOR FREE.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:09 am

Kippershy wrote:
Spoiler:

We gather today in loving memory of Kippershy, his life cut tragically short after agreeing to take custody of a group of... extraordinarily insane and destructive youngsters...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:22 am

Sindri wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Spoiler:

We gather today in loving memory of Kippershy, his life cut tragically short after agreeing to take custody of a group of... extraordinarily insane and destructive youngsters...

*climbs out of the grave*

Euuuuuuuuuuuuugh. uuuuuuuuuuuh. huvhnrhnju.

God that bullet to the brain hurt.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:06 am

@Kattlarv:

Spoilered Due To TLDR:
There, I'll climb off my soapbox now.
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:52 am

iLateralGX wrote:
Kattlarv wrote:
@iLat: (Somber) *Smacks with spatula* She. If you are referring to the author.

Ouch... hey I have been getting so many mixed signals on this subject I was just using "he" as a generalized unisex term!

Aha! I knew I wasn't the only one!

Katarn wrote:@Katt Actually you both right and wrong. Somber in same
time he and she. Even as author. Difference is, IIRC, she - pony who
tells what to write, he - man, who writes story.

Interesting. I was mostly alternating the gender of any pronouns I used when referring to Somber (that way I'd be 50% right).

O. Hinds wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:
Now I am more confused... Somber's a guy who is possessed... by a mare?
As
I understand it, Somber is of male sex and apparently male gender, but
he views the part of his mind that is the author as female.

Hmmm...Interesting. I wonder how people (and Somber in this case) manage to do that? Also have to wonder if it's healthy.

Caiomhe wrote:Ack so many ripe opportunities to post speculation and
my new computer has 4 hours left to restore all my data. I wish I could
type four pages on sexual identity and shame in PH comfortably from my
iPad. :(

I look forward to this with much enthusiasm and impatience. Also pants. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 30 2692562100

OAN: Got another post with things I've found while rereading PH. I'll let it hit 3 pages in the document before I post it.
Also has anyone managed to classify what guns in the story are in the game. Specifically the IF-XX variety that is mentioned all over the place (especially the IF-88 I keep hearing thrown around)? I have trouble remembering which is what (I mostly identify guns by their game classification and ammo type so 12.7mm Pistol, Hunting Rifle, Riot Shotgun, Ranger Sequoia, AM Rifle etc).
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:05 am

I use "he" because I'm a terrible, androcentric douche.

That said, has Somber expressed a preference?
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:17 am

Male, Female, Flying Spaghetti Monster, it does not matter. For no matter what we shall all love and praise Somber to the end of days.

Praise Somber and the Sombereros.

The cult aside, I feel rather sorry for this whole thing being discussed. I imagine it made Somber at least a little bit uncomfortable reading about his gender being discussed. One might think were crazy. Tilt
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:19 am

No, Somber will just get all wound up that we're getting "upset" with each other about it and will come in and apologize. Spike
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:23 am

RoboRed wrote:...and will come in and apologize.
Oh, that reminds me, I had a doodle idea for that. SKETCHPAD HO!
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30