Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+48
Rboy474
Mech
Caoimhe
Snipehamster
Mister Nikel
Valikdu
Moodyman90
Karasu
Nightshy
NoodleNugget
Salculd
Jeremyrush
Ki-Tarn
jacky2734
Aonee
Vergil
Theta
Stringtheory
Mikas
Scyto Harmony
Rafafidi
Ametros
hawkeye92
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
Somber
CamoBadger
RoboRed
MrMagma
Katarn
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Quotidian
Kippershy
RandomBlank
Sindri
Scootayay
Kattlarv
SilentCarto
Cptadder
FeatherDust
Admiral Stoic Rum
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Ketchup
52 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Katarn Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:49 am

Um...I meant Cptadder, but you're awesome too Coo
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:50 am

Apologies, I am used to taking credit for everything. Mother taught me well.

Anyway now we can discuss how it feels to live in a post-Project Horizons custom group world.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:54 am

There isn't green all over the place anymore, that's for sure.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:55 am

Caiomhe wrote:Anyway now we can discuss how it feels to live in a post-Project Horizons custom group world.
Curiously enough? Exactly like it felt to live in a pre-Project Horizons custom group world. Except a little hungrier. brb, dinner.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ki-Tarn Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:46 am

ketchup504 wrote:PS: We need more starfighter sims. Freelancer is a great game.
On a similar note:
Any games that anyone knows of where you command a singular, capital-class ship? I have yet to find many. They usually either put you with multiple large ships or a few/one little ships. [/quote]

For a space sim with Cap ships I'd recommend the X2 and X3 games by Egosoft. How many caps you own is up to you as you can buy them from the various shipyards or use a script package to cheat them in. They are a Germany based company and sell both hardcopy and on Steam. They also support mods and scripts from their forums and with the X3: Terran Conflict game a good number of the ship models were made for the X3: Reunion game that they hired the modders for the later game.

http://www.egosoft.com/community/news_en.php
Ki-Tarn
Ki-Tarn
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Alistair
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 am

Ah, no more green. It appears that all of us were cured of whatever illness we contracted.

Praise Somber! For it is He who has banished this illness from our bodies and our souls!

iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:49 am

Ki-Tarn wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:PS: We need more starfighter sims. Freelancer is a great game.
On a similar note:
Any games that anyone knows of where you command a singular, capital-class ship? I have yet to find many. They usually either put you with multiple large ships or a few/one little ships.

For a space sim with Cap ships I'd recommend the X2 and X3 games by Egosoft. How many caps you own is up to you as you can buy them from the various shipyards or use a script package to cheat them in. They are a Germany based company and sell both hardcopy and on Steam. They also support mods and scripts from their forums and with the X3: Terran Conflict game a good number of the ship models were made for the X3: Reunion game that they hired the modders for the later game.

http://www.egosoft.com/community/news_en.php

I'm not sure if it's quite what you are looking for, as I guess I would classify it as more of a party game than an individual simulator, but I liked Artemis. It's pretty simple, but a good way to spend some time with friends. Also, it's free/pay by donation.

Last edited by Icy Shake on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Problem with quotes)
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:35 am

Icy Shake wrote:
I'm not sure if it's quite what you are looking for, as I guess I would classify it as more of a party game than an individual simulator, but I liked Artemis. It's pretty simple, but a good way to spend some time with friends. Also, it's free/pay by donation.
It wasn't what I was looking for, but I found it after Kattlarv mentioned it.

I'll look at X2, my brother has it in his Steam pile.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:47 am

ketchup504 wrote:Any games that anyone knows of where you command a singular, capital-class ship? I have yet to find many. They usually either put you with multiple large ships or a few/one little ships.
...Star Control 2/The Ur-Quan Masters? Shy
Sort of, anyway. That one's free, too, and while it's not exactly a "sim", it's one of the best games of all time. Be sure you install the voice and remix packs. (Since I can't remember whether or not I've pimped that game out in the PH thread yet.)
The one problem is that, due to copyright issues, they don't have permission to put in the 3DO intro and ending videos, so you're stuck with the original PC slideshows. But you can probably figure out when to watch each one. Lyra I recommend both versions, really -- each has its own charm.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:25 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:Any games that anyone knows of where you command a singular, capital-class ship? I have yet to find many. They usually either put you with multiple large ships or a few/one little ships.
...Star Control 2/The Ur-Quan Masters? Shy
Sort of, anyway. That one's free, too, and while it's not exactly a "sim", it's one of the best games of all time. Be sure you install the voice and remix packs. (Since I can't remember whether or not I've pimped that game out in the PH thread yet.)
The one problem is that, due to copyright issues, they don't have permission to put in the 3DO intro and ending videos, so you're stuck with the original PC slideshows. But you can probably figure out when to watch each one. Lyra I recommend both versions, really -- each has its own charm.
I'm looking into it, thanks. It's old, but I've go older games I enjoy a lot.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:19 pm

@Controlling a capital ship
There's always Star Trek: Bridge Commander! It's damn hard to find a copy (or was when I set out to buy it), but the game is really fun, has some great mods, and the graphics for the actual ship-to-ship fights aren't half bad (IIRC). The characters on the bridge itself are, well... dated, to say the least, but recreating the Battle of Wolf 359 was really cool. That, and sawing Cardassian ships in half with well-placed phasers. And flying inside a Romulan warbird with a Defiant and nuking their warp core (this is actually kinda hard to do).

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Ok, tried The Ur-Quan Masters...
I died very quickly the first time because of some probe thing that could easily outmaneuver me.
Second time, I managed to upgrade my ship and get some progress... then the probe killed me again.
Didn't save.
:C
Fun game though.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:13 pm

After a day of reflection I think I'll pay to have a small marker put up in the south east corner of the estate to reflect our tragic loss yesterday, and every year on the anniversary we can all gather round and share memories.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Tombstone1

And I nearly lost power twice now, love the rate, hate the fact only my computer is on an UPS and not my router.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:01 pm

Cptadder wrote:After a day of reflection I think I'll pay to have a small marker put up in the south east corner of the estate to reflect our tragic loss yesterday, and every year on the anniversary we can all gather round and share memories.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Tombstone1

And I nearly lost power twice now, love the rate, hate the fact only my computer is on an UPS and not my router.

Queue Somber and company all standing in front of the grave saluting something akin to the ending cutscenes of those Metal Gear Solid games.

I will now visualize Somber with an eye-patch and bandana from here on in, no exceptions.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:31 pm

ketchup504 wrote:Ok, tried The Ur-Quan Masters...
I died very quickly the first time because of some probe thing that could easily outmaneuver me.
Second time, I managed to upgrade my ship and get some progress... then the probe killed me again.
Didn't save.
Fun game though.
that alien probe sounds kinda anal...

iLateralGX wrote:
I will now visualize Somber with an eye-patch and bandana from here on in, no exceptions.

ouch, my headcanon!
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Man I fell behind 5 pages. I don't know why but I seem to attract this "Life" thing despite never having one in the first place.

Psalm: Discussed to death. I'm not beating the dead pony.

PH Group: Hey guys I'm ba- *sees headstone* okay what happened and how do I find a time machine to see it happen?

Games: PC MASTER RACE. I enjoy being able to play games without having to worry about losing all my controllers (the two I had, the two my friends/family gave me, and the one I bought. I think I might have a controller stealing boggart in my house).

@Caliomhe: Any other psychological analyses you want to share? My curiosity has been awoken.

OAN: PRAISE SOMBER!
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Didn't save.
Fun game though.

Most annoying ship to fight and play, also most fun. You might want to check a guide on those buggers. They're von neuman something-or-others and will self-replicate ad infinitum if you don't stop them.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Mikas wrote:
@Caliomhe: Any other psychological analyses you want to share? My curiosity has been awoken.

Definitely once something I can think of comes my way. Currently we have dreadful thunderstorms here so I have a lot of time to postulate bizarre theories instead of working!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Caiomhe wrote:
Mikas wrote:

Definitely once something I can think of comes my way. Currently we have dreadful thunderstorms here so I have a lot of time to postulate bizarre theories instead of working!
Seriously, I had lightning strike at least two times just outside my house. It was really, really loud, and to be honest rather terrifying.

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Didn't save.
Fun game though.
The Probes are something of a bitch in the early game. It's usually best not use your flagship in combat until you've upgraded and configured it into a real battlewagon, or at LEAST until you've got a full compliment of thrusters and turning jets. Instead, either use your warp escape device to run away (Esc), or get really good at knocking out Probes with an Earthling Cruiser or Fwiffo's ship. Either way takes some skill, but the Eluder can often trick a Probe into chasing it and lay waste with its rear-launched missiles. And unlike the Cruiser, it's fast enough to break contact when necessary.

Just realize: a Probe gives you 550 RU in salvage when you kill it. A Cruiser costs 1100 RU. If you can't take down at least two probes for each ship you lose, you're better off running.*

*Unless you're at Bingo fuel.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Seriously, I had lightning strike at least two times just outside my house. It was really, really loud, and to be honest rather terrifying.
That was a Slylandro Probe. Spike

Last edited by SilentCarto on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:21 pm

So, I was browsing youtube, and I just discovered this song :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eF0vO24m8o

Princess Addictia - Hush Now

From the description :

" The inspiration for this track came from Fallout Equestria Project
Horizons. Everyone who read the story will know which scene this is
dedicated to.
"

Not the best song from Addictia by his own judgment, but I wanted to share it with you guys.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:40 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
I sold the cruiser I started with, and Fwiffo's. My weapons aren't powerful enough to fight anything and the crew always ends up slaughtered by lightning strikes and landing in earthquakes. It took me a while to realize that crew=HP. Thanks for telling me how to use the escape device, I never found out how.
Glad I started saving the game, it is much more enjoyable.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Princess Addictia - Hush Now

Quiet for Dubstep, but still too loud for the scene. It does, however, convince me that you could convey that emotion with dubstep style sounds- I just don't dig the jive that's been laid down here.

Song in general, though, I liked.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 am

Hi guys!

I got nuthin important to say but I thought it would be nice of me if I did reaffirm my continued existance
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:31 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Hi guys!

I got nuthin important to say but I thought it would be nice of me if I did reaffirm my continued existance

He lives! Your absence was actually pretty noticeable. First thing I thought when I saw you were the last to post was 'been a while.' Haven't been nearly enough rants recently. Katt can only do so much!
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am

Welcome back to confirmed existence!
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:28 am

ketchup504 wrote:

*gasp!* You know what this calls for? Pinkie Pie
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:32 am

I was wondering, where his admiralty gone...
Me, for a while ----> Why is the Rum gone?

Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:22 am

RoboRed wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:

*gasp!* You know what this calls for? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 1072848288
A PARTY!
Health Warning:
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/27550469360

I need to draw more Boo... it's been far too long.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:27 am

@Cpt: I doubt they have "pony church", but who knows xP But I have to say I am pondering what exactly made her flip... then again, I could see Golden all scrunchy face going "Hey, by the way Psalm, Luna wanted me to tell you she doesn't forgive you for anyone you've killed, in fact, she's blaming you for the death of Mac since you weren't watching out for enemy snipers. But! If you go on this assassination mission, that she totally wants you to do, she will totally forgive you!" *Scuncyface* okay yeah, maybe a tad exaggerated, but going with what some have fallen for in the past, I don't see it as impossible xD Then again, it might be left as another either a "left for imagination, but the reason is totally there and logical" or "will be thrown at you with an explanation later as a twist or surprise". (and as said: how religious can you actually be when your Goddess is chilling around and eating cake xP)

@Somber: You know, quite many unicorns only seem to have TK as their "magic". Many talents wouldn't require much more. Also, if you'd place Psalm anywhere else, her backstory wouldn't apply, since if she wasn't born an orphan (ha, that wording doesn't make sense technically, but literally/theoretically it could actually xD) during the war, she wouldn't have had the same settings. Heck, if I'd been born with other expectations or environment, or even male, I'd likely be vastly different. But if magically teleported to stable 2 200 years later, then yes, they might have been friends, the likely somewhat sad, yet really cute type.

(Psalm's cutie mark) ... okay, forgive me guys, but just being immature here: "My cutie mark story? Well, we were going to try this funny thing we heard about, so we got a bowl of beans for dinner, and then we lighted this candle..." (why are you still sleep addled brain? We had a good long rest xD)

@Swicked: (dito) So... technically, her talent is carrying on as long as no-one bother her the slightest and blows it out or interferes with it in any (stronger) way? Since if prodded at, her faith would flicker in theory.

@EP: (will make this my new short for "everypony". : Group) We survived the PH forums, and all we got was this deleted group? xP Also, this reminds me a bit of when we were swapping guild in a game, we made a guy named Bob guild leader, and during his short reign, he lost all members and got the guild disbanded xD

@Cai: (credit) Isn't that technically "taught me bad" in this case? Since well, it's technically not a good trait to hog credit for stuff, at least not morally :P

@iLat: (Somber) *Smacks with spatula* She. If you are referring to the author.

@Rum: Where have you been man? I can only pull so much random shits and giggles out of my head before it fizzles, the vagina song did nothing! Nothing I say! xD

@EP: Hum... I was supposed to say something... but prolly best for everyone that I forgot it. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 3007958872
I however an on my... fourth? Fifth? day of surviving home along. So far managed to retrieve the mail, neglect my gecko, dispose of a chips tube half filled with suspicious fluids along with trash, fail to plan stuff, forget my wallet and look really stupid, luckily I knew the cashier, managed to sleep properly for one day and avoided getting a charge of indecent exposure. (although, got a long talking to.) So...yeah... good week so far [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 4206338362
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next