Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+35
Somber
hawkeye92
Tia
Necr0maNceR
nebulous
Randombuttons
Orm
Downloaded Skill
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
SilentCarto
tylertoon2
Kattlarv
Stringtheory
Ametros
Icy Shake
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Caoimhe
iLateralGX
Vergil
IncoherentOrange
Sindri
Valikdu
Ketchup
Cptadder
Ironmonger
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
39 posters

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Ah, okay; I thought that people would have already read it. Mind you, I'm not particularly expecting anyone to like it (though I was rather surprised in that area last time); I was just unsure why no one seemed to have noticed it.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by 222222 Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:36 pm

Yep still in school, totally paying attention and doing calculus and stuff
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:57 pm

O. Hinds wrote:...So, no one has anything at all to say about the new bit of writing? I'm somewhat surprised that there's no interest.

Writing? I must've skimmed past it. Repost?

swicked wrote:
Kippershy wrote:Anyway, I must go now. Domino's
pizza website is fucked which means if I want any food, I have to go out
down the shops to get it.
*sigh*

Fucking domino's website. Seriously.
It's
cold and miserable outside, I wanted to stay indoors, but no... no food
in cupboards means I have no choice, and I don't like using phones so I
won't order via phone which means no domino's for me for at least
another week.
#firstworldproblems

As a citizen from the first world, I am extremely spoilt compared to how humans "should" be.
So yes, first world problems.
Though I don't feel guilty because it's the culture I was born into.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:20 pm

@Kippershy:
O. Hinds wrote:
I can't seem to think of anything else to add to this, so why not post it?:
I would probably have a better idea how to end it if I knew how the Remnant ended up after PH. Or maybe not.
This bit of not-very-good writing was partly inspired by All That Remains, though I've had Herminia, Windy Bearing, and the Hildegarde in mind in one form or another for a while.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:30 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
I would probably have a better idea how to end it if I knew how the Remnant ended up after PH. Or maybe not.
This bit of not-very-good writing was partly inspired by All That Remains, though I've had Herminia, Windy Bearing, and the Hildegarde in mind in one form or another for a while.

Thought* I detected traces of All That Remains in there. I like it, for what it is. Nothing all that bad about it at all.
On it's own it's nothing overly spectacular, but I'm guessing that if it was in true context and we knew the characters, setting and so on, it'd make a decent story piece.

Last edited by Kippershy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:00 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Finally got around to this.

Meh?
I require context. I know nothing about these people or events, and thus find myself unable to care about them.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Kippershy wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

Though I detected traces of All That Remains in there. I like it, for what it is. Nothing all that bad about it at all.
On it's own it's nothing overly spectacular, but I'm guessing that if it was in true context and we knew the characters, setting and so on, it'd make a decent story piece.
Oh, thanks. And yeah, context probably would help.
Herminia was a pilot during the war, flying reconnaissance patrol over the Sea of Equestria. Her Munditia was caught in the radiation from a detonating megaspell during the apocalypse, and everyone aboard died from it. Herminia kept moving after that, though, and eventually found her way to what would become Elusive City. She's been a theoretically independent (though, as the story points out, you can't exactly go against the only good, reliable source of the stuff you need to do your job) operating since, doing passenger, light cargo, courier, observation, and other miscellaneous work since then.
Windy Bearing was a mechanic on an Enclave Raptor that saw which way the wind was blowing during the Enclave's fall and set a fast course towards Masozi/San Franciscolt to defect to the Alliance. The defection was accepted and the crew sent to various places around the Alliance as part of a work and integration program; Windy Bearing ended up in Gibhalter. After shi (not hermaphroditic, just currently not yet assigned sex or gender) complete the program, shi went to Elusive City to figure out what to do next. There shi met Herminia and, after hitting it off, signed on as her assistant/companion/copilot/mechanic/apprentice/inferior partner/general-other-person-in-the-plane.
swicked wrote:Yeah... I don't like the framing, nor the particular idea. Where is this? And when is this?
Maybe if I'd read the originating works I'd get it better, but the scene comes off disjointed to me. It doesn't stand well alone.
...Originating work? Sorry; this scene is just sort of an excerpt from my headcanon.

Sindri wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Finally got around to this.

Meh?
I require context. I know nothing about these people or events, and thus find myself unable to care about them.
Ah, sorry.

On the plus side, this time I appear to have been correct about the writing's quality!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:17 pm

Just realised I'd put though rather than thought.
Small error, makes a little more sense now I hope.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:23 pm

swicked wrote:I meant I've never read "All That Remains". You said this was inspired by that.
Inspired, yes, but not really much based on.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:48 pm

O. Hinds wrote:...set a fast course towards Masozi/San Franciscolt to defect to the Alliance.
Okay, so who/what are the Alliance?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Pony puns are fine for some city names, but I really can't get behind San Franciscolt. That's just too blatent.

Fillydelphia, Manehattan, Flankfurt and Las Pegasas (what was the other vegas pun? It was a little better) and the like are fine but some are just way too cornball. Same with Flankorage or whatever. I get it was inspired by a fallout expansion but you don't have to be that blatant. At this point we know what the source material is inspired by already, so you don't have to put the extra hinthint in there.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Sindri wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:...set a fast course towards Masozi/San Franciscolt to defect to the Alliance.
Okay, so who/what are the Alliance?
...Ah. It seems that I may again have forgotten exactly which bits I've let out of my head where and when. The Elusive Alliance is a postwar entity, a, well, alliance of various groups brought together by the technically-malfunctioning but very charismatic AI of an Equestrian cruise(/Q) ship. By securing a Zebra drillship as one of the early components (indeed, the drillship's position is still right next to the Elusive itself), the Elusive Company gained a head start as pretty much the only supplier of petroleum from the time of the apocalypse to some time post-SR. The Alliance's second (though they would dispute this fiercely) most important and powerful member state is the Miliozi, a military zebra city-state based in what was once San Franciscolt and descended primarily from one of the only parts of the Final Assault to actually reach Equestrian soil. For some time Masozi was the Alliance's manufacturing hub, and the Miliozi are still the largest component of its military. The pilots of the Vetribi are Miliozi. There are other members (such as Profectum and the Principality of Gibhalter) adding further capabilities and complications, but those are the two big ones.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Pony puns are fine for some city names, but I really can't get behind San Franciscolt. That's just too blatent.

Fillydelphia, Manehattan, Flankfurt and Las Pegasas (what was the other vegas pun? It was a little better) and the like are fine but some are just way too cornball. Same with Flankorage or whatever. I get it was inspired by a fallout expansion but you don't have to be that blatant. At this point we know what the source material is inspired by already, so you don't have to put the extra hinthint in there.
Ah. What would you suggest? Though, granted, I lost some of the big ties to San Francisco when I finally dropped the Hubologist counterpart group (though that was some time ago; the whole San Franciscolt thing is probably one of the earliest bits of my headcanon and has changed a lot over time).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:13 pm

Hmmm...

I can't think of anything right now, but I'd take a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_horse_breeds and see what you can pull from there.

If you want a spanish name (like SF) there's a lot to pull from, probably enough for a good pun as well. If the city is a bay city like SF there's even a few San Xxxxxo names to choose from.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Caoimhe wrote:If the city is a bay city like SF there's even a few San Xxxxxo names to choose from.
Ah, so you've not seen my map, then. Yes, it is a port city.

I'll take a look at the list; thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:16 pm

I've seen your map, but I didn't notice it at first. :O
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:17 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:If the city is a bay city like SF there's even a few San Xxxxxo names to choose from.
Ah, so you've not seen my map, then. Yes, it is a port city.

I'll take a look at the list; thank you.
Oh, there is also the other name I was considering before finally settling on San Franciscolt: Gran Mananza. Does that seem any better to you?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I've seen your map, but I didn't notice it at first. :O
Ah, I see; it's the city on the bay in the desert. I even tried to make the geography rather similar.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Sounds good, but I'm just offering suggestions, you're the writer so choose what works for you!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Sounds good, but I'm just offering suggestions, you're the writer so choose what works for you!
More thinker than writer here, but thanks. I've not found anything on the list yet...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:21 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:Sounds good, but I'm just offering suggestions, you're the writer so choose what works for you!
More thinker than writer here, but thanks. I've not found anything on the list yet...
Hm... San Fratello?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:24 pm

Hmm, that works but is actually also a city in Italy (in addition to the saint). Perhaps if you changed a few letters so the reference to the breed is there but it isn't just word for word.

San Frantello for instance works because it amalgamates the horse breed and your San Francisco reference.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Hmm, that works but is actually also a city in Italy (in addition to the saint). Perhaps if you changed a few letters so the reference to the breed is there but it isn't just word for word.

San Frantello for instance works because it amalgamates the horse breed and your San Francisco reference.
Hm, yes, that seems like a good idea. I still don't particularly see anything wrong with "Franciscolt", but this does seem a bit better to me (and apparently much better to you). Right then! To Photoshop and DeviantArt!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Hee! Glad to help.

San Franciscolt, to me, is overly wordy for a pun since it incorporates the entire name with added letters to make it pony. Most of the other names are slight wordplay changes.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:50 pm

@EP: (Page 16) ... what are people talking about exactly? xD All I really got was that something with breasts, equine anatomy and Murky.

@Cao: (Butts) Psh, I've been flailing at people to stop raping equine anatomy, especially the female one. They do have a pelvis, despite apparent contrary belief.

@O.Hinds: (Story) Eh, don't... feel ignored? Or whatever fitting to call it. As said, quite a lot of topics was ignored. Heck, technically about the past ~30 pages, people have posted, derailed, ignored everything but the latest page, repeat. More or less. The latest chapter will sooo lead to me ranting about the previous error every time it is brought up xP
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:51 pm

Okay, done! I also changed "Hastsverige" (which I got from Ask Ikea Pony but had been thinking of changing for a while) to "Stockhast". Actually using a Swedish horse breed seemed difficult due to the very pragmatic way the ones I found were named ("North Swedish Workhorse" Well, yes, that's very helpfully explicit, but it's not so easy to pun with...).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
@Cao: (Butts) Psh, I've been flailing at people to stop raping equine anatomy, especially the female one. They do have a pelvis, despite apparent contrary belief.

Oh, I was referring to (in that Murky pic) how his buttocks crevice is OVER where the tail should be. Coccyx is over the butt.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Oh, Caoimhe, would you like me to credit you for the name, either on the DA page or on the map itself? Putting it on the map itself would be more difficult, since I'd have to make that v1.8, but I could do it.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Hah, sure. However you want. I'd be honoured. :)
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:21 pm

... bought some new boots... they are deerskin and stylish...

A woman at the bar kissed my neck. Friendly but I know better.

I'm lookin good btw. And ah've set sail again. I love low tolerance. Cheap buzz
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next