Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:31 pm

Reading through the chapter. I need an answer to something... hopefully the real reason from hinds or somber or... yeah.

Why does Blackjack do her broadcast thing at the base? I don't understand what's going on, there. It's just sudden and random and I don't understand it at all.
I mean, not at ALL. I stopped for a few minutes trying to think what just happened, there. It wasn't just dumb or anything... it was pointless. What reason would she have to announce that stuff to the entire wasteland a second time? Or if it wasn't supposed to be an open broadcast... still why?
I just can't wrap my head around any reason at all for this.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:47 pm

Somebody brings up her past idiocy one time too many, and Blackjack gets fed up and decides to put the issue to rest by doing something even more stupid. Because Blackjack.
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Sindri wrote:Somebody brings up her past idiocy one time too many, and Blackjack gets fed up and decides to put the issue to rest by doing something even more stupid. Because Blackjack.
Oh Blackjack

Blackjack may be a smarter pony but she is still not a pony that thinks well on her hooves. Remember the fact she broadcast the entire thing in the first place to every receiver in range. Arcano-tech is still well... magic to her and she's just getting started on magic. We think, oh god open air broadcast and think bad thoughts. Blackjack does not because until a week ago she had never had a broadcaster in her entire life or reason to think about communications as everything in her stable was done face to face or terminal to terminal.
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Sindri wrote:Somebody brings up her past idiocy one time too many, and Blackjack gets fed up and decides to put the issue to rest by doing something even more stupid. Because Blackjack.
But... just what? You do something you come to regret, you're reminded of it several times, so you do it again because... then you've done it twice?
And then she was surprised people heard it. If that wasn't the desired effect...

I just feel so confused about this whole thing.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:01 pm

swicked wrote:
But... just what? You do something you come to regret, you're reminded of it several times, so you do it again because... then you've done it twice?
And then she was surprised people heard it. If that wasn't the desired effect...

Blackjack underestimates the range of her broadcaster, and the concept of SIGINT might as well be Quantum entanglement theory to her.
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Oh Blackjack

Blackjack may be a smarter pony but she is still not a pony that thinks well on her hooves. Remember the fact she broadcast the entire thing in the first place to every receiver in range. Arcano-tech is still well... magic to her and she's just getting started on magic. We think, oh god open air broadcast and think bad thoughts. Blackjack does not because until a week ago she had never had a broadcaster in her entire life or reason to think about communications as everything in her stable was done face to face or terminal to terminal.

A week ago? No, it's been longer then that.
She got the broadcaster at the same time as she met Applebloom-bot, remember? With her Delta Mk II Pipbuck?
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Cptadder wrote:
swicked wrote:

Blackjack underestimates the range of her broadcaster, and the concept of SIGINT might as well be Quantum entanglement theory to her.
But... No, she underestimated it the first time and the entire wasteland heard it. Here she did it and was surprised ponies in relatively close proximity to her heard it.

Has anyone done anything like this before? Shot themselves in the foot and, upon reflection, done it a second time since it was stupid and painful to do it the first?
I just can't relate to this behavior o_o

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:12 pm

She does it because she's sick of everyone treating it as gossip.
She's thinking that if she does it again and says it in such a way as to mean "YES, I DID IT. NOW END OF FUCKING TOPIC!" that it won't be such a big deal any more.

Or that's how I understood it to be.
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:17 pm

swicked wrote:

She said something incriminating without thinking, everybody she meets for the past several days has been incessantly giggling about it and bringing it up every chance they have. She's pissed off. She just wants people to stop talking about it. So she tells them yes, I did all of these things, I freely admit to them, I am aware of the facts and the implications thereof, you're not being clever by trying to be snide about it every five fucking minutes, shut up already. This is one of the few ways of dealing with gossip that has any chance of actually working over a timeframe of less than a month, and on its own would be an embarrassing but valid choice.

The stupid part is where she did so in the middle of a secure base she wasn't supposed to be in, and apparently used tech that automatically overrode all their comms.
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Sindri wrote:
swicked wrote:

She said something incriminating without thinking, everybody she meets for the past several days has been incessantly giggling about it and bringing it up every chance they have. She's pissed off. She just wants people to stop talking about it. So she tells them yes, I did all of these things, I freely admit to them, I am aware of the facts and the implications thereof, you're not being clever by trying to be snide about it every five fucking minutes, shut up already. This is one of the few ways of dealing with gossip that has any chance of actually working over a timeframe of less than a month, and on its own would be an embarrassing but valid choice.

The stupid part is where she did so in the middle of a secure base she wasn't supposed to be in, and apparently used tech that automatically overrode all their comms.
Okay, I guess I can kinda understand it that way, thanks.

Also: Blackjack's black flapjacks.
Just TRY saying that five times, fast. Or even three.
I haven't been able to do it once so far. I mean, gezz...

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:50 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:(not virus; it's now been confirmed to be a prion)

You're close, but you still seem to be missing the key phrase.

You're gonna have to just tell me, then.

Also, a prion is technically not a virus but it is common to refer to then as such, since they spread in AC similar way.
Well, okay. It's not as if it's actually a spoiler or anything, since it's sitting right there in that chapter, so I suppose that this is okay.
Spoiler:
Somber wrote:We were quite shocked to discover, again with this ‘Security’’s assistance, that there were indeed signs of proof that a biological weapon was being adapted by this Operative to infect pegasi,” Harbinger purred with a growing smile.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:12 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
On a side note, I seem to have developed a headcold, and in the shower there was blood in my phlegm.
Upon asking this medic that I know thoroughly well, he has told me that you should inform your doctor of this, because coughing up blood is never a good thing.
He also tells me that if you choose not to listen, he will not be surprised because nobody here ever listens to his advice, because he apparently doesn't know anything about medicine or the severity of blood coming from your throat with no obvious source.

Funny you should say that, I am going in to Triage at the Houston VA in the morning. I told my boss about it, he said go home now. I said I can work the night, he said get some rest tonight so you can recover properly. Naturally I'm not exactly happy about being sent home. I came in to work today because it was the first two hours of me and one other person, had to get shit done. Usually we aren't in on Mondays, but it was really important dinner.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:30 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Well, okay. It's not as if it's actually a spoiler or anything, since it's sitting right there in that chapter, so I suppose that this is okay.
Spoiler:
Somber wrote:We were quite shocked to discover, again with this ‘Security’’s assistance, that there were indeed signs of proof that a biological weapon was being adapted by this Operative to infect pegasi,” Harbinger purred with a growing smile.
...I thought we knew that already? Like, pretty explicitly?
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:58 pm

O. Hinds wrote:We were quite shocked to discover, again with this ‘Security’’s assistance, that there were indeed signs of proof that a biological weapon was being adapted by this Operative to infect pegasi,” Harbinger purred with a growing smile.
I'm not getting what part of that is supposed to be surprising. We knew from Miramare in chapter 13 that they were trying to adapt the prion for pegasi; we knew from other discussions that the enclave as a whole was not aware of this project, and apparently I just forgot that Yellow River was strongly related to the plague... so... what's the new information here...?

Chapter 13 wrote:
“Why? What are you doing here?” I demanded as I slammed against [Minty], pushing his exposed limbs through the bars.
[...]
“The disease! [...] It doesn’t affect pegasi! We don’t know why! They’re immune!”

“Then why do this?”
[...]
“Suffice it to say that Councilpony Sky Striker has forgotten that the role of the Enclave is to protect the pegasus people from any and all threats. Even from our own good intentions.”
So clearly, Lighthooves wants (or at least claimed to want) to cause a small raider outbreak among those returning from dirtside in order to scare everyone into staying above the clouds forever.
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Sindri wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Well, okay. It's not as if it's actually a spoiler or anything, since it's sitting right there in that chapter, so I suppose that this is okay.
Spoiler:
...I thought we knew that already? Like, pretty explicitly?

FeatherDust wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:We were quite shocked to discover, again with this ‘Security’’s assistance, that there were indeed signs of proof that a biological weapon was being adapted by this Operative to infect pegasi,” Harbinger purred with a growing smile.
I'm not getting what part of that is supposed to be surprising. We knew from Miramare in chapter 13 that they were trying to adapt the prion for pegasi; we knew from other discussions that the enclave as a whole was not aware of this project, and apparently I just forgot that Yellow River was strongly related to the plague... so... what's the new information here...?

Chapter 13 wrote:
“Why? What are you doing here?” I demanded as I slammed against [Minty], pushing his exposed limbs through the bars.
[...]
“The disease! [...] It doesn’t affect pegasi! We don’t know why! They’re immune!”

“Then why do this?”
[...]
“Suffice it to say that Councilpony Sky Striker has forgotten that the role of the Enclave is to protect the pegasus people from any and all threats. Even from our own good intentions.”
So clearly, Lighthooves wants (or at least claimed to want) to cause a small raider outbreak among those returning from dirtside in order to scare everyone into staying above the clouds forever.
You're not looking at the exact wording.
Spoiler:
"a biological weapon was being adapted by this Operative to infect pegasi"
Not "a disease was being adapted to infect pegasi to make a bioweapon" or "a bioweapon was being created to use on pegasi" but...
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:48 pm

O. Hinds wrote:You're not looking at the exact wording.
Spoiler:
Not "a disease was being adapted to infect pegasi to make a bioweapon" or "a bioweapon was being created to use on pegasi" but...
Eh, I don't think so, unless you're using your editorial I Know Something You Don't Know powers. It's easy enough to read that as "a disease is being adapted into a bioweapon".

Honestly I don't see it; if it was originally a bioweapon, the raider virus (prion) was a failure. It has the worst transmission vector imaginable, requiring its victims to do something most ponies won't ever do (unless they're fed poisoned food, which you could do with agents or stealth, but either would be much less effective than just shooting the enemy); and if it intentionally isn't very communicable (intended to be aerosolized by a separate process and deployed against a particular area like a chemical weapon) then it's far too slow-acting to be useful.

The only thing it seems good for is creating fear -- what Lighthooves seems to be doing with it. It's asymptomatic for days and then suddenly the victim goes psychotic, in a horrific way, and if the vector is unclear then it would easily create widespread terror, which is perfect for making the populace distrustful of anyone who ever touched surface.
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:59 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:You're not looking at the exact wording.
Spoiler:
Eh, I don't think so, unless you're using your editorial I Know Something You Don't Know powers. It's easy enough to read that as "a disease is being adapted into a bioweapon".

Honestly I don't see it; if it was originally a bioweapon, the raider virus (prion) was a failure. It has the worst transmission vector imaginable, requiring its victims to do something most ponies won't do (unless they're fed poisoned food); and if it intentionally isn't very communicable (intended to be aerosolized by a separate process and deployed against a particular area like a chemical weapon) then it's far too slow-acting to be useful.

The only thing it seems good for is creating fear -- what Lighthooves seems to be doing with it. It's asymptomatic for days and then suddenly the victim goes psychotic, in a horrific way, and if the vector is unclear then it would easily create widespread terror, which is perfect for making the populace distrustful of anyone who ever touched surface.
Hey, I don't know the details. I just know that I flagged this as soon as I read it (because I don't really see how it could be read as anything else, to be honest...) but was told that it indeed was not a typo.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumpet on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Really O Hinds that's such a trivial thing from the dialogue, even if I had noticed it I wouldn't have thought anything about it. But now that you say it's important, I can only imagine the implications. Curse me and my inability to resist spoiler tags, even Kipper's and Kim's [shudders]
Erumpet
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:20 pm

Erumpet wrote:Really O Hinds that's such a trivial thing from the dialogue, even if I had noticed it I wouldn't have thought anything about it. But now that you say it's important, I can only imagine the implications. Curse me and my inability to resist spoiler tags, even Kipper's and Kim's [shudders]
...How is it trivial?
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumpet on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Spoiler:
Well it's trivial because it's just a turn of phrase. He didn't say it was a prewar weapon, or a surface weapon, or one of our weapons, he just said a weapon was being adapted. So unless I'm missing something, it's just the way he decided to phrase it, in my mind. Really it was just a way for him to be concise, just being explicit in stating that 1) it's a weapon 2) it's being turned against Pegasi and 3) it was planned by operative Lighthooves. The phrasing of the sentence doesn't jump out at me as 'ah ha! This is important.' I didn't mean you are wrong, but no matter how many times I look that over it doesn't seem suspicious to me. That's all.
I really didn't mean trivial in an offensive manner or to belittle your observation, just to be clear. I was really just trying to show I thought it was unimportant, until you mentioned it. It still seems unimportant, but since you mentioned it I know it's not.
Erumpet
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:39 pm

Erumpet wrote:
Spoiler:
Well it's trivial because it's just a turn of phrase. He didn't say it was a prewar weapon, or a surface weapon, or one of our weapons, he just said a weapon was being adapted. So unless I'm missing something, it's just the way he decided to phrase it, in my mind. Really it was just a way for him to be concise, just being explicit in stating that 1) it's a weapon 2) it's being turned against Pegasi and 3) it was planned by operative Lighthooves. The phrasing of the sentence doesn't jump out at me as 'ah ha! This is important.' I didn't mean you are wrong, but no matter how many times I look that over it doesn't seem suspicious to me. That's all.
I really didn't mean trivial in an offensive manner or to belittle your observation, just to be clear. I was really just trying to show I thought it was unimportant, until you mentioned it. It still seems unimportant, but since you mentioned it I know it's not.
Oh, no, it's fine. This is... apparently much more obvious to me than to pretty much everyone else. I suppose that it probably comes down to tending towards literal interpretations.
Spoiler:
The key thing revealed by the phrasing is that it was already a weapon when Lighthooves started working on it. This begs the questions of who turned it into a weapon and why...
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:46 pm

That is pretty interesting if that's the case, but I suppose only if you really look for it in that context. Coming from one of the editors I'm inclined to believe its importance as well.

Was this part of one of the many projects? Hmm... Sounds Horizonsy, I could imagine purifying the land by simply murdering a fuckton of the life being a solution by some insane pony, or at the very least a stalemate insuring possibility.
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumpet on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Spoiler:
After you pointed out with italics the weapon bit, yes I got what you where saying and immediately thought those same questions, and while I have no evidence to support this my current theory which I litrally came up with while typing that first response is that it was a weapon developed by Pegasi against the surfacers, just in case. My only reason for thinking this is that the other council members where not very surprised by the revelation that biological weapons are being developed, and in order for the conviction necessary to state this is in fact a bio weapon and not just a disease the creator of the disease would have to be known.
Erumpet
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:06 pm

wording is very important, one wrong word and suddenly you have a loophole... a crack if you will that is problematic in the future.

so playing with words you can make a noncommittal phrase which leads others to believe you are committing when in reality you never actually said you were or weren't. a good example would be when discord said everypony must play the game, the rules are no wings and no magic bot of which would have bound discord to the rules had he not said the phrase everypony... otherwise I would have calle discord out on using wings and magic
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:07 pm

To respond to Erumpet (And oh boy another ten page summary to write)

Spoiler:
Bioweapons are the worst by far weapon one can produce for use against an enemy not only in the fact your taking something able to self reproduce. Not only that bioweapons can only be vaguely aimed and the more effective and widespread the deployment the closer to "impossible" it becomes for containment. If you make super Ebola and TRY and kill a million people with your virus rockets... chances are the death toll may be closer to fifty million.

The better your virus the better the chance of "kill everyone" weapon it becomes

Point is people who study these sorts of things sooner or later run an analysis and suddenly get the result that "oh shit we can't even use these things ever".

Like a hypothetical blow up the world bomb... you can only use it once... and only as a giant middle finger to the result of the world. You can't negotiate with someone who has that big a gun to the head of the species. Once your there either you give them everything or they won't pull the trigger. Not much middle ground there.
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erumpet on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:13 pm

@CptAdder: I'm not sure what exactly that is in response to, but is it
Spoiler:
because I said trivial when talking about bio weapons? Because I wasn't calling the weapons being trivial, I meant the wording. If that's not what you are reffering to than sorry I am at a loss as to what you are talking about exactly.
Erumpet
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:21 pm

I just finished 51. My fuck is full of mind. Admittedly most of the stuff I paid attention to were the mentions of the Raptor and Project Steelpony, as I have a strong habit of combing works for technology ideas. Great chapter.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:25 pm

Been keeping quiet mostly. Also fiddling with a chapter commentary template. What'cha think?

Chapter 51 Running Commentary:

My eyes travelled from the comely dove-gray mare to my sheet-wrapped love. The former sat on the couch with her eyes oddly closed in an expression of amusement while the latter perched atop her stool with her legs and wings clutching her body so tightly that I wondered if she would simply implode
Heh, it'll be very funny, albiet unlikely that the "Ghost of Rainbow Dash" thing is going to happen, but still funny either way.

The mare didn’t wear any barding or carry any equipment.
Something's off. There's absolutely no one out here in the wasteland, especially Hoofington that doesn't have any form of protection. Well, maybe slaves...

Even when she was looking at us, she didn’t open them past the barest squints, but I didn’t get the impression that she was blind.
So we have a Brock-eyed pony? Heh. SHARINGAN EYE

“And… ah… Glory,” I murmured, looking at my friends. I glanced at her and saw the tiniest little shake of her head.
Yeah, that immediately gave it away...

or some reason, I could taste blood, and my head was really hurting. Wasn’t the healing talisman supposed to take care of that?
That's not a good sign. Going from no magic to light and bullet spells to memory spells is quite a jump. Good thing she didn't explode or anything.

“The Wasteland shouldn’t claim lives before their time.” Coming from anypony else, that line would have been pompous, even sanctimonious, but the pegasus practically glowed with sincerity.
Don't tell me she's gonna be one of those crazy religious ponies. Gut's telling me that something is really off with Dawn.

“Tell me there’s a secret cheat mode that kills my sense of pain?” I asked pathetically.
Let's see. Try UUDDLRLRBA_Start or iddqd?

It felt… contrived. My mother coming out of the Wasteland after all this time looking for me?
It is contrived. Try to find out what she's up to before the area gets marked by Harbingers. Mines are nice. But Steel Rain is still out there, with top gear and stuff.

“Right,” he said, his blue eyes turning to Glory. “For what it’s worth, I don’t trust her.
That makes two+(? others in PHCC) of us.

Don’t worry about it,” he said with a casual grin. “I’m Cheddar. I just got here.” There was a little pain in his eyes, but there was nothing new. We all had sad eyes. “Your name is… Calm? Palm? Buzz Bomb?”
Huh, a new character. Me likes him already. Then again, it's probably becaue he's a kid. >.>

But he didn’t leave; not that there weren’t parents who wanted to adopt him. While pleasant and witty most of the time, Cheddar became the moodiest orphan in the place when prospective parents interviewed him. And when they moved on to another child, the friend emerged again. He got his magic first, then his cutie mark and his talent. He could speak any language after hearing or reading it for a little while. His scroll-and-fountain-pen cutie mark was quite the envy of most of the colts. Still, even with such an amazing talent, he still refused to let himself get adopted.
Ain't that also Fausticorn's mark? This character's awesome. Which makes it more tragic when he does get separated. It's gonna happen, otherwise we would've heard about him.

And I heard my friend inside shouting, “No! No, I won’t go! I won’t!”
“Cheddar!” admonished the headmaster. “One does not speak to your Princess like that!”
Ooooh! Sweet, it's Celestia. Hope he gets to drag along Psam-nope. Dramatic Irony at its finest.

“Not that it isn’t terribly dramatic, but don’t you know young unicorns should get out of the rain?” a mare asked above me, her voice soft and bright. The rain stopped in a semi-circle around me and I looked up at a dark form drifting down to stand before me. Beads of starlight seemed to shimmer in her magically billowing mane and she wore a tiara the color of sky just after the last reds of sunset faded from view. Her majestic wings folded beside her and her horn glowed once. Instantly the water on my coat disappeared. Then she summoned a black wool blanket and draped it around me. I hugged the fabric close. “I was hoping to catch my sister here after I raised the moon, but it looks like she’s still on the move.” Princess Luna gave a small smile. “Now… what’s the matter?”
DaHay is Luna doing here?

“I see. It’s a rare pony who can give up what she wants for another’s happiness. Your friend must be quite special for you to give him that.”
Do you think he's really going to be happy there? He just lost one of his most important friends. Sure, it's the princess, but there's some things you shouldn't give up. Just makes you stu---ProtoBlackJack. Great...

“It’s ponies who think they aren’t who are. I know what it’s like to feel worthless and unloved,” she said as she lifted me with her magic and flew me down to the front gate of the orphanage. “Please, be patient. Have faith. I’ll try and help you soon.”
Seriously, what's she doing here of all places?

“I told you I’d come back.” Luna said softly as she knelt beside me and stretched her soft wing around to pull me close to her warm body. The dam broke and all at once I was sobbing once more; but I knew this time the Princess wouldn’t be troubled by a weeping filly. “Shh…” she hushed as she nuzzled me. “It’s alright. I’d never leave you in a place like this.” I blinked and looked up into her eyes. “I found someone to take care of you.” At once my ears folded a little but she hugged me closer. “None of that. You’re the last one, Psalm. It’s your turn. You deserve a chance at happiness too.”
Is this some sort of mind game conditioning? What the Hay Luna?! A way to get some completely loyal follower? Too contrived. /Cynical

She looked at the doorway. “Come on in. You’re such a horrible lurker.” There was a shift at the door, and then a handsome young stallion slowly walked into the room. His yellow eyes met mine with a wary look, the eyes of a pony who’d been hurt.
Oh look, more time with Goldie to make us like him. Then eventually something horrible to make us hate him some more. =_=

I know there are times when being around others positively hurts, but that’s better than being alone.
QFT

“Oh,” I said, contemplating a moment before asking. “Do you think I could come to the school with you from time to time? I have… there’s a pony I know who goes there.”
Why do I have the feeling that Cheddar's going to be the one to stop her from finishing PartyPooper?

“That is a common myth, and one not entirely inaccurate. Before the war, a unicorn usually only possessed whatever magic they developed in their youth, and such magic was usually focused on their interests and thus usually related to their talent. But a unicorn’s magical potential is not limited by their special talents. Rarity exhibited designer skills but also knew a spell to find gems, as well as teleportation later in life. And if a unicorn’s magic was limited, what point was there in writing down spells or having schools of magic? Think of your own stable. Most of the unicorns were trained in magic appropriate to their field, regardless of their cutie marks,” Lacunae explained patiently. “Most unicorns, once they have the spells they want, simply quit studying.”
That's understandable. But I'm still sticking with the Twilight Sparkle ancestry theory. Still, nice mention to FO:E with Rarity knowing teleportation.

“Yes, through substantial effort, and such growth is not infinite. There are some unicorns who focus all their efforts on one spell to great effect. Others possess a panoply of abilities but never take the time and effort to strengthen them. Only a hoofful… Twilight Sparkle… Clover the Clever… Starswirl the Bearded… devoted their lives to both. Sadly, I don’t see you being capable of matching their talent.”
Yeah, that's wait they said about Twilight. Just waiting for the Radboom now to repeat history and have OP Blackjack.

Maybe Pinkie Pie; who knew who the pink one had gotten freaky with? Or Rarity. There was a tiny, immature… okay, maybe not so tiny… part of me that liked the idea of being the descendant of the love child of Rarity and Vanity.
Can't. Stop. Laughing. Pinkie's too busy for relationships as far as we know, plus trust issues. Similarly with Rarity. Though now I'm starting to get a feeling like Hojo. Pony!Sephiroth anyone?

Now I fear that she’s experimenting in the kitchen.
Oh dear, what now? Sooner or later her food's going to be weaponized.

“Please, Blackjack. It’s nothing. It may not even matter anymore. You’re doing so much better now. Please, don’t ask,” she begged, and I backed off. I heard a mental sigh of relief. “Thank you, Blackjack,” she said, and then one last thing leaked through, “and I’m sorry.”
Ok. What did she do? Some memory magic herself when Blackjack was dead, or maybe anchor her while she was dead the first time.

“Oh no,” the Goddess laughed in delight. “Not this time. This was all her. At the time I was rather put out that she’d done it, but now… heh… now I couldn’t be happier with the results!”
Definitely related to the connection to Trixie. Partially integrate her to Unity to save her life perhaps? Or maybe just push Psalm into Blackjack because it was too horrible to be a part of.

I could ask. I could. But if she denied or refused, what then? Would I force the answer from her? Could I? Could I force the answer from her by violence or guilt or crude memory magic if she refused? I sighed, closed my eyes, and peeked deep down in the bottommost pits of my soul, beneath all decency, all loyalty, all compassion and love… I could. So I would not ask. I’d have to do something else, and then I would close my eyes and hope that, if one of my loyalest and most true friends had done me a wrong, she would somehow tell me. As if she did not, then I prayed to slain goddesses that only I suffered for it.
You kept secrets from your friends to hide the truth. Just trust them for now and hope they eventually tell you. Sooner or later you'll have to tell Scotch about the tunnel yourself, so...

“Oh! Hi, Blackjack. I had an idea and I was thinking of a way to make the perfect food for you,” she said, then slammed her hoof down on the handle of the skillet, flipping something black into the air. Then she grabbed a plate between her hooves and with a swoop deftly caught what looked like an immense black cake. The plate shattered, and the dark discus fell to the floor and rolled like a wheel across to the pale blank. “Oh, shoot, it’s heavier than most pancakes.
What have you created Glory? It's so scary. It broke a plate!

“Well, that was how I started,” Glory said as I levitated the black disk up. “But then I figured that instead of just flour, which wouldn’t assist your digestion, why not add some grass for fiber? But then I thought that, really, a pancake like that would only be good for your biological aspect, so I added a layer of nails, and then some more grass and batter.” I turned the disk back and forth before me. “Once I’d added them, I figured some crushed gems would also be ideal. And then I was worried that the flavor might not be right, so I crushed up some Sugar Apple Bombs for flavor. Then, just to make sure you got everything you needed, I added a layer of grease to keep your augmentations working smoothly.”
You have no idea how to cook Glory. Just give it up. It's a good thing that Blackjack is pretty much part dragon.

“Well Glory, I don’t know how to say this. You tried for perfection…” I said gravely, then grinned. “And you nailed it!”
O.o Definitely part dragon. Actually I don't think Spike would eat this.

I held the disk in my hooves as Glory beamed and Boo sat back in confusion. “This is most perfect food ever! Cyberpony cakes! It’s got everything I need for my body. And if I ever need to patch my armor, I can just nibble one till it fits!” Glory blinked as I popped out my fingers and swung the nibbled disk. “And feel that heft! I bet I could throw one twenty yards and take off a raider’s head! Heck! I can just bite it into whatever shape I need! With this, I can be armed, armored, and fed all at once!”
Bwahaha. I was right. It's gonna be weaponized. Oh this is gonna be good. Enemy: "She's killing us with her food!" CyberCake OP, nerf nao.

“I don’t know. It was in zebra,” Glory said with a worried frown. “I think you should stop experimenting till you know a little more about memory spells. Go to the Collegiate, talk to Triage, and find out how she does it. Or check that book you got in Tenpony.”
That's not good.

Glory frowned at me. “Who are you, and what did you do with Blackjack?”
You want her to do something stupid? Just wait an hour.

Well, it didn’t say ‘practical magic’. Some of the magic, like walking on clouds, I simply couldn’t confirm if I’d done right or not.
Would be useful in Enclave territory. Just have to wing it then. *facepalm*

Retirement letter
Oh so close. If she had sent this...

“Wait? Red Eye? As in the slaving Red Eye? As in the evil organization threatening all of the Wasteland Red Eye? That Red Eye?” I blinked in shock. “You’re not actually doing business with those slaving bastards, are you?”
Necessary evil. Not many options left. He's got caps, and at least they ain't trading with Harbingers, or so I hope.

"For all that pegasus prophet goes on about a grand new future and a glorious new world, the rest of them have a simpler message: join them or else.” Triage gave a mirthless grin. “Even you can figure that one out.”
“The prophet is a pegasus?” I asked with a frown.
That ain't good. Either it's Enclave, or it's Dawn. Gonna kidnap Glory or something.

[quote The Zodiacs are patrolling every day keeping an eye out. It’s just a matter of time before the Harbingers try something bigger than we can handle, and when that happens I’m hoping Red Eye decides to use some of his firepower to help us outquote]
Don't count on it. Too busy dealing with Enclave and LittlePip.

Wait a minute. Those bars were blue...
Trouble here we come.

I’m not looking for trouble. I just want to check this out,” I said, looking over and seeing her skeptical look. “Really. If it’s trouble, I’ll back out. Promise.”
Lies. If there are innocents there, you will help out. And get scrapped in the process.

“Serfs. Not slaves,” the stallion said reasonably. “You just have to sign the paper saying that you agree. Then we can all leave this horrible place. I’ll heal you all up, and you’ll be ready to get to work.”
Slavery all the same. Just attempts to justify it in the consciences of the snooty upper classes. Blackjack's gonna rumble with the Society.

There were five or six ponies all wearing explosive collars.
This ain't good. Can't go guns blazing here. Start thinking.

Suddenly light burst into view as the rag-shrouded pony floated up above them. Baleful white light blazed from within it as its voice crackled and shrieked. “I smell the blood of wicked ponies! I HUNGER!” the eldritch form howled as it slowly advanced through the air.
Too busy laughing at this. Ghosting in the chapter. I'm satisfied.

I turned and discovered that what I’d assumed was a giant heap of rotting clothes was in fact a giant thing of muscle and shaggy gray fur. It had a head like a brahmin, only not quite so deformed, and it stood on two heavy split hooves rather than four mutated ones. Its upper body was so muscled that it looked as though a good push would send it tumbling over. It was standing upright like I was, and its forelegs –arms? – ended in hands. I had a good opportunity to observe these in action as its backhanded swipe sent me flying, augmented legs and all, clear across the room. My magical focus was gone, and the sword and Vigilance disappeared into the debris of the storeroom as I crashed into the wall and landed in a heap of broken ponnequins.
Oh look, encounter Minotaur: Pain Train?

And my horn gave a fizzle, then a flash, and everything went white. I flopped limply on my back on top of some junk, my horn coated in a layer of soot. A split second later the gray giant rammed into the wall three feet to my left with an impact that made the whole boutique shudder. He glared down at me with his horns embedded in the wall. “Cheater...” he muttered sullenly.
Wait, did she just teleport? Twilight Heir confirmed in my eyes.

The fist connected with the cake, and a horrible crunch filled the air.
Ok this is hilarious. Edible Weaponry.

He snorted, absorbed the blow with the forearm of his injured limb, and then grabbed my wrist with his free hand. A smile crossed his bovine features. My pupils shrank and my ears drooped. “Uh oh.”
Wait when did ponies have wri- Oh yeah, Blackjack.

Pain Train rose out of the flooded basement, trailing streamers of the foul gray water. I backed away, aching as he advanced. I had to stay on my hind legs, and even then the water sloshed around my chest. It was only waist deep on him. I moved to put a beam between us. He reached out with his hands, ignoring the broken finger, and grabbed the beam. With a pulpy crunch, he ripped it down and broke it in half with a massive flex of his arms.
Going for a Roy-Style win with stuctural damage. Order of the Stick for the win.

Look mom, I’m a pegasus.
XD

Stupid ideas started to creep into my head. Leaving him here, half buried? Leaving him to rot as Enervation slowly drained the life out of him? It just didn’t seem... right.
Cue Flutteshy in your head. He's gonna pop up later now. Dunno how minotaurs are written in this world though. Going to learn from him about Minotaurs?

There was a tiny yellow pegasus inside me giving me great big teal pleading eyes. I groaned, rubbing my temples. No, Fluttershy. There is ‘be kind,’ and then there’s ‘be stupid.’ The tiny yellow pegasus gave a little sniff and just stared at me. He’d tried to kill me! Her tiny lip quivered. I clenched my eyes, determined to do what smart ponies did with when they fought big, terrible, half-bull monsters, which was to just go. I could learn... I... She gave the tiniest little whimper.
Yup, aaaand now I'm hearing Murky. >.>

Of course... if I’d actually done that, that would have been Trouble...
No duh, especially with that mob. Help Blackjack they'd be saying.

Lightning Dancer wore her power armor but had her helmet hooked to her shoulder. Her grave blue eyes met mine. “Let her in.”
*sighs in relief* At least she wasn't in the curbstomping at Yellow River.

“You’re going to have to surrender your weapons,” the pink mare said after a second.
Ok now just have Glory make a bunch of those... Cakes, and you'll be fine. "What's that?" "My Lunch" "O.O"

She started to answer when her armor beeped. “Oh crap. They’re here. The bastards are early.”
Neighvarro, obviously. It's the only annoying thing Thunderhead has to deal with that they can't just outright fight.

“A Raptor. The Castellanus,” Lightning Dancer said tensely. “You need to get inside. If they find out that I breached security…”
Betcha it wouldn't stand a Folly shot. Just have to make it so that you don't get sploshed in flux when firing it.

“Now, Blackjack, do you know where Dusk is?”
Dangit, Neighvarro prisoner then. Another on your todo list: Break out Dusk.

“Such power,” the Goddess purred in my mind. “With that, Red Eye wouldn’t last a minute against me.”
Well, great. This is when the start negotiations for a meeting. Well, that just means Maripony's coming up real soon. Not soon enough though.

Oh, Celestia. That did it. I turned on my broadcaster, opened a channel to wherever, and shouted, “Okay! Attention everypony! Security here! I am a dirty, lecherous, adulterous mule! I cheated on the best mare in the Wasteland and am a bad, bad pony. Happy?!” I blurted, then threw my hooves overhead. Lightning Dancer stared at me in horror as Lacunae covered her face with a wingtip.
*facepalm* Idiot momenent ahoy. If Sky Stiker gets his hooves on you. You dead gurl.

I looked at the rows of terminals and reached out a hoof, scowling at it passed right through. I looked at the buttons and tried to push with my magic. Surely that would work, right? Not so much. I groaned and batted at the machine with a hoof.
Learn to use the Cloud Walking spell for this.

“I cannot say at this time because we do not have an Operative Lighthooves assigned,” Stratus replied. “I’ve got two hundred and thirty-two operatives, all memorized. There is no Operative Lighthooves in Enclave Intelligence.”
That's surprising. Although I should have expected it with Spec Ops. Secrets and Lies.

Despite the Science Channel’s exaggerations, there are real threats of an epidemic.”
Wait, was that a shot at... Bwahaha.

I couldn’t see well, but the contents appeared to be some sort of mane clippings.
Ok that's bad. That photographer was lying when saying he was from (New?) Appleloosa then.

Little Pip? An agent for who? Was he serious? I thought hard about Arbu and what she’d done. Was it... possible? No. It couldn’t be. Harbinger was wrong... or pulling it out of his ass or... or something! It was like saying the Stable Dweller was working for the Goddess. It just... wasn’t possible. It... it couldn’t be!
Again, necessary evil to ensure Maripony goes off successfully, albeit not without cost. Blackjack's gonna have to deal with retribution ain't she. LittlePip certainly didn't.

“I can’t believe it!” I stormed as we trotted towards Chapel. Vigilance! Sacrifice and Duty! The magic sword of scary sharpness… all gone! I was disarmed; I was pissed!
Trying to resist. Nope "CAKE OR DEATH?"

“Who can say? She winnowed them out once. Perhaps she would do so again,” Lacunae replied with a sigh.
Don't think so. Sure it's okay when you separated them one at a time when assimilating them, just like emptying a pond with a bucket. Now try to stop it all at once.

We struggled so hard to understand our own identities. Glory, P-21, Rampage, Lacunae, even Scotch, all fighting so hard to determine who we were and where we were supposed to be. And I was filled with an overwhelming urge to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. What luxury! What indulgence! Most ponies in the Wasteland were happy just trying to survive to next week, and here were the six of us staggering through existential crises!
Angstiest band in the Wasteland.

“Blackjack’s an idiot. You know that,” Rampage said with a smile and a roll of her pink eyes. “Sometimes I think she’d try to help a corpse take a walk.” I flushed a little, frowning as I listened on their conversation. “I wonder why I continue to follow her around. Is there some soul inside me that makes me want to stick near her?” She rubbed her face. “I don’t even know which part of me is thinking right now. The Doctor? Shujaa?”
Meh, methinks that you are the last one, which was a filly. That's who you are and the rest are influencing you. Though with the talisman magic, I suppose that you are a lot like God/Dog from New Vegas.

Rampage gave a little sigh, then nodded. “I still do. A little. But… it’s not the same, P. I used to think she was good. Now I don’t know if she’s good or just delusional. And she’s trying to help me and you and everypony and… doesn’t she get it? You can’t help some things. Some ponies are just broken. Some ponies aren’t meant to be helped.”
Back to Boing? Eh, she'll try anyways.

“Start a war between the Harbingers and the Enclave,” P-21 added, “all while feeling horrible about it.”
Foreshadowing much?

And wind up pregnant with a mule,” Rampage chuckled. I felt my ears burn along with my cheeks. Okay, that wasn’t likely to happen any time soon! Really, did all my friends talk about me like this when I wasn’t around?
Obviously, you still have your implant thingy. And I don't think I've seen any donkeys in FO:E, except in Murky's story.

“I wonder if Twilight Sparkle’s friends were ever as aggravated with her as we are with her great great great oh so greaty great great granddaughter.”
Knew it. I called it, along with a bunch of others. That just means he locked the door. Too soon to try and handle being a cyberpony, much less Twilight Heir.

“Maybe. I promised Homage I would as soon as we thought she could handle it; I have her memory orb and everything. I just don’t know if she’s ready for it. We promised to wait till she was stable.”
Ha! I knew they messed with her head while she was dead the first time. Stability ain't happenin' anytime soon. Just give it to her.

“I love her name,” he muttered. “Not Blackjack. Her real name. I love how she seems like she can do anything… at least till she can’t. I like how she keeps trying to to good, no matter how bad it hurts.” He sighed long and low. “But loving her? You’d have to get me pretty drunk to pull that one off.”
Love ain't just romantic man.

“Ah. I’d wondered. Most folks don’t trot very far without weapons,” the pale mare said with a sigh. She didn’t have any weapons... “Those that do, though, are more interesting than most.” She looked over in the direction of Star House. “So how did my little girl get transformed into Rainbow Dash?”
Well look at yourself dearie. And yah, she knew. Probably had some tells or something.

“I’ve run into it myself once or twice. Insidious weed. The Everfree Forest is just rife with it.”
Wait what?! Oh just encounter, not actually touched. So what's she doing in the EverFree where RedEye is? +1 distrust.

“I did,” she said with a nod of her head and a look towards the ponies working. “In the end, we’re all the same. Pony. Griffin. Zebra. Dragon. We let ourselves become divided and separated. That’s what caused the war. It’s what caused the bombs to fall. It’s what perpetuates the misery to this day. Differences as insignificant as where one was born, the stripes on one’s skin, or one’s species. It’s those differences… those separations we create… that cause all the suffering and hardship in the world. Finding peace is no more difficult than overcoming those differences.”
+1 Creepy. Idealistic as it is, something's really off. My freakiness senses are tingling like mad.

She looked towards the Core.
Calling it. She's something to do with the Harbingers. Dawn of a new age?

Yet, something about the way she said it was almost sad.
Yup. Seekers, possibly with Steel Rain are comming.

Dawn just looked at me blankly with her odd squint, then smiled and said gaily, “Ah, love.”
No, I really think she likes it. Not just liking it because Glory made it.

“Ahhh. I see. Almost the exact same thing I did with her father.”This was starting to creep in a somewhat disturbing direction. “You collared your husband?”
“Of course not. That would be silly,” Dawn just laughed as she took to the air. “I married him.”
Sky Striker. With a collar.. brb laughing.

It wasn’t until I saw what came next that I realized what we were making. Toilets. Five fine porcelain thrones from the manor itself. They were set in place by Scotch Tape herself. Lacunae used her magic to ferry over a barrel filled with river water and poured to fill each of the opened barrels. Then Scotch Tape shooed us all out.
*Trollface*

Now the greater challenge: getting the fillies and colts to keep it clean.
Ugh, I've heard stories of bathrooms during cons. So scary. I've also chatted with school staff instead of other students. Oh the stories they could tell.

When Scotch had emerged, she hadn’t buttoned up the rear flap of her coveralls, and her butt was hanging out a bit. I blinked, then squinted. “Scotch... your flank... I think you got it!”
Toilet Toilet Toilet Toilet...../silly
Really though, methinks it'd be something more design-related. Like AppleBloom MeThinks it'd involve drafting tools. Maybe at T-square and a compass?

The filly’s cutie mark was a strange diamond over an unwrapped scroll. The four-sided diamond was made up of two strange apparati. The bottom one was a ruler which seemed to be bent in the middle at a ninety degree angle. The top was some strange piece of equipment that resembled two sharpened metal sticks joined at the apex by a hinge. On the parchment was some strange abstract design that appeared vaguely structural.
Oh sweet. I was close. A compass, and an L-Ruler. Sweet. Now for P-21 to be have a heartwarming moment to finish it off.

“It’s... I... but...” she stammered as she stared at her flank. P-21 appeared from the crowd, slowly walking up with a wistful smile. Scotch Tape looked up at him, her eyes filling with tears. “Daddy?” she whimpered.
“It’s a very nice cutie mark,” he said as he pulled her into an embrace. Immediately, she burst into happy tears as she held him. Some of the other ponies looked on at the spectacle in confusion and with a little envy.
Dawwwwwwwww. That's so swee-HNNNNNGGG.

I sighed and took a deep breath. “You realize what this calls for, don’t you?”
Scotch Tape wiped her eyes. “Huh? What?” Suddenly, a lot of ponies started looking nervous as I grinned from ear to ear.
PartyTime!

I brought down Octavia from my room and showed her to Adagio, Allegro, and Sonata. I tried to explain how she was special, and how they should play with her, take care of her, and not leave her alone. The three young ponies looked at the instrument thoughtfully. Then the blue and magenta Adagio stood firm as the magenta and blue Allegro hopped on his back. Tiny Sonata clambered on to Allegro’s shoulders and her hooves began to work the neck of the base. Allegro didn’t use the bow at all! Instead, he happily plucked the strings, and deep twangs joined the rest of the band. I tried not to wince, but oddly the notes that came out were clear and deep.

There was a little bit of regret, too. I’d liked making music. It’d been nice; it’d saved me more than once when I’d been at my absolute worst. And a part of me liked to imagine just what I’d have been like in another time and place where I could have learned music rather than how to patrol and enforce the rules of the Overmare. It was a silly, selfish thought, but I felt it all the same. Still, Octavia should be in the hooves of other ponies to enjoy her music, not kept as a prize in my room for when I was down.
And ultimately, I liked giving her to the three who’d lost their friend more than I liked playing her for myself.
Q.Q Octavia probably appreciates it as well. TT.TT

Dealer chuckled softly beside me. “You don’t have to sit out here. You can go and join them.” The white pony looked better than he had before, more rested. Younger, too.
Oh Hai Dealer. Been a while. You've been busy doing other things?

“I’m... scared of her.” He pulled his hat over his face to hide his shame.

I blinked in shock. “Scared?”
“I’m a soul in a box, and EC-1101 is bonded to me. The Goddess manipulates minds and souls connected to her. If she found out about me, she might try to yank out the Megaspell through your connection.”
Well I hope that he's been keeping tabs on Blackjack with the recordings. It'd help especially since Trixie's been screwing with her memories.

And yet... there was something off about it all that I couldn’t quite put my hoof on. “Ugh, today’s just been... just been weird.”
Nah it's a forboding warning that things are going to fall apart again. We really haven't heard much from Steel Rain. Maybe he's been fighting Armstrong Stronghoof?

And if I could have one good day, I could do anything.
<3

Pessimism aside, it was a really nice chapter. One more day she keeps close in her thoughts as the plot progresses. At least she ain't suicidal anymore. Only big things she has to deal with is Enclave (Lighthooves, save Dusk, save Lightning Dancer?), Harbingers, which may or may not be related to the previous, the aloof Society, and the EoS. She can't handle Trixie, unless possibly as a distraction.
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:51 pm

SilentCarto wrote:That's not the case at all. The bones were blackened, which means they were exposed directly to the balefire -- i.e., she curled up in the corner in depression after sending her letter to Twilight, and the balefire vaporized her body down to bones in an instant.
I want to emphasize, Somber, that while I'm arguing with you, I'm not objecting to what you wrote. Please don't think I'm saying "go back and change it" or even that you did anything wrong -- I'm just trying to make you feel a little better about what Kkat wrote. Santa I thought the change to what we thought we knew was intriguing.

Icy Shake wrote:And my horn gave a fizzle, then a flash, and
everything went white. I flopped limply on my back on top of some junk,
my horn coated in a layer of soot.

From a practical standpoint, this feels like it came too soon. I just don't buy BJ pulling something like this off so easily and so soon. Actually it does seem very much like when she first did the psychic bullet, so it’s not unprecedented. Plus, her playing the matador, using herself as the cape, is good comedy.
She's also telepathically linked to Twilight Sparkle...

Icy Shake wrote:The accounts on the terminals were corroborated by pony remains infested with a prion contagion.
Nice. But so fast! Did anyone call pony BSE?
You may not have been around back then, but those comparisons went around way, way back when Glory first analyzed a Raider brain and noted that it looked spongy.

Caoimhe wrote:Also I find it amazing that I got more happydrunk staying at home reading PH on a Saturday night than going out clubbing. Still remember it all, too!
Hey, Baby. How would you like to come over to my place and read the new chapter of Project Horizons? *finger guns*

FeatherDust wrote:What else IS a person, if not a collection of memories?
What is a man? *throws glass* A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk. Have at you!

Necr0maNceR wrote:That made me think for a moment that it could be Deus, but nah, it wouldn't be him. He wasn't exactly their "friend" after all. I mean, the only reason I would mention him as a possibility is because of that armored shell he had enclosing his brain.
He got salvaged for parts. I'm pretty sure that would kill him if nothing else did.

Cptadder wrote:And funny enough with a name like Pain Train, Ultimate Warrior fits right in. but then so do 90% of Wrestling names which is why I put forward my all Minotaurs are secretly professional wrestlers.
This is now my headcanon.

Somber wrote:Well then Silent... I fuckered up... I thought I had at least four days from now till Goddess...
Yeah, sorry about that... the MAw alarm kinda puts a hard limit on the timeline. Without that, there's actually an extra day to work with. Maybe you could put off the "terrorist Pip" bit until BJ goes to try and recover her guns -- that would buy you an extra day...

There was something kind of odd I noticed in the previous chapter while putting that together, by the way. Glory pulls her 'drowned ghost' bit in the afternoon rain, the crap collapses, then she drags BJ into the bedroom and they don't come out until... afternoon. Bzuh? I had to assume a day passed in between various scenes to get to the MAw alarm at the right time.

I feel bad for bringing this stuff up, now. I don't mean to be Comic Book Guy about it...

Somber wrote:How many days is it from the Goddess dying to sonic radboom, and to the heroes assembling in Spike's Cave?
I'm going to try to be as clear as I can here, but probably end up being all confusing anyway. The Goddess goes boom a bit after sunset. The next morning is the start of what I'll call Day 1. On Day 2, Pip is rescued and DJ Pon-3 gets overridden. The Radboom happens around midmorning to midday on Day 4, and that night the Shattered Hoof SPP tower goes down. The Cathedral falls on Day 7, and the heroes gather on Day 8, but everyone is pretty exhausted that evening. Day 9 is their planning session and the big party evening. Day 10, of course, dawns on the Battles of Neighvarro and Fillydelphia, and that afternoon is... a bit of an occasion.

IncoherentOrange wrote:I heard you guys like lasers.
Laser CIWS.
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top