Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+44
Harmony Ltd.
hawkeye92
jacky2734
Scootayay
Quotidian
Jeremyrush
Randombuttons
Luminous Lead
FoolNeim
Meleagridis
Scyto Harmony
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
RandomBlank
Necr0maNceR
MrMagma
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Vergil
CannonFodder
Plasticube
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
WovenTales
Ametros
Somber
Icy Shake
CamoBadger
Stringtheory
RoboRed
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Caoimhe
Admiral Stoic Rum
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
Cptadder
OneMoreDaySK
Ironmonger
Frost
IncoherentOrange
SilentCarto
48 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:31 pm

*Buys SK an ice cream cone* Credit to team!

Anyway Littlepip seems kinda two-dimensional to me.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:32 pm

She's a dork and she's narrating her own story after the fact so she's making herself her own Mary Sue. In 'real life' she probably stuttered and sperged her way across the wasteland.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:34 pm

Caoimhe wrote:She's a dork and she's narrating her own story after the fact so she's making herself her own Mary Sue. In 'real life' she probably stuttered and sperged her way across the wasteland.
And got shot even more than the story says.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:39 pm

@Cai
Plus she's trying to make her story inspirational. Put enough blunders in to make herself relatable but not enough to be looked down on. Highlight the good while acknowledging the bad.

@Ironmonger
"You're welcome" /AJ_Voice
"Oh! Ice-Cream!" /Pinkie_Voice
Hey Cai, you want it?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:40 pm

too many calories Roid Rage
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:42 pm

@Cai
Ok then.
Camo, want it then? Also got you Archangel Armor in XCom, putting you in the air so you can just snipe everyone. So as long as you don't get ambushed, you and SilentCarto are my cleanup crew.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:47 pm

SWEEEEET! I'M FLYYYYYIIIIIIIN!

Also, huzzah for topic death.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:51 pm

CamoBadger wrote:SWEEEEET! I'M FLYYYYYIIIIIIIN!

Also, huzzah for topic death.
we've run out of on-topic discussion, so now we've moved onto randomness, as per G.I.R.T.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:52 pm

@CamoBadger
Sorry. Back on topic. They were only expecting for the stables to last for some generations, then let back out into the world. They didn't expect the world would be MAD'd by Zebras.

New Question: How badly do you think the Zebra lands got hit? And do you think there is some Spec Op Pony task force that's still in play trying to assassinate the Caesar or something?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:57 pm

I would expect that the Zebra lands got hit just as badly. As you said, this was a MAD situation, and I'm pretty sure that Equestria wouldn't just sit there and get glassed without responding in kind, not after putting so many lives and resources into the war.

As for the pony task force...god I hope so, that would be even stupider than the Remnant trying to carry out his orders XD

"Have we located the Caesar yet?"
"No sir, but we're getting close. We think he's actually in that destroyed city, not the one we checked last week."
"Excellent. Keep up the good work gents, that bastard will be dead in no time."
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:02 am

Don't forget the Zebras were also more centralized because unlike Equestria if you wander to far from town you became Hydra snacks even before the war. Meaning the balefire bombing probably killed a lot more raw Zebras than ponies unless they have sufficient shelters to survive. But even if they had something on the level of Moscow subway system/fallout bunkers that happen to be subway tunnels in that planning system did not account for ravening packs of feral Zebra ghouls eating the survivors.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:03 am

@Camo
I didn't expect them to be pony though. Rather, ghoulified to the point where that's their only goal. Add some tagalong POWs and you got yourself and adventure.

@CptAdder
So some sort of Metro 2033 scenario then?

Last edited by OneMoreDaySK on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:04 am

So...refer to My Little Metro for the apocalyptic Zebra lands?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:06 am

Cptadder wrote:Don't forget the Zebras were also more centralized because unlike Equestria if you wander to far from town you became Hydra snacks even before the war. Meaning the balefire bombing probably killed a lot more raw Zebras than ponies unless they have sufficient shelters to survive. But even if they had something on the level of Moscow subway system/fallout bunkers that happen to be subway tunnels in that planning system did not account for ravening packs of feral Zebra ghouls eating the survivors.
I'm pretty sure it was said somewhere that the Zebra nation was quite spread out, that's why they formed tribes, not one central nation and contained even worse monsters then Equestria
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:08 am

@Stringtheory
There were some places that towns did form, but then when the respective militaries started stockpiling, the towns rapidly grew and industrialized. Wasn't that why they needed gemstones?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:09 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Stringtheory
There were some places that towns did form, but then when the respective militaries started stockpiling, the towns rapidly grew and industrialized. Wasn't that why they needed gemstones?
yes they did need gemstones for their growing industry, same reason why Equestria needed coal
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:32 am

*gets a folding chair and refreshments* Sometimes it's best if I lurk, you ponies intrigue me. #LurkNotLurk

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:54 am

Question: Why the ponies needed coal-based tech instead of developing using gem-based.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:55 am

Mining ops would attract dragons?
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:03 am

They had trains with coal engines, though I'm not sure why they didn't convert them to magical power anyway.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:12 am

Ketchup wrote:They had trains with coal engines, though I'm not sure why they didn't convert them to magical power anyway.
Cause it seems like they were a beginning to industrialize nation advancing far too fast and weren't all that focused on making their products more energy efficient or giving a care about repercussions or at least not thinking their actions would have repercussions. I mean they went to war over coal as if without it their nation would get nuked or something. And I don't think they ever had a energy crisis before, to them it probably seemed end of the world doomsday to be living through a energy crisis.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:30 am

CannonFodder wrote:What I want to know is what do you all think happened after Littlepip got into the S.P.P. and before they used the elements of harmony megaspell? I highly doubt it was just sunshine and rainbows even if the enclave had the majority of their airships destroyed and red eye's forces were taken down. If anything it was probably total chaos.
You know what they call "total chaos" in the wasteland? TUESDAY.

Redeye's forces have lost their cult-of-personality leader and been utterly broken as a cohesive army. There may be a few scattered cells left, but without an army to back them up they're no worse than your basic raiders, and probably a lot more reasonable. Anyway they have very little in terms of purpose at that point, so it's not like they're going to be out there fighting for the glory of Redeye and his bright future. The mercs go find a new buyer, and the rest go back to trying to eke out a living in the waste.

The Enclave was already splintering by the time of Rainbow Day. With their warships destroyed and no control over their own territory (any part could get rainboomed at any time, here) they have no choices. They're effectively being ordered to go to the ground. While it probably means a virtual invasion, the number of enclave pegasi who actually want to help the ground will probably be very large. Between them and the ground based fighting forces, it should be enough to keep a lid on things at least temporarily.

And again, remember that the whole idea here was to open the sky. Without the sun you can't grow crops. Once they have the ability to do agriculture, a lot of the other problems will start to fade. Farmers can't leave their land, so they need defenses and stable trade routes. A reduction in scavenging means less wanderers to fall prey to raiders or monsters. You'll see pockets of civilization starting to widen out from central strong points like Junction or Tenpony.

Sure, somebody is going to try to set up a personal empire here and there. It may be worth it, if they're relatively benevolent. Nothing wrong with a guy saying "Hey, this spot is mine, and I'm accepting applications to join in," as long as he's not a monster himself. City-states are the first step on the way to forming actual nations with centralized government again. (Social contract theory is worth remembering here -- you trade rights for security. Anarchy means perfect freedom, at the cost of having nobody to turn to if you're wronged. Inevitably somebody will complain about having their freedoms removed. Forming a state is not a simple or harmless process.)

And Pip apparently has some powerful weather control at her disposal for peacekeeping purposes -- Dash was talking about being able to turn back armies with lightning storms and hurricane force winds. Presumably those are still an option if somebody gets really out of control.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:43 am

FeatherDust wrote:
CannonFodder wrote:What I want to know is what do you all think happened after Littlepip got into the S.P.P. and before they used the elements of harmony megaspell? I highly doubt it was just sunshine and rainbows even if the enclave had the majority of their airships destroyed and red eye's forces were taken down. If anything it was probably total chaos.
You know what they call "total chaos" in the wasteland? TUESDAY.

Redeye's forces have lost their cult-of-personality leader and been utterly broken as a cohesive army. There may be a few scattered cells left, but without an army to back them up they're no worse than your basic raiders, and probably a lot more reasonable. Anyway they have very little in terms of purpose at that point, so it's not like they're going to be out there fighting for the glory of Redeye and his bright future. The mercs go find a new buyer, and the rest go back to trying to eke out a living in the waste.

The Enclave was already splintering by the time of Rainbow Day. With their warships destroyed and no control over their own territory (any part could get rainboomed at any time, here) they have no choices. They're effectively being ordered to go to the ground. While it probably means a virtual invasion, the number of enclave pegasi who actually want to help the ground will probably be very large. Between them and the ground based fighting forces, it should be enough to keep a lid on things at least temporarily.

And again, remember that the whole idea here was to open the sky. Without the sun you can't grow crops. Once they have the ability to do agriculture, a lot of the other problems will start to fade. Farmers can't leave their land, so they need defenses and stable trade routes. A reduction in scavenging means less wanderers to fall prey to raiders or monsters. You'll see pockets of civilization starting to widen out from central strong points like Junction or Tenpony.

Sure, somebody is going to try to set up a personal empire here and there. It may be worth it, if they're relatively benevolent. Nothing wrong with a guy saying "Hey, this spot is mine, and I'm accepting applications to join in," as long as he's not a monster himself. City-states are the first step on the way to forming actual nations with centralized government again. (Social contract theory is worth remembering here -- you trade rights for security. Anarchy means perfect freedom, at the cost of having nobody to turn to if you're wronged. Inevitably somebody will complain about having their freedoms removed. Forming a state is not a simple or harmless process.)

And Pip apparently has some powerful weather control at her disposal for peacekeeping purposes -- Dash was talking about being able to turn back armies with lightning storms and hurricane force winds. Presumably those are still an option if somebody gets really out of control.
Even still I doubt it would be instantly resolved like you say. Personally I think even as little of a time frame after the destruction of red eye's forces and the enclave as a week would have been extremely chaotic. I can understand how civilization got started back up, but after littlepip gets into the SPP and has all that power the remaining Red Eye's forces would be running for the hills, the enclave military survivors would be trying to maintain a offensive while extracting casualties and wounded. The only group that wouldn't be in total disarray trying to figure out what to do would be applejack's rangers.

Not to mention politically speaking losing your entire airship forces for the enclave would have been politically devastating for them and would have probably gotten a ton of politicians fired OR SHOT. To use a analogy it would be like if the USA lost all of our battleships and cruisers in an instant, someone is getting fired.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 am

YES! Someone finally echoes my thoughts about Pip using her power as a weapon. Also to add to some of those social strong points, there's also New Germane to the far east of Equestia out near the coast, and Prancinnati to the far North East in the lands above Equestria on the map. That last one is a strange case because it's only partly controlled and not many people have heard about as most who find the city stay there.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:14 am

CannonFodder wrote:
Ketchup wrote:They had trains with coal engines, though I'm not sure why they didn't convert them to magical power anyway.
Cause it seems like they were a beginning to industrialize nation advancing far too fast and weren't all that focused on making their products more energy efficient or giving a care about repercussions or at least not thinking their actions would have repercussions. I mean they went to war over coal as if without it their nation would get nuked or something. And I don't think they ever had a energy crisis before, to them it probably seemed end of the world doomsday to be living through a energy crisis.

Their nation would "get nuked or something". When the Princesses made the call to seize the coal shipments the Caesar had impounded, Equestria was a matter of weeks from not just going dark--that had already started to happen--but from famine as the transportation system to get food from farms to cities shut down.

Sure, they acknowledged that the investments made didn't make sense after accounting for the necessity it places on foreign trade, but at that point it was too late to make a gradual shift. As for not using magical power, I get the impression that most applications of magical energy sources were intended to replace coal--they may not have had spark-based power sources until well after the war started. After all, why make them if you can import cheap, abundant, efficient coal for which you already have working infrastructure?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:26 am

CamoBadger wrote:We lurk. We watch. We feed.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Rachni2
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:27 am

Valikdu wrote:*snip angry-ass rachni
OH FUCK *beats it with a newspaper* Foul beast!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:48 am

Well, I finally tried drawing something again.
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/35267613363

Spoiler:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:06 am

Was tempted to post that, but thought I'd let you do it.
Didn't reply to it but I really like it waves.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:20 am

Valikdu wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:We lurk. We watch. We feed.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Rachni2

And now, as always, we turn to our beloved friend Fire for the answer.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next