Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+35
Somber
hawkeye92
Tia
Necr0maNceR
nebulous
Randombuttons
Orm
Downloaded Skill
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
SilentCarto
tylertoon2
Kattlarv
Stringtheory
Ametros
Icy Shake
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Caoimhe
iLateralGX
Vergil
IncoherentOrange
Sindri
Valikdu
Ketchup
Cptadder
Ironmonger
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
39 posters

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:07 am

ketchup504 wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:"It's too late for me, Somber... just... help me take this mask off... so I can see you... with my own eyes."
Okay that seemed funnier in my head...
I actually watched Return of the Jedi a few days ago. I found that funny.
Well that's... unusual. Most of the time my jokes just don't work out, for some reason.

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Ack, forgot to comment on pic. Squee! Good job Ryx.
*smiles* Thank you, sir.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:That Glory is, well, y'know... glorious. Also, incredibly adorable!
Thank you very much, OAC, I'm very glad you like it.

RoboRed wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:I do hope you didn't
hurt anything squeeing, sir. *hugs*
Nah, I'm fine.
BTW,
do you still happen to have that picture you made of Midnite Bastion?
For whatever stupid reason, I didn't save it, the PM has disappeared
from my inbox, and I really, REALLY do not feel like combing though season one of the RP to find it. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 761398768
Certainly. I am very sorry I haven't been able to finish the full picture for the PHRP, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to work on it, especially after I found out one of the characters I had finished I'd done completely wrong.
Maybe I should just post what I have actually done sometime...
Anyways, here you are. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbd25dDlJf1r8cms2o1_250.png
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:17 am

Anyone ever heard of Project Saturation for MLP? Well imagine Blackjack oversaturated.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:54 am

So lets review, ten plus hours ago the political debate between Romney and Obama attended by six people where the following drinking game was played

The Rules wrote:
We all write down three topics we think are going to be mentioned during debates, after checking to make sure of new duplicates we throw them all in the pot and each player picks two. At the end we pick a last one which we all drink to.

The players are , JH, JO, MA,A and I

JH has whenever any percent (100% or 47%) of Americans are mentioned or Ronald Regan
JO has Tax Cuts and Auto bailout
MA has Four years and Job Creators
A has Small Business and Failed Policies
I have Bin Laden or Parents (If either of them mentions their parents)
We all drink on the troops being mentioned
At the end of the night I had "won" but only because Bin Laden was only mentioned once and there was only story about parents (Obama's grandmother) which left me sober for the evening until wham, nine mentions in a row.

JO went out first because of Tax cuts, A got murdered by the second Romney exchange where small business was mentioned four times in on sentence (And over thirty times that evening), MA got some nasty knocks because of Job Creaters when they started talking about the deficit and JH got killed by a back and forth where Regan and Tip O Neal got mentioned about fourteen times.

So lets also review, no vomit stains, no broken glass, no strangers in apartment no cops were called.
I give this drinking game a B, and the debate itself a clear Romney win because Obama would not hit him and Romney was. Not to go into politics but you don't play rope a dope when your opponent is already on the mat. Then your rope a dope is a chance of them to recover and start swinging again.

RoboRed wrote:
I like you drunk.
I like me drunk too!

RoboRed wrote:

Cptadder wrote:
snip:
Somehow, it gets funnier when I reread all of what you just said in my head while constantly staring at your avatar.
Grats again goes out to Wave for making a perfect little science helper

Ironmonger wrote:Anyone ever heard of Project Saturation for MLP? Well imagine Blackjack oversaturated.
Never heard of this Project
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:15 am

Ironmonger wrote:Anyone ever heard of Project Saturation for MLP? Well imagine Blackjack oversaturated.
I think I heard somewhere that it got cancelled.

WavemasterRyx wrote:Certainly. I am very sorry I haven't been able to finish the full picture for the PHRP, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to work on it, especially after I found out one of the characters I had finished I'd done completely wrong.
Maybe I should just post what I have actually done sometime...
Anyways, here you are. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbd25dDlJf1r8cms2o1_250.png
Thanks! (You make Midnite happy!)

Don't worry too much about it. We're a patient bunch.

Also, we decided we're not gonna have you do one for Season 2, because your head would explode from the sheer amount of characters that have been popping up this time around (seriously, it's ridiculous).

Last edited by RoboRed on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:26 am

@Project Saturation
The general idea was to take the primary characteristics of the mane 6 and turn them up to 11. Rarity is generous to the point of neglecting herself. Pinkie laughs at other's suffering...I don't remember how the others went but you should get the idea. What would Blackjack be in this state?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:32 am

Ironmonger wrote:@Project Saturation
The general idea was to take the primary characteristics of the mane 6 and turn them up to 11. Rarity is generous to the point of neglecting herself. Pinkie laughs at other's suffering...I don't remember how the others went but you should get the idea. What would Blackjack be in this state?
So it's just mindless flanderization? I fail to see the appeal.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:40 am

They were going to make a flash movie out of it till it got canceled. Apparently some so-called sociopath signed onto the staff or something as two different people, then later claimed both of them died. The leaders got all flankflutstered over this stupid event. If it were anyone else a damn wouldn't be given, but they went and canceled the work.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:50 am

Sindri wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:@Project Saturation
So it's just mindless flanderization? I fail to see the appeal.

There was more to it than just that. There was also some story about returning Discord but having him stuck in human form with limited powers. I don't really recall, it's been a while since I read the synopsis. Some of the progress vids used to be on this guy's youtube (he was one of the ones on the team), but they got deleted after someone hacked his account.

(Also, I'm not clicking that link. Oh no. Not falling for tha-DAMNIT!)
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:52 am

I did some quick research and one of the fake people, Angelica Sophie Gainnes, somehow made one of the staff fall in love with them or something, then claimed they died, and Mr. Galaxy tried to commit suicide a few times and took his anger out on the team, so they other members left. With as fucked up and confusing this is I can only be indifferent and facepalm. Whatthehellworld.jpeg.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Enough of my silliness since I know you tire of it. I have a legitimate question, why do a lot of people seem to hate FoE fics?

Not sure. It could be any number of rea-

Mech wrote:
Spoiler:

GABUH GABUH GABUH I DON'T WANNA PLAY NO-

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Spoiler:
http://wavemasterryx.tumblr.com/post/32799024893

Aaaaaah... What were we talking about? Yeah. I don't get it. How could you not like something with that in it?
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:09 pm

I came up with the idea of pony dreadnoughts (think 40k) for my story. If anyone wants to copy that idea or something similar you could explain it by saying different factions/nations have different designs and doctrines. Figured if I'm going to do some deep thinking I may as well share my work for everyone to use.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 pm

This would be fitting for Red Eye-era Fillydelphia. Either that or the Volga Boatmen.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:02 pm

I dunno, the bang of metal on metal is perfect but the triumphant horns are all wrong. Fillydelphia is all about crushing sadness, endless backbreaking toil that chews up and spits out any pony who gets near.

Fillydelphia is the sound of metal on metal, the clank of chains, the dull hum of industry and the shouting of slavemasters.

Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:10 pm

In that case it would be sorta like this, but add some metal on metal to it. It's the only depressing work song I can think of.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:52 pm

How does THIS is depressing? o_O

Lyrics for this song, if you need. -------> link
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:59 pm

If I remember correctly from my reading the song was written as a testament to the suffering in Tsarist Russia or something. I might be wrong. I sing it while I work but I keep forgetting the lyrics so I end up looking like a jackass.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:04 pm

it's song related to these guys. They towed boats, full of wood, IIRC. I'm not entirely sure about it's full origin, so I might be wrong. Also, this song might be used for RE's-era. But less as by oppressed..more by rebellious type...I think.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:17 pm

I just realized how difficult it is to find music with clanging metal sounds. Applejacks

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulous Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:39 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:I think they should really be called equalists. Feminist is kind of an odd term for one who wants equality.
Some term that covers both sexes would've been better, but the term "equalist" would leave people focusing on gender inequality issues without a name for themselves, since it would just mean general equality regardless of sex, race, orientation, bending ability...
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Tumblr_m875ssCy241qgmapj
Caoimhe wrote:Honestly if I had to choose something in that universe, I'd probably be a freelance writer or poet, or help as a source with the Wasteland Survival Guide. Any community, no matter how bleak, disestablished or corrupt needs the written word for entertainment or otherwise.

Actually, fuck it, I'd be a bartender, musician and general beatnick artist in FoEniverse. :P
If I was in the FoE universe post-apocalypse, with the knowledge I've accrued reading FoE fics I'd try to get some mechanosprites and the plans for a Crusader maneframe to start a wave of robot and maneframe construction that would spread across the world directed by uploads of myself. If large-scale heroics were banned, I'd try to help my local community however I could, probably doing much of my work like Scotch Tape but also personally working construction.
Ironmonger wrote:I've heard it described around 200K words or higher.
NaNoWriMo says 50K, and they define the length of a novel for a couple hundred thousand annually desperate, overcaffienated writers, at least.
nebulous
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I just realized how difficult it is to find music with clanging metal sounds. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 521210696
Find a different genre? What're ya list'n to?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I just realized how difficult it is to find music with clanging metal sounds. Applejacks

Einstuerzende Neubauten https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMpOxpkAUrA

Last edited by Caoimhe on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:44 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I just realized how difficult it is to find music with clanging metal sounds. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 521210696
Find a different genre? What're ya list'n to?
I mostly go for orchestra, metal, and military music. I sift through a lot of stuff yet I find nothing with industrial sounds, which being a a person who likes machines nearly to the point of religion, is aggravating.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:44 pm

Caoimhe wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I just realized how difficult it is to find music with clanging metal sounds. Applejacks

Einstuerzende Neubauten
THANK YOU! Rainbow Dash

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Indeed. One of my brother and I's favourite bands. We saw them back in '99/2000 and it was a magical performance.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:05 pm

nebulous wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:Honestly if I had to choose something in that universe, I'd probably be a freelance writer or poet, or help as a source with the Wasteland Survival Guide. Any community, no matter how bleak, disestablished or corrupt needs the written word for entertainment or otherwise.

Actually, fuck it, I'd be a bartender, musician and general beatnick artist in FoEniverse. :P
If I was in the FoE universe post-apocalypse, with the knowledge I've accrued reading FoE fics I'd try to get some mechanosprites and the plans for a Crusader maneframe to start a wave of robot and maneframe construction that would spread across the world directed by uploads of myself. If large-scale heroics were banned, I'd try to help my local community however I could, probably doing much of my work like Scotch Tape but also personally working construction.
I'd teach, whatever I could. Imagine how many uneducated ponies would be out there.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:09 pm

I'd attempt to use military discipline and trade to advanced the quality of living for my fellow pony. Occasionally I would send out heavily armed salvage teams with radios and a scout. Build up defenses using my knowledge of siege warfare. Attempt to unite people and towns.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:24 pm

@IronMonger Try DrDissonance1? Has a bunch of 'steampunk'd' songs.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:50 pm

Cptadder wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
snip:
Somehow, it gets funnier when I reread all of what you just said in my head while constantly staring at your avatar.
Grats again goes out to Wave for making a perfect little science helper
*hugs* I'm really am glad that you like how she turned out.

RoboRed wrote:Thanks! (You make Midnite happy!)
Don't worry too much about it. We're a patient bunch.
Also,
we decided we're not gonna have you do one for Season 2, because your
head would explode from the sheer amount of characters that have been
popping up this time around (seriously, it's ridiculous).
You're welcome, sir. I really hope I can actually get back to working on it sometime, I just don't know how soon it would be, and yeah... I would definitely decline doing anything for Season 2. I'm sorry, again.

Meleagridis wrote:Aaaaaah... What were we talking about? Yeah. I don't get it. How could you not like something with that in it?
It's too bad I'm not a good enough writer to pull off the "Project Filly" sidestory I still wish I could do (or a good enough artist to make a comic of it...)
I'm just glad that everyone here seems to like it, the people who don't just don't know what they're missing.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:38 pm

I just wrote some more of my new fanfic project, up to two thousand words on my first chapter. (and could use a pre-reader, if anyone's interested.) Now that I'm in a literature-y mood, I'm going to go read some Fallout: Equestria. Oh, it feels good to write again.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:17 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:It's too bad I'm not a good enough writer to pull off the "Project Filly" sidestory I still wish I could do (or a good enough artist to make a comic of it...)
don't you dare call yourself a bad artist, your style is great for individual shots, not sure about comics haven't seen one from you yet so why not give it a shot?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next