Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+33
Sindri
Downloaded Skill
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Mister Nikel
Katarn
tylertoon2
Ametros
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
Kippershy
Plasticube
Mech
WovenTales
SilentCarto
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Quotidian
FeatherDust
WavemasterRyx
OBS.GS.§S
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
Valikdu
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Caoimhe
Vergil
37 posters

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Valikdu Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Kippershy wrote:Warhammer 40k and ponies simply don't mix. There's no way to make it work.

A Foul Light Shines. Read it. Now.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Stringtheory Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:26 pm

Valikdu wrote:
Kippershy wrote:Warhammer 40k and ponies simply don't mix. There's no way to make it work.

that's simply 40k meets ponies, what we're talking about is a complete joining of universes like what FO:E did with Fallout and MLP
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:34 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Valikdu wrote:

that's simply 40k meets ponies, what we're talking about is a complete joining of universes like what FO:E did with Fallout and MLP
Haven't gotten around to reading that one yet (it's on the list, but the list is long), but it still seems that you'd need to have certain universal constants. If the Magic of Friendship is a thing, 40K levels of absurd grimdark would not exist, or break down rapidly with the addition on poni. If it's not a thing and the universe is as bad as it is in 40K, ponies no longer work. Even if the characters are meeting for the first time, there need to be common themes in the new combined setting.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Sindri wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
Valikdu wrote:

Haven't gotten around to reading that one yet (it's on the list, but the list is long), but it still seems that you'd need to have certain universal constants. If the Magic of Friendship is a thing, 40K levels of absurd grimdark would not exist, or break down rapidly with the addition on poni. If it's not a thing and the universe is as bad as it is in 40K, ponies no longer work. Even if the characters are meeting for the first time, there need to be common themes in the new combined setting.
A Foul Light Shines is simply 'a Rouge Trader vessel shows up in the orbit of Equestria/Earth/whatever planet ponies are on, and meet ponies', I consider it one of the few 40k meets MLP fics that actually work

well you hit the 'why Ponyhammer 40k won't work' point square on the head, much better then I could explain it
why do I suck at explaining things, everyone seems so much better at it then me How
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:59 pm

stringtheory wrote:A Foul Light Shines is simply 'a Rouge Trader vessel shows up in the orbit of Equestria/Earth/whatever planet ponies are on, and meet ponies', I consider it one of the few 40k meets MLP fics that actually work

well you hit the 'why Ponyhammer 40k won't work' point square on the head, much better then I could explain it
why do I suck at explaining things, everyone seems so much better at it then me How
Ah, that could work. A collection of 40K characters and items being inserted into the poniverse and seeing what happens, rather than an attempt to fully combine the two 'verses.

And don't worry, I have many years experience explaining things that don't actually matter. You'll get better at it with practice.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Plasticube Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:02 pm

I had an idea that's not related to the current discussion, if anyone is interested it's in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Plasticube
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Cptadder wrote:Ironmonger hikes six miles uphill both ways and we all talk about how we've walked longer and farther and it was

Apparently there's some misinformation. The hill itself wasn't three miles long, but it was pretty damn long and steep which is bad after walking around 12 miles total in 3 hours. Nearly got stuck on that hill thanks to my muscles locking up, one of my friends had to push my up the hill most of the way. To add to the fun, we had to get up the hill quickly given the hill has barely any 'safe-zones' from traffic.

NEW ART.
Spoiler:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:56 pm

SilentCarto wrote: I think you're right on the money that he'd been harboring a crush on Luna, but I don't think his relationship with Fluttershy was calculated in any way. It seems more like it surprised both of them
I don't think Goldie was playing Fluttershy, no. In fact I always took it that his "I'm not worthy of her"comments were based on the fact that he is a manipulative bastard and knows it, and can never really even aspire to the true full harted kindness that Fluttershy displays on a daily basis.

...shit, it just hit me. Partypooper would necessarily involve killing Fluttershy, and Whisper too if anyone else knew about her. I wonder if that was part of the terrible secret that Goldie discovered at the very end... maybe that's why he set Horizons to activate if EC-1101 failed. A giant "fuck you" to whoever killed both of the mares he loved.
You make an excellent point. That strongly suggests that partypooper is indeed some plot of the OIA liasons and not of Goldie's.

But I don't think setting the auto trigger was his idea.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:33 pm

As much as I love this discussion, and I sincerely do (it helps me with ideas), here's this.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:12 pm

Oh goody! Youtube poops!! I've got a few.
Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Not the YTP!

...I have some I could share, too, but for the sake of the thread, I shall not.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:17 pm

All's fair when spoiler tags are used. Spike
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:22 pm

The more I talk to you lot the more I'm convinced you all would be awesome drinking buddies. XD

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:30 pm

The only way I picture that ending is me being so drunk that one little thing sets me off (which is bound to happen from you), and I'm rolling on the floor laughing until I pass out.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:33 pm

RoboRed wrote:The only way I picture that ending is me being so drunk that one little thing sets me off (which is bound to happen from you), and I'm rolling on the floor laughing until I pass out.

Ironmonger:"...Derp Fish!"
RoboRed:"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-zzzzz Sleepy "
Bartender:"Hey no blackouts on the bar."
Ironmonger:"He's not blacked out, I shot him with a tranquilizer dart and now I'm going to take his wallet. WALLET FOR THE WALLET GOD!*sarcasm*"

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:35 pm

well I'm 17 now, but next year I get to drink for two months while I go on a academic cruise around the Mediterranean, because the drink age over there is 18, yay! Rainbow plus up to 800 undergrads will be on the boat as well, too bad my parents will be too...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:43 pm

I don't drink (no moral objection, just don't see the point). And I'm not at my best in large crowds. And I'm a lot less eloquent verbally, when I don't have time to think my words through before saying them. Generally it'd probably be better if I remain a shadowy figure on the other end of an internet connection.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:45 pm

Sindri wrote:I don't drink (no moral objection, just don't see the point). And I'm not at my best in large crowds. And I'm a lot less eloquent verbally, when I don't have time to think my words through before saying them. Generally it'd probably be better if I remain a shadowy figure on the other end of an internet connection.
yeah, same here, I'm really shy, I seem to do pretty well in small groups however, not so much in front of a large group
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:50 pm

I think it's an overactive survival instinct in my case. I'm more comfortable sitting with my back to a wall (or better yet a corner) so I can observe all routes of approach; I love being around people if the numbers are in the single digits and I know all of them but go into silent paranoid observation mode as soon as there are more than one I don't know well or more than I can track individually and simultaneously... basically the part of your brain that's responsible for preventing you from getting stabbed or eaten refuses to turn off even though I'm consciously aware that the danger level is close to nil.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:55 pm

I'm a great drunk. I get cuddly if I'm allowed to be and if not, I just like to sit/lay somewhere and keep drinking.
I cause no trouble or mess.

As for my confidence - when I'm in a completely new situation with new people, I shy out somewhat - use the time to get an idea of who is who and what they're like.
However, once I'm comfortable... well, you lot have some idea of how I am by the antics I pull here... though I can be a lot worse.

Also; your daily WHAT THE FUCK KIPPER dosage:

Yesterday I walked out in front of a car, while it was moving, during heavy fog... with full knowledge and on purpose.

Discuss.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:55 pm

I always have a defensive mindset when I'm in a large crowd, actually all the time. Even when I was harassing Old Milford with the Nerd Herd I was examining every single street, terrain feature, and building to see how I could defend what in the best possible way. One of my thoughts was using the local church as a sniper nest since it was built like a castle in some ways. I'm always looking around and over my shoulder and I'm picky about who hears what. Other than that I'm the group's wildcard and I'm not shy whatsoever.

I also have a habit of flipping off cars as I walk. Mainly ones that get too close.

Last edited by Ironmonger on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:57 pm

Kippershy wrote:Yesterday I walked out in front of a car, while it was moving, during heavy fog... with full knowledge and on purpose.

Discuss.
I hope you didn't hurt it Spike

Seriously though that's terrible. Any specific reason?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:05 pm

Valikdu uses Ray of Attempted Derailment.

He was screwing Reapers. Dead Reapers.:

Last edited by Valikdu on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Well I don't mind being in crowds, I'm actually very comfortable talking to people I don't know in person, because I can gauge how to take a conversation with them by the way they react to what I'm saying, at least to an extent. I hate talking on the Internet because I'm always paranoid that what I say will be misinterpreted and I'll be ostracized or seen as a troll or an asshole, I usually reword a post several times and even then feel uncomfortable posting. This I the third draft of this post, for example. It just bugs me.

@Kipper: I certainly hope you aren't trying to tell us your suicidal, because I don't even know how to respond to that. But I suspect you aren't, and this is something else.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:08 pm

Erumpet wrote:@Kipper: I certainly hope you aren't trying to tell us your suicidal, because I don't even know how to respond to that. But I suspect you aren't, and this is something else.
He's attempted it several times in the past, but I'd thought he was doing better recently...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Kippershy wrote:Also; your daily WHAT THE FUCK KIPPER dosage:

Yesterday I walked out in front of a car, while it was moving, during heavy fog... with full knowledge and on purpose.

Discuss.
Question: how fast was the car going?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:12 pm

@Sindri: that was my impression as well, he usually(as far as I can tell) is pretty straightforward with his emotions on the forum.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:16 pm

I know how being suicidal is, it aint fun. Dealt with it for years and came out of it just last year I think. What got me out of it is me realizing that if I'm dead my talents won't be helping anybody.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Now I shall explain why.

I was walking to work and I was put on the unfortunate shift of 9-6, which meant I had to walk at the same time as the school rush.
The drivers on the road were cunts as it was, but yesterday they were even worse than usual.

Anyway, I'm about 100 yards or so away from this school where there's a 4 way intersecting road thing, so all the cars are going all different directions and being twats, not letting pedestrians like myself through.

On the other side of the road is a woman with her 3 year old son (estimate) waiting to cross -- but because these cars won't stop for anything, she would've been waiting a lot longer.

What do I do? I decided I had enough of waiting after a full minute of no-one having any decency and I walk out in front of this car. Full on walk out in front of it and stand right in the middle of the road, in its way.
The guy behind the wheel threw his arms up at me and I just did the motion where you throw your shoulders at someone as if to say "You fuckin' wanna?"

Then I turned to the lady, waved her on and told her to cross the road. She was hesitant at first but I told her no car was going to move with me in the way. So she did, and I carried on my way to work.

And no, not suicidal at the current time and nor have I been for some time now. I actually haven't felt depressed for a while now, the last time I remember being depressed... was when Glory had her dead/alive cliffhanger back at Flash industries and before that, when I had a post-op infection which got me depressed (back in January).

Though yes, I have tried to commit suicide plenty of times in the past, the last time was last August however.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:20 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Kippershy wrote:Also; your daily WHAT THE FUCK KIPPER dosage:

Discuss.
Question: how fast was the car going?

Fast enough that if it had hit me I would've dented the bonnet and then cracked the windscreen... on purpose if it didn't happen immediately.
Not fast enough to kill me but possibly fast enough to kill the young child if he was to be hit and landed in an unfortunate way (such as hitting his head on the curb or something.)

I've been hit by cars before though, again, on purpose, because I was testing out the proper way to be hit by a car - so I know how to do it with minimal damage.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next