Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+35
Somber
hawkeye92
Tia
Necr0maNceR
nebulous
Randombuttons
Orm
Downloaded Skill
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
SilentCarto
tylertoon2
Kattlarv
Stringtheory
Ametros
Icy Shake
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Caoimhe
iLateralGX
Vergil
IncoherentOrange
Sindri
Valikdu
Ketchup
Cptadder
Ironmonger
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
39 posters

Page 27 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:48 pm

...I actually read up to this point no really I did.

Okay industrial theme music. The isengarde song is pretty good selection to me. If you look at it from the perception of real progress being made. There is progress. The underlying slavery is further accentuated by the march. Given red eyes speeches and the constant trumpeting of spritebots. It fits pretty well. Like when you're standing back from seeing filly indetail you see an industrial machine. The march makes you feel oh progress. Then the camera tightens its focus and starts to lead you by slave pens the sprite pits whippings and you feel that proud march become something twisted and sinister. Slow for suffering does not fit in with the mechanical nature of filly. A slave dies or drops it is whipped or replaced tossed on a death pit to be burned.

That is how I see it. Something that seems proud but is nothing but a perversion upon close inspection.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:54 pm

stringtheory wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:It's too bad I'm not a good enough writer to pull off the "Project Filly" sidestory I still wish I could do (or a good enough artist to make a comic of it...)
don't you dare call yourself a bad artist, your style is great for individual shots, not sure about comics haven't seen one from you yet so why not give it a shot?
You say Project Filly I hear "Muppet Foals", as in the old Muppet Babies Cartoon, Wampage, Blackjack, Glory P-21 and all the rest in a foal daycare getting into adorable hijinks while making pop culture references.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Cptadder wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:It's too bad I'm not a good enough writer to pull off the "Project Filly" sidestory I still wish I could do (or a good enough artist to make a comic of it...)
don't you dare call yourself a bad artist, your style is great for individual shots, not sure about comics haven't seen one from you yet so why not give it a shot?
You say Project Filly I hear "Muppet Foals", as in the old Muppet Babies Cartoon, Wampage, Blackjack, Glory P-21 and all the rest in a foal daycare getting into adorable hijinks while making pop culture references.
BRILLANT!:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:00 pm

I think wavemaster's artistic talent should undertake the comic.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:02 pm

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/278/0/3/team_meet_up_by_mistermech-d5gwv9l.jpg
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Wait! We should do the project horizons crew as TF2 characters... glory the medic. Scotch the engineer. P21 as demo. Blackjack as...ummm scout? Lacunae as heavy. Rampage as ummm I dunno. Xanthe is a spy!
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Dat zebra is a spy!
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/278/0/3/team_meet_up_by_mistermech-d5gwv9l.jpg
Who are these s'posed to be?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:23 pm

I asked mech the same thing
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Damn, mech is on a roll. I guess those are all RP OCs?
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:06 am

i think yes

Blackgryphon is the sailor
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:11 am

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 1345371844017

Seriously, it made my morning (7 am)
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:17 am

this is the same sailor... he will also be singing this for the Brony Documentary.. healso did the twilightliscous trend, and the twilight fluttershy rarity, pinkie, rainbow and umm applejack head bobble images.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Apple_bop_by_blackgryph0n-d55sc9t

Applejack is my favorite outta the six, shes nothing but guts... pure unrelenting guts

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Last_moment_with_dashie_by_blackgryph0n-d4lzy9p
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:33 am

Someone colored it.:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:53 am

And now this music starts flooding back into my mind after looking at the colored version of that picture...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:08 am

swicked wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
Someone colored it.:
And now that is my background <3

...though I kinda wish it was higher resolution.

Both it and the B&W version are now my backgrounds...among 147 others...after this reminded me I should clear out some...and I got rid of fifty two.

Also, I'm amazed that I forgot how good real, high-cacao dark chocolate tastes. It'd just been so long....
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:27 am

Weekend is approaching. Got a ton of homework. Disregard homework, acquire chapter 51? What was it, Snipehamster, OHinds, and others brushing? Gah, I need sleep. G'nite.

Got introduced to a game called Laughing Out Loud, or something with the same acronyms. Sleep more 'mportant right now.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:26 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Weekend is approaching. Got a ton of homework. Disregard homework, acquire chapter 51? What was it, Snipehamster, OHinds, and others brushing? Gah, I need sleep. G'nite.

Got introduced to a game called Laughing Out Loud, or something with the same acronyms. Sleep more 'mportant right now.
No, LOL is more important! You'll never get a pentakill with that attitude! =P

I, too, am looking forward to another update, though I admittedly might not be able to read it immediately this weekend since I've got a ten page paper on war crimes in Eastern Europe to do, alongside a charcoal value drawing with lots of perspective, plus social obligations. Hopefully, I'll find time, though, 'cos dat cliffhanger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ametros Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:33 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:No, LOL is more important! You'll never get a pentakill with that attitude! =P

Personally, I couldn't care less about LoL - on the other hand, I just discovered a nifty game called Awesomenauts. :D
Ametros
Ametros
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:55 am

stringtheory wrote:
Oh I wasn't saying I'm a bad artist (though I am), I was merely saying that indeed, the type of skill required for producing character portraits is very different from that required in making comics.
I've had a few ideas that are close, but I don't think I'd call them full comics.

Cptadder wrote:You say Project Filly I hear "Muppet Foals", as in the
old Muppet Babies Cartoon, Wampage, Blackjack, Glory P-21 and all the
rest in a foal daycare getting into adorable hijinks while making pop
culture references.
Something along those lines exactly, yes. Most likely with less pop culture references though.

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:I think wavemaster's artistic talent should undertake the comic.
Ah if only my artistic talent were its own entity that could do things better than me... like a zanpakuto spriti whose name I would never learn...
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Wait! We should do the project horizons crew as TF2 characters
I'll have to pass on this as well, already trying (unsuccessfully) to do a TF2 group shot of some other ponies.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:51 am

Going on the PH google doc link (I keep it bookmarked) I get this message that I've not seen written in such a way before:

""Wow! This file really is popular, quite the crowd here! Some tools won't be available until the crowd clears. try again/dismiss"

(It used to say too many editors. I suppose its a G.drive thing?)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:10 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:I think wavemaster's artistic talent should undertake the comic.
Ah if only my artistic talent were its own entity that could do things better than me... like a zanpakuto spriti whose name I would never learn...
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Wait! We should do the project horizons crew as TF2 characters
I'll have to pass on this as well, already trying (unsuccessfully) to do a TF2 group shot of some other ponies.[/quote]

umm you know what the best part about being the artist is? swicked can write the comic you just illustrate it... if I am not mistaken swicked has the best okmake...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:49 am

So I was in French class, and we where talking about World War II and specifically the effects of the battle of Stalingrad on Germany. The teacher called on me to answer some question, but I couldn't say Stalingrad, the word just wouldn't come to mind. My scumbag brain just kept saying Stalliongrad, so I just sat there for thirty seconds, with my mouth open trying to say Stalingrad but being unable to. Just thought I'd share awkward brony in real life moment.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Erumpet wrote:So I was in French class, and we where talking about World War II and specifically the effects of the battle of Stalingrad on Germany. The teacher called on me to answer some question, but I couldn't say Stalingrad, the word just wouldn't come to mind. My scumbag brain just kept saying Stalliongrad, so I just sat there for thirty seconds, with my mouth open trying to say Stalingrad but being unable to. Just thought I'd share awkward brony in real life moment.

Say it fast enough with a Russian twinge and you're fine.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:15 pm

You could also cough, while saying this. Might work :D
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:20 pm

Just do it!
You should hear me when I play FO3. "Steel Rangers", "pipbuck/stealthbuck", "Tenpony Tower", etc. Yeah, I'm special.
It also carried to class at one point...I said 'everypony' without even flinching while I was making an argument in Sociology class. I didn't notice until someone asked "did you just say 'everypony'?"
Yeah...awkward...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:24 pm

that is when you reply with "Like I give a buck"
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:33 pm

scootaburger is best poni
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Occasionally I say everypony, sometimes on purpose. Mister Frost and I tend to talk rather loudly about MLP in public places, everyone gives either the "What has this world come to" look or the "What the hell?" look. Once I slipped up and said "Everyf*ggot*" in a Micro Center.

Bonus: Scene idea for whoever wants it, somepony loads a ton of birdshot into an old cannon and fires it into a horde of ghouls.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Occasionally I say everypony, sometimes on purpose. Mister Frost and I tend to talk rather loudly about MLP in public places, everyone gives either the "What has this world come to" look or the "What the hell?" look. Once I slipped up and said "Everyf*ggot*" in a Micro Center.

Bonus: Scene idea for whoever wants it, somepony loads a ton of birdshot into an old cannon and fires it into a horde of ghouls.

Birdshot? I'm not familiar with the term.
...However... MINE!

Crimson would LOVE to do this. No word of a lie. He... kind've hates ghouls, more-so feral ones but he can just about tolerate sane ones for the right cause.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next