Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+33
Sindri
Downloaded Skill
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Mister Nikel
Katarn
tylertoon2
Ametros
Ki-Tarn
Aonee
Kippershy
Plasticube
Mech
WovenTales
SilentCarto
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Ketchup
Quotidian
FeatherDust
WavemasterRyx
OBS.GS.§S
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
Valikdu
Ironmonger
Stringtheory
Caoimhe
Vergil
37 posters

Page 9 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:21 pm

ketchup504 wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6W6aBSb4GBLtQHJ7Dg7NhUjwdzS18z5JuqaiUsM4nI1hzXRmn6Q
Just makes my page ten summary that much easier to write
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:23 pm

ketchup504 wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6W6aBSb4GBLtQHJ7Dg7NhUjwdzS18z5JuqaiUsM4nI1hzXRmn6Q

Basic training.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:24 pm

...That took me a moment to get, but I lol'd out loud.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:26 pm

I made myself snort-laugh when I was typing that. "haha-snnn-haha-snnnnnNNGNG"

EDIT: Holy shit I've been named!

WHAT DO YOU WISH MY LIEGE?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:32 pm

And we're not actually even trying to derail either.

Back on topic though, have we speculated as to what Dawn might have been doing while she was gone for all those years? Shes without equipment and dangerously idealistic in a place that weeds out people like that in less than a week. Shes been to the Everfree forest since she has the joke induced "trickster squint", yet I don't seem to remember any scars or the like. Wasn't she a part of that group of heroes from 5 years ago right? With Big Daddy (that is the leader of The Reapers, right?) and King Awesome? I find it kind of hard to believe she was wandering the wastes at all.

I, for one, believe she has something to do with the Harbingers and their Enclave connection. They seem to be the only group capable of keeping her safe while still providing her with information, but I don't really know what she could do for them.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:36 pm

I like trains

and it looks like we just passed the critical amount of time for this thread to descend back into complete randomness as per G.I.R.T. (Greater Internet Randomness Theory)
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:39 pm

iLiKETRAiNS are a pretty great band. I think I posted about them way back in July or whenever it was I found this scary place.

Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Did someone post the Boo custom figure yet? I don't remember seeing it, but I was skimming pretty fast, so...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:39 pm

So simple, but indeed. Thatsaboo.

Someone should make a Rampage ACTION FIGURE with interlocking armour and the like.

Last edited by Caoimhe on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:40 pm

I saw the white train on the ILIKETRAINS intro and thought the exhaust stack was someone flipping me off. I don't even...
For Nightmare Night, Boo could drape a white sheet over herself. Gives her name proper meaning cause Boo, she's a ghost.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:43 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Did someone post the Boo custom figure yet? I don't remember seeing it, but I was skimming pretty fast, so...
D'awww...that's adorable.

In other news,
@Caoimhe & Iron: What say ye?:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:And we're not actually even trying to derail either.

Back on topic though, have we speculated as to what Dawn might have been doing while she was gone for all those years? Shes without equipment and dangerously idealistic in a place that weeds out people like that in less than a week. Shes been to the Everfree forest since she has the joke induced "trickster squint", yet I don't seem to remember any scars or the like. Wasn't she a part of that group of heroes from 5 years ago right? With Big Daddy (that is the leader of The Reapers, right?) and King Awesome? I find it kind of hard to believe she was wandering the wastes at all.

I, for one, believe she has something to do with the Harbingers and their Enclave connection. They seem to be the only group capable of keeping her safe while still providing her with information, but I don't really know what she could do for them.
yes, she was part of the Big6 (King Awesome, Big Daddy, Professor Zodiac, the guy who founded the Finders (I think) and I forget the rest), then she married Glory's father (of course), lived in the Enclave for a while, left the Enclave and went back down to the wasteland, and that's all we know, until she just returned

but given that every member of the Big6 is the leader/founded a major faction in the Hoofington area, and we have heard that the Harbingers have a pegasus prophet as their leader, and given her speech at the end of the last chapter about how everyone should get along/work together (I don't recall exactly what she said), she's probably the leader of the Harbingers

Last edited by stringtheory on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:44 pm

RoboRed wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Did someone post the Boo custom figure yet? I don't remember seeing it, but I was skimming pretty fast, so...
D'awww...that's adorable.

In other news,
Spoiler:

...*pomf* Wait I'm a terracorn. So...

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 2a6ktfn

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:04 pm

@Downloaded Skill: her description actually included several scars, from both cuts and bullet wounds. However they where described as looking old, so they where probably from her traveling days before she became a mom and then dissapeared. But I certainly agree she must have had some sort of protection to look and act like she does and not be dead. Or the whole things a charade and she has a hollowed out tree trunk filled with power armor and laser Gatling rocket snipers.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Caoimhe wrote:So simple, but indeed. Thatsaboo.

Someone should make a Rampage ACTION FIGURE with interlocking armour and the like.

Does she come with spiked horseshoes and 12 angsty phrases?
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Deus Ex Machina, Strength 8, Initiative 5, Armor-piercing 4, Ballistic Skill 4, Weapon Skill 3, Attacks 2, Wounds 3.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:21 pm

RoboRed wrote:
In other news,

There's no sound quite like open downpipe turbodiesel. Yum.

Woulda been nice to see what it made in the 1/4.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Kippershy wrote:[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 1350849793955_zpsfc0a8492
Awww! He's trying to climb the water! I completely forgot anything I was about to say because that is so cute!

Wild KIPPERSHY used ADORABLE DERAIL!
It's super effective!

Erumpet wrote:So here is a question: Blackjack's terrible sense of taste, entirely innate, or partially innate and augmented by her, well, augmentations? What I mean to say is, would all natural Blackjack still like eating Glory Cakes in all their oily goodness? Disregarding of course the fact that they would kill her.
No, I don't think so. Considering all the metal and rock in there, she'd find it inedible without her upgraded mouth. But if you removed the inedible components and replaced them with food equivalents, yes, I think she would still find it delicious.

Kippershy wrote:Goldenblood had always loved Luna more than he had Flutters, always. It was the fact he couldn't even be semi-open with his relationship with Luna that made him go for Flutters in the end, rather than seeing her and admiring her until he managed to win her heart.

The time he spent in her care was when he realised he could use her to further the cause of winning the war. Having the head of the M.o.P allowed him to create such projects as Project Steelpony / Project Chimera (seeing as both are highly medical related and couldn't have been done under her nose without her finding out and making her balk it.)
I disagree. I think you're right on the money that he'd been harboring a crush on Luna, but I don't think his relationship with Fluttershy was calculated in any way. It seems more like it surprised both of them -- Shy attracted to his willpower and certainty of purpose, and Goldie to her purity of heart. Like Red Eye, he took on the "burden" of being a monster for the sake of the future, but it seems like he regretted not being the kind of pony he felt she deserved. Not enough to stop, of course...

...shit, it just hit me. Partypooper would necessarily involve killing Fluttershy, and Whisper too if anyone else knew about her. I wonder if that was part of the terrible secret that Goldie discovered at the very end... maybe that's why he set Horizons to activate if EC-1101 failed. A giant "fuck you" to whoever killed both of the mares he loved.

Huh. I just noticed that one Bearer of each tribe had a child who survived. I wonder if that was deliberate on Somber's part.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Vergil wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:So simple, but indeed. Thatsaboo.

Does she come with spiked horseshoes and 12 angsty phrases?

One leg articulates straight up to hoofclaw nosepick.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:36 pm

For some reason I am now stuck looking at FoE in Warhammer 40K tabletop stats. Blackjack has low initiative-DEEEEEEERP DERP DERP

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Ironmonger wrote:For some reason I am now stuck looking at FoE in Warhammer 40K tabletop stats. Blackjack has low initiative-DEEEEEEERP DERP DERP
Let the need pass, it will if you give it time. 40k does not mix well with much because it's so inherently silly in it's grimdark.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:43 pm

So as I was rereading the newest chapter I came across this:

I felt eyelashes and tears against my fingers; a half inch further and she’d be needing an eyepatch.

Genuine question: can Blackjack feel her fingers? I always figured they where just metal, but I guess they could have some sort of receptors on them. But even with receptors, feeling eyelashes and tears? I don't recall if it was mentioned whether or not Blackjack has feeling in her cyber parts, but I wouldn't think so, else keeping her sex bits natural wouldn't have been such a big deal right? I don't know maybe that's a bad example because it's a hooves to sex bits comparison plus she still wanted to reproduce, you know what scratch that comparison. But still I don't recall her having feeling in her cyber parts.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:44 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:For some reason I am now stuck looking at FoE in Warhammer 40K tabletop stats. Blackjack has low initiative-DEEEEEEERP DERP DERP
Let the need pass, it will if you give it time. 40k does not mix well with much because it's so inherently silly in it's grimdark.

It's overly-manly which means on the drop of a hat you get the Angry Marines, or as of my recent creation, the Friendship Marines. Very easy to cross the line.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Erumpet wrote:So as I was rereading the newest chapter I came across this:

I felt eyelashes and tears against my fingers; a half inch further and she’d be needing an eyepatch.

Genuine question: can Blackjack feel her fingers? I always figured they where just metal, but I guess they could have some sort of receptors on them. But even with receptors, feeling eyelashes and tears? I don't recall if it was mentioned whether or not Blackjack has feeling in her cyber parts, but I wouldn't think so, else keeping her sex bits natural wouldn't have been such a big deal right? I don't know maybe that's a bad example because it's a hooves to sex bits comparison plus she still wanted to reproduce, you know what scratch that comparison. But still I don't recall her having feeling in her cyber parts.
No, IIRC, she's got a feedback system.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:58 pm

Ahh thank you O Hinds, that's all I was looking for.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Cptadder wrote:
yeah, I believe 40k is one of the few settings we can't truly crossover with MLP (complete world mixing, FO:E style), just because the two worlds run on completely different powers, 40k runs on grimdark/hatred, while MLP runs on friendship, this is backed up by the fact that all the truly good gimdark fics, no matter how dark they get, still have THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP either as their moral or as a key element to the story (FO:E being a primary example), this makes such a crossover impossible because you simply can't have hatred and friendship be the primary power in that universe, you have to pick one, and so you have to sacrifice/tone down one and the world associated with that universe will suffer because of that and so the story will come out bad/subpar, because fans of the snubbed world will feel let down (that's how I feel about Archives of the Friendquisition), this also goes for at least one other story and that is Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, a place where being a complete bastard/betrayal is the ultimate driving force, and maybe a few other stories/literary universes, which I can't think of right now
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:12 pm

stringtheory wrote:STUFF

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 3os2n1

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:14 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Erumpet wrote:So as I was rereading the newest chapter I came across this:

No, IIRC, she's got a feedback system.
And it's useful. Pain is a defensive mechanism to make living beings from hurting themselves, and wouldn't it suck if she didn't realize her legs were disintegrating and they suddenly break when she needs them most?
Anyway, magic is certainly involved. From my observations, she can feel heat, damage, and textures, so I think she'd be able to feel moisture.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:15 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
yeah, I believe 40k is one of the few settings we can't truly crossover with MLP (complete world mixing, FO:E style), just because the two worlds run on completely different powers, 40k runs on grimdark/hatred, while MLP runs on friendship, this is backed up by the fact that all the truly good gimdark fics, no matter how dark they get, still have THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP either as their moral or as a key element to the story (FO:E being a primary example), this makes such a crossover impossible because you simply can't have hatred and friendship be the primary power in that universe, you have to pick one, and so you have to sacrifice/tone down one and the world associated with that universe will suffer because of that and so the story will come out bad/subpar, because fans of the snubbed world will feel let down (that's how I feel about Archives of the Friendquisition), this also goes for at least one other story and that is Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, a place where being a complete bastard/betrayal is the ultimate driving force, and maybe a few other stories/literary universes, which I can't think of right now

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 3os2n1
so please tell me, good sir, where in 40k has THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP ever solved a problem?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:18 pm

I once saw somewhere that the Blood Angels at one point allied with the Necrons (the metal boys aint douchbags anymore), the Thousand Sons and Iron Warriors are still loyal and relatively neutral respectively, and the Alpha Legion are closet-loyalists so I hear. Bout as close as I can get to friendship, unless you count Tau and Nurgle Marines.

EDIT: Correction, that's moreso Tolerance than Friendship.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next