Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+33
Sindri
Downloaded Skill
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Mister Nikel
Katarn
tylertoon2
Ametros
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
Kippershy
Plasticube
Mech
WovenTales
SilentCarto
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Quotidian
FeatherDust
WavemasterRyx
OBS.GS.§S
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
Valikdu
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Caoimhe
Vergil
37 posters

Page 23 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:10 am

Hey, I'm not saying I've got the biggest and therefore not really debating on the size of it.
However, what I am saying is I only save the higher quality ones.

Which is a point; I've never really saved much P.H stuff, despite having a folder for it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:23 am

With a mellowed-out feeling: Good morning everypony.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:29 am

I got my haircut today.

For once, I am clean shaven AND have short hair.

...This isn't the Kipper I know.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:35 am

I let my hair grow out because I don't like haircuts but I have to get one regardless. Going to get a 'normal haircut' but have the back done up in a short ponytail for sophistication.

Wait a minute, ponies, ponytail-LOLDAMNIT

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:40 am

Skipping everything on this page for a moment to express how I would love love love love love love if S3 had an episode that was a day in the lives of the Princesses. Start the episode with Celestia reading the latest letter from T-Sparx and go from there. Worldbuilding, bitches.

Edit: All those luna pics and no
Spoiler:
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:47 am

With patriotism for my fandom: I have a feeling that MLP will be around for many years to come.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Skipping everything on this page for a moment to express how I would love love love love love love if S3 had an episode that was a day in the lives of the Princesses. Start the episode with Celestia reading the latest letter from T-Sparx and go from there. Worldbuilding, bitches.

Edit: All those luna pics and no
Spoiler:

Saved <3
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:03 pm

HUZZAH, HEATHEN!
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Tumblr_lszb2yyxlf1r05905o1_400
EDIT: Got a luna pic for you, don't remember if it was already posted.
Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Ironmonger wrote:HUZZAH, HEATHEN!
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Tumblr_lszb2yyxlf1r05905o1_400
EDIT: Got a luna pic for you, don't remember if it was already posted.
Spoiler:

Didn't post but already have it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:18 pm

I have a folder filled with assorted pony stuff, mostly FoE and Blackjack...Blackjack space marines hmmm.... Twilight Sparkle

EDIT: If Security steals a carriage is it grand theft auto or blackjacking? Twilight crazy Don't ask, I just came up with that one. Derpy Hooves

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Yes, that is a hard-drive designated "Pony"

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Ponyfo10
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:22 pm

No NMM folder?! What, she not good enough for your harddrive?
Spoiler:
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:23 pm

I keep all of my stuff on a hard drive. A messy one that I need to clean up. Also this.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Brushhiiieeeee_by_therealzim-d355whw

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:27 pm

CamoBadger wrote:No NMM folder?! What, she not good enough for your harddrive?
Spoiler:

NMM isn't popular in the breads, no-one ever posts her so no pictures of her.
I'm not against her, but I'm not at all partial to her either.

Straight up Luna is best Luna. Hell, Luna only comes secondpony to yellowpony for me.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:29 pm

Kippershy wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:No NMM folder?! What, she not good enough for your harddrive?
Spoiler:

NMM isn't popular in the breads, no-one ever posts her so no pictures of her.
I'm not against her, but I'm not at all partial to her either.

Straight up Luna is best Luna. Hell, Luna only comes secondpony to yellowpony for me.
We can agree on this...mostly. Luna is clearly best pony, but oh well.

If you'd like any more Luna pictures, let me know. My number is up to 366 Lunapics now.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Rainbow Dash is best pony. Still love luna but she is secondpony.

Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:37 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Bah. Unfazed. Methinks I'm broken. Also having my favorite song at the moment be 'Lullaby for a Princess' is probably why I'm emotionally drained all the time.
I know, right?! I tear up every time that comes up on my pseudopod (non-apple mp3 player), especially when it hits the bridge about how she never thought she'd have to face eternity alone.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:48 pm

O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:57 pm

O. Hinds wrote:

Oh fuck me with a fire-hydrant I love this song O.O
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:11 pm

I like the song (not perfect, but pretty damn good), but I'm having a difficult time connecting it to Security.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Sindri wrote:I like the song (not perfect, but pretty damn good), but I'm having a difficult time connecting it to Security.
I'm meh on the song, and in no way connect it to Security. Sure it's in security's honor it's fine but if you had to pen something for security I always imaged something like this ditty Rocky road to Dublin from Sherlock Homes
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F9nK0vX743Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Great movie fyi, but yes Blacjack does best while drunk and singing therefor she gets a rollicking high energy folk song.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:01 pm

Cptadder wrote:I'm meh on the song, and in no way connect it to Security. Sure it's in security's honor it's fine but if you had to pen something for security I always imaged something like this ditty Rocky road to Dublin from Sherlock Homes
Exactly! A Blackjack song should be jaunty, easy to sing while drunk, and have references to mayhem and/or brawling.

(But fyi, that's a classic song from the 19th century at latest. It's not from the movie.)
(edit: turns out the words were written by D.K. Gavan, "The Galway Poet", for the English music hall performer Harry Clifton (1824-1872), who popularised the song. At least according to wikipedia. So my guess of 19th century was awesome. And since then it's been done by... pretty much every band with an Irish influence to it, with The Dubliners's 2009 recording for the movie as the most recent listed.)
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:05 pm

Sindri wrote:
Exactly! A Blackjack song should be jaunty, easy to sing while drunk, and have references to mayhem and/or brawling.

(But fyi, that's a classic song from the 19th century at latest. It's not from the movie.)
Exactly, exactly... but yes I know it's a classic song but like all songs it's vulnerable to getting associated with other media, Highway to the Danger Zone is "the Top Gun song" or Ain't No Rest For The Wicked is the "Borderlands song"
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Look, you're all wrong.
There's one song that I suggested god knows how long ago back in the second comment thread on EQD which Somber agreed was Blackjacks theme...

That was this:

Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Cptadder wrote:Exactly, exactly... but yes I know it's a classic song but like all songs it's vulnerable to getting associated with other media, Highway to the Danger Zone is "the Top Gun song" or Ain't No Rest For The Wicked is the "Borderlands song"
I guess it's just that I first heard that song over a decade ago and haven't gotten around to the movie yet.

Kippershy wrote:Look, you're all wrong.
There's one song that I suggested god knows how long ago back in the second comment thread on EQD which Somber agreed was Blackjacks theme...

That was this:

No, see, that song there is an old, successful person looking back at all they've lost over the years and giving up. Rocky Road to Dublin sounds lighter (Blackjack only sings when she's on the high points) but it's about somebody going through a bundle of setbacks and hardships along their journey, but always pressing forward (with the assistance of alcohol. and occasionally beating people with a stick). The tone of yours fits, but the themes are all backwards.

and also I hate Johnny Cash
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Ah, true as that may be Sindri, the thing with 'hurt' is it can also be looked as a "what have I done, I've failed." even mid-way through the story.

You see it as an end song, I don't.
Don't let the fact it was Cash's last song affect your judgement, or that he was old when he sung it.

His age could be used to portray the depressed, dismal, failurific feelings Blackjack is feeling at any point in time if she were to sing or hell, even without singing.
It's not about her singing it but rather how she feels.

That
is why this song is her song.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm

I'm not looking at the singer, I'm looking at the lyrics. He goes on about giving away his "empire of dirt" and how "everybody I know goes away in the end" and his "crown of thorns, upon [his] liars chair" and "the stains of time" ... this is clearly someone looking back after achieving (outward) greatness and only being able to see all the things he sacrificed or lost on the way to get there.
Blackjack's never built that empire of dirt, and sure as hell isn't giving up. She's lost, probably more than the narrator of the little story Cash was telling, but she isn't looking back on those losses from the end of the road and cursing her accomplishments for not being worth it, she's gathering what she has left and pushing forward to do something.

The emotions, especially at the start of it, do fit the darker moments for Blackjack. Like when she was stuck on the bed after losing Priest, this would be perfect. But the story it tells is almost completely contrary to where Blackjack is.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Doesn't have to be greatness.

Are you saying you never look back and regret choices you made or things you had to do? That if you knew of a way, you wouldn't change some things if there was no consequence in doing so?

Looking back in regret can be done by anyone, regardless of what achievement they've attained.

Empire of dirt? Hell, sometimes *I* feel like all I have is as much as an empire of dirt! I live alone, I've been away from parents since I was 17 and all alone since 19.
I'm 21 now.
I've held down a job since I was 16, made a little progression though not much.
I've got things some people can't say they do...

Yet it's all so hollow and meaningless that it may as well be dirt.

Everyone going away in the end isn't a time limit either. It could be that every friend you've ever made leaves you after a short while.
It could be that you killed your entire home out of necessity, and that would be everyone leaving in the end.

The crown of thorns is about how some people view her as 'Security, the mare who brings safety back to the wasteland one place at a time' while others see the "terrible deeds" she's done at the same time, and despise her for it.
The liars chair fits into the same message as the crown.
Queen Whiskey, destroyer and saviour of Hoofington.

You're wrong. You are so damn wrong.
Blackjack has given up in the past and if you tell me otherwise I will call bullshit on you.
The mattress? Giving up, but she made it back with help from P-21.

The rock of solitude where she tried to kill herself the first time?
I have tried to kill myself. I have been there. I know what it is and what it feels like. THAT is giving up. No bullshit about being lost, she was about to give up her life -- not in defence of anyone else, but because she was GIVING UP.

Again, when she did it in S99, she was GIVING UP.

Have you ever tried to commit suicide? Thoroughly?
Have you ever been to the point where it hurts no more because you've gotten to the point where it can't... to the point where you've decided to end it all so you no longer feel it?
That's giving up, and if you or anyone else tells me otherwise, I'll tell you to fuck off because I've been there, I've done that, I've given up.

I only survived through sheer... stupid luck? I don't think that even covers it.
I shouldn't have survived.
I should be dead.
I gave up.
Blackjack did too, she only survived because of an empty barrel.

The song has no time constraint. It doesn't have to be once everything is done and over, because guess what? There never is a 'done and over'!
You live, you die. There's no story to your life, even as a character of a story - if you look at it from their perspective, there is no story... only their life.

The song fits in perfectly for her any time she's feeling miserable and terrible about herself because all the fuck-ups and times she hasn't been able to help everyone because she isn't some all powerful god.

Just because she picks herself up or gets picked up, doesn't mean she doesn't get into it all.

It's all a matter of perspective; when you choose to allocate it and if you're open minded enough to see it as her life, not her story.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:53 pm

THIS QUIET OFFENDS SLAANESH
THINGS SHALL GET LOUD NOW

SOVIET METAL OMFG:

P.S.: VALIKDU ENGAGED FTL LOLK
PPS: hey, The Severing of Friendship and its follow-ups by a differedt author are good to fill in the wait a littgle. just have to get apst thhe subpar grammar, in places.

PPPS
The pegasus pinion press has a peculiar piston problem and the
probability of predicting performance problems is painstaking and
problematic.
Say this ten tiesm fast.

Last edited by Valikdu on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:55 pm

And no, I'm not angry at you...

I just...

The whole suicide thing triggers this frustration inside myself, and I get carried away.
I'm not angry at you or your perspective, I just have issues with myself.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next