Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+44
Harmony Ltd.
hawkeye92
jacky2734
Scootayay
Quotidian
Jeremyrush
Randombuttons
Luminous Lead
FoolNeim
Meleagridis
Scyto Harmony
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
RandomBlank
Necr0maNceR
MrMagma
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Vergil
CannonFodder
Plasticube
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
WovenTales
Ametros
Somber
Icy Shake
CamoBadger
Stringtheory
RoboRed
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Caoimhe
Admiral Stoic Rum
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
Cptadder
OneMoreDaySK
Ironmonger
Frost
IncoherentOrange
SilentCarto
48 posters

Page 15 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by 222222 Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 pm

@Ironmonger: not all dead probably, but certainly the vast majority. They where deepish in the everfree forest and being completely destroyed by the Enclave. Anypony not massacred on the front lines would probably have been killed in the forest when they got scattered. The gryphons may have escaped, but if the Gryphons we have seen are any indication their warrior code would not have allowed them to retreat unless ordered, not an order they would likely recieve from the dead Red Eye or his fanatic followers, who also likely fought to the death.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:58 pm

In my headcanon some of the lil' bastards ran off and started up splinter groups. Prancinnati actually has some refugees who wanted to get away from the stuff in Hoofington and Equestria.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:05 pm

I've posted many times how I loathe the ending of vanilla FoE, between the in media res final chapter preceded by a 'greatest hits' collection of characters that spends more time gathering them than real interaction, Pip acting like Patton out of nowhere, no time spent with Homage, the grueling interrogation by the machine to rule out any attempts at Pip having other options.. and the epilogue written mostly because of fan reaction complete with timeskip (though this opened a good amount of ideas for post-SPP stories that haven't really been utilized yet).

I'd have been happier if:

1) LP just had to die to power the machine, but only if there were some real final goodbyes. Instead the unconscious lonely existence she has to live doesn't seem fitting combined with the whole thing with Homage visiting (and her having to endure incredible physical pain to get in and out of the chamber just for a yearly visit).

2) LP gets in the chamber to find out that it was more of a test of willing heroic sacrifice that opened up the opportunity to use Gardens somehow. I was expecting something like this given the lack of real 'goodbyes' and the whole lack of the world not being saved instantly. I felt this would have been a clever twist akin to some interpretation of Celestia's personality and things could have been wrapped up a little better. Plus LP would be reunited. Not as bittersweet of an ending though.

Anyway, uh, yeah.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Thinking of diving into PH chapter 2 tonight. Hmmm.
On a side note, when will the site time be rectified? Daylight Savings Time toggled; the site's an hour ahead.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Out of curiosity has anyone seen anything done with Lyra and Fleur de Lis in an FoE fic? I only ask because I don't have much time to read during the day.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Out of curiosity has anyone seen anything done with Lyra and Fleur de Lis in an FoE fic? I only ask because I don't have much time to read during the day.
Lyra is dead and fused to a park bench in Canterlot in FoE, Fancy Pants (And supposedly Fleur) are in Project Horizon at Project Redoubt or whatever the super stable that was set up with Blue-bloods money.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Well I can still use Fleur in my story at least. Trying to keep my stuff in line with Somber's, I consider Project Horizons "unofficial canon" if that makes any sense.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Ironmonger wrote:And why Prancinatti still operates a few armored vehicles. Hinds I still think you should put some of your headcanon on google docs and share it with the fandom, we could seriously learn something from you.
...Hm, interesting idea; I might look into that later. I'm busy for the rest of today, though, and I'm in any case rather tired from staying up late last night to follow the election.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:52 pm

I found this and I instantly thought of the forum.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I found this and I instantly thought of the forum.

The Engineer is Adder, trying to keep us on the rails. The Soldier is Camo as he lurks under the ground, popping up to punch Adder in the spine. I think this metaphor got away from me, just now
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:03 pm

I think I really make it hard for people to accept that I'm an intellectual. Luna

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Mister Frost wrote:

The Engineer is Adder, trying to keep us on the rails. The Soldier is Camo as he lurks under the ground, popping up to punch Adder in the spine. I think this metaphor got away from me, just now
wat
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:07 pm

It's funny because your avatar echoes that response.
Camo:"Wat."
NightmareMoon:"Wat."

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:08 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:

wat

You lurk a lot, and it's either you or Hinds that can walk through walls, and I'm fairly certain it's you
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:19 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
You lurk a lot, and it's either you or Hinds that can walk through walls, and I'm fairly certain it's you
We lurk. We watch. We feed.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:21 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
We lurk. We watch. We feed.

*looks around nervously* Frooooost get the pest spray! *loads shotgun*

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:23 pm

If by "pest spray" you mean "aerosol can and a lighter" than I gotcha covered
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasu Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:06 pm

*hisses from the shadows* You'll need more than fire frostyboy!

*sees shotgun* oh...that might do it. *cloak engaged*

Karasu
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Karasu wrote:*hisses from the shadows* You'll need more than fire frostyboy!

*sees shotgun* oh...that might do it. *cloak engaged*

The only thing I need besides fire is more fire. Y'know the saying "Fight fire with fire"? Well, that only holds true because you should fight everything with fire.

Alternatively, I load my shotgun with Dragon's Breath rounds. Fire plus firepower.

That cloak isn't going to hide you (activates fog machine)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:16 pm

*gets a flashlight* If it shimmers it dies.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Ironmonger wrote:*gets a flashlight* If it shimmers it dies.

Water wrote: Well that's a bit harsh, isn't it?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Alternatively, I load my shotgun with Dragon's Breath rounds. Fire plus firepower.

Enjoy reliability issues after the second round, barrel damage, and incredibly-short range.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:56 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:

Enjoy reliability issues after the second round, barrel damage, and incredibly-short range.

Worth it. Because fire.

In all reality, I would never load any of my guns with Dragon's Breath for those exact reasons. If I wanted to shoot fire at someone (rather than just throw it) I'd use a Cobray 37mm or some such rifled flare gun
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:*gets a flashlight* If it shimmers it dies.

Water wrote: Well that's a bit harsh, isn't it?

Scyto. Water you doing. Scyto. STAHP!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:14 pm

This is still the topic?

Can't you guys talk about...um...how marriage must work in Stables in order to ensure that issues related to incest are kept to a minimum in such a small population?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:18 pm

@Camo
For starters, Blackjack's stable had no marriage system, so... yeah.
For Littlepip's, I imagine that they had working terminals and kept records of some sort, but the issue of incest was about to become a reality had they not left the stable. There are only so many possible marriages before a contained stable has that issue. Kinda one of the arguments you could make in FO:3 to the overseer if I recall.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Irony coming from me. Pun fucking intended.
Spoiler:
Two things: Each mare could have two husbands for genetic diversity, and I have not a damn clue how to change the text on the spoiler thing.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:25 pm

I want to know if Littlepip's mom ever changed her mind about her daughter. :(
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:26 pm

@Ironmonger
You do it like this:

@Cai
Dunno, she wasn't much of a character, so most ideas is just speculation. From what I know about her is she's the <strike>Town</strike> Stable drunk. She barely paid any attention to her daughter and generally was an idiot. Having to transfer out of there I don't believe there would be much in terms of alcohol lying around, so withdrawal symptoms would arise. Essentially isolating herself from the rest of the stable due to her instability, they might have let her be at the Junction.

Last edited by OneMoreDaySK on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:30 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Camo
For starters, Blackjack's stable had no marriage system, so... yeah.
For Littlepip's, I imagine that they had working terminals and kept records of some sort, but the issue of incest was about to become a reality had they not left the stable. There are only so many possible marriages before a contained stable has that issue. Kinda one of the arguments you could make in FO:3 to the overseer if I recall.
I'm inclined to think this as well, but those records had to be extensive to make sure that a male and female had at least 2 generations between them before they mated, that way you minimize the negative effects at least.
As for BJ's stable, the mating system had to be even more than that. I can't remember the exact number of males in the stable at a given time, but it was tiny compared to the female population, which would make this even harder. I know BJ said that mares got to choose who gave them a child, but I just can't believe that. Someone in the stable had to be responsible for making sure the genetic lines were spread out enough to limit incest, otherwise their genetics would have degraded severely very quickly.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next