Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
Derpmind
Vinylshadow
StoneSlinger88
Scienza
Scyto Harmony
OneMoreDaySK
Valikdu
Kattlarv
Cptadder
Tytan
RoboRed
Stringtheory
O. Hinds
iLateralGX
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Ironmonger
Frost
22 posters

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:22 pm

This made me laugh way harder then it should have.:
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Swickedbait:
http://magister39.deviantart.com/art/Heart-of-insanity-473889945
http://velexane.deviantart.com/art/The-Great-and-Powerful-Trixie-s-dreams-448360409
http://conamee.deviantart.com/art/Trixie-Childhood-470726067

Derpmindbait:
https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2014/8/9/695773__safe_solo_derpy+hooves_smile_open+mouth_spread+wings_artist-colon-tuwairaitosuparukuru.png
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:20 pm

America is real:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:44 pm

Just like Mufasa James Earl Jones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:42 pm

Apparently Capcom is remaking Resident Evil. More accuarately they're remaking the remake that was on gamecube. Seeing as they released HD versions of Code veronica-x and RE4 I was hoping RE2 was next. But no that doesn't seem to be the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:51 pm

God, I love this president:
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:15 am

In other news, I finished The Wolf Among Us. Everything turned out all hunky-dory and everyone's happy, even though I beat the shit out of everyone and killed fucking everyone who crossed me. Goddamn, I rock at Justice.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:59 am

swicked wrote:
Valikdu wrote:When was the last time you've facepalmed to anything related to Electronic Arts?

Well, reset the timer if you haven't heard this one already: apparently, they've hired Anita Sarkeesian to "incorporate feminist ideas" into Mirror's Edge 2. The design team has to listen to her.
I do not know this woman.
Wikipedia depicts her primarily as someone who ran/runs a blog, made a kickstarter campaign a series of videos, then was harassed.
Why am I facepalming?

For starters, her KS campaign had collected a lot more than the goal (160K instead of 6K) - and, despite that, she hadn't come through with even a half of the videos she'd promised.

This should be enough information for most people to make their judgement about her (which would be: "this is fraud"), even not getting into the content of the videos she'd produced after all. There's a lot of bullshit in those.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:29 am

And, I've watched 1 and 1/8 of her videos, and I already fucking hate her.

"Damsel in Distress is a translation of the French phrase Demoiselle en distres....."
No. It's a translation of "Damsel in Distress", which is an English phrase meaning "Damsel in goddamn motherfucking distress." There's reaching for obscure facts to seem smart, and then there's making up obscure facts to seem smart. I'm normally all about equality and this goddamn cunt is making me start to hate women.

...Fuck, I need more gears on my transmission. I currently only have two speeds, I'm coming to realize--"Don't give a fuck" and "Jesus Fucking H. Christ, I hate this."
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:29 am

The "H" in Jesus H. Christ means "Horatio". Fun fact.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:01 am

"....The idea that women are fundamentally weaker, which is of course completely false." [best attempt at exact words]

Uh, no, that's statistically true. Yes, women are mentally every bit as capable as men. Yes, they have the potential to do great things and lead and ect ect ect. 

No, you cannot deny that it is statistically true that women are almost always smaller, weaker (in the sense of not being as physically strong) have less endurance, and, all other factors aside, can typically take less punishment or injury and keep pushing through. All vital aspects of being an action hero.

Yes, there are exceptions--but they're just that. Exceptions. It's considered abnormal to see a woman physically overpower a man, even if she's a trained fighter and he's not.

The idea that women and men are and should be considered equals mentally, socially, and politically is true and should be supported. The idea that women and men are equal physically is the biggest self-delusion I've heard in a long time.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:07 am

Well, I haven't really seen that many women, who would take on miner, lumberjack, construction worker, etc kind of job.
In most cases all arguments about that women can do same work as a man ends at suggestion to work as firefighter or miner.

Mind you, there are women who would not only work in same conditions as men, but (in some cases) surpass them.

Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:19 am

Of course, when both female civilians and female soldiers were asked if women should be allowed in combat branches (Infantry, Armor, Artillery) most said yes. When asked if they would try to join those branches if allowed, the overwhelming majority said 'no', so you have to wonder how much of the talk about "women are just as tough as men" is just a facade with nothing to back it.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:08 am

Mister Frost wrote:Of course, when both female civilians and female soldiers were asked if women should be allowed in combat branches (Infantry, Armor, Artillery) most said yes. When asked if they would try to join those branches if allowed, the overwhelming majority said 'no', so you have to wonder how much of the talk about "women are just as tough as men" is just a facade with nothing to back it.
Because of the nature of artillery (Must have upper body strength, those who want to have knees or no hearing problems need not apply) I can see why woman would shy away from it. Infantry makes less sense armor even less since armor is still a semi-prestige branch. Not to mention being treated better than standard infantry since they have the million dollars of equipment they get to ride around in.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:39 am

Mister Frost wrote:Of course, when both female civilians and female soldiers were asked if women should be allowed in combat branches (Infantry, Armor, Artillery) most said yes. When asked if they would try to join those branches if allowed, the overwhelming majority said 'no', so you have to wonder how much of the talk about "women are just as tough as men" is just a facade with nothing to back it.
Personally (and this is just my uninformed civilian opinion), I think that the option to serve in combat branches should be there, as long as they can pass the same aptitude tests and have what it takes to hack it.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:16 pm

Problem being when they lower the physical criteria of those jobs so that women who apply have more chances of succeeding.

BTW, here while the entry test ask men to do pull-ups, women only have to do suspensions.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:07 pm

Cptadder wrote:

Because of the nature of artillery (Must have upper body strength, those who want to have knees or no hearing problems need not apply) I can see why woman would shy away from it.  Infantry makes less sense armor even less since armor is still a semi-prestige branch.  Not to mention being treated better than standard infantry since they have the million dollars of equipment they get to ride around in.

Don't work a lot with Arty guys, but my battalion has two tank companies and two infantry companies (comes with being in a Heavy brigade) and I don't see much preferential treatment for the tankers. Hell, if anything, the tanker subculture is more strict and does more of the by-the-book bullshit associated with non-combat-arms branches. Infantry companies tend to be quite a bit more relaxed, so long as you're self-motivated and don't cause problems. 
Scienza wrote:
Personally (and this is just my uninformed civilian opinion), I think that the option to serve in combat branches should be there, as long as they can pass the same aptitude tests and have what it takes to hack it.
Thing is, the military's not a social club, and the infantry even less so. It's expected to defend the nation as best we can with what we have--which, with all the cutbacks and drawdowns flying around, is less and less by the day. The logistical burden, not to mention the cultural and disciplinary issues that will arise, will they be worth it for the sake of the handful of willing and capable soldiers we'd get in return? Yes, the principle of the thing is nice, but at a time when it's getting harder and harder just to get in, and money is tighter and tighter, we can't really be making decisions with few tangible results because they make us all tingly inside. 
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Problem being when they lower the physical criteria of those jobs so that women who apply have more chances of succeeding.

BTW, here while the entry test ask men to do pull-ups, women only have to do suspensions.
Already, on the Army Physical Fitness Test, the 18-22 age group of women achieves the maximum score of 100 by doing 42 push-ups in two minutes. For males in the same age group, that is the bare-minimum to pass, and you'll be all but laughed at in an infantry company if you score that. The disparity in the two-mile run is even bigger. 

For jobs where being physically fit is more of a principles thing, like intel, or most mechanics, or cooks or whatever, that doesn't matter. Sure, go ahead. Do your weak-ass push-ups. 

In the Infantry, shit's a bit different. My ass weighs about 200 pounds before I put my kit on, and I carry an almost 20-pound light machine gun on top of that. If I get shot, A.) you probably need to drag or carry my ass back to safety, and B.) you probably have to take my weapon and ammo, because that gun's the fireteam's most casualty producing weapon and the team is fucked without that firepower. So now you're hauling your roughly 15-pound weapon/load, and my 35-40-pound weapon/load. And don't even get me started on the M240B.

Ruckmarching through the mountains. Hand-to-hand combat. Various heavy weapons. The Infantry is a very, very physical job, and it's the same job no matter what's between your legs, and pretending otherwise is absolutely retarded. 

Artillery' just as bad. A 155mm shell weighs over 100 pounds, and you're carrying and loading those things all day, for days on end.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:09 pm

I've heard great things about the game, and I found myself hungering for a story/character-driven game that actually focused more about the events than those events being a bridge between obnoxious over-the-top gameplay.

And the game delivered. The characters are engaging, you actually find yourself wanting to know what happens in the story--it's goddamn rare to find a decent mystery nowadays--and, say what you will about the combat system, I enjoy the Bourne-style brutal hand-to-hand and improvised weapons.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:50 pm

The Wolf Among Us, you say?

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:29 pm

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:In other news, I finished The Wolf Among Us. Everything turned out all hunky-dory and everyone's happy, even though I beat the shit out of everyone and killed fucking everyone who crossed me. Goddamn, I rock at Justice.
What made you first get the game?
I'm starting to burn out on Skyrim, and I haven't even finished the main quests. Just so many distracting sidequests...

I mean, like... why is there a civil war, again? And this dragon's going to end the world how? I've still got a couple dozen "Get x number of y for me... oh, and kill the leader of z" missions, but that's only 'cause it took me too long to learn not to ask people if they need help with stuff.
@Skyrim
I have yet to complete the main quest (like, at all) but IIRC the Civil War was happening 'cos Ulfric Stormderp killed the High King (... with his VOICE!). He did this theoretically because the High King was staying true to the Empire (the humans faction, led by the Imperials, which previously had dominance over Tamriel but recently lost a big war to the Aldmeri Dominion, which is made up of the Alfs and controlled by the High Alfs), which was bad because the Empire was banning the worship of Talos, one of the Nine Divines. They were banning this because the Alfs told them to, as part of the White-Gold Concordat, which was the peace treaty between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion. The Alfs wanted this to happen because they have Divine blood in them, whereas humans do not, and Talos was a human that ascended to godhood (according to Talos-worshipers, at least), which was blasphemy to the Alfs. Soooooo, Ulfric says that the Nords need to split off from the Empire and make their own Empire (with blackjack and hookers and Talos-worship!), which caused a ruckus. It's also worth noting that certain files in the Aldermi Dominion Embassy suggest strongly that Ulfric was actually being paid by the Alfs to stir up this trouble as a way of weakening the Empire; he was listed as an asset by them. However, he may have gone "off the reservation," as it were, and is no longer in contact with the Dominion as of the beginning of Skyrim.

Now, as to how Alduin is going to eat the world, I have no idea. Haven't got that far into the game. :P But shit's complicated. Not... Morrowind-complicated, probably, but compared to the relative simplicity of Oblivion (as long as you didn't dive into the backstory too hard), it's definitely out there. One of the things I'm coming to appreciate about the Elder Scrolls games is the lore, and the fact that so much of it is really, really fuzzy. A lot of information is contradictory, especially when it comes to origin myths and the various gods, and even stuff that happens in previous games often gets screwy (The Warp in the West - every single end to TESII:Daggerfall happened).

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Damn; I'm realizing I've not touched Skyrim since Christmas. It doesn't help that I've had every ending to every quest completely spoiled
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:02 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:In other news, I finished The Wolf Among Us. Everything turned out all hunky-dory and everyone's happy, even though I beat the shit out of everyone and killed fucking everyone who crossed me. Goddamn, I rock at Justice.
What made you first get the game?
I'm starting to burn out on Skyrim, and I haven't even finished the main quests. Just so many distracting sidequests...

I mean, like... why is there a civil war, again? And this dragon's going to end the world how? I've still got a couple dozen "Get x number of y for me... oh, and kill the leader of z" missions, but that's only 'cause it took me too long to learn not to ask people if they need help with stuff.
@Skyrim
I have yet to complete the main quest (like, at all) but IIRC the Civil War was happening 'cos Ulfric Stormderp killed the High King (... with his VOICE!). He did this theoretically because the High King was staying true to the Empire (the humans faction, led by the Imperials, which previously had dominance over Tamriel but recently lost a big war to the Aldmeri Dominion, which is made up of the Alfs and controlled by the High Alfs), which was bad because the Empire was banning the worship of Talos, one of the Nine Divines. They were banning this because the Alfs told them to, as part of the White-Gold Concordat, which was the peace treaty between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion. The Alfs wanted this to happen because they have Divine blood in them, whereas humans do not, and Talos was a human that ascended to godhood (according to Talos-worshipers, at least), which was blasphemy to the Alfs. Soooooo, Ulfric says that the Nords need to split off from the Empire and make their own Empire (with blackjack and hookers and Talos-worship!), which caused a ruckus. It's also worth noting that certain files in the Aldermi Dominion Embassy suggest strongly that Ulfric was actually being paid by the Alfs to stir up this trouble as a way of weakening the Empire; he was listed as an asset by them. However, he may have gone "off the reservation," as it were, and is no longer in contact with the Dominion as of the beginning of Skyrim.

Now, as to how Alduin is going to eat the world, I have no idea. Haven't got that far into the game. :P But shit's complicated. Not... Morrowind-complicated, probably, but compared to the relative simplicity of Oblivion (as long as you didn't dive into the backstory too hard), it's definitely out there. One of the things I'm coming to appreciate about the Elder Scrolls games is the lore, and the fact that so much of it is really, really fuzzy. A lot of information is contradictory, especially when it comes to origin myths and the various gods, and even stuff that happens in previous games often gets screwy (The Warp in the West - every single end to TESII:Daggerfall happened).
I read somewhere the lore they put into Morrowind, just from books the player could find/buy and read, added up to several full-size novels.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:33 pm

swicked wrote:Thanks, OAC!
Any idea why it was called the White-Gold Concordat?
There is a White-Gold Tower in the capital city of the empire which hosts the Moth Priesthood, IE the ones that gather and study the Elder Scrolls, as well as a huge library.
Best I can guess, maybe the treaty was signed at the White-Gold Tower? There's nothing else White-Gold in the entire game.
I can't seem to find anything on any wiki or google that puts those two together, though.
Pretty much
And it's funny because the peace agreement was pretty much identical to what was offered before the war.

Okay here's Skyrim in a nutshell
Ulfric Stormcloak fought in the war because the Thalmor are dicks who never saw the Empire under the Imperials as that a great a deal for them. With the passing of Emperor Patrick Stewart back during Oblivion they were pretty much biding their time to take over the entire thing themselves. The Thalmor offered the Empire a chance to appease them and the then Emperor uimportant said no... the war really went against the Empire but in the end it was a bloody stalemate for both sides. To end the war the Empire has to give up large chunks of territory and ban the practice of worshiping Talos who along with being the Divine Emperor is the quote unquote god of the humans (The other divine are gods of the various races/concepts). Pretty harsh terms and the Nords were not down for that.

At the end of the war Ulfric wanted nothing more than to start the war up again having spent time as a prisoner of the Thalmor and being tortured by them. He did not break and managed to escape just in time for the war to end. Seeing no chance of starting the war up on his own he went home deciding he was going to stir the Nords up to rebel against the Empire and break away reasoning both they would be better on their own... he's a little bit of a racist and that the Empire without the Nords would be instantly attacked again by the Thalmor again.

You start the game in a cart with this plan having gone a bit south for Ulfric as he's been captured and is off to be executed. Hijinks ensue, the aspect of the end times in Dragon form is back he who will eat the world is rezing dragons and planning to eat the souls of the dead and... other stuff happens have fun since it's on you to cause it or not.

Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:45 pm

Disappointingly, the Daedric Prince's various quests were only the means to the end--getting powers or cool stuff from them. Goddamnit, I wanted to help the evil lords of Oblivion rise up and break the back of the world over their knee before crushing all resistance in an iron fist and proceeding to rule forever. I don't care how much damage this possessed mace does, it's a fucking shitty consolation prize.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:05 pm

As far as I'm aware, it can't be done. It's really dissapointing, considering that I had the most fun in the entire game when I was acting in the gods' interests, running around and burning motherfuckers or sacrificing my friends to a giant spike-altar or intervening in a stalemate between a werewolf and hunters by killing fucking everyone.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Swickedbait:
http://malifikyse.deviantart.com/art/MLP-Sweet-and-Elite-Scene-474431251
http://st-el.deviantart.com/art/Forbidden-Magic-474375165
http://ibacchstudios.deviantart.com/art/Great-And-Powerful-474218632
http://star-chaser94.deviantart.com/art/The-Great-And-Powerful-Trixie-474201581
http://gyaheung.tumblr.com/post/94046677712/doodle-orphan-trixie

Lastbait:
http://bertthefrenchunicorn.deviantart.com/art/gothic-metal-chrysalis-391480646

Harmonybait:
http://blumagpie.deviantart.com/art/Collab-Emotions-474320963

Derpmindbait:
http://sion-ara.deviantart.com/art/Love-Letter-474095080
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:29 am

Ah, Skyrim. The game where you can openly wear the uniform of the faction that killed the Emperor in front of an Imperial general while he's giving you a medal. Or, alternately, the game where you can be wearing armor made out of a fucking dragon after literally becoming Nord Jesus, and people will still give you shit over being an Argonian.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:02 am

Scienzabait:
https://derpibooru.org/695265?scope=scpefd3a232e62b89abe3084ecb1968b44cbcf271516
https://derpibooru.org/694467?scope=scpefd3a232e62b89abe3084ecb1968b44cbcf271516
https://derpibooru.org/693697?scope=scpefd3a232e62b89abe3084ecb1968b44cbcf271516
https://derpibooru.org/691141?scope=scpefd3a232e62b89abe3084ecb1968b44cbcf271516
https://derpibooru.org/689257?scope=scpefd3a232e62b89abe3084ecb1968b44cbcf271516

Frostbait:
https://derpibooru.org/692327?scope=scpe85fde43f663411f58d4f03ea37a149aa10426392
http://sakuyamon.deviantart.com/art/Commission-Andy-423571791
http://cxfantasy.deviantart.com/art/Imperial-Lunar-Guard-Legionary-of-II-Century-474104003
http://codras.deviantart.com/art/Mosina-473650912
https://derpibooru.org/694816?scope=scpe454326630a888d25301be5299f28fca2a168e8c6 (suggestive)
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:05 am

That Roman is a fucking ballah.

And Mosina's adorable as always
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next