Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+35
Somber
hawkeye92
Tia
Necr0maNceR
nebulous
Randombuttons
Orm
Downloaded Skill
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
SilentCarto
tylertoon2
Kattlarv
Stringtheory
Ametros
Icy Shake
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Caoimhe
iLateralGX
Vergil
IncoherentOrange
Sindri
Valikdu
Ketchup
Cptadder
Ironmonger
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
39 posters

Page 22 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:44 pm

Would this be closer to the types of tanks in FoE?
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 22 Char2C_Berry

ALSO
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 22 That_look____by_mistermech-d5gq6bj

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Downloaded Skill Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:56 pm

If Glory is going to accompany Blackjack to Enclave's base at Shadowbolt tower, and no doubt she will since Operative Lighthooves needs a serious asskicking for what he did to Glory and the wasteland as a whole, there has to be some kind of cure or suppressant for the Killing Joke or she is going to get disintegrated on the spot. Thing is wouldn't a cure of some kind have been discussed before? Wouldn't Lacunae know something about this since she can tap into the Goddesses' knowledge? I guess this is because their only zebra interactions have been with engineers, not alchemists and the more pressing immediate concerns. Maybe with Scotch's condition, Blackjack running away, Hightower, and the Stygius incident there hasn't been time to actually buckle down and plan out a cure.

The only other alternative would be to make Glory's polymorph no longer funny to the plant. Something like what Blackjack did by using the living bomb effect for her own benefit, but that doesn't seem likely since constant angst due to loss of identity would take a very long time work out.

I sincerely hope they do find a cure, even if it might seem like it comes out of no where, because "going home" can be construed in a lot of very unpleasant ways since Glory has no true home now. She has no place amongst the Enclave and her position with Blackjack is still somewhat tenuous.

Please don't kill Glory.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:04 am

Ironmonger wrote:
ALSO
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 22 That_look____by_mistermech-d5gq6bj

Good lord, that is funny. I love Blackjack's expression.

Also, DAMN, I keep forgetting how big Hired is... Why
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:13 am

And another four pages down
Iron Image spams
O.Hind gets a new and better name for his city (I approve of the name change)

Small discussion about Whiny Blackjack and the next arc and speculation.
Which I will add this, Glory's home is not Shadowbolt tower but the Pegasus city itself, Thunder something or other (It's been to long). I don't expect us to see the city in person since you know.. clouds and cyborg murder ponies don't mix.

As fun as it might be to see Blackjack getting into Cloud based Hijinks it just does not work well with a race that can so easily fly to do everything. Even with the magic cloud walking spell that's known to be known.

Speaking of which I wonder if Blackjack is going to take whatever downtime she has left to get back into magic. It's been quite a few chapters since she cracked open her book from Tenpony and taken a look at it.

OAAAAN
Get Somber an avatar because skimming these threads is ten times easier when you can just glance as the visual of the avatar and have posts pop out. O.Hinds, Swicked, Admiral, Iron, I can just zoom right to one of their posts since image recognition is so much better in the mind than written recognition. To note you recognize the shape and color of something (Say a Tiger) faster than you can read the same word even if one is in the brush and the other is in ten foot tall letters on a billboard.

Last edited by Cptadder on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:14 am

RoboRed wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
ALSO

Good lord, that is funny. I love Blackjack's expression.

Also, DAMN, I keep forgetting how big Hired is... [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 22 2775469706

ALL OF THE YES
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:25 am

Cptadder wrote:Iron Image spams
It's like you've come to expect this from me! Spike XD

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:29 am

Downloaded Skill wrote:The only other alternative would be to make Glory's polymorph no longer funny to the plant. Something like what Blackjack did by using the living bomb effect for her own benefit, but that doesn't seem likely since constant angst due to loss of identity would take a very long time work out.
I don't think it's something that'll wear off, regardless of humor. Blackjack's explosions were an ongoing effect; they required energy to set off, and could be stopped as soon as it wasn't worth continuing. Transformations are generally an instantaneous, permanent effect; Golliath didn't suddenly shrink after he started using his strength and size to his advantage, because it would just have taken more energy to transform him back to normal.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:53 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:... bought some new boots... they are deerskin and stylish...

A woman at the bar kissed my neck. Friendly but I know better.

I'm lookin good btw. And ah've set sail again. I love low tolerance. Cheap buzz

Good man. No-one wants to see you upset because you threw what you have away over one night.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:37 am

I feel odd saying this but I just got a badass leather jacket that is both expensive and well-made (a hand-me-down from my giant of a brother)...Unfortunately I can neither close the jacket fully nor cross my arms in it...time to find someone to sell it to. Applejacks

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:51 am

Ironmonger wrote:I feel odd saying this but I just got a badass leather jacket that is both expensive and well-made (a hand-me-down from my giant of a brother)...Unfortunately I can neither close the jacket fully nor cross my arms in it...time to find someone to sell it to. Applejacks
What are its measurements, what price range are you asking for, etc.? And what style is it specifically? Pics?

edit: And how many and what size of pockets does it have? Pockets are important.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:06 am

Sindri wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I feel odd saying this but I just got a badass leather jacket that is both expensive and well-made (a hand-me-down from my giant of a brother)...Unfortunately I can neither close the jacket fully nor cross my arms in it...time to find someone to sell it to. Applejacks
What are its measurements, what price range are you asking for, etc.? And what style is it specifically? Pics?

edit: And how many and what size of pockets does it have? Pockets are important.

It has no measurements on it, only thing I can tell you is that it's a heavy brown real leather jacket, brownish-red silky interior, two pockets on each side 1 horizontal and one vertical, and it says "Golden Hawk" on the inside. Part of the tag is written in French. Sorry.

EDIT: I'm being stupid again, Golden Hawk is the brand I think. My mom wants me to see if anyone can wear it, she doesn't want me to sell it because apparently giving it away is the right thing to do (If I could roll my eyes my retinas would be severed).

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:30 am

Well, hopefully this is satisfactory. If anyone needs me, I'll be back in my pod trying not to hallucinate handprints appearing in my couch.

Spoiler:
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/32799024893
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:32 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:Well, hopefully this is satisfactory. If anyone needs me, I'll be back in my pod trying not to hallucinate handprints appearing in my couch.

Spoiler:

God, I love your art too damn much. Seriously, Waves, you're beyond amazing =3
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:48 am

Oh god that's perfect, quick take all of my money!
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:50 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:Well, hopefully this is satisfactory. If anyone needs me, I'll be back in my pod trying not to hallucinate handprints appearing in my couch.

Spoiler:
...I didn't know I could "squee" that high...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:54 am

RoboRed wrote:...I didn't know I could "squee" that high...
*glass shatters*

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:57 am

Erumpet wrote:@HindsStory: well I finally got around to reading it. I definitely liked the first one better, this one was still good but I felt like it didn't know what it was supposed to be. Is it dialogue? Is it exposition? Is it foreshadowing?(probably not due to the nature of short stories but eh) I think in conjunction with the first story you have some nice groundwork for a short story anthology of O Hinds head cannon though. But back to the point, I would suggest either dropping the characters personality like someone said and really just make it exposition, or drop some of the lectureyness and make it character driven, as you seem to have put some thought into these characters. That is of course in the context of a short story. As part of a full story just taken out of context I suppose it's fine. Hope that helped, but take it with a grain of salt. I may be good at analyzing literature(thank you Mrs.IF) but I certainly don't know anything about writing literature.
Ah, thank you. Part of the problem is perhaps that it is sort of an excerpt, just not from a larger written story. It also likely would have been longer and more complete, as I said, if I know what state the Remnant is in after the end of PH; as it is, it might be anything from "They all get away scot free" to "Remnant? You mean those zebras that got lasered to the last equine?", which makes it difficult to cap an explanation of them.
Cptadder wrote:And another four pages down
Iron Image spams
O.Hind gets a new and better name for his city (I approve of the name change)

Small discussion about Whiny Blackjack and the next arc and speculation.
Which I will add this, Glory's home is not Shadowbolt tower but the Pegasus city itself, Thunder something or other (It's been to long). I don't expect us to see the city in person since you know.. clouds and cyborg murder ponies don't mix.

As fun as it might be to see Blackjack getting into Cloud based Hijinks it just does not work well with a race that can so easily fly to do everything. Even with the magic cloud walking spell that's known to be known.

Speaking of which I wonder if Blackjack is going to take whatever downtime she has left to get back into magic. It's been quite a few chapters since she cracked open her book from Tenpony and taken a look at it.

OAAAAN
Get Somber an avatar because skimming these threads is ten times easier when you can just glance as the visual of the avatar and have posts pop out. O.Hinds, Swicked, Admiral, Iron, I can just zoom right to one of their posts since image recognition is so much better in the mind than written recognition. To note you recognize the shape and color of something (Say a Tiger) faster than you can read the same word even if one is in the brush and the other is in ten foot tall letters on a billboard.
Thunderhead. Also, nice new avatar yourself.

Spoiler:
Very nicely done, WavemasterRyx.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:32 am

OMG Wave, that's so great!

I see your shading is improving too!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:36 am

...filly...glory...labcoat...goggles...HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:48 am

Has Gmail's "View Entire Message" button vanished for anyone else on here?
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/gmail/reading-and-receiving-messages/Lsadwy2qLak
This is very annoying...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:15 am

Spoiler:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee
Rainbow
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:21 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Thunderhead. Also, nice new avatar yourself.
Thank you on both counts

Wait so giant cloud flying fortress is a Thunderhead which is also the name of the city? Or was it the HMS Thunderhead named for the city of Thunderhead much the way the Chicago is named for the city of the same name.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:26 am

Cptadder wrote:Wait so giant cloud flying fortress is a Thunderhead which is also the name of the city? Or was it the HMS Thunderhead named for the city of Thunderhead much the way the Chicago is named for the city of the same name.
The relationship between the names, if any, is unknown.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:58 am

I've noticed the combat aspect of the stories seem to be unpopular on this thread (I might be missing something), but I had a thought. For the sake of argument lets assume two combatants are unicorns of roughly equal telekinetic ability. Pony 1 has a bolt rifle similar to say a Kar98. Pony 2 has a Swiss K31. Difference being the German beat-stick flings bigger rounds and has a stronger action (can be modified for even bigger rounds safely) while the K31 can cycle much faster and is known for being very accurate and holds one round more than the Kar98. Who wins? What would be the most important factors in this situation?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye92 Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Would this be closer to the types of tanks in FoE?

They can look like whatever you want them to really. They went from a relatively unknown technology base to making use of advanced robots, lasers, plasma weaponry, limited antigrav stuff, shields and who knows what.
Whatever type of armoured vehicle you want to draw or make up as long as it either serves a story purpose or looks good in artwork it's good from my point of view.

The only stipulation really is that it has to be Iron Within, Iron without!
hawkeye92
hawkeye92
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I've noticed the combat aspect of the stories seem to be unpopular on this thread (I might be missing something), but I had a thought. For the sake of argument lets assume two combatants are unicorns of roughly equal telekinetic ability. Pony 1 has a bolt rifle similar to say a Kar98. Pony 2 has a Swiss K31. Difference being the German beat-stick flings bigger rounds and has a stronger action (can be modified for even bigger rounds safely) while the K31 can cycle much faster and is known for being very accurate and holds one round more than the Kar98. Who wins? What would be the most important factors in this situation?
Shot placement, surprise, cover, and allies. Also, chems. Other factors are probably also important, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:07 pm

hawkeye92 wrote:Iron Within, Iron without!
This part alone just made my morning.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 22 Brohoof_me__by_sundownglisten-d59evzg

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:26 pm

::Creeps in... looks around... eyes widen in shock... creeps back out again and writes before everyone goes bonkers...::
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Shot placement, surprise, cover, and allies. Also, chems. Other factors are probably also important, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.
On a straight-up technological advantage Pony 2 has the fight. The 8mm Mauser is most likely to go through cover so thats a point for Pony 1.
One-on-one Pony 1 would likely win given he only has one target to acquire, if you take allies into account then Pony 2 is a larger threat since he can fire more rounds per minute and wound/kill squadmates faster.

Pony1 -Pros: Sturdier weapon, better vs cover, better stopping power. Cons: Relatively heavy recoil, not sure if immediately relevant.

Pony2 -Pros: Technology, better vs groups, better velocity.. Cons: None immediately relevant.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:28 pm

Somber wrote:::Creeps in... looks around... eyes widen in shock... creeps back out again and writes before everyone goes bonkers...::
better hurry up, we just regained some sanity, but we'll quickly lose it and descend back into madness if we don't get a new chapter soon
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27 ... 32  Next