Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+61
cb5
ARoundCorner
Warbalist
Walker006
U_Flame
Plasticube
Mister Nikel
Ametros
thatguyvex
nebulous
Regolit
MLPOCG
Retl
Cptadder
CamoBadger
Katarn
maxuglov169
delorean
Boing
FoolNeim
Mobius04
Tacoman587
tylertoon2
WovenTales
Luminous Lead
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Aonee
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
Snipehamster
Train Dodger
Mr. Snrub
squeak-anon
Leoman
Moodyman90
Caoimhe
hawkeye92
Quotidian
CD
Downloaded Skill
The Holy Tuna
Overthepacific
Valikdu
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Ketchup
AGurdel
jacky2734
Admiral Stoic Rum
Vergil
WavemasterRyx
Derpmind
OneMoreDaySK
Somber
Exodus Hero
Meleagridis
O. Hinds
Sindri
Icy Shake
SilentCarto
65 posters

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Train Dodger wrote:
Kippershy wrote:We ALL know that Blackjack is the biggest Mary Sue in the Fallout-verse and only second to the Marty Stu of Goldenblood.

This essay sums up my opinion on that ridiculous label.
Thank you. That term just makes me grit my teeth into nothing with the way it's constantly thrown around.

WavemasterRyx wrote:You fiend!
Your punishment shall be swift and painful!

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Tumblr_inline_mkr961oSxQ1r0tgmu
Suuuuuuuffer!
Boo...as flan?

*DIABEETUSHNNGGG*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Stringtheory Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:52 pm

stringtheory wrote:That's horrible! Death from adorableness is one of the worst ways to go, I've heard you get diabetes then suffer a heart attack.
RoboRed wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Tumblr_inline_mkr961oSxQ1r0tgmu
Suuuuuuuffer!
Boo...as flan?

*DIABEETUSHNNGGG*
my point is proved
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:57 pm

Train Dodger wrote:I started thinking of ways to add some dimension to his character, and I happened upon a rather strange and creepy concept. You know how pre-war Equestria perfected memory modification techniques, right? What if some of the memory orbs of Goldenblood were from ponies who had their memories altered by the OIA or some other entity? Wouldn't it be freaky as shit if Blackjack found a memory orb that showed another perspective on an event where she previously saw Goldenblood through another pony's eyes in a different memory orb, except this time, he wasn't there? Or some other pony was in his place? That would raise some rather alarming questions. What if Goldenblood is, himself, a convenient piece of fiction? A cover identity and/or scapegoat for a much larger organization?
Oooh. Or what if his flip-flop behavior is because the memory orbs we're seeing were extractions? The Goddess is a monster because she removes any part of herself that makes her doubt her own actions. What would that make Goldie if he removed the memories of doing things he felt bad about? It would sure explain the number of incriminating memory orbs he's left laying around...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Oh dear.

There's going to be some discussions about that.
/me grab popcorns
Nah, I think we already knew that. At the very least, Goldie and Horse-and-or-Garnet were working at cross-purposes, and Garnet got double-crossed by someone who may or may not have been Horse when it came to the Redoubt.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:What if there were more than one "Goldenblood" ? Fooled You
Oh, shit. Mind blown.

Well, now, hang on, Somber started this story before the changeling episodes ev--
Harmony Ltd. wrote:In a world were Project Chimera existed... Well, wouldn't it be handy to have clones of some of your highest officials ?...
Oh, shit. Why

Oh. Shit.

Meleagridis wrote:No- P-21, Deus, Goldenblood... it's all an illusion. Real ponies playing parts to keep a fragile mind in tact.

Blackjack is the changeling.
"The Melancholy of Go Fish"?

WavemasterRyx wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Tumblr_inline_mkr961oSxQ1r0tgmu
Suuuuuuuffer!
Is... is that flan?

WavemasterRyx wrote:Ah yes, it is flan Boo, she gives you two types of diabetes.
*dead*

WavemasterRyx wrote:It was just so I could tell Meleagridis "Exactly as flanned." in response to a message on tumblr, heh.
*double dead*
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:37 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Tumblr_inline_mkr961oSxQ1r0tgmu
Suuuuuuuffer!

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DOOOOOONE?
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:40 pm

Vergil wrote:

Suuuuuuuffer!
WHAT HAS SCIENCE DOOOOOONE?
I don't know, but it's adorable.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:57 pm

well, it looks like this thread has been de-railed on account of Flan-Boo
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 65f85265_Derailed-train
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:01 am

stringtheory wrote:well, it looks like this thread has been de-railed on account of Flan-Boo
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 65f85265_Derailed-train
I'm ok with this.

@Wavey
:D Yay!

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:25 am

stringtheory wrote:well, it looks like this thread has been de-railed on account of Flan-Boo
I think we're all gleefully jumping for the derail after that unpleasantness.

GERONIMOOOOO!
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:32 am

I certainly don't mind.

Not helped that I can't help but picture Flan Boo there being like an adorable race of brain slugs like in Futurama.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:45 am

RoboRed wrote:Thank you. That term just makes me grit my teeth into nothing with the way it's constantly thrown around.
---
Boo...as flan?
*DIABEETUSHNNGGG*
Yeah, as far as 'legitimate criticism' goes, I think that term has become so badly overused that it's lost pretty much any validity. I do still using it when joking around sometimes though.

*giggles softly* I'm glad you like flan Boo, Robo. And I'm sorry for killing you.
SilentCarto wrote:Is... is that flan?
---
*dead*
---
*double dead*
I'm sorry for killing you too, Silent. *hugs*
Ketchup wrote:
Vergil wrote:WHAT HAS SCIENCE DOOOOOONE?
I don't know, but it's adorable.
Heh, well thank you, Ketchup.
Maybe I should practice my evil scientist laugh instead of practicing apologizing like Priest.
Oops... did I do that?...
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:I'm ok with this.

@Wavey
:D Yay!
*giggles softly* Well thank you, OAC. <3
SilentCarto wrote:I think we're all gleefully jumping for the derail after that unpleasantness.

GERONIMOOOOO!
Okay... well maybe it was just the tiniest bit intentional...
However, I must say that some of the wild speculation about Goldenblood is very interesting, particularly about how he may have cloned himself, or wiped some of his own memories. Very interesting stuff to think about, even if it isn't true.
Moodyman90 wrote:I certainly don't mind.

Not helped that I can't help but picture Flan Boo there being like an adorable race of brain slugs like in Futurama.
Heh, thank you too. Hmm... squishy flan brain slug? The Wasteland would be doomed.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:53 am

>.>

A week lurking and this is where we're at. Might want to rerail this thing before it shifts into the chat thread.

Ok, I have a question: How do you all suppose that Psalm got Alicorn Dipped? Did she just try to an hero into the goo, did someone shove her into it, or did an alicorn drag her into it after some other hero left her for dead after fatally wounding her?

P.S.
@Ryx
Very cute, as usual. <3 Nom Nom Nom.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:08 am

Well, my personal theory about Psalm, which has changed since the past chapter, is that she decided that Twilight was the next, best target on her list and she ended up as one of the first alicorns.

Only other one I got is that she nearly succumbed to radiation sickness while on the way and an alicorn found her, picked her up, and threw her in a vat.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:19 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:>.>

A week lurking and this is where we're at. Might want to rerail this thing before it shifts into the chat thread.

Ok, I have a question: How do you all suppose that Psalm got Alicorn Dipped? Did she just try to an hero into the goo, did someone shove her into it, or did an alicorn drag her into it after some other hero left her for dead after fatally wounding her?

P.S.
@Ryx
I always figured she did it willingly as some kind of penance or something. *shrug* I haven't given it that much thought.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:30 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:A week lurking and this is where we're at. Might want to rerail this thing before it shifts into the chat thread.

Ok, I have a question: How do you all suppose that Psalm got Alicorn Dipped?

P.S.
@Ryx
Heh, thank you. Well, I think the most likely situation where Psalm was turned was either that she went to Splendid Valley to make sure Twilight had been killed after seeing an alicorn and realizing the facility hadn't been destroyed, or an alicorn finding her in a half-dead state from radiation poisoning. Being a unicorn, they would have wanted her anyways, but certainly an offering of acceptance from a figure that looked like Luna would have appealed to her.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:13 am

Well, assuming Psalm were to try to follow her assasination orders (which she knew were bogus at the time so it's quite unlikely), I could probably see her joining unity to try killing Twilight from within. Now, regardless of whether or not Unity tried to get her in the first place (she would be a loyal servant, after all), I'm pretty sure Unity doesn't want Psalm now. They probably didn't have a way to get rid of her properly and pretty much shoved her entirety into the Lacunae entity (the word Lacuna can mean extended musical silence, or a missing piece of text).

Seems like Lacunae couldn't really stand her either and further delegated to Blackjack. Desiring punishment certainly explains the Masochism that she displayed in front of the zebra concentration camp turret, not to mention that BDSM thing she has going on with Glory now.

By the way, I just need to say that I really loved the revisions to the end of Chapter 54. Having Blackjack rally at the Scotch-harem comment was great, and a good throwback to 33. Her greatest strengths emerge when she's fighting to protect another. Regardless of the monster she may become, despite the star contamination in her soul, she's still Security.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:11 am

I'mma just leave this here.

Surgeon General's Warning - may contain awesomeness, 3-d ponies, or tree nuts:

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Ok, I have a question: How do you all suppose that Psalm got Alicorn Dipped? Did she just try to an hero into the goo, did someone shove her into it, or did an alicorn drag her into it after some other hero left her for dead after fatally wounding her?
I figure she went willingly. The Goddess promised her redemption and/or making the pain go away, and she jumped at the chance.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:06 am

SilentCarto wrote:I'mma just leave this here.

Surgeon General's Warning:

Howee crap. :O

That's the best P-21 reaction.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:22 am

@Page 9:
I was laughing the whole way through that. Beautiful. It was funny with just the rampant mass guessing, but then we were visited by a certain Flantasm.

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Ah yes, it is flan Boo, she gives you two types of diabetes. It was just so I could tell Meleagridis "Exactly as flanned." in response to a message on tumblr, heh.
Feel so special! And frightened, because that came just five days after a flan-related visual pun-off at work. We've still got a stack of flan gags in the crew room.

OneMoreDaySK wrote:

I kind of want to see Valley Dogs there. Only somewhat related, I know, but my thoughts have already been said (went after Twilight).

A little:
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:35 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Oh, shit. Mind blown.

Well, now, hang on, Somber started this story before the changeling episodes ev--
Harmony Ltd. wrote:In a world were Project Chimera existed... Well, wouldn't it be handy to have clones of some of your highest officials ?...
Oh, shit. Why

Oh. Shit.
Ever wondered how a single pony somehow managed to get his hand into pretty much every noteworthy conspiracies in Equestria ? He's a chessmaster, but he can't be everywhere at once, and even he has to sleep sometimes.

Or does he ? Applebloom
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:04 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:
Oh, shit. Mind blown.

Oh, shit. Why

Oh. Shit.
Ever wondered how a single pony somehow managed to get his hand into pretty much every noteworthy conspiracies in Equestria ? He's a chessmaster, but he can't be everywhere at once, and even he has to sleep sometimes.

Or does he ? Applebloom
...For some strange, strange reason, I've just had mental images of an office sitcom where all of the characters are clones of Goldenblood.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:06 pm

And now I'm imagining it made in Dilbert's style.

With Luna as the Pointy Haired Boss.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Well, my personal theory about Psalm, which has changed since the past chapter, is that she decided that Twilight was the next, best target on her list and she ended up as one of the first alicorns.

Only other one I got is that she nearly succumbed to radiation sickness while on the way and an alicorn found her, picked her up, and threw her in a vat.

Interesting point. Up to now I was figuring she went to Maripony to kill Twilight as part of Partypooper and stumbled into the early days of the Goddess, but as of the chapter before last, we know she already knew Partypooper was a lie.

Huh.

Maybe she went there not to kill Twilight but to protect or join her. Psalm's princesses is dead, her mission is a lie...maybe she's left trying to find somebody worthy of devotion, even if they are merely mortal.

Or proper execution. She's steeped in unforgivable sins by then, what can she do but admit her role in everything and hope for a proper death? Suicide isn't good enough; she can't repent unless she freely admits what she did. She murdered Big Macintosh, and even if Twilight doesn't remember the relationship, she was at least his friend. She killed Pinkie Pie, and if not for her tampering, the shield would probably have survived the subsequent bomb. Twilight may be the one possibly living pony most harmed by Psalm, and therefore the one she should give her life to - whatever Twilight chooses to do with that life afterward.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:05 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Well, my personal theory about Psalm, which has changed since the past chapter, is that she decided that Twilight was the next, best target on her list and she ended up as one of the first alicorns.

Interesting point. Up to now I was figuring she went to Maripony to kill Twilight as part of Partypooper and stumbled into the early days of the Goddess, but as of the chapter before last, we know she already knew Partypooper was a lie.

Huh.

Maybe she went there not to kill Twilight but to protect or join her. Psalm's princesses is dead, her mission is a lie...maybe she's left trying to find somebody worthy of devotion, even if they are merely mortal.

Or proper execution. She's steeped in unforgivable sins by then, what can she do but admit her role in everything and hope for a proper death? Suicide isn't good enough; she can't repent unless she freely admits what she did. She murdered Big Macintosh, and even if Twilight doesn't remember the relationship, she was at least his friend. She killed Pinkie Pie, and if not for her tampering, the shield would probably have survived the subsequent bomb. Twilight may be the one possibly living pony most harmed by Psalm, and therefore the one she should give her life to - whatever Twilight chooses to do with that life afterward.

That would explain why she would be devoted to Blackjack, Twilight and Big Mac's legacy.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:15 pm

FeatherDust wrote:Twilight may be the one possibly living pony most harmed by Psalm, and therefore the one she should give her life to - whatever Twilight chooses to do with that life afterward.
Interesting... and the best penance she could find was to carry Twilight's unpleasant feelings in the worst shithole in the Wasteland.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:55 pm

SilentCarto wrote:I'mma just leave this here.

Surgeon General's Warning - may contain awesomeness, 3-d ponies, or tree nuts:
That's awesome. The artist even used the model of the X-66 Mammoth for Deus! Rainbow
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Remarkably, I'm only horrified by Blackjack, and a little bit by Rampage in that picture. That's a pretty low ratio for 3-D ponies, at least for me.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:47 pm

I like how Rampage's model is very obviously a barely modified Pinkie Pie model.

Quick question : are her eyes supposed to be surrounded by red ? I wasn't under that impression myself.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Quick question : are her eyes supposed to be surrounded by red ? I wasn't under that impression myself.
As far as I was aware, no. At least, she's never looked like that when I've drawn her...

I guess a lot of other artists seem to think so though (like this), or tend to give her red eye shadow... But then, most other artists don't braid her tail either.

Edit: Oh, I guess dotrook's version had it... and since his is the officially backed appearance then yeah, I guess that is how her eyes are supposed to look. Double oh... the title picture has her that way too...
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Overthepacific Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Did this thread really fall off of the latest topics for two whole days? Weird.

Well, to attempt a revive, it might have been talked about before, but I'm curious.

What was every ones favorite part of the story?

Spoiler:
Overthepacific
Overthepacific
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 30

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next