Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+44
Harmony Ltd.
hawkeye92
jacky2734
Scootayay
Quotidian
Jeremyrush
Randombuttons
Luminous Lead
FoolNeim
Meleagridis
Scyto Harmony
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
RandomBlank
Necr0maNceR
MrMagma
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Vergil
CannonFodder
Plasticube
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
WovenTales
Ametros
Somber
Icy Shake
CamoBadger
Stringtheory
RoboRed
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Caoimhe
Admiral Stoic Rum
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
Cptadder
OneMoreDaySK
Ironmonger
Frost
IncoherentOrange
SilentCarto
48 posters

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CannonFodder Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:22 am

stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:Jokes like this are immature as shit but they still make me laugh, anyway does anyone have a good topic?
most of us are watching the election to comment right now (personally, I don't really care about the election that much
Pretty much the election is already over, Obama already has a projected 274 electoral votes and is already the projected winner. It's over folks, go home.
Ironmonger wrote:I don't have any business voting (nor do I want to)
so I stay out of it. Right off the top o mah head, think some of the
alicorns didn't join up with the Followers after the Goddess' death? In my headcanon some of them went Northeast.
It's possible. The only thing keeping them in hivemind was the Goddess, so afterwards there could have been a few that didn't.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:29 am

Ironmonger wrote:I don't have any business voting (nor do I want to) so I stay out of it. Right off the top o mah head, think some of the alicorns didn't join up with the Followers after the Goddess' death? In my headcanon some of them went Northeast.
Well, Asklittlepip proposes that some of them go off to form a herd and try to recreate their hive mind, IIRC.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:30 am

Ironmonger if you keep this up I'm putting you in the pungeon.

On a side note: XCOM.

I recently started playing Fallout Tactics, I got mods that made it a pretty fun game instead of the train wreck it is vanilla, and I've read somewhere that it was XCOM like with the tactical squad combat. I've been on the fence about XCOM, but I'm enjoying myself with Tactics. Can anyone fill in the gaps for me? Are they functionally similar?
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:37 am

I've been thinking of getting Fallout Tactics.

Anyway one of my ideas has been that some alicorns went rogue and decided to travel in small groups, others joined up with the Trottomans.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:58 am

So Obama won, I'm drunk and Romney is refusing to concede Ohio and the election.
I wish I had a witty comment but I went right from loss of hand eye coordination right into morose and skipped my talkative phase.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:04 am

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 599591_365414060216705_721216073_n

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:17 am

Cptadder wrote:So Obama won, I'm drunk and Romney is refusing to concede Ohio and the election.
I wish I had a witty comment but I went right from loss of hand eye coordination right into morose and skipped my talkative phase.
Well Romney did have only a 8% chance of winning. I don't think it surprised anyone that Obama won.

On the topic of the alicorns I personally would think that the alicorns, with the exception of the psychic ones, would have disbanded and had a hard time trying to recuperate from losing their hive mind.

Also what does that mean for Lacunae when the Goddess eventually dies. What is going to happen to her? Or even blackjack? Who knows what the Goddess has been doing to Blackjack's mind.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:34 am

CannonFodder wrote:

On the topic of the alicorns I personally would think that the alicorns, with the exception of the psychic ones, would have disbanded and had a hard time trying to recuperate from losing their hive mind.

Also what does that mean for Lacunae when the Goddess eventually dies. What is going to happen to her? Or even blackjack? Who knows what the Goddess has been doing to Blackjack's mind.
On the topic of alicorns, I imagine that Hive mind mentality, years of being part of a greater whole and general mind fucker would result in the Alicorns breaking behind charismatic leaders. The only question is if they establish an ape shall not kill ape rule so Alicorns don't end up fighting each other or if they just degenerate into extra large ponies with wings and horns.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:44 am

Cptadder wrote:
On the topic of alicorns, I imagine that Hive mind mentality, years of being part of a greater whole and general mind fucker would result in the Alicorns breaking behind charismatic leaders. The only question is if they establish an ape shall not kill ape rule so Alicorns don't end up fighting each other or if they just degenerate into extra large ponies with wings and horns.
I'm surprised there hasn't been a history of more than a couple alicorns successfully resisting the hivemind or having a unique personality like Lacunae or that black alicorn in Canterlot. From what Lacunae says ponies fundamentally want harmony, what if a pony was a follower of Discord and wanted chaos though?
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:06 am

Cptadder wrote:

Kinda my basis for some of them rallying behind a citizen-soldier society and it's leaders like the Trottomans in my work.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:09 am

OAN All hail Overlord Obama, Romney just finished up his one hundred and forty second long concession speech, surprising short. It was a third a length of the McCain speech, odd.

CannonFodder wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
I'm surprised there hasn't been a history of more than a couple alicorns successfully resisting the hivemind or having a unique personality like Lacunae or that black alicorn in Canterlot. From what Lacunae says ponies fundamentally want harmony, what if a pony was a follower of Discord and wanted chaos though?
Pony's don't want chaos, they don't want harmony... what they want are things and they see harmony as a way to achieve that. Remember Herd animals not predators so they are interested in getting big groups of their fellows together for mutual protection.

So much of human behavior can be traced back to the fact that we are fundamental feel the best in a mixed gender group of between two to eighteen individuals. We are a tribal race and we defer to our tribes and our tribal elder. We like having a home to retreat to and feel safe up high. Meanwhile pony's are a herd species when they react and act in mass groups almost without verbal communication. A mass of horses is a united group sticking together for mutual protection. We are similar in some ways but there are certain behaviors that a herbivore animal would have that omnivores like humans lack.

So I see pony's being inherently drawn to Harmony. Chaos only a means to an end and not an end in and of itself without some kind of mental issue.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:42 am

Cptadder wrote:OAN All hail Overlord Obama, Romney just finished up his one hundred and forty second long concession speech, surprising short. It was a third a length of the McCain speech, odd.

CannonFodder wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
Pony's don't want chaos, they don't want harmony... what they want are things and they see harmony as a way to achieve that. Remember Herd animals not predators so they are interested in getting big groups of their fellows together for mutual protection.

So much of human behavior can be traced back to the fact that we are fundamental feel the best in a mixed gender group of between two to eighteen individuals. We are a tribal race and we defer to our tribes and our tribal elder. We like having a home to retreat to and feel safe up high. Meanwhile pony's are a herd species when they react and act in mass groups almost without verbal communication. A mass of horses is a united group sticking together for mutual protection. We are similar in some ways but there are certain behaviors that a herbivore animal would have that omnivores like humans lack.

So I see pony's being inherently drawn to Harmony. Chaos only a means to an end and not an end in and of itself without some kind of mental issue.
WRT alicorns, I think it might also be important to note that most sub-members of the Goddess haven't got the mental training or experience or... well, whatever, to go about resisting her. Couple that with her having mostly stayed within her strongest area of influence until recently in FOE (IIRC) and it's probably not surprising that very few alicorns have gone against the Goddess.

Also, from what I heard on the news Romney only had an acceptance speech written, so that might explain why his concession speech was so short.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:47 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:.

Also, from what I heard on the news Romney only had an acceptance speech written, so that might explain why his concession speech was so short.
Would not surprise me, it's quite possible if you live only in the News Corp bubble reading the New York Post and Wall Street Journal. Then turning on Fox News and reading the Drudge Report online and talking only to campaign staff who's entire job is to say on message about how great your doing... I could see the Bubble developing for weeks and weeks meanwhile Nate Silver is over there running those pesky maths but hey it's okay you have your own Internal polls which are just Nate Silver's averages plus six points for you. Your paying twenty thousand dollars per poll so why not make your own polls happy ones.

And on the speech length, it was pointed out to me that McCain had to stop twice for hecklers shouting things about the President so his speech was naturally longer since he had to take time out to tell the crowd to stop shouting because he complemented Obama.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:56 am

Cptadder wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:.

Would not surprise me, it's quite possible if you live only in the News Corp bubble reading the New York Post and Wall Street Journal. Then turning on Fox News and reading the Drudge Report online and talking only to campaign staff who's entire job is to say on message about how great your doing... I could see the Bubble developing for weeks and weeks meanwhile Nate Silver is over there running those pesky maths but hey it's okay you have your own Internal polls which are just Nate Silver's averages plus six points for you. Your paying twenty thousand dollars per poll so why not make your own polls happy ones.

And on the speech length, it was pointed out to me that McCain had to stop twice for hecklers shouting things about the President so his speech was naturally longer since he had to take time out to tell the crowd to stop shouting because he complemented Obama.

It amazed me less than I would have liked (i.e. at all) how much the commentariat was piling on Silver in the last week. The sheer reveling in innumeracy is something I wish that we wouldn't see. (And of course many seemed to forget that while he called the Obama wave in 2k8, he likewise predicted the 2k10 republican electoral surge, and acted like he was just pushing a leftist agenda.)
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:33 am

oH, LOOKS LIKE MY COWORKER IS MOVING TO CANADA... THE GUYS DUMB AND DOESN'T GIVE A JUSTIFIABLE REASON FOR SOMETHINGS...

Oh look Luna is in the room, where do you... you're saying celestia is moving to canada?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:12 am

Well then, my main concern right now is if Obama's going to go for gun control again. He had an agenda of it early on before dropping it when he realized the people'z weren't all that into it.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:35 am

Mister Frost wrote:Well then, my main concern right now is if Obama's going to go for gun control again. He had an agenda of it early on before dropping it when he realized the people'z weren't all that into it.
Derpy Hooves
See things like this worry me, we had five very public mass shootings and one attempted assassination of a United States Congressman and each time you had the the Left expect Obama to purpose big gun control registration... instead he sign a bill so now you can carry concealed in public parks. He literally has nothing in his legislative agenda to fight guns and when you ask leading Democrats like former Speaker of the House Pelosi and Senator Read current Senate Majority Leader and they admit the Democratic party in large part gave up on gun control as an issue in the 90s because the NRA is just to powerful a lobby.

Yet somehow OMG the Democrats are going to take your guns away.... and... who funds those calls... could it be Browning, Colt, Glock and other gun makers who want to sell a few more guns?
You might have a case in the state Houses, state politics are always kinda crazy like hey Pot is totally legal in Colorado and Washington state now... but in the national stage the chance of gun control legislation of any kind is zero under this President. Hell as I pointed out to a conservative friend recently, Romney passed six gun control laws in Massachusetts to Obama's zero as Senator and President yet Romney had the NRA endorsement... what kind of sense does that make?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:22 am

I'm saying that he abandoned it before, but may pursue it now that he doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected (though both Clinton and Bush rather moderated during their respective second terms)

The only reason it's my main worry is because there's not much else to worry about from him. His economic policies aren't the best, in my opinion, but he's not the OMG DIRTY COMMIE that some claim he is. Plus, with his support, maybe gay rights will actually get some national legislation
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:11 am

Mister Frost wrote:I'm saying that he abandoned it before, but may pursue it now that he doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected (though both Clinton and Bush rather moderated during their respective second terms)
And I'm saying he never had them to begin with and one of the people he'd need (Reid) has zero interest in gun control legislation. So if gun control legislation is broadly unpopular and the leader of the Senate won't bring it to a vote nor will his whip (Durbin) then why even try? Trust me it's not going to happen with a pair of blue dogs leading the Senate. Presidents are not fools and will not waste time trying to pass things that have zero chance of success when they have so many other things they want to do that build their legacy like Immigration reform or another moon shot.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:26 am

You said "moon shot" and I immediately thought of a gunfight on the moon.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:49 am

CannonFodder wrote:
Cptadder wrote:

Going away from Project Horizons, there's New Beginnings, Wings (I think...), Misfits and my own story - Broken Bonds.
If I'm correct, these stories all have alicorns with their own mindset and my story begins just two days prior to the event, so even though that's not Horizons source material, it's still something.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:34 pm

My story Armed Redemption has alicorns involved to an extent but it's just barely started, we are about to release Chapter 2. One of the better stories seems to be FoE:Starlight.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:01 pm

What I want to know is what do you all think happened after Littlepip got into the S.P.P. and before they used the elements of harmony megaspell? I highly doubt it was just sunshine and rainbows even if the enclave had the majority of their airships destroyed and red eye's forces were taken down. If anything it was probably total chaos.

Personally that's my major annoyance with the original fallout equestria, we get littlepip going into the S.P.P. and then a jump forward and everything is fine and dandy. What I'm hoping for is with Project horizons for there to be when the story eventually gets to there is for there to be actual expansion on why peace was restored so quickly after all the major factions being destroyed.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:58 pm

In Armed Redemption (not to self-promote) we see that a lot of the apparent "dandiness" was Fluttershy being optimistic. Even 50 years later the Wasteland isn't a great place to live
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:08 pm

Mister Frost wrote:In Armed Redemption (not to self-promote) we see that a lot of the apparent "dandiness" was Fluttershy being optimistic. Even 50 years later the Wasteland isn't a great place to live
There's certainly a reason why NETC starts its peninsular rail operations with those armed and armored locomotives rather than something lighter.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:12 pm

And why Prancinatti still operates a few armored vehicles. Hinds I still think you should put some of your headcanon on google docs and share it with the fandom, we could seriously learn something from you.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:20 pm

The DF error log is mostly cleared now.
Except for the one large group of errors that are to do with creature variations. And I've wracked my brain for several hours now, but still can't figure out what to do with them.

/target wall
/bang head
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:36 pm

@PostFOE: I don't think they said everything was dandy, they talked about their still being raiders attacking caravans, even after the Elememts of Harmony, and in the epilogue I believe the raider attacks had just started to die down. Besides it wouldn't be that bad after Littlepip goes in, certainly not chaos. All the raiders with with Red Eye are dead, which was basically all the raiders in any large presence. The new Brotherhood of Steel was helping to restore order, and with essentially no organized resistance, so they should have been able to keep a lid on things. I'm not sure what you are expecting to cause chaos at this point in the canon Canterlot area. So minimal raider attacks is exactly what I would be expecting.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Is it canon that all of Red Eye's forces are dead? I find it hard to believe that they could reliably say that.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Going away from Project Horizons, there's New Beginnings, Misfits

Ah, yes. The two good stories with authors missing in action.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 14 1751538862
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next