Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+48
Rboy474
Mech
Caoimhe
Snipehamster
Mister Nikel
Valikdu
Moodyman90
Karasu
Nightshy
NoodleNugget
Salculd
Jeremyrush
Ki-Tarn
jacky2734
Aonee
Vergil
Theta
Stringtheory
Mikas
Scyto Harmony
Rafafidi
Ametros
hawkeye92
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
Somber
CamoBadger
RoboRed
MrMagma
Katarn
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Quotidian
Kippershy
RandomBlank
Sindri
Scootayay
Kattlarv
SilentCarto
Cptadder
FeatherDust
Admiral Stoic Rum
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Ketchup
52 posters

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by 222222 Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Wow what a chapter. Really top notch work. I noticed some typos but someone else already had that covered. Now for the review.
Spoiler:
I couldn't get a rampage-beargrylls " we have to drink our own piss" out of my head after that.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Rafafidi Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Somber wrote:Oh... Celestia One... That'll be fun the second to last chapter....

Anyway, thanks for the reviews. Can't wait to read more. They really are the highlight of my day after posting. You guys keep me going more than anything else.
Doing this just because you like it:
Not sure if it is a "review", just my first thoughts in each part.
Spoiler:
Rafafidi
Rafafidi
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:43 pm

On unrelated to the story at all news the local high temperature here is 106*F or 41C for you non Americans (Metric system? Neeeeverr!) with a feels like temperature of 114*F or 45.5C for the meter crowd.

So naturally I'm about to go do a five k in this, it's going to be a much more walky 5k than normal for me because I'm not flipping insane. But the reason I posted this today is because of this...

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 Acttemp_600x405
See that 106 section in the middle of the country? That's where I am this year, now see that 86 on the corner of Florida next to Alabama? If I were home at Pensacola Beach Florida I'd be twenty degrees cooler. If I was in the place with the wonderful beaches, the nice ocean and the awesome views for the place that famous year round for being always warm, if I was there right now I'd be so much cooler.

Why must you torment me fickle weather patterns!
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Be safe, Cptadder! I'm in Maryland myself and have retreated to Pimlico race course of all places to write today. Currently 101 here.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:10 pm

A little commentary for this chapter. I apologize for the lack of relevant feedback.
Spoiler:
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:23 pm

@Adder
It isn't freakishly warm here, but we just had a sudden thunderstorm, and now it's sunny. The weather patterns are certainly ridiculous. Having a temperature range going from -40C to 40C makes for interesting weather.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:27 pm

[quote="ketchup504"]"Unicorns were not made to run like this... okay we’ll maybe I was made to but... oh Celestia that was a lot of radiation."
I think this is a mistake.[/qoute]
Ah, thank you; I don't know if the second part of that ever got brushed at all.

Also, here's a thought: with Blackjack now connected to Unity, she won't just be watching Lacunae experience the Goddess's death...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:45 pm

Yup. That's gonna be a fun one when Littlepip comes in with a bomb. I wonder, will BJ get to see Lil'pip through the Goddess's eyes?
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:47 pm

O. Hinds wrote:

Also, here's a thought: with Blackjack now connected to Unity, she won't just be watching Lacunae experience the Goddess's death...
Which makes a rather interesting question about after since without the Unity link the enervation becomes much more tolerable and she's got an "in" with the Alicorns as someone friendly to them (generally speaking).

I'm calling it now, Queen Whisky's glorious squadron shall fly again.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Aonee wrote:Yup. That's gonna be a fun one when Littlepip comes in with a bomb. I wonder, will BJ get to see Lil'pip through the Goddess's eyes?
Then she will be surprised when the radio says the Stable Dweller did it. The link was certainly a twist.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafafidi Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:28 pm

Nightshy wrote:That song Rampage is singing? Hah I knew it as soon as she started, I heard it recently somewhere....well anyway for those who are wondering, here is the original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2tWwHOXMhI Great Song, in fact, all the music recently has be great!
Thank you! So who will be the first to say "Ponies!" ou "Project Horizons!" in the video comentaries? Spike
Rafafidi
Rafafidi
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Finally got around to reading the chapter.
I've not given a full review unfortunately, but if I manage to find the time I'll reread and try to do that for you, if you so wish.

review in the spoilers, as usual.

Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasu Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Hi all, (long timer lurker, FTP here) i suppose this is a rather sudden way to burst into a discussion thread, but does anyone else have either a niggling desire or a burning need to actually hear the song from this most recent chapter?

Karasu
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Karasu wrote:Hi all, (long timer lurker, FTP here) i suppose this is a rather sudden way to burst into a discussion thread, but does anyone else have either a niggling desire or a burning need to actually hear the song from this most recent chapter?

Welcome Karasu, stay and enjoy the madness! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 3670107347

Anyways, I personally would love to actually hear the song from the new chapter and think there are quite a few folks hear that would like to as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Rafafidi wrote:
Nightshy wrote:That song Rampage is singing? Hah I knew it as soon as she started, I heard it recently somewhere....well anyway for those who are wondering, here is the original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2tWwHOXMhI Great Song, in fact, all the music recently has be great!
Thank you! So who will be the first to say "Ponies!" ou "Project Horizons!" in the video comentaries? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 779695502

First of all - how fucking weird, I've heard this song recently too O___O
Also

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 64684025 [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 64684025 [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 64684025
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasu Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Rafafidi wrote:
Thank you! So who will be the first to say "Ponies!" ou "Project Horizons!" in the video comentaries? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 779695502

First of all - how fucking weird, I've heard this song recently too O___O
Also

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 64684025 [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 64684025 [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 64684025

Many thanks Kipper!

Karasu
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:58 pm

You're welcome.
You might also notice the newest comment, if you don't have linkify.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Another awesome chapter!

No long commentary from me, one, I don't feel qualified, two, I've already read everyone else's so I wouldn't consider it my own opinions, but I will make these comments:

Finally some info on Luna, she's been portrayed in far too good of a light, I hope we get to find out the truth about her, quick comparison to the original Fallout: Equestria: in FO:E, the pre-war figures had a couple of dark secrets each, while in PH everyone (by everyone, I mean someone who has had been in atleast two chapters) has atleast three dark secrets, whether acquired during the story or before it started, so I'm waiting for the dark secrets on Luna

The song was totally awesome!

now they have even more of a time limit...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:31 pm

swicked wrote:...how long does it take you guys that just stay up to read it?
'Cause I read as slow as heck and it takes me days to get through one... and double that if I try and do a reading commentary of it o_o

Usually takes me 2 hours at most 3 for a chapter this size.

Of course, I have been conditioned for extreme chapter lengths. So you know.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Sindri wrote:Yes, small islands and launch facilities. Not zebra cities, cropland, or significant regions. Celestia One did not destroy the zebra lands, just their most dangerous military facilities. It was Equestria's greatest defensive megaspell, but it was not what destroyed their civilian populations.
Maybe we have different definitions, but I call sinking entire islands "widespread damage".

swicked wrote:Again, was there ever any description of the rest of the planet going dark, or at least dim, for moments at a time while the thing fired? Because anyone not in the know might have been freaked out a bit by that.
I don't think it should. I mean, does a balefire megaspell make the surrounding area freeze over? It's not just focusing existing solar energy; the whole point of a megaspell is to pump vast amounts of energy into an existing spell. I think it needs the sunlight as a link back to the sun rather than acting directly on the light that enters the casting chamber or for targeting information.

swicked wrote:Yup. Twilight complained that it was a ridiculous thing to rely on for defense since all the zebra had to wait for was a cloudy day.
To which I always wondered why they couldn't just wait until nightfall, since those happen far more frequently...
She did mention that.
"I can’t tell the Princess that the only defense we have against those missiles can be defeated by a cloudy day. What if the zebras decide to attack us at night?"

O. Hinds wrote:47, it is up!
*GASP!* It's been up ALL DAY and I didn't realize it! :woops:

swicked wrote:...how long does it take you guys that just stay up to read it?
'Cause I read as slow as heck and it takes me days to get through one... and double that if I try and do a reading commentary of it o_o
It usually takes me about 4 hours, if I'm writing commentary. If I don't, I can go much faster.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:16 pm

Um... hope I don't sound snarky, but I can read one of my chapters in about 30-40 minutes....
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:29 pm

And thus Somber gains another level of God-dom. And no, I don't think it sounds snarky at all.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Somber wrote:Um... hope I don't sound snarky, but I can read one of my chapters in about 30-40 minutes....
I'd say, and I'm not an expert, you don't necessarily need to reinterpret what you read, since you wrote the chapter. Not only that, but without a hypothetical transporter/time machine, you couldn't have not read what you've written without reading it before.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:01 pm

(ONE BAD JOKE AND A SLAPPED-TOGETHER PHOTOSHOP JOB LATER...)
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 BJpiss

Last edited by RoboRed on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Thoughts on chapter time. Sadly, want to do this without seeing others' comments, so might cover that later.

Spoiler:

And the editing-related stuff.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Icy Shake on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatting, mostly. Also the BG meme.)
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:02 pm

@Icy Shake:
Thank you as always for the error-spotting.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:27 pm

O. Hinds wrote:@Icy Shake:
Thank you as always for the error-spotting.

You're welcome.
Regarding the "time taken to read chapter" discussion: a fair amount of the time I spend "reading" is related to looking up stuff the chapter makes me think of, like finding the referenced comic and speech, or figuring out if things that seem odd might actually be errors or if I just have a narrow sense of style and usage. If my inability to focus can help somebody else out, well, that's at least some consolation.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:20 am

Somber wrote:Um... hope I don't sound snarky, but I can read one of my chapters in about 30-40 minutes....

Wow that is fast. If I buckle down and focus (so no jumping for joy, pumping my fist, screaming incoherently, laughing, making vocal commentary, or suddenly start pacing about muttering as my mind starts processing new thoughts and ideas) I can probably manage an hour per chapter. This chapter added another 30 minutes due to my typing up commentary/reactions as I went (and I was pretty close to delirious with sleep deprivation).

Seriously though, 30-40 minutes!? Somber, the speed with which you write chapters (and read them) prove beyond a doubt that you are a machine. I salute thee.
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:32 am

Forty minutes as I average about a page per minute. But thirty minutes? Your reading ahead since you already know what's happening in your mind. That would be my reading speed after reading a story five or more times.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:36 am

Cptadder wrote:
Forty minutes as I average about a page per minute. But thirty minutes? Your reading ahead since you already know what's happening in your mind. That would be my reading speed after reading a story five or more times.
Being familiar with the material would definitely effect the speed.
It took me 5-4 1/2 hours to write the commentary and read the chapter, with interruptions.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next