Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+48
Rboy474
Mech
Caoimhe
Snipehamster
Mister Nikel
Valikdu
Moodyman90
Karasu
Nightshy
NoodleNugget
Salculd
Jeremyrush
Ki-Tarn
jacky2734
Aonee
Vergil
Theta
Stringtheory
Mikas
Scyto Harmony
Rafafidi
Ametros
hawkeye92
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
Somber
CamoBadger
RoboRed
MrMagma
Katarn
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Quotidian
Kippershy
RandomBlank
Sindri
Scootayay
Kattlarv
SilentCarto
Cptadder
FeatherDust
Admiral Stoic Rum
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Ketchup
52 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Gooby pls
Pls

Pls gooby

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 3932362616

I blame it on you lot not being /b/rothers.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Did I ever mention I avoid 4chan like the plague? Crazy

Oh dear lord, I just thought of what would happen if ponies and dolan were mixed. Please kill me now...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Has anyone yet noted that Psalm's talent is Faith, and wondered if her services for the OIA are just one giant fit of CMFIS?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:57 pm

RoboRed wrote:

Oh dear lord, I just thought of what would happen if ponies and dolan were mixed. Please kill me now...

Probably shouldn't mention that it already exists. Oh well, too late for that now.[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 779695502

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:15 pm

No idea what Gooby are xP

And shouldn't our group colour technically be Grey? Granted, would be hard to see, but eh.

Also, I dunno really, how is faith a talent? Seems a bit like equal of having a couch as a cutie mark, with the talent of sitting in it, waiting for stuff to fix itself. Okay, not really, but still xD

And as said, have to say again on the "enlisting" thing, it's awfully stereotyping now that I think of it. As well as pegasi being kicked into "Enclave mode" before the enclave. And unicorns being stereotyped as prissy and snobby, like if they all were from Canterlot. And as said, EP's are worth more than both other races if going technically. (at least up to a certain amount, but they are the base of it.) Yay, trailing off again. Really have to try and fix my day rhythm xD
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:15 pm

I don't know why, but the green names make me think that you guys are all sick. I guess it just reminds me of nausea or something. XD

Don't tell him ponies and dolan have crossed. You will break his heart...
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:29 pm

Hm... topic is getting to collected again, quick, de-rail it!
Go, random shits and giggles #51!
Spoiler:

@iLat: But, didn't you know? We ARE all sick. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 3932362616

Last edited by Kattlarv on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add crazy.)
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Ah, finally found the controls.

So, uh, if you want to be officially part of this forum's PH group, let me know, I guess?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:34 pm

RoboRed wrote:Did I ever mention I avoid 4chan like the plague? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 2113965524

they already are.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:38 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, finally found the controls.

So, uh, if you want to be officially part of this forum's PH group, let me know, I guess?

Sure, I guess I will sign a contract without reading any of its contents whatsoever. I trust that I have not just sold my soul to some horrible company or deity. Because you know, you would not do that.

... Right?
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Considering this is the only thing I post in...I'm game.

Also, I have to say that although I don't necessarily think of you as British, I hear your name in my head like an Aussie is saying it.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Vergil wrote:

Considering this is the only thing I post in...I'm game.

Also, I have to say that although I don't necessarily think of you as British, I hear your name in my head like an Aussie is saying it.
Likewise, here and Murky Number Seven I ignore the rest of this forum, I do my politicking and my news reading elsewhere.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:07 pm

MrMagma wrote:
Probably shouldn't mention that it already exists. Oh well, too late for that now.[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 779695502
iLateralGX wrote:Don't tell him ponies and dolan have crossed. You will break his heart...
Kippershy wrote:they already are.

Here lies RoboRed
1989-2012
"He found out the truth."

Kattlarv wrote:
And shouldn't our group colour technically be Grey? Granted, would be hard to see, but eh.
Night did mention an idea of giving a special color/group for Somber alone. I suggested grey. Spike
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:49 pm

RoboRed wrote:PCs are superior, but the majority of people out there are too stupid/lazy to maintain it or are not willing to spend enough for a proper setup. Whereas with a console, you just plug it in, set up a couple things, and get to gaming. And they're cheaper overall. That's why they're so appealing.

I just wish so many games weren't platform-locked.

The fact is that the very existence of consoles is, even though passively, harming PC gaming a great deal. How games of all genres are being simplified for the sake of the console target audience, how some game genres have almost disappeared altogether from the industry, like starfighter sims? I don't even have to mention how the upper threshold for graphic quality is determined by the now-obsolete console hardware. The galaxy would be a better place if no one but the asari had ever dragged themselves out of the primordial-- wait... I think I got the wrong script here.

Ahem.

Anyway, I feel very glad that Wasteland 2 will a PC exclusive. Our last, best hope for RPG.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:57 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Consoles are way behind PCs in specs. 2005 tech just won't cut it, but since they don't make new consoles, they cause everything to lag back. This is somewhat avoided by some of Bethesda's games in particular. They look a lot better on PC and perform much better, but are held back by being compatible with consoles at all. Battlefield 3 looks MUCH better on PC, for another example. Crisis 2 kinda hit the wall for how it can look.

PS: We need more starfighter sims. Freelancer is a great game.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Valikdu wrote:
RoboRed wrote:PCs are superior, but the majority of people out there are too stupid/lazy to maintain it or are not willing to spend enough for a proper setup. Whereas with a console, you just plug it in, set up a couple things, and get to gaming. And they're cheaper overall. That's why they're so appealing.

I just wish so many games weren't platform-locked.

The fact is that the very existence of consoles is, even though passively, harming PC gaming a great deal. How games of all genres are being simplified for the sake of the console target audience, how some game genres have almost disappeared altogether from the industry, like starfighter sims? I don't even have to mention how the upper threshold for graphic quality is determined by the now-obsolete console hardware. The galaxy would be a better place if no one but the asari had ever dragged themselves out of the primordial-- wait... I think I got the wrong script here.

Ahem.

Anyway, I feel very glad that Wasteland 2 will a PC exclusive. Our last, best hope for RPG.

While I do agree that consoles are holding back PC gaming as a whole, I would NEVER wish for their nonexistence. The majority of my friends that I have made in that past 5 years are solely because of my consoles. I would not trade the amazing experiences I have had on them nor the friends I have made for the world. The only reason I was able to have said experiences and friends is because of the cost and just how easy it is for a console to be played.

Yes it is unfortunate for PC gaming, but consoles are there for a reason. Although I really do hate where they are headed. Wii U, Kinect, Playstation Move... abominations I say!
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:06 pm

Abominations indeed! I certainly prefer sitting on a chair instead.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Oh yes, swinging your arms and moving around to actually do stuff in game is so much worse than pressing buttons.
But seriously, motion controls done right add a lot to the game. Look at Legend Of Zelda, Mario Kart Wii, and Metroid Prime 3, those are examples of good usage of motion controls. Yes, most game developers don't know how to use them, but when they do, the result is great.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Aonee wrote:Oh yes, swinging your arms and moving around to actually do stuff in game is so much worse than pressing buttons.
But seriously, motion controls done right add a lot to the game. Look at Legend Of Zelda, Mario Kart Wii, and Metroid Prime 3, those are examples of good usage of motion controls. Yes, most game developers don't know how to use them, but when they do, the result is great.

It's is more of a preference. When I think of playing games I think of a keyboard, a mouse, or a controller. I don't want to get up and move, it is just not nearly as enjoyable for me. Again, that may be a preference, but it appears to be a common one amongst gamers.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:26 pm

iLateralGX wrote:
Aonee wrote:Oh yes, swinging your arms and moving around to actually do stuff in game is so much worse than pressing buttons.

It's is more of a preference. When I think of playing games I think of a keyboard, a mouse, or a controller. I don't want to get up and move, it is just not nearly as enjoyable for me. Again, that may be a preference, but it appears to be a common one amongst gamers.
Yep, just a preference. But who knows? In the next generations of gamers, they might say the same about controller interfaces.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:44 pm

Kattlarv wrote:Also, I dunno really, how is faith a talent? Seems a bit like equal of having a couch as a cutie mark, with the talent of sitting in it, waiting for stuff to fix itself. Okay, not really, but still xD
It's like having the talent for inspiring others, but for yourself. The ability to know, without doubt, that everything is going to turn out well.

O. Hinds wrote:So, uh, if you want to be officially part of this forum's PH group, let me know, I guess?
Yes please!

ketchup504 wrote:PS: We need more starfighter sims. Freelancer is a great game.
Wing Commander Saga is free, and runs on the Freespace 2 engine. The graphics might not make your eyeballs explode or anything, but it's a fantastic blast from the past for a long-time WC fan like me.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Personally I prefer PC games, but not for any of the elitist reasons.
I don't have a high-end computer (I got this laptop for like $200 about five years ago).
I don't care about graphics as long as I can tell what's going on.
But first, consoles are expensive; the machine itself is several hundred for something that's nothing but a toy, and the games are 60 each, whereas my pc does srs bzns as well and the games are typically in the $2-10 range because of Steam sales.
I prefer wasd and mouse over double-joystick controls just because looking around with a joystick doesn't make intuitive sense to me, while moving my hand to the target does.
And stupid companies like EA might be dumbing down their games for the drunken frat boy they assume to be their audience, but a good game isn't going to stop being a good game when the publisher makes it cross-platform and there are literally millions of PC games than nobody will ever bother to console-port.
It does annoy me when a game's control system has obviously been developed for a console player, like the stupid huge clumsy menus in Skyrim, but that's what mods are for.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:57 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Wing Commander Saga is free, and runs on the Freespace 2 engine.

Wha-I don't even-How-!?

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Mlfw5336-I_COME

Okay... I guess I'll check this one out in the morning.

Also, on the subject of space sims and Freespace in particular: there's several more great custom campaigns for the Freespace 2 SCP. I highly recommend Blue Planet.

Last edited by Valikdu on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:07 pm

re: grouping, color change
I'm not crazy about it. Not necessarily against it, but not in favor. Sure it might be nice to see who else is the the PH group while in the rest of the forum, but we pretty much already know each other. Meanwhile it gives an illusion of exclusiveness, and we've already almost scared off a couple of lurkers because they weren't sure about intruding on our tight-knit group here. And it certainly is an unpleasant shade of green...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:15 pm

@Silent: Have to say, she doesn't seem very "faith-ful" overall. More like a blind sheep. Or something...

@Everypony: Why is so amusing rising my undead army, tearing through my enemies and raising them to fight for me such a thrilling experience, since I'm actually doing it for the greater good? ... and is the good guys? Goddess, it is just so awesome the undead by default are the good guys in heroes 6 xD Hate their save system but... good necromancers! Even their troops have lore of being good xD
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Silent: Have to say, she doesn't seem very "faith-ful" overall. More like a blind sheep. Or something...

@Everypony: Why is so amusing rising my undead army, tearing through my enemies and raising them to fight for me such a thrilling experience, since I'm actually doing it for the greater good? ... and is the good guys? Goddess, it is just so awesome the undead by default are the good guys in heroes 6 xD Hate their save system but... good necromancers! Even their troops have lore of being good xD
Personally I've always had undead cross the alignment spectrum, wit mindless ones like skeletons and zombies being true neutral on their own or defaulting to the alignment of their controller if they have one. Some of the grandest heroes in my D&D campaigns have used... recycled troops.

And now I want to play Heroes VI, but it's still so expensive... $50 base and 33.5 on sale? I'll wait until it gets older and goes down some.

As for Psalm, it's too early to be conclusive, but it looks a lot like CMFIS to me.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:57 pm

Valikdu wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Wing Commander Saga is free, and runs on the Freespace 2 engine.
Wha-I don't even-How-!?
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Mlfw5336-I_COME
Okay... I guess I'll check this one out in the morning.
I should note you don't need a copy of Freespace to run it, and it's fully voice acted -- and not poorly. My first thought was "Why am I not paying for this?!"

Edit: Many computers, even brand new ones, can't handle the normal mapping on the asteroids and capships. If you see jerkiness when you face in certain directions in early missions, use the Asteroid Patch listed here. It's not bad in the early missions, but when you get to the missions that take you into asteroid fields, they're utterly unplayable.

Kattlarv wrote:@Silent: Have to say, she doesn't seem very "faith-ful" overall. More like a blind sheep. Or something...
That's what CMFIS is. When she lost her faith, for whatever reason, she became blindly obsessed with earning forgiveness, and willing to do anything for anyone who could promise that. Don't judge her by her darkest days.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:25 pm

@Sindri: I personally am really fond of "good" necomancers in RPG's (Eon have "licensed necromancers" in some countries xD)

I have to warn though, it's save system sucks ass. It stores saves online, and they only "confirm" your save after you exit the game and it "syncs" the saves. So if the game or launcher crashes, you have a high chance of loosing all your save files from up till the last time you played. Unless playing offline, but then you can't level your dynasty, get xp or anything. So it's kinda blah. Anyhow, I got my copy from a gamestop for 100 SEK (1 $ ~7 SEK)

One thing I found hilarious though is that I had a hero good at vampires, and I just "umph"-ed up their defence to ~90 % damage resistance, enemies refused to even hit my vampires xD They just stood there all "Sup?" On a side note, the game felt very unfinished, since just in a recent patch towns were added. (you had a "pop up" menu before) It's very different from the other heroes In a way, it's "Fallout 3" from Fallout 2. Fucks some things up, but does some... almost better, just like Fo3 vs Fo2 xP

@ Both (Psalm) No idea what CMFIS is tbh. But yes, I do judge her for it. If one blindly follows whatever for some reason, I will look down on them for it. Sure, ponies can actually see their deity, but relying solely on them for everything even when proven they deity can't help them, then clambers to anyone nearby offering "help" and doing whatever they say blindly is just... feh... for me.

... guys, just out of fucking no-where: On a scale of 1-10, how random
would a FoE sidefic with a "Bear Grills" based character be? xD

Last edited by Kattlarv on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added extra random.)
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
@ Both (Psalm) No idea what CMFIS is tbh. But yes, I do judge her for it. If one blindly follows whatever for some reason, I will look down on them for it. Sure, ponies can actually see their deity, but relying solely on them for everything even when proven they deity can't help them, then clambers to anyone nearby offering "help" and doing whatever they say blindly is just... feh... for me.
"Cutie Mark Failure Insanity Syndrome" - basically, y'know the episode Party of One, where Pinkie goes crazy? That's textbook CMFIS. As I see it, leastways, it's that she's broken: she put her faith in Luna (among other ponies) to make the right decisions, and denied her own feelings and thoughts in order to serve her nation. This sacrifice was a big part of who she was, a big part of what held her together day to day in the war. And when it failed, she became aimless, trying desperately to keep doing the thing that used to work (keep faith with her superiors and Luna, trust that they're doing the right thing). But it keeps failing, and that just drives her deeper. Returning to Pinkie's episode, it's like when she throws a party for inanimate objects: she's just not thinking clearly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:58 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:PS: We need more starfighter sims. Freelancer is a great game.
Wing Commander Saga is free, and runs on the Freespace 2 engine. The graphics might not make your eyeballs explode or anything, but it's a fantastic blast from the past for a long-time WC fan like me.
I've yet to play any Wing Commander, but I'll give this a shot.
On a similar note:
Any games that anyone knows of where you command a singular, capital-class ship? I have yet to find many. They usually either put you with multiple large ships or a few/one little ships.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next