Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+61
cb5
ARoundCorner
Warbalist
Walker006
U_Flame
Plasticube
Mister Nikel
Ametros
thatguyvex
nebulous
Regolit
MLPOCG
Retl
Cptadder
CamoBadger
Katarn
maxuglov169
delorean
Boing
FoolNeim
Mobius04
Tacoman587
tylertoon2
WovenTales
Luminous Lead
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Aonee
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
Snipehamster
Train Dodger
Mr. Snrub
squeak-anon
Leoman
Moodyman90
Caoimhe
hawkeye92
Quotidian
CD
Downloaded Skill
The Holy Tuna
Overthepacific
Valikdu
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Ketchup
AGurdel
jacky2734
Admiral Stoic Rum
Vergil
WavemasterRyx
Derpmind
OneMoreDaySK
Somber
Exodus Hero
Meleagridis
O. Hinds
Sindri
Icy Shake
SilentCarto
65 posters

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Overthepacific wrote:Did this thread really fall off of the latest topics for two whole days? Weird.

Well, to attempt a revive, it might have been talked about before, but I'm curious.

What was every ones favorite part of the story?

Spoiler:
Both of those are good scenes that I managed to retain fairly well.

I'd say one of my favourite parts was the screaming room. That's one that stuck with me.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Overthepacific Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Ketchup wrote:Both of those are good scenes that I managed to retain fairly well.

I'd say one of my favourite parts was the screaming room. That's one that stuck with me.

I think I remember someone calling it the choir room or something. Maybe it was mech.

I think that's what ended up making the scene with steel rain so powerful in the end.

Spoiler:
Overthepacific
Overthepacific
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 30

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:14 pm

Overthepacific wrote:
Ketchup wrote:Both of those are good scenes that I managed to retain fairly well.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Overthepacific Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Ketchup wrote:
Spoiler:

I think that was more from her using folly so much, and how else would you kill a megaspell chamber full of melted screaming ponies? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 995914302
Overthepacific
Overthepacific
Earth Pony

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:38 pm

Overthepacific wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Spoiler:
I think that was more from her using folly so much, and how else would you kill a megaspell chamber full of melted screaming ponies? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 995914302
I was talking about Rampage, she re-assured Blackjack by saying she had been mutated before. IF that's the right scene.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Yeah, the (first) Death of Deus was really good. The Geminis were pretty great, and their deaths made me legitimately sad even though they'd been villains in that scenario.

I would have loved to see more out of them, but it felt right for Mini to give herself up to put an end to a real monster.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:20 pm

I think some of the best, for me, were Blackjack's scene leading up to and at Star Point, and her reunion with Rampage and Glory in chapters 23 and 25, respectively, and the end of chapter 33. Psalm dreams place very highly as well, particularly the one at the orphanage.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Overthepacific wrote:Did this thread really fall off of the latest topics for two whole days? Weird.
We were all silently going for a new academy record for longest lull in PH discussion. We were only 40 minutes away! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 2276801876

In trying to remember what parts I liked the most, I opened up the hub page and took a browse through the chapters.
Spoiler:
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Overthepacific wrote:
Spoiler:
Like Ketchup said, she was accompanied by Rampage during that scene, and Rampage "dispatched" the room by blasting the room (and herself in the process) with an explosive mix of gases ignited by a shotgun blast. Can't remember if the gases came from bottles or talismans - they were in what had been a laboratory.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Overthepacific Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:37 pm

Derpmind wrote:
We were all silently going for a new academy record for longest lull in PH discussion. We were only 40 minutes away! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 2276801876

Well hell, I'll just keep my mouth shut next time.

FeatherDust wrote:Yeah, the (first) Death of Deus was really good. The Geminis were pretty great, and their deaths made me legitimately sad even though they'd been villains in that scenario.

I would have loved to see more out of them, but it felt right for Mini to give herself up to put an end to a real monster.

Yeah, both of their deaths were pretty brutal. In a damn wall? That had to hurt.
Overthepacific
Overthepacific
Earth Pony

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Well, to attempt a revive, it might have been talked about before, but I'm curious.

Spoiler:
Probably still that bilingual sign back in 42 for me, I think. PH has a great many quite good points, but that was one single, simple moment of the joy of discovery.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by WovenTales Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:37 pm

Icy Shake wrote:I think some of the best, for me, were Blackjack's scene leading up to and at Star Point, and her reunion with Rampage and Glory in chapters 23 and 25, respectively, and the end of chapter 33. Psalm dreams place very highly as well, particularly the one at the orphanage.
I'll agree with all of these, especially finishing 33 and the orphanage dream. However, I'd say that the scene that has stuck with me the most is PLAY, especially that damn jack-in-the-box. Strangely, even more than the foals and the song. I think that might actually be the first time I've ever "audibly" sworn. I'm usually a bit like Murky.
WovenTales
WovenTales
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by The Holy Tuna Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:53 pm

Favourite moments for myself would be Happyhorn and Yellow River. Happyhorn was a nice change of pace, and safeties-off Blackjack makes the best battle scenes. The earlier Psalm dreams (when she was just a nameless soldier on her mission) are up there as well, though.
The Holy Tuna
The Holy Tuna
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 3

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:02 pm

The chamber of the taint addled ponies was an incredibly striking moment. Anytime when Blackjack gets drunk and goes on a rampage.

But my absolute favorite has to be when Scotch gets her cutie mark, actually any good moment between them. Absolutely wonderful and daww inducing.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tacoman587 Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:49 pm

I wonder what would happen if Blackjack read MN7. I'm pretty sure filly might be shut down in a week.

Also, what does IIRC mean?
Tacoman587
Tacoman587
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Tacoman587 wrote:I wonder what would happen if Blackjack read MN7. I'm pretty sure filly might be shut down in a week.

If I Recall/Remember Correctly
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:00 am

Tacoman587 wrote:I wonder what would happen if Blackjack read MN7. I'm pretty sure filly might be shut down in a week.

THE MYSTERIOUS TACO IS POSTING! A GLORIOUS DAY IT IS.

I totally agree about that. Would make a fantastic crossover
Spoiler:
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Holy Tuna Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:04 am

stringtheory wrote:
IIRC, it means 'If I Recall/Remember Correctly'

FTFY. OMC, Tacoman, RTFM or GTFO. Acronyms aren't hard. DYE Google?
The Holy Tuna
The Holy Tuna
Colt/Filly

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:12 am

When being eaten alive by my crazy this evening, I looked up some fan art on Blackjack and immediately felt better. Then I realize I have four amazing chapters to read to be caught up. Oh the whole PH has been 50 chapters of the best literary experience and story I could have hoped for. Thank you Somber. The story is a reflection of you as a person, and that's why I've loved every chapter.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:29 am

Indeed, that does happen from time to time. I don't think it's really a huge issue for the thread to lull sometimes, considering just how much the ponies here do talk when they get to it.

As for favorite parts of the story:
Spoiler:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Tacoman587 Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:30 am

tylertoon2 wrote:THE MYSTERIOUS TACO IS POSTING! A GLORIOUS DAY IT IS.

Yea, been lurking for a while... Like since ch 20 something. So, hi. And long time no see tyler, miss the PH minecraft stuff.

the holy tuna wrote:FTFY. OMC, Tacoman, RTFM or GTFO. Acronyms aren't hard. DYE Google?
I'm sorry. Shy
Tacoman587
Tacoman587
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:44 am

Seems it's "Do you even?".

Favorite parts of the story...
Request timed out.

The entire story? I'd have to do a re-reading to identify the actual favorite moments, but I kind of enjoy every chapter.

Last edited by Valikdu on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by The Holy Tuna Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:47 am

Valikdu wrote:Seems it's "Do you even?".

You are correct.
The Holy Tuna
The Holy Tuna
Colt/Filly

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:24 am

My favourite scene is probably Happyhorn. It's very Total Recal-ish to imagine that Blackjack is really just mentally sick from psychological trauma she suffered, and it turns the entire story upside down if you assume Go Fish has divorced reality and took away the home and the car as communal property.

Others would be the end of chapter 21 and it's gruesome scene, and the entirety of chapter 33 because of how sad it is. It's moments like these that really make you sympathize with poor Blackjack.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Luminous Lead on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Flank is such a great arc because a lot of stuff happens that's centered around the one town and the battle is great with a satisfying afterglow of BJ in the tub. Also, the post-Flash stuff with dying BJ and Glory is pretty great because it develops them together a bit more, transitioning with Blackjack just plain falling apart.

Though I really like the Tenpony stuff, between BJ struggling with her new body and rationalizing why she should be alive, her adventure with LP, etc. There were some interesting rationalizations our hero makes for the first time that are quite notable.

And I guess I'll also mention Prof. Zodiac's Classroom of Exposition because Somber put a great deal of thought into that backstory and it was never uninteresting.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:15 pm

swicked wrote:I dunno the DYE one. First google result was the definition of dye, as you'd expect.
It comes from the phrase "Do you even lift?" which originated on a bodybuilding forum. Somebody asked how to work a particular muscle, and some smartass user posted something idiotic, to which a regular replied, "Do you even lift?" The phrase became a standard way to put down somebody who's being stupid, suggesting they've come to the forum just to troll, and later it wandered into the rest of the internet via 4chan (natch) as DYE <whatever>.

And now you know! Twilight Sparkle
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Overthepacific Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:37 pm

FeatherDust wrote: via 4chan

Damnit, not again.
Overthepacific
Overthepacific
Earth Pony

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Overthepacific wrote:
FeatherDust wrote: via 4chan

Damnit, not again.
hey, it's not their fault that all good memes seemingly come from there, obvious example being Bronies

Last edited by stringtheory on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:56 pm

It's the accretion disk of the internet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next