Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+35
Somber
hawkeye92
Tia
Necr0maNceR
nebulous
Randombuttons
Orm
Downloaded Skill
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
SilentCarto
tylertoon2
Kattlarv
Stringtheory
Ametros
Icy Shake
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Caoimhe
iLateralGX
Vergil
IncoherentOrange
Sindri
Valikdu
Ketchup
Cptadder
Ironmonger
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
39 posters

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:30 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Hah, sure. However you want. I'd be honoured. :)
Done; you're now thanked in the description. And thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:32 pm

I like that name she made its not obviously equestrian unless you know horse breeds. Thanks for that relief of commonality.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:39 pm

@HindsStory: well I finally got around to reading it. I definitely liked the first one better, this one was still good but I felt like it didn't know what it was supposed to be. Is it dialogue? Is it exposition? Is it foreshadowing?(probably not due to the nature of short stories but eh) I think in conjunction with the first story you have some nice groundwork for a short story anthology of O Hinds head cannon though. But back to the point, I would suggest either dropping the characters personality like someone said and really just make it exposition, or drop some of the lectureyness and make it character driven, as you seem to have put some thought into these characters. That is of course in the context of a short story. As part of a full story just taken out of context I suppose it's fine. Hope that helped, but take it with a grain of salt. I may be good at analyzing literature(thank you Mrs.IF) but I certainly don't know anything about writing literature.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:06 pm

FeatherDust wrote:If you got shot and killed while wearing a running recollector, I suspect it would record the moment of death. I don't think it'd do anything weird, though. It would just record the sensation of passing out from lack of oxygen to the brain or something.
Applesnack's Shattered Hoof Ridge memory orb experienced exactly that before Fluttershy dropped the healing megaspell.

Caoimhe wrote:LP is such a dork that BJ is a great counter to her. I wish they could have had more adventures together.
Hear hear!

Ironmonger wrote:EDIT: Found this and just felt like it. I aint being an asshole. Spike
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 Tumblr_m1ewh5oGZn1r3k1m8o1_500
Hee hee! I know it's rude as hell, but that made me laugh really hard. XD

Sindri wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
snop:
On the contrary, they've changed a lot. Of course over the last couple decades most of it has been for the worse...
Yeah... as with labor unions, I feel that they served a valuable purpose when the movement started, but are somewhat pathological to their own cause now.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:13 pm

Irrelevant post just to make an even 500.

Edit: I bought japanese Neighbourhood Technical jeans (girl sizes so hard to find!) today and they are the most comfy jeans in the world. aaaaaaaaaaaaaagggghh!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:22 pm

phucket

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 E4I7p
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:35 pm

DISREGARD MYSTERIOUS WASTELAND-SAVING PROGRAMS.

ACQUIRE WHISKEY.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:56 pm

@SilentCarto
I'm a friendly nice rude person who likes to make racist jokes without actually being racist. Fuck logic, acquire ponies. Tilt
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 Me_giving_a_fuck3

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:03 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Oh, I was referring to (in that Murky pic) how his buttocks crevice is OVER where the tail should be. Coccyx is over the butt.
You sure that wasn't his spine?

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:... bought some new boots... they are deerskin and stylish...
Classy.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulous Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:08 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Yeah... as with labor unions, I feel that they served a valuable purpose when the movement started, but are somewhat pathological to their own cause now.
There are counterproductive elements in the group as with any, but on another hoof there's still plenty of anti-sexism work to be done and good people doing it.
nebulous
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Somewhat related:
this seriously happened to me in guild wars:

It could only have been better if I actually had a female character who looked somewhat like Blackjack.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:24 pm

nebulous wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Yeah... as with labor unions, I feel that they served a valuable purpose when the movement started, but are somewhat pathological to their own cause now.
There are counterproductive elements in the group as with any, but on another hoof there's still plenty of anti-sexism work to be done and good people doing it.
http://www.freewebs.com/feminism-evaluated/

I don't deny that there are still problems with sexism even in the most fair and advanced nations. And I certainly don't deny the many wonderful things that the movement has done in the past. But for the last decade or two, as far as I can tell every change they've made has been for the worse, and most of the statistics they rely on to convince you that they're still necessary are outright lies.
I fully support equal rights and treatment. That's not what feminists want anymore.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:43 pm

X

Last edited by ketchup504 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:45 pm

Can't please everyone.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Dang, I haven't checked the EQD discussion page in a while.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:47 pm

I know not what to say, so have this.
Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:49 pm

So a lot of those complaints on there are pretty much "Blackjack is too angsty, too much sex and violence" type crap along with "needs to be shorter."

I don't know how someone reads the story for this long and comes up with those complaints. Idiots, all of 'em.

Edit: Cripes there are a lot of whiny jerks in there than I remembered when I skimmed last. What drives someone to go into a 5000 comment thread and post "this shit sucks why do you like it"

Last edited by Caoimhe on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:52 pm

I'll agree, whiny, agnsty Blackjack was a bit of a turnoff for me a while ago, but it seems to have been tuned down a bit now. (That, or I've become desensitized to it. Spike )
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:53 pm

ketchup504 wrote:I just checked on the old forum posts on EQD and there seems to be a lot of negativity there, including from one Jeffery H Bushey, who appears to be a brother of Somber's. Other than that, complaints that there are too many conspiracies, problems with Stygius, or that the story has been broken are popping up.

I find this saddening.
As a general rule, the people who are on the EQD comments are the ones who either don't care enough to read the repeated explanations of where we are, or are just there for trolling and thus not willing to make a cloudsville account.

Incidentally, welcome again to Randombuttons. Good to know that the directions are still accessible.

[me being a jerk removed; probably still up in quoteboxes]

Last edited by Sindri on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:57 pm

X

Last edited by ketchup504 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Sindri wrote:Somber, gotta say... if this is genuine your brother's a dick.
Can we not get in the middle of this unless invited? You're insulting the man's family based on one angry post, and that makes me uncomfortable.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Okay, went back to EQD to check the old ID comments, ended up on the HuffPost article on bronies, came across this gem:
"Neuropsychologist Dr Marsha Reeden has claimed bronies are a reaction to American's participation in the war on terror"
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 pm

Sindri wrote:Okay, went back to EQD to check the old ID comments, ended up on the HuffPost article on bronies, came across this gem:
"Neuropsychologist Dr Marsha Reeden has claimed bronies are a reaction to American's participation in the war on terror"
I read that little snippet somewhere. Interesting, but not at all true in my case.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:00 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Can we not get in the middle of this unless invited? You're insulting the man's family based on one angry post, and that makes me uncomfortable.
Blarg. Apologies; I should probably take this down but it's been quoted twice...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:18 pm

Sindri wrote:Okay, went back to EQD to check the old ID comments, ended up on the HuffPost article on bronies, came across this gem:
Pffffffffffhahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa! Twilight Crazy Twilight crazy Dash clapping

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:20 pm

Sindri wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Can we not get in the middle of this unless invited? You're insulting the man's family based on one angry post, and that makes me uncomfortable.
Blarg. Apologies; I should probably take this down but it's been quoted twice...

You can edit it out, ketchup you should do the same. Not anyone's business.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:26 pm

What this so-called Jeffery H Bushey said honestly sounds like something one of my many cousins would say.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 Rainbow-Dash-Shrug

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:27 pm

Yo, just drop it. Don't potentially piss off or embarrass him with bringing that up.

Anyway, I noticed a comment where Somber said that in this arc "Glory goes home." That's interesting. :O
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Anyway, I noticed a comment where Somber said that in this arc "Glory goes home." That's interesting. :O
Well... she's gotta, hasn't she? They need to get into Shadowbolt Tower.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:35 pm

Indeed, but as GloryDash??????? I CANT WAIT TO TUNE IN NEXT TIME!!!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next