Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+44
Harmony Ltd.
hawkeye92
jacky2734
Scootayay
Quotidian
Jeremyrush
Randombuttons
Luminous Lead
FoolNeim
Meleagridis
Scyto Harmony
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
RandomBlank
Necr0maNceR
MrMagma
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Vergil
CannonFodder
Plasticube
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
WovenTales
Ametros
Somber
Icy Shake
CamoBadger
Stringtheory
RoboRed
Valikdu
tylertoon2
Caoimhe
Admiral Stoic Rum
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
Cptadder
OneMoreDaySK
Ironmonger
Frost
IncoherentOrange
SilentCarto
48 posters

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:28 pm

CamoBadger wrote:I can't bring it anywhere near my family, lest I risk being insulted (which I don't mind because I just do it straight back, as is my family's way), and then ignored when others are around because my parents think that if I show my bronyness in any way then everybody around will think I'm a pedophile, and that they're bad parents for raising their son so that he would watch such a show.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:33 pm

I haven't got a twin, but me mum's a twin and me sister has the same birthday as me mum and and me aunt and it's just after Christmas. So that's a big holiday time for us, as y'can well imagine.

Said sister likes the show, and has generally decent taste in media, although I still can't get her to read Terry Pratchett even though it's been established between us that literally all my recommendations have eventually been shown to be things that she falls in love with. All of them. My youngest sister doesn't like it, but she's in her "crappy teen girl TV" phase (Revenge, Glee, etc.) so I take it as a win when I can get her to watch X-Files with me and don't push things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:35 pm

CamoBadger wrote:I can't bring it anywhere near my family, lest I risk being insulted (which I don't mind because I just do it straight back, as is my family's way), and then ignored when others are around because my parents think that if I show my bronyness in any way then everybody around will think I'm a pedophile, and that they're bad parents for raising their son so that he would watch such a show.
I don't think anyone other than my cousin knows that I like MLP, or more specifically, FO:E. My father once strolled in while I was reading Pink Eyes, but I don't remember how our conversation went other than the end, and that I was needed to help move something. The end of it was "Reading is good". Aside from that, he saw me reading the original beforehand and asked what it was. At that point I was a firm believer that it was "My Little Pony and Fallout, mostly Fallout", so I told him that, and he laughed and walked off. I do not think that now, though.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Not to go off topic (I'm gonna let you lot finish), but if I actually made a gun/military thread would anyone here use it?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:39 pm

I tried getting my family into it. My Nephews and nieces like the show, except the oldest. My brother I definitely didn't try cause I knew he would get made for his kids liking the show. My sister is the sort of crazy person you don't want in the fandom. Tried getting my mom to watch a episode, but she still thinks of it as generation 3.5 and has yet to watch a episode.

I highly doubt anyone in my family would even be closely interested in reading fanfics though and especially not project horizons.

Last edited by CannonFodder on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Meanwhile, nobody in my family except Ketchup knows that I've been writing fanfiction for the last seven months.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:40 pm

I might pop in from time to time, but my input would probably be considered controversial and thick-headed
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:45 pm

CamoBadger wrote:I might pop in from time to time, but my input would probably be considered controversial and thick-headed

This alone is motivating me to make the gun thread. After all, hard to argue for sport if there aint nothin' to argue! Spike

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:59 pm

I think I got a halfway decent pun. Americans complete tasks, Europeans Finnish them. Trollestia

PUT DOWN THE GUN

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:03 pm

CamoBadger wrote:...am I the only one here who's sibling despises MLP?

My twin brother hates MLP and fandom, but did help me read FoE and PH initially. He thought both stories were weird and "ruined" as attempts at literature. He kept trying to think of ways to make the source material independent.

In fact most of our brunch conversations about both stories were mostly him wondering both could be done without Fallout or pony in them.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Caoimhe wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:...am I the only one here who's sibling despises MLP?

My twin brother hates MLP and fandom, but did help me read FoE and PH initially. He thought both stories were weird and "ruined" as attempts at literature. He kept trying to think of ways to make the source material independent.

In fact most of our brunch conversations about both stories were mostly him wondering both could be done without Fallout or pony in them.

"I'm going to bake a cake, but without the cake mix or the frosting."

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Page 11 Summary is go

Right back in the grove, so much spam these days it's hard to snag the 300,600 and 900th post spots for the recaps. But this one was secure so lets soldier on.

We return to the thread already deep in Xcom
After naming rights are discussed and O.Hinds and I jump back to a gun discussion that brings swicked to rage
However with that rage we get a nice fireside chat about swicked job and work habits
A segue back into Xcom is had before I go back on topic talking about pipe bombs
But then we spend most of page two talking about Frost and Ironmongers "when I grow up" plans involving the military, much disinformation is had by all the civies with Rum throwing in a splash of reality.
O.Hinds continues the talk about producing weaponry out of as little metal as possible to end page two.
Page 3 starts with more Xcom squad naming and a mention of Bakelite!
Also Kattlarv has both a proof reader and a habit of writing her fics on rolls of duck tape first... that's not true but it makes a great anecdote to share during a book tour interview
And we end page 3 with fanart and Admiral Rum talking about feeding cows and Kattlarv going on a minor rant about the poor quality of slash fic on the mlp forums and lack of knowledge about anatomy.
Page four opens on fan art and discussion about Glorystein's monster by which I mean Glory's decision to bring Blackjack back to life and as a cyborg. (She never asked for this)
Page four is pretty much nothing but spam and talk of the above choice between death and becoming a cyborg pony.
Page 5 kicks off with Iron asking about the final boss battle against the Eater and continued discussion about cyborgs.
Hello what's this a Somber post, two of them about Somber's new med's regiment and how it's interfering with the creative impulses. Much unsolicited medical advice is webMD by all as well as helpful consult your doctor suggestions.
SilentCarto wrote:CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS INTERNET MEDICAL ADVISORS, YAY!
Applebloom
Page 7 is pretty much spam minus a hilarious misunderstanding about what "hot yoga" is so best skipped. As a side note I fall into the "would instantly tear something if I tried yoga" crowd.
Page 8 is also spam minus Tyler's delayed response to the Somber post
Page 9 is twenty nine posts about bad puns
Page 10 opens with another tiny 40k fic mention the moves into Camo's problem with broyness and reactions from family and reactions to that...

And that is how we end another ten pages.

Last edited by Cptadder on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:12 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:I might pop in from time to time, but my input would probably be considered controversial and thick-headed

This alone is motivating me to make the gun thread. After all, hard to argue for sport if there aint nothin' to argue! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 779695502

A separate thread for guns and 40k? I didn't mind the tangent here. Sure I don't have a single clue what's going on, but then again I felt the same way when Cai was gushing on cars.

In XCOM, I have to confess... I was playing easy mode because I kept freaking out on the new monsters and blowing them up before stunning them. But I did finish, with final team of:
Littlepip, the assault volunteer,
Homage, a mobile sniper,
Camobadger, the camping sniper,
Ironmonger, aggressive assault,
Frost, another aggressive assault,
OHinds, the medic.
Final boss possessed Ironmonger, but managed to take it down with a combination of sniping from Camo, and a run 'n gun + rapid fire combo from Frost. Then Littlepip sacrificed herself after pushing Homage and Hinds out of the area.

O.o

Ok then, onto Ironman classic. Lemme check my roster if y'all are ok with it:
Ironmonger - Aggressive Assault
Frost - Defensive Assault
CamoBadger - Camping Sniper
SilentCarto - Mobile Sniper
Ketchup - Shiv (Will barely use. Sorry)
Orange - Floating Shiv (Will barely use. Sorry)
RoboRed - Camping Sniper
OHinds - Medic Support
TylerToon - Smoke Support

That it? Here's hoping to you all living.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 pm

Wait, I'm in a game? When did this happen?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 pm

I find it interesting that your game seems to echo the various things that go on here.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Cptadder wrote:Page 11 Summary reserve post go
Huh? What? I'm confused.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:19 pm

Americans complete tasks. Europeans Finnish them. Trollestia

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:20 pm

@CannonFodder
Cptadder reserves the top of the page by stalking the thread, then later edits in what has been going on in the thread for those who don't follow it all the time or have been absent for a day or two (thread moves fast at times).

@Camobadger
Thought you wanted to take potshots at the enemy, or your friends here.

@Ironmonger
What exactly could you possibly mean?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Well in your game I get possessed. That basically echoes me becoming a Daemon Prince.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Initial reaction time! Not much here, but this is just the beginning.
Spoiler:

Okay. Don't know if I'll read another chapter tonight.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 pm

@Ironmonger
What a strange coincidence. Had to get the boss before you shot the rest of the team up.

@IncoherentOrange
Read small chunks at a time, or else you end up crazy like me.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:28 pm

FeatherDust wrote:Finally, a blue radiance altered its place in the heavens and plunged straight at the screaming mass...
The Eater is no longer a universal power. He's enough to threaten one world, but not the entire cosmos, and what's left has been exiled to the Outer Darkness. All it cost was one star's soul.
I want to note that, by the same token, the blue star made the same mistake the Eater did -- and that BJ does. He tried to take out the Eater all by himself, killed himself in the process, and ultimately failed to finish the job. He needed help.

I made a thing. Sweetie Belle
Spoiler:

Last edited by SilentCarto on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:30 pm

@Silentcarto
Wasn't asking about puns. Was asking on how my game was reflecting the thread. Apparently around the time he got possessed in game, in the thread he became a Daemon Prince (via possession?) of Bad Puns.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Silentcarto
Wasn't asking about puns. Was asking on how my game was reflecting the thread. Apparently around the time he got possessed in game, in the thread he became a Daemon Prince (via possession?) of Bad Puns.
Yeah, I realized that too late. Herp derp. Derpy Hooves
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:33 pm

OAN the page 11 summary post is done.
OAAN OneMoreDaySK get an avatar
OAAAN Orange take it steady and slow least you go insane from lack of sleep.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:36 pm

Random again: Just watched a friends really awful flash. Just to give a short resume of it: I expected it to be crap, but it was just... such a huge disappointment... see it like this: You're invited over for dinner, you don't expect anything fancy from them, nothing at all really, maybe some non-near expired date pre-cooked food at best. But as you get to their home, they "Be back in five!" then come back a short while later with take away fast food exclaiming "Dinner's ready!"

@Iron: (Rant) Thanks... I think, I am dizzy once more xD

@OMDSK: (Rant) I guess. And yeah, I am just so sick of people going with the "It's just how things are". We also have child workers, cancer and whatnot, and those don't have to "just be". We've found cures for and gotten rid of bad shit in the past. Why are so many just so quick to give up... actually, I think this was pretty much done in the previous chapter... everyone just went "meh, she has to die, it's just how things are" then gave up. More or less. Guess that explains why I found that scene so stupid.

@EP: (Rant) As said, overall, it just makes me so tired of even bothering to try. Seen someone write a really great IC story about stuff, that did include IC sex, but someone that just spewed out fics with someone named Twilight, looking exactly like Twilight with yadda yadda yadda, growing a magical dick and fucking things completely OCC, not logical interaction or anything new, interesting or overall even remotely non-generic, get waaay more views and faves. Just constantly made to question why I, or others should try with making a new Elders scroll game when it's way easier to just reprint and sell Fifa over and over... *sigh* I think of the last month, I've had ONE success in cases like this. And that was convincing and talking to something why their OC should know Luna, did they have a logical reason too? Was it at all relevant to the story if they did? Would it add anything to the plot? Stuff like that, and from a more or less "no, I just wanted to be swag and know the royal sisters personally" to having an actual reason for it. So... yay?

Also:
Spoiler:
you know who you are...

@Camo: (BJ stuff) I'll stay out of it due to being too tired right now. Along with already having said why part of it was stupid.

@Valik: (Rant) Overall, not really. Even a pile of manure can be gift wrapped. Not to mention any names, but there's been plenty of fics out there that got faves just for the content, not being IC or even good. Same is vice versa, some expecting only like... just be to somewhat sexist here: Solely male only focused stimuli. Dunno the proper term for this, but overall, just focused to stimulate the "male" in the fic, female (often) completely disregarding, often even lacking care for her own pleasure. Several other stereotypes can be applied. But yeah, to the point, I've seen a great fic be downvoted because it has too much "uneccecary rubbish". Like the male giving the female something back (or her caring about herself as well), actual character interaction and not just one liners, characters being IC and whatnot. I mean really. I don't mind it every now and then, but it shouldn't be fucking expected... it's like saying a fast food restaurant ONLY has to mention what is in the "healthy" dishes, and warn for them. Like really? People being taught to have no patience, just rush everything and always demand to get what they want asap. Who honestly thought this is a good mindset to give people? (And yes, I know this is far from all people. But I've seen more than enough of em to last me a lifetime. I haven't learnt patience and understanding just so the rest to not give a fuck about it, leaving it to the "intelligent" to accept and forgive, and think for them. Erf... I need to chillax some, but have some... *cough* issues so to speak. Hope I'm not being a bother.

@EP: (Somber) While I would like to say something, I know I myself just tend to get even more wound up when I try to relax, so I'll just leave this to you guys. (Can agree with Cao though, be glad you don't PMS)

... ugh, on a side note, I might should quit writing and animating, just go back to gaming. Might be good for my stress level, not like I got much of anything done anyhow. (and no, I'm not doing a self-pity or whatever. I'm really contemplating here, I've weighed all the facts and etc, and it doesn't add up so nicely for me... I just seem to get into arguments overall, not that I didn't do that before but... and I will apparently be up all day it seems. Will to sleep went out the window after a fight with a friend... well, that and the fact someone completely flunked on the one single thing I said was important for them to get done in a certain way...)

@Cpt: Heh... you review managed to cheer me up a bit.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:40 pm

I know it was a couple pages ago, but I have to call into question the generic "looking eldritch abominations alone will drive one to insanity". Considering how much Blackjack has been through I doubt just looking at a monstrosity will cause her to lose it.

I still think it is someone she knows. For all we know one of her friends could be lying about their back story and be the eater and helping her for their own reasons.

I doubt the eater is generic evil either. It's hoarding souls. It seems more like it just can't let go and is desperately clinging to those it knows. Not to mention Rampage when she came out of the core mentioned a city of gore and steel.

My best guess is the Eater isn't evil in of itself, just can't let the souls of others go to be reborn and that Blackjack is actually the Star Maiden.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Whenever Adder posts something involving me, I'm always conflicted about whether I should feel happy or degraded. I'll settle for both.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:44 pm

@Kim I get aggravated with writer's logic too. When I read some fics I sit here and think "I'm sorry Mister Narrator, but I can't hear you over how FUCKING ANGRY Logic is with the writer right now!"

IronFury:"Her OC looks ni-"
Ironmonger:"JUST IGNORE HIM, NOTHING TO SEE HERE." *looks left and right before pushing IronFury into a nearby bush*

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:03 am

@Kim
On pointless deaths:
Curiously enough, I just finished reading The Poisonwood Bible for an English class. In it the culture was that yeah, bad stuff happens, kids die, and no one can do anything about it. Just grieve for a bit and move on. Now when the main family loses one of theirs, it dramatically affects each one of the characters in different way. In a way, the culture there has adapted to cope with a form of seeming apathy for death. I dunno, might just be reading into it too much.

Get more sleep Kim. It does wonders for one's sanity and mood.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next