Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+33
Sindri
Downloaded Skill
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Mister Nikel
Katarn
tylertoon2
Ametros
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
Kippershy
Plasticube
Mech
WovenTales
SilentCarto
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Quotidian
FeatherDust
WavemasterRyx
OBS.GS.§S
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
Valikdu
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Caoimhe
Vergil
37 posters

Page 12 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:21 pm

Erumpet wrote:@Sindri: that was my impression as well, he usually(as far as I can tell) is pretty straightforward with his emotions on the forum.

Eeyup. That's me to a T.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Just a good old fashioned bout of white-knighting then, by somebody who knows how to take a hit from a vehicle and has a truly absurd constitution. Nothing to worry about.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Heh, I would've walked in front of the car by that point even without the woman/child on the other side - I just wouldn't have stopped.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:29 pm

In a school zone you say? Well then at least the cars wheren't going too fast. Well they shouldn't have been at least. I'm glad you are ok, physically and emotionally. And good on ya for standing up for yourself I suppose, but really there was probably a safer, if not as efficient, solution.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Yeah, but Kipper and safety don't tend to get along well.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Safety is for the sane! Crazy

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Safer would have been to wait until someone had the decency to think "hey, looks like there's someone waiting to cross. 'spose I'll stop for them." but on this part of the road, no-one does that.

People drive stupidly fast on that road for some retarded reason, a lot faster than they should -- both in fog and around children.
Hell, I saw one pair of cars doing at least 40 on the way home while the fog was still around in the exact same area.

The reason I couldn't wait any longer however, is because I was already going to be late for work if I waited any longer and while I can blag off a 6am start late through the night crew not opening up the doors when they're supposed to - I can't do it when there's nothing stopping me from getting inside on time.

So yeah, walking out in front of cars and threatening drivers with my posture = a normal enough event in the life of <s>Niall</s> Kipper.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:52 pm

New topic: Do you or anyone you know have high charisma? Personally I can get people to do a lot of things through words, until I start tripping over my language. Sometimes my language goes from 'tripped over a rock' to 'fell down a flight of stairs', then my charisma goes to hell.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Sindri wrote:I think it's an overactive survival instinct in my case. I'm more comfortable sitting with my back to a wall (or better yet a corner) so I can observe all routes of approach; I love being around people if the numbers are in the single digits and I know all of them but go into silent paranoid observation mode as soon as there are more than one I don't know well or more than I can track individually and simultaneously... basically the part of your brain that's responsible for preventing you from getting stabbed or eaten refuses to turn off even though I'm consciously aware that the danger level is close to nil.
I do something similar. I also find myself picking out people that are coming near me while walking in the halls at school and during classes. I lean on walls and get uncomfortable with strangers at my back. I used to sleep facing my door at all times, but not in the last 2 weeks.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:15 pm

@Charisma
Hmm, dunno... I mean, as far as I can tell, convincing people of/to do something is pretty easy. So far as I can tell, charisma beyond that is really relative - what works for some people doesn't work for others, and what works on some people doesn't work on others. So, I reckon all my friends are pretty charismatic individuals (well, almost all of them).

@Kipper
Kippershy is a magical combination of ultimate Viking and true gentleman.

@Booze
I don't drink da hooch, either, but I can socialize just fine once I'm confident of the tone of a conversation, if that makes sense. :) And if there's tea on tap, count me the hay in!

@Paranoia/Survival Instincts
Yeah, I can get like that sometimes. Ooh, and I don't like having someone I don't know behind me at all, either. As for sleeping, though, I don't really seem to care which I face; though I do occasionally get the urge to sleep with my feet under my pillows. Dunno why, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:16 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:19 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I'm sitting here giggling like an idiot.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:19 pm

Ironmonger wrote:New topic: Do you or anyone you know have high charisma? Personally I can get people to do a lot of things through words, until I start tripping over my language. Sometimes my language goes from 'tripped over a rock' to 'fell down a flight of stairs', then my charisma goes to hell.
In person, no. I don't read body language well, and if I don't think every line through beforehand (and pause awkwardly for an extended period) I generally stumble over words and sound like an idiot. However in writing I've often managed to persuade people to do things or organize random mobs toward some goal or another. Probably because with indirect enough communication, like text, intelligence can be used in place of charisma for most purposes and a well reasoned and strong argument works better than smoothness and fast talking.

ketchup504 wrote:I do something similar. I also find myself picking out people that are coming near me while walking in the halls at school and during classes. I lean on walls and get uncomfortable with strangers at my back. I used to sleep facing my door at all times, but not in the last 2 weeks.
No problems while walking here; I move more quickly than most people and I have good hearing so anyone getting closer from behind I can track by sound. I'm never comfortable standing still for unrelated reasons, so it's pretty much just sitting that I get weird. Or when people object to my constant pacing when I can't sit.

And I sleep better on the floor than a bed anyway, and I can hear anyone within a room or two in any direction of where I sleep, so no issues there.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Ironmonger wrote:New topic: Do you or anyone you know have high charisma? Personally I can get people to do a lot of things through words, until I start tripping over my language. Sometimes my language goes from 'tripped over a rock' to 'fell down a flight of stairs', then my charisma goes to hell.

I have a high charisma, yes.
Somehow despite all my antics, people absolutely fucking adore me.
Everyone loves the shit I do and say even when it seems like they shouldn't.
I can do things that others wouldn't ever be able to get away with because of some kind've charm that I have.

Offline and online, people tell me they've missed me when I'm gone for even a week -- that where I've left isn't quite the same.
Obviously there are exceptions, but the majority of people really enjoy my company.

As well as all that, every girlfriend I've ever had has at multiple points, found themselves speechless at some of the things I come out with at the tip of a hat (when inspired by love.)

I sometimes stumble upon my own words, part of my speech impediment that still lingers slightly, but I always manage to make my stuttering into something hilarious.
That's the other thing - everyone laughs when they're around me.
It comes natural to me - but I do things that people find absolutely hilarious in the best of ways.

Just the other day I was making one of my colleagues unable to do her job because I was doing impressions of people for the lulz.
On top of this, I'm able to speak freely about my drug use in front of managers at work and shrug it off through pure charisma.

So yes. I'd like to think I do.
If I don't... well, I don't know what I do have instead, but it is potent.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:24 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. Roid Rage

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. Roid Rage
so no getting on the nope train then?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:29 pm

The Nope train has derailed. I'm not sure we'll ever make it to fuckthatville at this rate.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:30 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 EL8eI
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Sindri wrote:
No problems while walking here; I move more quickly than most people and I have good hearing so anyone getting closer from behind I can track by sound. I'm never comfortable standing still for unrelated reasons, so it's pretty much just sitting that I get weird. Or when people object to my constant pacing when I can't sit.

And I sleep better on the floor than a bed anyway, and I can hear anyone within a room or two in any direction of where I sleep, so no issues there.
I walk at a quicker pace as well, and aside from defective eyesight and annoyingly sensitive sense of smell I'm not particularly benefited in the senses department.
I sleep with a dog at my side many nights anyway, so there isn't much need for alertness. Just something I've noted I've done.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 pm

WHERE IS YOUR CONDUCTOR NOW?
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 Fd760469-96cd-47e9-8169-0df3b65016f7

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:33 pm

ketchup504 wrote:I walk at a quicker pace as well, and aside from defective eyesight and annoyingly sensitive sense of smell I'm not particularly benefited in the senses department.
I sleep with a dog at my side many nights anyway, so there isn't much need for alertness. Just something I've noted I've done.
Trust me, with chronic migraines, keen hearing is far from beneficial. As soon as the hypersensitivity hits I can literally count people in the next room by heartbeats and every one is made of pain.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:33 pm

swicked wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:All I know about Warhammer 40k is NEEERRRRDDDDSSS
Seconded.

I'd just like to state for the record that though I have never played the tabletop game the universe is awesome.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:35 pm

swicked wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:All I know about Warhammer 40k is NEEERRRRDDDDSSS
Seconded.

Need ta smack both of ya!
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 12 AngryMarine9

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Time to beat a motherfucker with another motherfucker.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Sindri wrote:Time to beat a motherfucker with another motherfucker.

Reminds me of a certain line quoted by Robert Barone on Everybody Loves Raymond.

"HOW BOUT I HIT YOU WITH YOUR OWN(insert person here)"

Spoiler:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Nerds tryin to front up in dis bitch.

Also editing a quote from everybody loves Raymond on the grounds that the humour might be offensive is hilarious to me
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:01 pm

@Caoimhe: exact same impression that I am getting over here.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Nerds tryin to front up in dis bitch.

Also editing a quote from everybody loves Raymond on the grounds that the humour might be offensive is hilarious to me

Good point. Everything about that show is offensive. Spike

At this point I'm not frontin' up, I'm just harassing people.

It needs to be a meme. "HOW ABOUT I X YOU WITH YOUR OWN Y?"

LULZ FOR THE LULZ GOD

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Sindri wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:I walk at a quicker pace as well, and aside from defective eyesight and annoyingly sensitive sense of smell I'm not particularly benefited in the senses department.
Trust me, with chronic migraines, keen hearing is far from beneficial. As soon as the hypersensitivity hits I can literally count people in the next room by heartbeats and every one is made of pain.
That one migraine I had, the sensitivity was utterly disabling. I can't imagine how it would feel with already-sensitive ears. Also, it hurt with just one heartbeat...

Somewhat related, someone with a strobe light on their IThing turned it on at a party and it irritated my eyes for a minute after it was turned off. I was quite worried I'd get a migraine.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 33  Next