Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:38 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Overthepacific wrote:
Somber wrote: I wanted the Society to be one chapter and now it's turning into three! It's Hightower all over again.

Called it.

At least now I know what to expect from it.
Game of Thrones style politiking is my guess.
The question is who's going to get a non consensual abortion. Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Overthepacific on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:37 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:

Glory would be my guess.
Overthepacific
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 30

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Overthepacific wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:

Glory would be my guess.
This is semi-plausible, which is worrying.
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by CD on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:38 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Overthepacific wrote:
Somber wrote: I wanted the Society to be one chapter and now it's turning into three! It's Hightower all over again.

Called it.

At least now I know what to expect from it.
Game of Thrones style politiking is my guess.

Does this mean we'll get to see a dwarf pony smack Prince Splendid across the face?
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:40 pm

Scotch Tape ?

Or more likely either P-21 or the youngest of his sisters...
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:12 pm

So...
Does Boo have a 200-year-old Fluffle Puff plushie, or does Fluffle Puff have a brand-new Boo action figure?
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Pardon me for chiming in. Hello, I'm Evilgidgit, and I joined the forums today. I've never joined a Brony community before aside from silent observation of Equestria Daily and commenting on YouTube videos, but I'd thought I would finally join my fellow Bronies. I'm currently on my third full-out readthrough of Project Horizons and I'd thought I would just say cheers to Somber and the editing team for the fantastic story so far (and love the original Fallout Equestria too).

Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thatguyvex on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:05 pm

SilentCarto wrote:So...
Does Boo have a 200-year-old Fluffle Puff plushie, or does Fluffle Puff have a brand-new Boo action figure?

I say Fluffle Puff has Boo action figure, because I want a Boo action figure; with authentic snake-cake eating action.

Evilgidgit wrote:Pardon me for chiming in. Hello, I'm Evilgidgit, and I joined the forums
today. I've never joined a Brony community before aside from silent
observation of Equestria Daily and commenting on YouTube videos, but I'd
thought I would finally join my fellow Bronies. I'm currently on my
third full-out readthrough of Project Horizons and I'd thought I would
just say cheers to Somber and the editing team for the fantastic story
so far (and love the original Fallout Equestria too).

Welcome to the forum! I'm pretty new here myself, but everyone here seems friendly enough.
thatguyvex
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:57 pm

@evilgidgit
Hello! Welcome and suchlike! Make to sure frequent other threads, too, there are fun times all around. This is the chit-chat thread, for instance, which is where crazy things and people go.
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:02 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:Pardon me for chiming in. Hello, I'm Evilgidgit, and I joined the forums today. I've never joined a Brony community before aside from silent observation of Equestria Daily and commenting on YouTube videos, but I'd thought I would finally join my fellow Bronies. I'm currently on my third full-out readthrough of Project Horizons and I'd thought I would just say cheers to Somber and the editing team for the fantastic story so far (and love the original Fallout Equestria too).

I'm currently on my third full-out readthrough of Project Horizons

third full-out readthrough of Project Horizons

third

third

Welcome aboard you crazy bastard. To the land of the craziest bastards.

tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:18 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:
Evilgidgit wrote:Pardon me for chiming in. Hello, I'm Evilgidgit, and I joined the forums today. I've never joined a Brony community before aside from silent observation of Equestria Daily and commenting on YouTube videos, but I'd thought I would finally join my fellow Bronies. I'm currently on my third full-out readthrough of Project Horizons and I'd thought I would just say cheers to Somber and the editing team for the fantastic story so far (and love the original Fallout Equestria too).

I'm currently on my third full-out readthrough of Project Horizons

third full-out readthrough of Project Horizons

third

third

Welcome aboard you crazy bastard. To the land of the craziest bastards.

And then I said to him, "Oatmeal Tylertoon2, are you crazy?"
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Welcome!
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:12 pm

Oh good a new poster! Twilight crazy
Time for the traditional PHCC (Project Horizons Comment Crew) first post gift! Pick one: a shotgun, a bottle of whiskey, or infinite sanity (don't pick the sanity, you'll miss out on many a fun time)
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guarddogjr on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Welcome to thread, please do enjoy your stay. And don't mind the voices, you'll get used to them.
Guarddogjr
The Chicken Man

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name: Azure Sunrise
Sex: female
Species: Hippogryph

Back to top Go down

Post by Overthepacific on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:41 am

Evilgidgit wrote: I'm currently on my third full-out readthrough of Project Horizons

Oh, man. I've read up to 34 four times, but all the way through? I have many words for the story after that. You sir are a braver soul than I.
Overthepacific
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 30

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit on Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:03 am

Thanks everyone for the welcome. You don't find kindness like this over on the IMDb forums let me tell you.

I finished Chapter 17 last night, and it's kind of been a curiosity of mine what the Dealer's cards symbolise on the second page. I think I have an idea about most of them, but I'm curious about everyone else's views (if symbology is your thing). Here are some of my views:
-A pink mare on a cliff edge balancing on a ball holding a cupcake and a present - Obviously Pinkie teetering on the edge of addiction/insanity

-A white alicorn with a pair of scales - Princess Celestia and something to do with the balance of power.

-A pair of eyes eyes peeking out of a cage made of nine swords - Kind of vague this one, but I'd say something to do with the Marauders (since there are nine members) and the red eyes symbolise the monsters that most of them will become.

-An empty Wild Pegasus bottle with eight upturned shot glasses in a bar with a mare in the background - I'd say the foreshadowed destruction of the Marauders caused by Big Macintosh's relationship with Maripony/Twilight.

-A purple mare hanging from a rusty street light by her tail - Twilight's despair over the war and what she goes through.

-The moon overlooked by a black alicorn - Psalm/Lacunae and her doomed faith.

-A handsome stallion - Goldenblood.

-The black towers of Hoofington wreathed in green light - The horrors of Hoofington.

-Six swords piercing the clouds - Likely symbolises the Ministry Mares dooming Equestria/the exodus of the Pegasi.

-A yellow pegasus in front of a pool hugging a blue/grass ball - Fluttershy and the tragedy of her relationship with Goldenblood and her daughter.

Those are just my thoughts. What are yours?
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:40 am

Evilgidgit wrote:Pardon me for chiming in. Hello, I'm Evilgidgit, and I joined the forums today.
Welcome to the forum, Evil, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Three readings is certainly a lot of dedication, heh.
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:50 am

Evilgidgit wrote:
-An empty Wild Pegasus bottle with eight upturned shot glasses in a bar with a mare in the background - I'd say the foreshadowed destruction of the Marauders caused by Big Macintosh's relationship with Maripony/Twilight.

How many Partypooper targets has Psalm been able to hit so far, and how many more until Unity...
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:41 pm

I like the cage one. They were told, if one fell, the rest would, too. Tell me, what happens if you remove one of the bars of a cage? :P
Celestias is mostly about how she watched the scales and did nothing about them.
The swords that pierced the clouds are the bearers of the elements of harmony, I think. They strived with the ministries when the sun abandoned them, and they strived to bring back the sun hundreds of years later (bringing back much more than just its light with them).
I think the final card is both Fluttershy and Psychoshy, looking at their reflections. Blackjack says she can't tell if the card was upside down or not.
I just don't know why the little blue and green ball is "strange".

The wild Pegasus one is just the eight remaining members, and Twilight, mourning Big Mac's fall. Yes, the relationship apparently caused him to be assassinated due to a curse... but eh.

I wish I understood the street light one.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:14 pm

I had mostly forgotten about the cards, but the last one is probably Fluttershy, but the blue and green ball sounds like is means the world she wanted to save but ended up helping it's destruction.
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:28 pm

"blue and green ball"

P-21 / Scotch Tape ? Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Technowolf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Evilgidgit wrote:Thanks everyone for the welcome. You don't find kindness like this over on the IMDb forums let me tell you.

I finished Chapter 17 last night, and it's kind of been a curiosity of mine what the Dealer's cards symbolise on the second page. I think I have an idea about most of them, but I'm curious about everyone else's views (if symbology is your thing). Here are some of my views:

They're Tarot cards. Here's a basic rundown from Wikipedia:

-A pink mare on a cliff edge balancing on a ball holding a cupcake and a present - Obviously Pinkie teetering on the edge of addiction/insanity
0(or22) the Fool
Wikipedia wrote:In many esoteric systems of interpretation, the Fool is usually interpreted as the protagonist of a story, and the Major Arcana is the path the Fool takes through the great mysteries of life and the main human archetypes. This path is known traditionally in Tarot as the Fool's Journey, and is frequently used to introduce the meaning of Major Arcana cards to beginners
So, this card basically represents Blackjack

-A white alicorn with a pair of scales - Princess Celestia and something to do with the balance of power.
Justice
wiki wrote:
Justice mediates the various claims of right, of morality, of duty. In a world of scarcity, not every claim can be met. Justice, in theory, sets forth a system to judge between the claims. The tarot card is therefore typically closer to the notion of Jurisprudence than to the abstract concept of Justice.

The Justice card is closely connected to The High Priestess through its cross sum (the sum of the digits). Unlike the hidden knowledge of the High Priestess, Justice is decided in the open; we are left hoping that our intellect and our intuition take us to the same place.

Justice is also connected to Judgment, Key 20, the ultimate weighting of souls. In Waite's classic version, to the right are represented the scales (Libra), signifying balance; to the left is the sword, signifying accountability.
Probably represents the responsibility Blackjack must shoulder with EC1101

-A pair of eyes eyes peeking out of a cage made of nine swords - Kind of vague this one, but I'd say something to do with the Marauders (since there are nine members) and the red eyes symbolise the monsters that most of them will become.
The 9 of swords. In occult tarot, swords represent nobility, military, and reason and are associated with air (pegasi?)

Wiki wrote:Terror, the Nightmare. Tarot readers do not generally like to categorise cards as "bad", or "good" but The Nine of Swords is probably the most dreaded card in the deck, however it can indicate the process of letting go, grief, and in combination with healing cards like The Queen of Wands, it is highly beneficial.
So maybe it represents Blackjack finally letting go of her stable?

The eight of cups/chalices
[quote='wikipedia"]Eight cups are arranged in a row. A figure leaves these cups behind as if beginning a journey. An indifferent moon looks down upon the traveler. The traveler is in a good situation where there is much promise and much to offer, but chooses to set out for the unknown. It indicates a restlessness and wanderlust as well as overlooking the good we already possess, in the hopes of finding something else.[/quote]
Dealer trying to tell BJ not to go on this quest because she has it good already (but she knows it could be better).

-A purple mare hanging from a rusty street light by her tail - Twilight's despair over the war and what she goes through.
The Hanged Man
wikipedia wrote:The gallows from which he is suspended forms a Tau cross, while the figure—from the position of the legs—forms a fylfot cross. There is a nimbus about the head of the seeming martyr. It should be noted (1) that the tree of sacrifice is living wood, with leaves thereon; (2) that the face expresses deep entrancement, not suffering; (3) that the figure, as a whole, suggests life in suspension, but life and not death. [...] It has been called falsely a card of martyrdom, a card a of prudence, a card of the Great Work, a card of duty [...] I will say very simply on my own part that it expresses the relation, in one of its aspects, between the Divine and the Universe.
The Hanged Man's symbolism points to divinity, linking it to the Passion in Christianity, especially The Crucifixion; to the narratives of Osiris in Egyptian mythology, and Mithras in Ancient Persian mythology and Roman mythology. In all of these archetypal stories, the destruction of self brings life to humanity; on the card, these are symbolized respectively by the person of the hanged man and the living tree from which he hangs bound.

The Hanged Man is also associated with Odin, the primary god in Norse mythology. Odin hung upside down from the world-tree, Yggdrasil, for nine days to attain wisdom and thereby retrieved the runes from the Well of Wyrd, which in Norse cosmology is regarded as the source and end of all sacred mystery and knowledge. The moment he glimpsed the runes, he died, but the knowledge of them was so powerful that he immediately returned to life.
Represents the sacrifices Blackjack must make on her journey. The connection to the crucifixion is especially portent.

-The moon overlooked by a black alicorn - Psalm/Lacunae and her doomed faith.
The Moon, watched by Nightmare Moon
wikipedia wrote:This card has to do with sleep patterns. This can mean both dreaming and nightmares. If one gets this card, one may be going through a particularly
difficult emotional time. Rather than losing yourself in the overwhelming imagery and fantasy that signal the presence of the Moon, give form to this imagery through the creative arts (painting, writing, or dancing). The association this card bears with imagery and fantasy can put one in touch with visions and insight, creativity and psychic powers.[1]
The Moon can be interpreted with the feeling of uncertainty, where the past still haunts, unsure of a journey but still going ahead with it, feeling watched and because it is commonly associated with dreams, fantasies and mysteries this card can also be interpreted with surreal feelings and situations in your waking life
Probably heralds the emotional and, later, sleeping problems that Blackjack will develop over the course of her journey. Also, note that this is the second card that is connected with nightmares.

-A handsome stallion - Goldenblood.
This one's tough. It could either be the Magician, representing BJ's attempts to control her situation
Magician wrote:Some frequent keywords are:

• Action — Consciousness — Concentration — Personal power

• Practicality — Energy — Creativity — Movement

• Precision — Conviction — Manipulation — Self confidence

• Being objective — Focusing — Determination — Initiative
The Emporer, trying to tell her she may not be able to change the wasteland

The Emporer wrote:

The Emperor symbolizes the desire to rule over one's surroundings,
and its appearance in a reading often suggests that the subject needs to
accept that some things may not be controllable, and others may not
benefit from being controlled.

As with all Tarot
cards, multiple meanings are possible. Where the Empress is the
Feminine principle, the Emperor is the Masculine. Most individuals will
relate to this card in the same way they relate to their own father.
The Hierophant/High Priest, representing either those who want the status quo, or those who wish to challenge it

The Hierophant wrote:
Summary of Meanings:

When the card is upright: A person or situation involving
conservatism, conformity, and honoring traditional values. This could be
someone who's a teacher, instructor, religious leader, prophet, or a
group or community leader of some kind.

The Hierophant can also be someone who's a "go between" or
intermediary of some kind, who's able to interact with and channel use
of powerful and unseen forces, unavailable or inaccessible to the
masses. He does so for the benefit of the community he serves. This can
be someone who has access to, or influence and power within a number of
different domains.

When the card is reversed: A person or situation involving
radicalism, non conformity, rebellion, heresy, iconoclasm or demagogery;
and those who embody these things. The reversed Hierophant can
represent a leader of a radical group of some kind, a promoter and
defender of some radical ideology.

It can represent people who may be demagogues, cult leaders, or false
prophets. The reversed Hierophant can be any "false teacher", one who
doesn't have mastery of the subject he or she teaches,and doesn't know
what he or she is talking about; though, thinks he or she does, because
of his or her ignorance or misperception. This can refer to one who is
just a bad teacher, or one who regularly gives bad advice, bad counsel
or bad guidance to others. (A person who thinks they know what they are
talking about, but in reality does not.)
or the Devil, representing BJ's belief that she can fix everything

The Devil wrote:The Devil is the card of self-bondage to an idea or belief which is
preventing a person from growing or being healthy—an example might be a
belief that getting drunk each night is good for you. On the other hand,
however, it can also be a warning to someone who is too restrained
and/or dispassionate and never allows him or herself to be rash or wild
or ambitious, which is yet another form of enslavement.
-The black towers of Hoofington wreathed in green light - The horrors of Hoofington.

The Tower, a card of ruin and despair (subtle)
Some frequent keywords used by card readers are:

• Chaos ----- Sudden change ----- Impact ----- Hard times

• Crisis ----- Revelation ----- Disruption ----- Realizing the truth

• Disillusion ----- Crash ----- Burst ----- Uncomfortable experience

• Downfall ----- Ruin ----- Ego blow ----- Explosive transformation

Upside down :

• To be currently in a harsh and chaotic situation but exiting in a good manner. Indeed you are falling but landing with your feet over the soil.

• The same of the normal position but less negative because their incorrect position can block some powers of the card.

-Six swords piercing the clouds - Likely symbolises the Ministry Mares dooming Equestria/the exodus of the Pegasi.
Six of swords. Pretty self explanatory:
The Boatman. A dangerous journey. Readers do not always agree on the
alignment of this card. It can indicate a doomed endeavour, or
conversely, moving out of troubled waters. It also indicates
responsibility for others.

-A yellow pegasus in front of a pool hugging a blue/grass ball - Fluttershy and the tragedy of her relationship with Goldenblood and her daughter.
The world
The World represents an ending to a cycle of life, a pause in life before the next big cycle beginning with the fool.[4] The figure is at once male and female,
above and below, suspended between the heavens and the earth. It is
completeness. It is also said to represent cosmic consciousness; the
potential of perfect union with the One Power of the universe.[5] It tells us full happiness is also to give back to the world, sharing what we have learned or gained
Pretty self-explanatory: the end of Blackjack, Security Mare of 99 and the beginning of Blackjack, Security Mare of Hoofington. Also tells us that the dealer knows that BJ has to go on this journey if she is to find true happiness.

Those are just my thoughts. What are yours?[/quote]

Also, hello.
Technowolf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:15 pm

That's one hell of a first post there Technowolf. Glad to have you in the forums!
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:25 pm

So, are these true tarot readings? If so, shouldn't the dealer's reflect him, not Blackjack?

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:29 pm

@ Technowolf : upvoted for relevance. :D
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Round of Applause for Technowolf

Post by Meleagridis on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:58 pm

Technowolf wrote:
The 9 of swords. In occult tarot, swords represent nobility, military, and reason and are associated with air (pegasi?)

Wiki wrote:Terror, the Nightmare. Tarot readers do not generally like to categorise cards as "bad", or "good" but The Nine of Swords is probably the most dreaded card in the deck, however it can indicate the process of letting go, grief, and in combination with healing cards like The Queen of Wands, it is highly beneficial.
So maybe it represents Blackjack finally letting go of her stable?

"Only monsters can be truly happy in the wasteland..."
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:53 pm

@Technowolf:
Welcome!
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Lots of new folks! Hello, new folks, and welcome!

@Swicked
I dunno much about tarot, but can't you do a reading for someone else? That's how I've seen it in the movies, anyway - like in Brain Dead.
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Lots of new folks! Hello, new folks, and welcome!

@Swicked
I dunno much about tarot, but can't you do a reading for someone else? That's how I've seen it in the movies, anyway - like in Brain Dead.
I thought about it some more and the whole scene is in Blackjack's head... so, since Echo's clearly the one that knows Tarot, this is all stuff he's telling her.
So yeah, it's unlikely a "reading" of his own.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit on Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Wow, that was an amazing response TechnoWolf!

How do you Brohoof someone?
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top