Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+33
Sindri
Downloaded Skill
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Mister Nikel
Katarn
tylertoon2
Ametros
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
Kippershy
Plasticube
Mech
WovenTales
SilentCarto
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Quotidian
FeatherDust
WavemasterRyx
OBS.GS.§S
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
Valikdu
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Caoimhe
Vergil
37 posters

Page 24 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 24 Empty This post will make me late for work...

Post by Meleagridis Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Cptadder wrote:Page 21 Summary is go!

Caoimhe calls all 40k players neeeerrrrdddsssss
Iron Man 3 Trailer is released
FeatherDust starts a page worth of speculation about the Project Horizon in Project Horizon
Ironmonger and personal fitness
We all share stories about getting drunk because of Robo
Kipper walks in front of a car
Thread derailment for a page
Did I say one page? I meant a page and a half
But then Sindri shares a hint of the Forum shipping charts
We move on from silly shipping into serious shipping P-21/Lancer anyone? Okay we go from silly shipping into crazy shipping like TwiDash
SilentCarto breaks up with O.Hinds
We start talking about the Goldenblood-Luna-Fluttershy love triangle, dodecahedron, rhombus?
Discussion between Icy Shake, Sindri and I, I offend Sindri (Sorry Sindri) about Nobility and how Luna would be treated by the Canterlot Elite, also Dynasty and the Love Isosceles Triangle
Anyone playing Forum Bingo the Habsburgs Dynasty gets mentioned
Randomblank brings the conversation back to Glory's Mom
OneMoreDaySK moves the thread back to the talk about the original Hoofington group, Big Daddy, Keeper, Crunchy Carrots ect
Short talk about the "moving building" Blackjack sees, the thread agrees it's either the super tank or starspawn
Spam Spam, Tank Spam Spam, legitimate spam
Girls und Panzer! Awwww
Kippershy brings the topic into when we got into Fallout Equestria, some interesting stories are shared
Downloaded skill moves talk onto what the cyberdemon was (We all think it was a cyberdemon)
A short discussion of a subject that is dropped
We are warned that Ravaged is a broken and bad game and you should not buy it
We are informed that Dishonored is a good and great game and you should buy it
A very off topic discussion about legally changing your name, did you know Kippershy's real name was Kipper Steven Shy?
Ironmonger brings the talk to self defense laws and we spend talking about self defense laws here in America and those crazy Brits, not like us sensible Americans who sleep with shotguns loaded with rocksalt by the under the pillow.
The Forum Banner is changed and we all comment!
And we end 10 pages with a talk about Littlepip and Homage and how either Homage deserved better or Littlepip did.. I agree with Iron Homage is a tad underdeveloped, I always expected her and Littlepip to go adventuring together at some point.

That's ten pages and I'm done

Scene opens with three posters and one dog on a leaking boat in the middle of a roiling sea of posts. The sea is filled with opinions and trains that have fallen off of their rails, one of which is flaming and cursing. The posters are reading the posts as fast as they can but the boat is still overflowing and starting to sink. Poster #1 is a young man, Poster #2 is a woman in her thirties, and Poster #3 is a small girl holding tightly to a yapping puppy.

Poster #1
Keep reading! And don’t lose track of the topic!

Poster #2
(Collapses to the floor of the boat in the middle of a post, choking) Spam! How much more of it is there?

Poster #1
Ignore it! We have to keep reading these posts!

Poster #3
(Buffeted by a wall of text, caught by Poster #1) There’s too much of it! Even Lurkey’s losing interest!

Dog:
Bark! Bark!

Poster #2
The dog’s right! It’s hopeless! We’ll never make it to the current post!

Poster #1
We can’t just skip to it! We’ll just drown again!

Poster #3
(Tearfully) Maybe we should just give up. We don’t need to read the comments to enjoy the story. And sometimes Somber shows up in the chat, too.

Poster #1 No! Dammit, we can’t just give up! We need to provide feedback! We need to be part of the community! Come on, read! Read, dammit!

Poster #1
(reads posts desperately as Poster #2 and #3 sit aside hopelessly. Another wall of text buffets the boat, carrying the dog out to sea.)

Poster #3
Lurkey!

Dog:
Bark! Bark!

Captain
(Captain Adder and the SS. Ten Page Summary enter stage left. He dives into the sea, grabbing the dog and swimming to Poster #3) I believe he belongs to you!

Poster #3
Lurkey! You’re okay!

Poster #2
It’s Cpt Adder! We’re saved!

Captain
Quickly, everyone! To the SS. Ten Page Summary!

Cpt Adder calls for life preservers from the SS. Ten Page Summary and hauls the Posters aboard. They are given towels to wrap around themselves as they watch their old boat sink.

Poster #1
Our deeper understandings! Our image dumps! The occasional funny piece of spam!

Captain
It’s not worth it, son. If they’re that important, you can dive for them later... safely.

Poster #2
(Swoons) Thank you, Cpt Adder!

Poster #3
I want to be like you when I grow up!

Dog:
Bark! Bark!

Captain
You can say that again, Lurkey!

All laugh. Scene end.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:10 pm

After Meleagridis latest post I think I need to clear something up. I am not a grizzled old sea captain. I am neither old nor a sea captain.
Thank you
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by 222222 Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Well O. Hinds isn't British or a southern gentleman, but that doesn't change the fact that to us he's a British southern gentleman. I'm sorry cap'n, but the damage has been done. Official forum image of CptAdder: Grizzled old sea captain.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Erumpet wrote:Well O. Hinds isn't British or a southern gentleman, but that doesn't change the fact that to us he's a British southern gentleman. I'm sorry cap'n, but the damage has been done. Official forum image of CptAdder: Grizzled old sea captain.
But... Filly Science Glory! Aren't you ready for Science?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:22 pm

I think it has been established that a person's forum accepted image has no association with their avatar.
Examples: Kippershy, O. Hinds, CptAdder(new), Caoimhe
Counter examples: Somber
But Somber is a special case, because Somber is actually a pony. Besides, most peoples avatar either changes frequently, or can't be associated with a person, like Ketchups lightning bolt for however long that was his avatar.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Erumpet wrote:Well O. Hinds isn't British or a southern gentleman, but that doesn't change the fact that to us he's a British southern gentleman. I'm sorry cap'n, but the damage has been done. Official forum image of CptAdder: Grizzled old sea captain.
...I'm now imagining an alternate universe where Glory's VC group was sent on a suicide mission near the coast, and she ended up being rescued by Thrush instead of Blackjack. That could be... interesting.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:27 pm

...*casts glass on the deck* ANOTHER!
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Grizzled old science filly captain. Chicken

Though now I admit to a certain curiosity regarding the mental image I conjure...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:40 pm

@Sindri: don't tell CptAdder, but it's pretty close to your avatar. Its a black background with you outlined in white, not actually sitting near a computer ever, vaguely looking like an Alien from alien vs. predator, but a sort of humanized version, if you can picture that at all.

Edit: a better explanation would be take your avatar, give it an Aliens head, scaled to size, then keep it Quadrapedal but in a sitting position, with kind of vaguely humanesque body features.

Last edited by Erumpet on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Sindri wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
Grizzled old science filly captain. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 24 2374633749

Though now I admit to a certain curiosity regarding the mental image I conjure...

Captain Janemare?...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Valikdu on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:44 pm

Now you got me wondering what everyone's accepted forum image is on here. Me:Machine Priest mistaken for being insane just because I'm unpredictable...and scream at light fixtures...

EDIT: 41st brohoof...*flips table looking for it* Damn it gotta be around here somewhere!

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Erumpet wrote:I think it has been established that a person's forum accepted image has no association with their avatar.
But Somber is a special case, because Somber is actually a pony. Besides, most peoples avatar either changes frequently, or can't be associated with a person, like Ketchups lightning bolt for however long that was his avatar.

Actually, I'd like to dispute this claim.
Okay I may not look as handsome as that ol' buck in my picture (or anywhere even close) BUT -- this is the important part -- he is a reflection of myself.
What I wish I could be, what I am, what my morals are and what I stand for, what I would do in his given situation - good and bad.

Of course, he's not an entire self insert - he has things that are completely different about him, but my point stands.
A part of me is Crimson, thus, Crimson is me.

If I had Titan as the avatar then that would definitely be me however.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:47 pm

@Ironmonger: actually for you it's Salvadore from Borderlands 2, but without facial hair or muscle tone.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Erumpet wrote:@Ironmonger: actually for you it's Salvadore from Borderlands 2, but without facial hair or muscle tone.

I laughed.

Do me... unless you can't because of the video of me already hanging around the forums.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:52 pm

Erumpet wrote:@Ironmonger: actually for you it's Salvadore from Borderlands 2, but without facial hair or muscle tone.

Oi! I aint that ugly. Plus I have a lot of muscle tone....ladies... Spike

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:54 pm

@Kipper: appearances do not tell what a person is, from your stories and various escapades, you are pictured as a tall, hulking individual with particularly large hands, and long kind of curly hair.

Edit: With a tendency to bend over to see eye to eye when talking to normal sized people, and a long coat kind of like Hagrid's, but the pockets are filled with drugs, mostly mushrooms.

Also, in case you couldn't tell:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Erumpet on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Like a Deathclaw with a wig.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Erumpet wrote:@Kipper: appearances do not tell what a person is, from your stories and various escapades, you are pictured as a tall, hulking individual with particularly large hands, and long kind of curly hair.

Also, in case you couldn't tell:
Spoiler:

Tall - check
Hulking - depends who you ask, perspectives and all
Particularly large hands - definitely a check, they won me a best ass slapping hand competition once back in college
long king of curly hair - very curly when it gets long enough, very very curly.

Noooooooooooow it's all gone though

/cries/

edit: -bursts into laugher with your edit-
Oh god, it's so true!

Last edited by Kippershy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Like a Deathclaw with a wig.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHA
YES
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Disregard my last post Kipper, look at Ironmongers.

Edit: I see I was ninjaed due to my shitty connection. Well played internet

Last edited by Erumpet on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:59 pm

YEHEHEHEHEHE *muffles laughter with hand* It was the first thing that came to mind. This stuff is why people love me!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Captain Janeway?...
No...
Just...
No...

Not a filly, she's crazy, watch any of SF-Debries reviews to get an idea of how crazy Janeway is. Not because of how the writers intend to write her but how she ends up acting. Latent image is a good example of this
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Ironmonger wrote:YEHEHEHEHEHE *muffles laughter with hand* It was the first thing that came to mind. This stuff is why people love me!

Eh love, tolerate, its all the same right?
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:04 pm

Cptadder wrote:
No...
Just...
No...
Exactly the reaction I was hoping for :D
But hey, at least she's got the Science and Captain traits that were asked for.

Not a filly, she's crazy, watch any of SF-Debries reviews to get an idea of how crazy Janeway is. Not because of how the writers intend to write her but how she ends up acting. Latent image is a good example of this
I watched all of them. *squeak_pony_sound.wav*

...You have to agree that hearing the same voice from Flemeth comes very naturally.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Valikdu wrote:

...You have to agree that hearing the same voice from Flemeth comes very naturally.
Yes when you need a evil old woman voice, you can't go wrong with Janeway.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Sindri wrote:
No, see, that song there is an old, successful person looking back at all they've lost over the years and giving up. Rocky Road to Dublin sounds lighter (Blackjack only sings when she's on the high points) but it's about somebody going through a bundle of setbacks and hardships along their journey, but always pressing forward (with the assistance of alcohol. and occasionally beating people with a stick). The tone of yours fits, but the themes are all backwards.

and also I hate Johnny Cash

I'm late in on this but Trent Reznor originally wrote that song as a coda to an album about depression and suicide. Hurt, being at the end was about the character ultimately giving up and killing himself. I loathe Nine Inch Nails for a number of reasons but I dig Cash's spin on it but I can't unthink the song as being nothing more than a depressing giving up on life suicide note after years of heroin abuse.

Also I dug that other track up until the dubsteppy part. I hate dubstep and feel it needs to stop. DnB is fine but dubstep is just all wrong to me. Everyone wants to make dubstep now which is depressing.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Erumpet wrote:I think it has been established that a person's forum accepted image has no association with their avatar.

I am actually Scootaloo inside a sandwich irl so I am greatly offended and request you check your privilege.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:15 pm

@Caoimhe: you almost had me there, almost. Luckily I remembered that Scootaloo tried journalism, but refused to associate herself with such a dirty profession, where as you are a spy sent from the manestream media to learn our secrets. Nice try you, but I'm on to your little game.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:32 pm

Going back to what Kipper said about avatars being a reflection, I can agree with that. I associate myself with the Iron Warriors because I've been through many hells and came back with my sanity intact, stronger than ever...except I still get nervous around sharp objects. For the sake of this say I originally was a being made of copper or bronze. Within the time space of four years I was turned to a being of cold, blackened steel that's been corroded away, in fact I get mistaken for being a horrible person or a bastard a lot. In conclusion, my avatar says that I was down but not out, and now I'm back and better than ever, ready to love and tolerate the shit out of people.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:33 pm

This thing is really a placeholder until I figure out what the fuck to make for an appropriate ponysona. But I just love scootaburg so much. :D
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next