Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:38 am

cb5 wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:That's gotta suck. It's not a good Christmas for me unless I end up with a mouthful of meat.
It double sucks for me in that in cause I can't eat meat that also means I can't hunt due to religious beliefs when I do love hunting. . . and no it's not the generic hippy reason either, [spoiler=hold on let me explain]What I mean by that is animistic beliefs holds that animals are sacred and that you pray to the gods in thanks.  Going out and hunting deer or such for their meat is fine so long as you recognize that they're a living creature with a soul too and don't waste their flesh.  Contrary to popular belief hunting is actually a important part of many animistic religions in that to us we consider animals our spiritual equals.  Personally speaking if I do go hunting and don't kill it off the bat I comfort the animal while it's dying explaining why I need it and pray for it.

If someone asks me to go hunting so they can skin it and use it for food I have no problem whatsoever and actually enjoy it cause it's spiritually to me a part of nature and is spiritually important.  If someone makes a living off selling meat of animals or such that's considered perfectly fine.  Hunting for the sake of hunting and having a trophy?  Yeah, no.  As much as I understand the desire to hunt, that's considered really disrespectful.

What I mean by that is I actually do like hunting, however that I only hunt when there is a need to such as someone eats the meat of the animal.  If someone asks me to go hunting with them to eat it or for others to eat the meat that's totally cool with me.  I have no moral problems with mowing down a entire herd of deer so long as you actually have a need to do so.

. . . And before you ask, no I do not agree with hippies in any way due to they spout off garbage like this image-

-cause they spout out a ton of crap garbage while ignoring that animals in nature do eat other animals.  Personally to me people that like that are metaphorically blind in that groups like PETA constantly spout out, "free the animals", but have so little actual respect for animals that they claim to be respecting and pull shit like this-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2296572/PETA-killed-1-600-cats-dogs-Virginia-headquarters-year--90-animals-handed-charitys-American-shelter.html
If one of the people that did this showed up at a shrine talking about it they would probably get "politely" asked to leave permanently, cause someone doing something like that would be the equivalent of if a christian took a crap on the bible and then threw it at the pastor and then ran around a church yelling out, "hail satan!"
Personally, I only kill at all when it's absolutely necessary.

Hold on. I'm gonna see how long I keep a straight face.
avatar
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Posts : 6617
Brohoof! : 502
Join date : 2012-10-03
Age : 22
Location : Fort Bliss

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:42 am

Mister Frost wrote:Personally, I only kill at all when it's absolutely necessary.

Hold on. I'm gonna see how long I keep a straight face.
Well in that case I could break your straight face by some vaguely homo-erotic sentences.
*rimshot
avatar
cb5
Alicorn

Posts : 1541
Brohoof! : 19
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:02 am

Wait, are we making fun of vegetarians?!?!


------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:12 am

CamoBadger wrote:Wait, are we making fun of vegetarians?!?!

I was more making fun of peta and how they claim to support animal rights and yet they steal pets and euthanize most of their animals under the premise of animal rights.  PETA is a fucking joke. I've seen stupid shits that don't understand what a "domesticated" hamster is and have let them out in the wild thinking that "it's what's best for the animal" when a lot of domesticated animals can't survive in the wild. That's why you see dumb shits dropping off their pets in the wild; cause, "herpa derp if it's a animal then that means it can survive in a non-native environment with no food".

It's even worse when you get the people that willingly turn their animals into PETA when peta euthanizes the vast majority of the animals they take in.
avatar
cb5
Alicorn

Posts : 1541
Brohoof! : 19
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:24 am

cb5 wrote:I was more making fun of peta and how they claim to support animal rights and yet they steal pets and euthanize most of their animals under the premise of animal rights.  PETA is a fucking joke.  I've seen stupid shits that don't understand what a "domesticated" hamster is and have let them out in the wild thinking that "it's what's best for the animal" when a lot of domesticated animals can't survive in the wild.  That's why you see dumb shits dropping off their pets in the wild; cause, "herpa derp if it's a animal then that means it can survive in a non-native environment with no food".

It's even worse when you get the people that willingly turn their animals into PETA when peta euthanizes the vast majority of the animals they take in.
Yeah, they're a bunch of retards. Because for some reason they haven't figured out that DOMESTICATED animals do not know anything except being pets and can never revert to being wolves when you kick them out the door. The world will tear them a new ass when they realize they don't know how to hunt or otherwise find food, and when they wander into a wolf pack's territory because they don't know any better.

And PETA is just some kind of special ed organization founded by hypocritical douchebags who are just butthurt about the fact that people eat meat and "abuse" animals by keeping them as pets.
2 things we've done since always, and apparently we're horrible for it according to those fucks.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Moodyman90 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:29 am

Didn't the founder of PETA said she wanted her body to be turned into BBQ and eaten after she died to show how horrible a thing that is to do?

Can't even remember where I heard that from so I have no idea if it's true.
avatar
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Posts : 8257
Brohoof! : 163
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 27

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:30 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Didn't the founder of PETA said she wanted her body to be turned into BBQ and eaten after she died to show how horrible a thing that is to do?

Can't even remember where I heard that from so I have no idea if it's true.
If this is true, where do I sign up to be one of the people eating her, just out of spite and to make her look like a dick?

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:40 am

Because I feel like it, here's one of my random comments that I made to my friend Craterfist.

>Meandering about on the PHCC Minecraft server.

"Someone should go bear hunting with a slingshot...And a tangerine!"

>No response.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 23
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:43 am

Ironmonger wrote:Because I feel like it, here's one of my random comments that I made to my friend Craterfist.

>Meandering about on the PHCC Minecraft server.

"Someone should go bear hunting with a slingshot...And a tangerine!"

>No response.
Speaking of bears, I wonder how many bears could Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls grilled bears.
avatar
cb5
Alicorn

Posts : 1541
Brohoof! : 19
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:45 am

I guess the reason I don't really give a shit about PETA is because they advertise through guilt, Which I do not and have never felt.
avatar
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Posts : 6617
Brohoof! : 502
Join date : 2012-10-03
Age : 22
Location : Fort Bliss

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by StoneSlinger88 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:45 am

There's a reason most Fluffybooru head canon usually holds PETA responsible for the fluffy epidemic. A mass of annoying retarded creatures caused by a mass of annoying retarded creatures. It's just too fucking perfect.
avatar
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Posts : 1028
Brohoof! : 47
Join date : 2013-02-16
Age : 25
Location : In the bushes.

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guarddogjr on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:53 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Didn't the founder of PETA said she wanted her body to be turned into BBQ and eaten after she died to show how horrible a thing that is to do?

Can't even remember where I heard that from so I have no idea if it's true.

Moody you are correct after a tiny bit of research, it is in her will. You can read the whole thing here: http://www.peta.org/features/ingrid-newkirks-unique-will/ And yes, it gets crazier
avatar
Guarddogjr
The Chicken Man

Posts : 18109
Brohoof! : 134
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 24
Location : Clarksville, Tenesse

Character List:
Name: Azure Sunrise
Sex: female
Species: Hippogryph

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:59 am

First sentence in number one sums up PETA perfectly. "Let's make ourselves look like idiots and crazy people for the sake of drawing attention to our cause." Unfortunately they seem to be ignoring the fact that once you make that image for yourself no one can take you seriously ever again.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by StoneSlinger88 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:00 am

Guarddogjr wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Didn't the founder of PETA said she wanted her body to be turned into BBQ and eaten after she died to show how horrible a thing that is to do?

Can't even remember where I heard that from so I have no idea if it's true.

Moody you are correct after a tiny bit of research, it is in her will. You can read the whole thing here: http://www.peta.org/features/ingrid-newkirks-unique-will/ And yes, it gets crazier

Dibs on the human-foot umbrella stand.
avatar
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Posts : 1028
Brohoof! : 47
Join date : 2013-02-16
Age : 25
Location : In the bushes.

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by swicked on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:21 am

CamoBadger wrote:
cb5 wrote:I was more making fun of peta and how they claim to support animal rights and yet they steal pets and euthanize most of their animals under the premise of animal rights.  PETA is a fucking joke.  I've seen stupid shits that don't understand what a "domesticated" hamster is and have let them out in the wild thinking that "it's what's best for the animal" when a lot of domesticated animals can't survive in the wild.  That's why you see dumb shits dropping off their pets in the wild; cause, "herpa derp if it's a animal then that means it can survive in a non-native environment with no food".

It's even worse when you get the people that willingly turn their animals into PETA when peta euthanizes the vast majority of the animals they take in.
Yeah, they're a bunch of retards. Because for some reason they haven't figured out that DOMESTICATED animals do not know anything except being pets and can never revert to being wolves when you kick them out the door. The world will tear them a new ass when they realize they don't know how to hunt or otherwise find food, and when they wander into a wolf pack's territory because they don't know any better.

And PETA is just some kind of special ed organization founded by hypocritical douchebags who are just butthurt about the fact that people eat meat and "abuse" animals by keeping them as pets.
2 things we've done since always, and apparently we're horrible for it according to those fucks.
Err... yeah.
The secondary objective of PETA is for animals to no longer cohabitate with humans. This ranges from killing off all domesticated animals and/or turning them feral, to likely exterminating animals like pigeons and raccoons that feed off human refuse, with the likely final goal being for humans and animals to be completely separated from each other. Perhaps by some form of domed structure or internment camp.
The primary objective being, of course, to make a lot of money.
...but that's to be expected of any lobbiest group.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6602
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:33 am

swicked wrote:Err... yeah.
The secondary objective of PETA is for animals to no longer cohabitate with humans. This ranges from killing off all domesticated animals and/or turning them feral, to likely exterminating animals like pigeons and raccoons that feed off human refuse, with the likely final goal being for humans and animals to be completely separated from each other. Perhaps by some form of domed structure or internment camp.
The primary objective being, of course, to make a lot of money.
...but that's to be expected of any lobbiest group.
[losing faith in humanity intensifies]
avatar
cb5
Alicorn

Posts : 1541
Brohoof! : 19
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:34 am

cb5 wrote:PETA is a fucking joke.

No, it's a malicious sect. Like the Church of [redacted]logy. As in, one of those organizations which the world's law enforcement agencies SHOULD be dismantling, but aren't doing it due to badly written laws and/or corruption.


Last edited by Valikdu on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Valikdu
Alicorn

Posts : 2219
Brohoof! : 192
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 28
Location : Moscow, Russian Federation

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:36 am

Guarddogjr wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Didn't the founder of PETA said she wanted her body to be turned into BBQ and eaten after she died to show how horrible a thing that is to do?

Can't even remember where I heard that from so I have no idea if it's true.

Moody you are correct after a tiny bit of research, it is in her will. You can read the whole thing here: http://www.peta.org/features/ingrid-newkirks-unique-will/ And yes, it gets crazier
I wonder how many of those body parts will be thrown away by the people they get mailed to.
Or mailed back to PETA with a piece of meat attached. Just imagine it, they mail her mounted hand back to PETA with a bacon cheeseburger clamped firmly in its grasp.

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by swicked on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:41 am

CamoBadger wrote:
Guarddogjr wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Didn't the founder of PETA said she wanted her body to be turned into BBQ and eaten after she died to show how horrible a thing that is to do?

Can't even remember where I heard that from so I have no idea if it's true.

Moody you are correct after a tiny bit of research, it is in her will. You can read the whole thing here: http://www.peta.org/features/ingrid-newkirks-unique-will/ And yes, it gets crazier
I wonder how many of those body parts will be thrown away by the people they get mailed to.
Or mailed back to PETA with a piece of meat attached. Just imagine it, they mail her mounted hand back to PETA with a bacon cheeseburger clamped firmly in its grasp.
They're more than likely expecting most to do the former, so one can only hope there will be plenty of the latter (and worse).

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6602
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:22 am

The funny thing is when you think about it cause a lot of animal species are experiencing mass extinction the only way to reverse it would for us to get further involved with the ecosystem; aka environmentalism.

While you do get stupid fucks like PETA there are projects like the amphibian ark project to save species on the verge of extinction.  If PETA had their way we would just let a metric fuck ton of species die cause, "ermagod human intervention is evil".  Projects like the amphibian ark on the other hand are in hope for turning back the clock.

Personally what I'm hoping for is that since genetic engineering is finally taking off we will be able to inject genes into endangered animals to make them more resilient to climate change.

What I mean by that is for example how I was talking about the amphibian ark.  Frogs are going extinct cause of disease due to climate change.  If you start inserting genes into them to make them more resilient to disease then that's the damage completely undone.

What I mean by this is for the first time we as a species are given the chance at human controlled evolution of entire species and groups like peta think that it's the best for the species to just ditch them out in the wilderness?

The spoiler is that you've been eating genetically engineered food for years, so why not move onto animals to species that were on the brink to bounce them back to before the damage was done to their native environment?



What personally to me is funny is groups like them use the excuse of, "that would disturb the balance of the ecosystem".  The balance is already fucked up.  No amount of killing domesticated animals and completely isolating them from humans is going to undo the damage done any time soon.  What's even funnier is they go, "lol evolution". . Evolution isn't like pokemon; getting animals into enough fights won't magically change it into a new species.  REAL evolution takes hundreds of thousands of years and millions of years for a completely different species to develop.  That's like accidentally starting a kitchen fire in your house and not wanting to use the fire extinguisher going, "well the fire will just put itself out eventually".


Last edited by cb5 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:32 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
cb5
Alicorn

Posts : 1541
Brohoof! : 19
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:23 am

CamoBadger wrote:
Guarddogjr wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Didn't the founder of PETA said she wanted her body to be turned into BBQ and eaten after she died to show how horrible a thing that is to do?

Can't even remember where I heard that from so I have no idea if it's true.

Moody you are correct after a tiny bit of research, it is in her will. You can read the whole thing here: http://www.peta.org/features/ingrid-newkirks-unique-will/ And yes, it gets crazier
I wonder how many of those body parts will be thrown away by the people they get mailed to.
Or mailed back to PETA with a piece of meat attached. Just imagine it, they mail her mounted hand back to PETA with a bacon cheeseburger clamped firmly in its grasp.

I don't think PETA would have much of an organization to send stuff back to if they attempted that. Mailing human remains has got to be against some law.

Wouldn't it be terrorism even? They are sending parts of their founder out with the intent of horrifying/traumatizing those recieving them.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by StoneSlinger88 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:43 am

cb5 wrote:The funny thing is when you think about it cause a lot of animal species are experiencing mass extinction the only way to reverse it would for us to get further involved with the ecosystem; aka environmentalism.

While you do get stupid fucks like PETA there are projects like the amphibian ark project to save species on the verge of extinction.  If PETA had their way we would just let a metric fuck ton of species die cause, "ermagod human intervention is evil".  Projects like the amphibian ark on the other hand are in hope for turning back the clock.

Personally what I'm hoping for is that since genetic engineering is finally taking off we will be able to inject genes into endangered animals to make them more resilient to climate change.

What I mean by that is for example how I was talking about the amphibian ark.  Frogs are going extinct cause of disease due to climate change.  If you start inserting genes into them to make them more resilient then that's the damage completely undone.

What I mean by this is for the first time we as a species are given the chance at human controlled evolution of entire species and groups like peta think that it's the best for the species to just ditch them out in the wilderness?

The spoiler is that you've been eating genetically engineered food for years, so why not move onto animals to species that were on the brink to bounce them back to before the damage was done to their native environment?

Because whenever Monsanto genetically fucks with things they end up creating super-pests immune to anything that's not napalm. A good way to throw evolution into high-gear is to try and wipe out an extremely fast-reproducing species and fail at it, which is what they've done numerous times with their "Ready Round-Up" bullshit. Screwing with the environment, especially genetics, is just bad juju. One wrong move and you can destroy entire ecosystems. Maybe there's an abundance of disease that hit the population due to cramped living space from habitat destruction. So you genetically modify the frog to be resilient. But then it turns out that the disease, before it's explosion and loss of habitat, helped keep the species from overpopulating, which is what they're now doing in an area much too small to handle it. Ecosystems are incredibly fragile and requires intense study to understand, and even more projections and theories as to how just one small change can affect them. They would need to lab-test it under exacting conditions before a real-world test could be started. Don't get me wrong, we can and should have a positive effect, I agree with you there, but we have to be very very VERY careful in how we go about enacting it.
avatar
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Posts : 1028
Brohoof! : 47
Join date : 2013-02-16
Age : 25
Location : In the bushes.

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:09 am

StoneSlinger88 wrote:Because whenever Monsanto genetically fucks with things they end up creating super-pests immune to anything that's not napalm. A good way to throw evolution into high-gear is to try and wipe out an extremely fast-reproducing species and fail at it, which is what they've done numerous times with their "Ready Round-Up" bullshit. Screwing with the environment, especially genetics, is just bad juju. One wrong move and you can destroy entire ecosystems. Maybe there's an abundance of disease that hit the population due to cramped living space from habitat destruction. So you genetically modify the frog to be resilient. But then it turns out that the disease, before it's explosion and loss of habitat, helped keep the species from overpopulating, which is what they're now doing in an area much too small to handle it. Ecosystems are incredibly fragile and requires intense study to understand, and even more projections and theories as to how just one small change can affect them.
Which is why they're not doing it yet. I didn't say to just shove it through the door this year or such; but in twenty years time the field will have advanced enough that they'll be able to for the most part prevent such things. We have the technology right now to just cram in genes we think would work; rather as you said we don't know enough yet.

Just cause we don't know enough yet about how the ecosystem works or how genes work doesn't mean one day we won't. I don't think we'll just wake up one day and decide to make super frogs; rather we're going to approach it like gene therapy in humans. What a lot of people don't know is that gene therapy in humans has actually already started; rather just cause Glybera isn't out curing the world of cancer and all disease and is instead use to block metachromatic leukodystrophy the news doesn't give a shit that actual gene therapy of humans is here.

We've been genetically engineering animals for a long time. My point is that the widespread adaptation of genetic engineering is going to take a couple more decades until we understand enough so as to avoid accidentally massively fucking up.

To use a analogy think of it as like the human gene project that took fifteen years; so yeah I totally partially agree with you on this. We do not know enough about animal species' dna or such yet to make sure we don't fuck up. The key word there is yet though.

To use another analogy when it was first announced that the woolie mammoth could potentially be brought back the news was spouting, "ermagod we're going to have woolie mammoths everywhere in the next year and blah blah". Too many people think genetic research works like in jurassic park in you just cram a needle into something pop a couple genes into it and poof you get what you want.

More realistically speaking it's going to take a couple more decades until it happens. I'm excited at the prospects of genetic engineering, but yeah I do realize it's going to be decades until we can pop genes at will into something we want and come out with the result we want.

However it's something to look forward to; cause I'm one of those people that think technology fundamentally makes our lives better and that for all the shit out there and idiots like peta there's other people that are working on the amphibian ark in the hopes of one day we'll be able to reverse the damage done to the environment. Call me a stupid idealist, but I do believe one day we will actually reverse global warming and actually reverse the damage done to the environment. Not in the next year, not in the next five years, not in the next ten years, not in the next twenty years, but one day it will happen.
avatar
cb5
Alicorn

Posts : 1541
Brohoof! : 19
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:19 am

For those of you, who still haven't got l4d2 Valve give you all a gift
http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/
Just press 'Play' and game will be yours forever.
avatar
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Posts : 12959
Brohoof! : 351
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 30
Location : Kiev, Ukraine

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Overlong Analysis Cobalt on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:47 am

Haha, wow, so PETA's founder's will is going to send her body parts to people out of spite? That's what Mayhem's guitarist did with Mayhem's lead singer, only that was supposed to be a compliment to the recipients. And that wasn't even feet and suchlike, that was just fragments of skull.

@Katarn
I can confirm that this is a thing. You just install it.
avatar
Overlong Analysis Cobalt
Alicorn

Posts : 2251
Brohoof! : 230
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 26
Location : MA and WI, usually.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:14 am


------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

avatar
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13859
Brohoof! : 717
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Batbait:
https://derpiboo.ru/505297?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
https://derpiboo.ru/505256?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
https://derpiboo.ru/504467?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
https://derpiboo.ru/503601?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
https://derpiboo.ru/503430?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
https://derpiboo.ru/502754?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
https://derpiboo.ru/497504?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
https://derpiboo.ru/495134?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

avatar
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13859
Brohoof! : 717
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:38 pm

RoboRed wrote:Batbait:
https://derpiboo.ru/505297?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
https://derpiboo.ru/505256?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
https://derpiboo.ru/504467?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
https://derpiboo.ru/503601?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
https://derpiboo.ru/503430?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
https://derpiboo.ru/502754?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
https://derpiboo.ru/497504?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
https://derpiboo.ru/495134?scope=scpe3653e09727e8a83e5960bcd4931b4470ea885656
HUZZAH FOR MUCH MOSINA

------------------
My stories: Cold as Ice   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains FiMFic Page   |   Fallout Equestria: All That Remains Hub Page
Thanks if you read any of them.

If you have a complaint of any kind, a question or a suggestion, please PM me about it and I will respond as quickly as I can.  


Last wrote:((Camo just likes to kill happiness.))

Well spank my flank and call me sexy!

Until next time, hugs and kisses.


 ~Miguel
avatar
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13890
Brohoof! : 588
Join date : 2011-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:40 pm

lulz:

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

avatar
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13859
Brohoof! : 717
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Here it come:
avatar
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Posts : 8732
Brohoof! : 543
Join date : 2012-05-17
Age : 27
Location : Fancee

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 34 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum