Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:56 pm

TEN PAGE POST SUMMARY GO!
21-31

Iron, O.Hinds and Meta talk about writing
Necr0maNceR continues the wide ranging discussion with multiple authors
MINECRAFT!
Fanart is posted
The long running Pslam killed Pinkie discussion which was brought up multiple times over the next five pages
All shall have avatars
Somber details Hoofington topography
More Fanart and more Pinkie death discussion
Chapter 51 is posted... shit gets real
Somber mentions the no bothering Kkat rule, don't bother Kkat about PH, she knows it exists, no need to bug her about it constantly
Meleagridis and O.Hinds talk cows
The forums are acting up, this is an forum motion problem not a Coudsville problem.
Reader reactions to chapter 51, page after page of them,
The round of error checking begins
Somber tweajs the fans with chapter 52 hints
Season 3 spoilers are discussed... not in spoiler tags
People rage about the above
Minotaurs are all professional wrestlers=accepted forum head canon
More reader reactions to 51
Somber panics because at the end of chapter 51 could be considered the day the goddess went boom. Discussion is had about timelines and exact dates.
Laser CIWS is posted
Dawn theories are posted
O.Hinds spoils Lighthooves secret plans to knock down the youth center to build condominiums
Discussion of the Raider Virus (Prion whatever)
We talk about Blackjack and broadcasters and her grabbing the idiot ball for her broadcast.
Blackjacks black flapjacks Blackjacks black flapjacks Blackjacks black flapjacks HAH!
Bioweapon discussion
And we end with silentcarto responding to everyone and everything
avatar
Cptadder
Alicorn

Posts : 1751
Brohoof! : 118
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Cptadder on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:29 am

Ten page summary done, off to bed.
avatar
Cptadder
Alicorn

Posts : 1751
Brohoof! : 118
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 am

FeatherDust wrote:What synchronization events do you have? Other than the meeting at Tenpony, I mean. Is this all based on working out mornings and evenings between "Everyone is at tenpony" and "boom"? Well, I guess Arbu is in there, but I think the timing is a bit uncertain on that (that is, how long between the events, the reporting of the events to Homage, and Homage talking to BJ about it.

For example, how do you know Pip was sick and unconscious for only one evening?
Xenith told her she'd been out for "less than a day". Similarly, Homage specifically said the Arbu recording was "Just a few hours ago". Pip's memory is actually pretty complete following the memory rip -- I wouldn't want to try and timeline anything before that because it's completely unclear how much time is missing there, but the last 20 days are pretty densely packed and she accounts for them rather thoroughly.

O. Hinds wrote:Not "a disease was being adapted to infect pegasi to make a bioweapon" or "a bioweapon was being created to use on pegasi" but...
Well, we already knew it had been weaponized, to be honest. Remember, the original version took months to work. It wasn't until Tumbleweed came down with it in a matter of days that we found out there was a second variant. The bioweapon version is not a pre-war thing, it's brand-new.
avatar
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Posts : 1585
Brohoof! : 393
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 37
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:01 am

So, who's looking forward to finding out what was behind the door in Tenpony?
avatar
Ketchup
The Condiment

Posts : 4897
Brohoof! : 114
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 19
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:55 am

O. Hinds wrote:Oh, no, it's fine. This is... apparently much more obvious to me than to pretty much everyone else. I suppose that it probably comes down to tending towards literal interpretations.
Spoiler:
The key thing revealed by the phrasing is that it was already a weapon when Lighthooves started working on it. This begs the questions of who turned it into a weapon and why...
That would be the common interpretation of those words, and a valid one, but all they literally say is that he made adaptations to a thing, which is currently a weapon. The past nature of the thing does not enter into the sentence, however clear it appears to be on the face of things. If, for example, I were to say "I adapted a weapon out of the loose pipes lying around" you wouldn't assume that the pipes were already designed for violent use, and it would be an odd turn of phrase but perfectly correct in grammar and syntax. Here your mind is filling in information which does not exist because no better alternative is offered and it seems obvious given the most common usages of the words.

You need to be careful about the exact meaning of a phrase rather than looking at the implications and things that are "obvious" when you're dealing with lawyers, politicians, and wish spells.
It's certainly possible that the original Yellow River prion was engineered, but not necessary at this time and I doubt that it will become a plot point if true.

ketchup504 wrote:So, who's looking forward to finding out what was behind the door in Tenpony?
I don't think Blackjack will ever see it. The ponies there went to great lengths to keep her from looking the first time, she claimed the book of magic and letters within as her birthright after opening that door and Twilight's study for them, and she left. Now she hardly has time for a nap, let alone a lengthy trip outside the Hoof, and the rooms she opened have probably been looted sorted, cataloged, and studied by now. Unless one of them was a great big megaspell control chamber or something.


Last edited by Sindri on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Sindri
Changeling

Posts : 1156
Brohoof! : 171
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:21 am

Erumpet wrote:Really O Hinds that's such a trivial thing from the dialogue, even if I had noticed it I wouldn't have thought anything about it. But now that you say it's important, I can only imagine the implications. Curse me and my inability to resist spoiler tags, even Kipper's and Kim's [shudders]

Spoiler:
Why thank you.
avatar
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Posts : 3480
Brohoof! : 121
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 26
Location : Essex, England

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:57 am

Sindri wrote:
I don't think Blackjack will ever see it. The ponies there went to great lengths to keep her from looking the first time, she claimed the book of magic and letters within as her birthright after opening that door and Twilight's study for them, and she left. Now she hardly has time for a nap, let alone a lengthy trip outside the Hoof, and the rooms she opened have probably been looted sorted, cataloged, and studied by now. Unless one of them was a great big megaspell control chamber or something.
She may never see it depending if she can get a teleport there. P-21 did say that he was thinking of a way to break it to her that she had indeed gotten in. There's a memory orb too.
avatar
Ketchup
The Condiment

Posts : 4897
Brohoof! : 114
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 19
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:05 am

Well... it's been two days now, and I've managed to get through a third of the chapter for my comments... that's progress, right?...

At least the forum is back to working right... I think...
avatar
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Posts : 599
Brohoof! : 376
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 32
Location : Happyhorn Gardens

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by FeatherDust on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:08 am

ketchup504 wrote:
Sindri wrote:
I don't think Blackjack will ever see it. The ponies there went to great lengths to keep her from looking the first time
She may never see it depending if she can get a teleport there. P-21 did say that he was thinking of a way to break it to her that she had indeed gotten in. There's a memory orb too.
He didn't say she'd gotten in, technically; he said they'd been lying to her. But I think she DID get in, and whatever was in there freaked her out badly enough that her mental stability is an issue in when they can give her the orb and let her recover the memory... so I doubt it's anything as prosaic as a simple megaspell chamber.

By the way: It's a hopeful sign that BJ was able to know (without knowing how she knew) how to disable the enervation field when it was at its peak, and thus the Goddess's influence was at a nadir. That suggests that the memory restrictions and such will fall apart once the Goddess is dead.
avatar
FeatherDust
Hydra

Posts : 546
Brohoof! : 112
Join date : 2012-05-25

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:48 am

According to Kkat, she could have spent as much as two days or so recovering in Glyphmark before going out. So I think I can stretch my original plans. Thanks Silent. And thanks for trying to make me feel better. It's just stupid of me. Anyway, see you all later. need to go write quizzes...
avatar
Somber
Hydra

Posts : 538
Brohoof! : 1046
Join date : 2012-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:33 am

MAKE THE LITTLE WHELPS LEARN- Erm, I mean...have fun, Somber!! Sweetie Belle

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

avatar
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 13859
Brohoof! : 717
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 28
Location : Nebraska

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:43 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:Well... it's been two days now, and I've managed to get through a third of the chapter for my comments... that's progress, right?...

At least the forum is back to working right... I think...
I just finished the chapter, myself. Now I just need to resist playing Dishonored for around 15 minutes or so to format and post it.
A losing proposition if I've ever heard one...

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Valikdu on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:53 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:
Head canon all Minotaur's now have Wrestler names, their entire culture is now one giant extended WWE title match, TNA is the slightly dumber cousins who like hearing themselves talk.
YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T BRING THAT WEAKASS STUFF UP IN THIS HUMPTY-BUMPTY! YOU KILL THE JOE, YOU MAKE SOME MO'!
But for every wrestler there must be one they all look up to... the ULTIMATE WARRIOR (TM, he changed his name to it to get the TM)

And funny enough with a name like Pain Train, Ultimate Warrior fits right in. but then so do 90% of Wrestling names which is why I put forward my all Minotaurs are secretly professional wrestlers

avatar
Valikdu
Alicorn

Posts : 2219
Brohoof! : 192
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Moscow, Russian Federation

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Necr0maNceR on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:11 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Necr0maNceR wrote:That made me think for a moment that it could be Deus, but nah, it wouldn't be him. He wasn't exactly their "friend" after all. I mean, the only reason I would mention him as a possibility is because of that armored shell he had enclosing his brain.
He got salvaged for parts. I'm pretty sure that would kill him if nothing else did.
Professor Silver Stripe is currently a brain-in-a-jar. She could have done the same thing for Deus if she had the inclination. Deus's front half seems to have been left more-or-less untouched by Caprice, and wasn't pulled apart until Silver Stripe and Rover got it.
avatar
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Posts : 227
Brohoof! : 17
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 26
Location : Lenexa, Ks

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Sindri wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Oh, no, it's fine. This is... apparently much more obvious to me than to pretty much everyone else. I suppose that it probably comes down to tending towards literal interpretations.
Spoiler:
The key thing revealed by the phrasing is that it was already a weapon when Lighthooves started working on it. This begs the questions of who turned it into a weapon and why...
That would be the common interpretation of those words, and a valid one, but all they literally say is that he made adaptations to a thing, which is currently a weapon. The past nature of the thing does not enter into the sentence, however clear it appears to be on the face of things. If, for example, I were to say "I adapted a weapon out of the loose pipes lying around" you wouldn't assume that the pipes were already designed for violent use, and it would be an odd turn of phrase but perfectly correct in grammar and syntax. Here your mind is filling in information which does not exist because no better alternative is offered and it seems obvious given the most common usages of the words.

You need to be careful about the exact meaning of a phrase rather than looking at the implications and things that are "obvious" when you're dealing with lawyers, politicians, and wish spells.
It's certainly possible that the original Yellow River prion was engineered, but not necessary at this time and I doubt that it will become a plot point if true.
Eh... I suppose that that can be a valid meaning if one stretches, but it does seem rather a stretch.
avatar
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Posts : 4843
Brohoof! : 382
Join date : 2012-05-09

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:10 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
He didn't say she'd gotten in, technically; he said they'd been lying to her. But I think she DID get in, and whatever was in there freaked her out badly enough that her mental stability is an issue in when they can give her the orb and let her recover the memory... so I doubt it's anything as prosaic as a simple megaspell chamber.

By the way: It's a hopeful sign that BJ was able to know (without knowing how she knew) how to disable the enervation field when it was at its peak, and thus the Goddess's influence was at a nadir. That suggests that the memory restrictions and such will fall apart once the Goddess is dead.
It is implied the door at least opened, and whatever happened had a profound effect on Blackjack. Or it could be something else that happened there. We don't know exactly. But it matters.

I think of it now that she homed on the source because the Goddess is very sensitive to enervation, so with the mutation in her brain, Blackjack put her knowledge of the pest-control rings with the Goddess' influence and sensitivity subconsciously to seek out the source. If that makes sense.
Can you elaborate on how that may mean that memory restrictions will collapse after the Goddess' death?

avatar
Ketchup
The Condiment

Posts : 4897
Brohoof! : 114
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 19
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:35 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:
He didn't say she'd gotten in, technically; he said they'd been lying to her. But I think she DID get in, and whatever was in there freaked her out badly enough that her mental stability is an issue in when they can give her the orb and let her recover the memory... so I doubt it's anything as prosaic as a simple megaspell chamber.

By the way: It's a hopeful sign that BJ was able to know (without knowing how she knew) how to disable the enervation field when it was at its peak, and thus the Goddess's influence was at a nadir. That suggests that the memory restrictions and such will fall apart once the Goddess is dead.
It is implied the door at least opened, and whatever happened had a profound effect on Blackjack. Or it could be something else that happened there. We don't know exactly. But it matters.

I think of it now that she homed on the source because the Goddess is very sensitive to enervation, so with the mutation in her brain, Blackjack put her knowledge of the pest-control rings with the Goddess' influence and sensitivity subconsciously to seek out the source. If that makes sense.
Can you elaborate on how that may mean that memory restrictions will collapse after the Goddess' death?


Methinks it's due to the blanket analogy that Blackjack had in the chapter. Felt like a blanket over parts of her mind, and as soon as Trixie dies the blanket gets pulled off. Or something like that.
avatar
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Posts : 1698
Brohoof! : 56
Join date : 2012-05-14

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:43 pm

...Dear god, I'm listening to this stream of drawfags and this guy with the most obnoxious dork voice ever (you know, the one you imagine when you imagine someone with spotty face, glasses, lanky... that blocked nose sounding voice? that.)

and he's listing off all the ponies he's made Rainbowdash fuck in his draw-ventures... and of course... "my OC..." [as in, his].


Dear god. The amount of names he's listing is just... eugh.
He's exactly what people imagine when they think of bronies, it seems.
avatar
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Posts : 3480
Brohoof! : 121
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 26
Location : Essex, England

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:55 pm


I interrupt this discussion to bring you Swicked’s Reading Review, starring Friendly Twilight!
*yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay*

Spoiler:

P-21 is... concerned? About what, and for who? Glory’s mother showing up is an odd occurrence, and certainly one that should cause Glory nothing short of a panic attack over who she is and what she’s doing, but that’s a far cry from something anypony should be concerned about. If anything, I’d be highly amused.
Or, rather, I am. HA!


“Even when she was looking at us, she didn’t open them past the barest squints, but I didn’t get the impression that she was blind.”


Oh my fuzzy slippers, it’s because Glory isn’t up for announcing herself? Is THAT the cause of concern? Because that’s even less of a reason than the first!


“For some reason, I could taste blood, and my head was really hurting. Wasn’t the healing talisman supposed to take care of that?”


Quick question, head injuries lead to the feeling of a knife in your guts, true or false?


“Tell me there’s a secret cheat mode that kills my sense of pain?” I asked pathetically.
Blackjack hasn’t played a video game in her life; this statement is entirely incomprehensible.
There are no computers in MLP, and computers in Fallout were 80s future computers, being terminals that were strictly functional without any entertainment value. I just don’t agree with this.


“My mother coming out of the Wasteland after all this time looking for me?”
She didn’t know you were in the wasteland... the Blackjack sent out a message that essentially announced that you were, as well as where you are. What, did you expect her have ever looked for you when she didn’t know if you were in the wasteland at all? Please.


“She was just down there smiling. Like… like these years never happened. Like she was on her way home and decided to stop in and check in on me at school. ‘No big deal. See you when you get home. Love you…’.”
Shut the heck up, Glory. You don’t get to pass judgments on her behavior until you’ve seen how she acts when she knows it’s you. What, did you expect her to run in, crying and hugging every pegasis mare in the place, regardless of if she knows it’s you? She’s been in the wasteland too long to go throwing her emotions about like that. Tell her it’s you, THEN decide if she’s as heartless as you think!
Oh, and if she already knows it’s you... well, there’s still good cause for waiting ‘till YOU are comfortable with a hug from your long-lost mother!


“Right,” he said, his blue eyes turning to Glory. “For what it’s worth, I don’t trust her.”
...then don’t let her stay. Just don’t. Lock your door, P-21, and make damn sure Scotch is safe, because if you’re going to entertain an untrustworthy once-hoofington hero, you’d better be ready for the fight of your life.
One does not walk across the wasteland with naked with nothing to their name. She’s either got stuff stashed somewhere or... well, or she knows she can take you all by herself entirely unarmed.


“And even though I’d told him my name several times, he pretended like he still didn’t know it. Because he wouldn’t leave until he did. That was the promise.”
This is like a... oh, what am I looking for? A sitcom? A bad romance? Some kinda tearjerker movie? Gezz XD

“Sure, we had to go TO the tired adults” (the “to” wasn’t there)


I didn’t go into the cafeteria. I heard the inhalation of awe and the cries of glee and even a few who cried for joy at the sight of our wonderful ruler. Instead, I hid.
Gah... that’s what I’d do, too...
Darn it, Somber, you have such a poor record of eliciting the correct emotion from me, but here you’ve got it spot on.


Feeling gone. It always annoys me when best friends or soulmates can’t catch the other in obvious lies like this. Probably happens in real life as well as in every romance book or film since the genera was invented. He knows what he means to her. Maybe it’s just because they’re young, but that shouldn’t have worked and he’s daft to of fallen for it.


“Not that it isn’t terribly dramatic, but don’t you know young unicorns should get out of the rain?” a mare asked above me, her voice soft and bright. The rain stopped in a semi-circle around me and I looked up at a dark form drifting down to stand before me. Beads of starlight seemed to shimmer in her magically billowing mane and she wore a tiara the color of sky just after the last reds of sunset faded from view. Her majestic wings folded beside her and her horn glowed once.
I understand the need to push onward with the narrative, but I wish you could have gone on a little bit longer with your description of Luna. The last time we were impacted by them was back when Blackjack first saw them (I don’t remember if you edited that to fit Luna’s new appearance, btw) and it would have been interesting if Luna’s divinity had immediately impressed upon Psalm such that her devotion to the princess was nothing less than entirely expected.


“To feel like you don’t deserve anything good in your life. But you do. Everypony does.”
...Luna’s probably just trying to comfort Psalm, though.


“I know what it’s like to feel worthless and unloved,”


“I… I thought I was imagining…” My feeble words dribbled out before I lowered my gaze.
My gosh, why did it take me this long to realize this was her cutie mark story?


Of course, for all I knew, all of Unity could hear me, but, if so, there wasn’t anything I could do about it.
She announces her sex life to all of the wasteland, she converses through all of Unity regularly... she’s like a pony Kardashian!


...huh. Has anyone actually been asking Somber about unicorn magic? Because all this stuff about unicorns being able to learn more than just a couple spells, I thought, was just common knowledge. It’s only EASIER for Twilight to learn lots of magic, not IMPOSSIBLE for other ponies to do the same.


There was a tiny, immature… okay, maybe not so tiny… part of me that liked the idea of being the descendant of the love child of Rarity and Vanity.
Blackjack: My gosh, that memory of being Rarity being bedded by Vanity... if that could have been the moment of conception of my great great great... something grandmother? Gezz, I really gotta find Glory, quick, while the image is still fresh-
Goddess: Good heavens, stop! Just stop, already!
Lacunae: Please. Seriously.
Voice 1 from within the Unity: Aww come on, that was getting pretty hot.
Voice 2 from within the Unity: ...you’re a freak, you know that?
Voice 3 from within the Unity: Look who’s talkin’.
Blackjack: ...maybe that’s enough daydreaming for now.


She felt guilty because of the control the Goddess had over me!
Hmm, Blackjack just had a thought.
Which, as we all know, means she’s wrong... particularly because the reason involves Blackjack, and her friends have been oft known to say “You know, it isn’t always about you.” So I wonder what the real answer is?


“She did something to you. Something that’s hurt you more than you could ever realize. Something that’s almost killed you more than once. All for her own selfish gain,”
What is Lacunae capable of doing? Taking negative emotions. How could this hurt Blackjack? By making her repeat her mistakes and keep soldering on when she should just stop and/or recover. Why would this piss off the Goddess? Because Lacunae’s only supposed to do that for her. Why wouldn’t the Goddess recognize that something that’s harmful to Blackjack would be harmful to her, too?
Because she is not a smart ponies.


”...a pancake like that would only be good for your biological aspect, so I added a layer of nails”
...
“And you nailed it!”
My head... hit the desk... too hard...
Losing consciousness...
*thud*


And one that created wings… well… I got through the first paragraph about cocoons and metamorphosis when my eyes crossed and I thought it best to move on.
...how is this a book for beginners? Twilight, early in her prime, struggled with this spell. She said it was very complicated. She has an easier time teleporting and yet that doesn’t appear to be in this book.
And there’s no chance Blackjack wouldn’t mention it if it was since, not that long ago, she was fantasizing about the possibility of learning such a spell.
This is highly confusing.


Maybe there was something my friends were keeping from me after all...
Woah woah woah woah woah.
Explain to me how the Goddess’s accusation that Lacunae was hiding something suddenly got transferred to ALL of Blackjack’s friends? Was that intentional?

Glory had warned me that if I trotted one step in the direction of trouble without her, she was going to put me in a harness she was was saving for something ‘special’.


He snorted, absorbed the blow with the forearm of his injured limb, and then grabbed my wrist with his free hand.
Ankle? Fetlock? Whatever it is, it’s not a wrist; they only have feet.
Yes, I know Blackjack can have hands if she extends the claws of her forehooves, but that doesn’t change her anatomy. It’s still not a wrist.


This was a good fight. A very good fight. Thank you ^_^


I’m liking all this interaction with Lacunae. I’m trying to get a feel for her personality. She’s depressed, yes, and has all those bottled-up angst-y feelings, but she’s also playful. She likes teasing, and not in a nerdy way. She’s not really awkward in the least, just a little shy and that can be attributed almost entirely to the fact that she doesn’t tend to meet ponies that are interested in being nice to her. But these ones are.
She’s got a bit of Glory in her... she lectures and rebukes. She likes to teach. In some ways I guess she IS like Twilight, and that’s probably intentional.
She’s nowhere near as methodical, though, and she still functions mostly as the straight mare in any joke. Her sense of humor seems to be fairly generic, lingering on the strangeness around her. All of her emotions are heavily muted, too, likely due to her suppressing all of Unity’s emotions at the same time.
She just doesn’t have a very strong personality. In Psalm’s memory, from an outsider’s perspective, she’d probably be pretty boring, too. But inside she was pretty darn interesting, I thought.
The question is... what is it, exactly, that I want from her? What would make her more interesting?
Note that I’m not saying other people don’t find her interesting, but me... I’m just not feeling for her story. Psalm’s, sure, but that’s who Lacunae used to be and is unlikely to ever fully become again.
I just want Lacunae’s exterior to break, I think. For her to get angry, sad, or otherwise expressive. This would likely break the character, though...
Meh. I realize this is a long, purposeless sidenote, but ever since she was first introduced I’ve had trouble thinking of her as anything other than a magical utility belt that also provided some insight into Somber’s headcanon regarding the Goddess without having to have alicorns present in Hoofington. In other words... an empty, bland character.
I really look forward to having her expanded into the kind of deep character the rest of our mane six (soon 5) have become.

Future edit: I just had a thought... what if Lacunae is the one that will “leave”? Somber foreshadowed that Lacunae’s “death” would be everything she is returning to the ponies that own them. With the goddess’ death, maybe that would happen. What we’d have left would be what, exactly? The shredded remains of Lacunae’s mind? She’s been this way for hundreds of years.
I’m betting others have stated as much already, though. I imagine Blackjack going after her, trying to get Lacunae or Psalm back via their link and Psalm waving her off. Her friends are on the other side, as is her goddess, for all her faults. Psalm wants to be forgiven and find paradise and death is the only way she’s going to get that.
And if all THAT happens, I wonder if Blackjack’s third out of body experience will count towards her death total. If so, she’ll almost have died as many times as she’s been hit by boats.

Future edit 2: Alternatively, what remains after Lacunae loses so much of herself will be an entirely different pony. Maybe it will be Psalm reborn, and Psalm... well, she wouldn’t be Lacunae. She wouldn’t want to go with Blackjack. The goddess made her begin the journey and the pony she becomes might just not want to do it anymore.
Now back to your regularly scheduled review.


Of course... if I’d actually done that, that would have been Trouble...
...with a capital T?
Heeheehee...


I guess we are to assume that her spell to walk on clouds failed, right? Because she can’t touch the terminal now...


The Director bared his teeth, not bothering to hide his contempt. “I’m sure you did, High General Harbinger.


“Stop being a Tiara, Stormy.

“We can stomp him in a week and tie up loose ends, then deal with other any other problems.”


Huh, Rampage and P-21, chumming around. I hope that means Rampage forgave him.


Shoot, screw Tenpony, have they been messing with more of her memory than we thought?


He sighed long and low. “But loving her? You’d have to get me pretty drunk to pull that one off.”
Missed opportunity:
Rampage: “Pfft, like I haven’t heard that one before.”
Or
Rampage: “If you’ll recall, I already have a history modifying the preferences of gay bucks.”
Or
Rampage: “Hey, everyone’s just a few drinks from bi, am I right?”
P-21: “...no.”
Rampage: “Oh, sure, you say that now...


What the frig is wrong with Dawn’s eyes? I swear, all I can think about when they mention her is this captain from one of the bleach episodes I've seen. I’ll post a picture.

Why, hello there. Pardon me, but I couldn't help but notice the gaping stab wound that appeared in your chest at the beginning of this sentence. I just wanted to tell you: don't worry about notifying your next of kin. You see, I've had a very busy day...

“I’d have more hope in a having a bullet of my own, sorry to say.”
...but, really, that entire line is awkward.


They’re picking themselves back up again,” I said as I watched Scotch Tape giving directions on the odd, long house they were building. I wanted to ask what it was for, but there was no way to approach her at the moment; the filly was in full manager mode.
Like how Rarity got her cutie mark when she saw her work presented on stage, Scotch is going to get her cutie mark when either this house, or this entire settlement, is completed.
Also? I’m going to say this is a bathroom. Just because it’s Scotch that’s doing this.
Not any kind of decent shelter from the rain, but indoor plumbing, because... gezz. Just because she’s Scotch.


Holy crud, I was right. On both counts. Hee...
Also, although it shouldn't be a source of joy, the dealer should now know that the ministry mares WERE going to resign soon, so... I dunno. Maybe he would have been right.
It wasn't too little, but it was too late.


And... done.
This was a very, very well-constructed chapter with a very good balance brevity and depth. Probably one of my favorite chapters so far. Maybe around the top eight or so, just to pull a number out of the air without actually enumerating the chapters I’ve loved.
You also did more in regards to humor this chapter than I think I’ve ever seen. Just a very lighthearted chapter with lots of feel-good vibes.

I’m clapping, Somber and company, you just can’t hear it. :)

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:23 pm

swicked wrote:
I interrupt this discussion to bring you Swicked’s Reading Review, starring Friendly Twilight!
*yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay*

Spoiler:

P-21 is... concerned? About what, and for who? Glory’s mother showing up is an odd occurrence, and certainly one that should cause Glory nothing short of a panic attack over who she is and what she’s doing, but that’s a far cry from something anypony should be concerned about. If anything, I’d be highly amused.
Or, rather, I am. HA!


“Even when she was looking at us, she didn’t open them past the barest squints, but I didn’t get the impression that she was blind.”


Oh my fuzzy slippers, it’s because Glory isn’t up for announcing herself? Is THAT the cause of concern? Because that’s even less of a reason than the first!


“For some reason, I could taste blood, and my head was really hurting. Wasn’t the healing talisman supposed to take care of that?”


Quick question, head injuries lead to the feeling of a knife in your guts, true or false?


“Tell me there’s a secret cheat mode that kills my sense of pain?” I asked pathetically.
Blackjack hasn’t played a video game in her life; this statement is entirely incomprehensible.
There are no computers in MLP, and computers in Fallout were 80s future computers, being terminals that were strictly functional without any entertainment value. I just don’t agree with this.


“My mother coming out of the Wasteland after all this time looking for me?”
She didn’t know you were in the wasteland... the Blackjack sent out a message that essentially announced that you were, as well as where you are. What, did you expect her have ever looked for you when she didn’t know if you were in the wasteland at all? Please.


“She was just down there smiling. Like… like these years never happened. Like she was on her way home and decided to stop in and check in on me at school. ‘No big deal. See you when you get home. Love you…’.”
Shut the heck up, Glory. You don’t get to pass judgments on her behavior until you’ve seen how she acts when she knows it’s you. What, did you expect her to run in, crying and hugging every pegasis mare in the place, regardless of if she knows it’s you? She’s been in the wasteland too long to go throwing her emotions about like that. Tell her it’s you, THEN decide if she’s as heartless as you think!
Oh, and if she already knows it’s you... well, there’s still good cause for waiting ‘till YOU are comfortable with a hug from your long-lost mother!


“Right,” he said, his blue eyes turning to Glory. “For what it’s worth, I don’t trust her.”
...then don’t let her stay. Just don’t. Lock your door, P-21, and make damn sure Scotch is safe, because if you’re going to entertain an untrustworthy once-hoofington hero, you’d better be ready for the fight of your life.
One does not walk across the wasteland with naked with nothing to their name. She’s either got stuff stashed somewhere or... well, or she knows she can take you all by herself entirely unarmed.


“And even though I’d told him my name several times, he pretended like he still didn’t know it. Because he wouldn’t leave until he did. That was the promise.”
This is like a... oh, what am I looking for? A sitcom? A bad romance? Some kinda tearjerker movie? Gezz XD

“Sure, we had to go TO the tired adults” (the “to” wasn’t there)


I didn’t go into the cafeteria. I heard the inhalation of awe and the cries of glee and even a few who cried for joy at the sight of our wonderful ruler. Instead, I hid.
Gah... that’s what I’d do, too...
Darn it, Somber, you have such a poor record of eliciting the correct emotion from me, but here you’ve got it spot on.


Feeling gone. It always annoys me when best friends or soulmates can’t catch the other in obvious lies like this. Probably happens in real life as well as in every romance book or film since the genera was invented. He knows what he means to her. Maybe it’s just because they’re young, but that shouldn’t have worked and he’s daft to of fallen for it.


“Not that it isn’t terribly dramatic, but don’t you know young unicorns should get out of the rain?” a mare asked above me, her voice soft and bright. The rain stopped in a semi-circle around me and I looked up at a dark form drifting down to stand before me. Beads of starlight seemed to shimmer in her magically billowing mane and she wore a tiara the color of sky just after the last reds of sunset faded from view. Her majestic wings folded beside her and her horn glowed once.
I understand the need to push onward with the narrative, but I wish you could have gone on a little bit longer with your description of Luna. The last time we were impacted by them was back when Blackjack first saw them (I don’t remember if you edited that to fit Luna’s new appearance, btw) and it would have been interesting if Luna’s divinity had immediately impressed upon Psalm such that her devotion to the princess was nothing less than entirely expected.


“To feel like you don’t deserve anything good in your life. But you do. Everypony does.”
...Luna’s probably just trying to comfort Psalm, though.


“I know what it’s like to feel worthless and unloved,”


“I… I thought I was imagining…” My feeble words dribbled out before I lowered my gaze.
My gosh, why did it take me this long to realize this was her cutie mark story?


Of course, for all I knew, all of Unity could hear me, but, if so, there wasn’t anything I could do about it.
She announces her sex life to all of the wasteland, she converses through all of Unity regularly... she’s like a pony Kardashian!


...huh. Has anyone actually been asking Somber about unicorn magic? Because all this stuff about unicorns being able to learn more than just a couple spells, I thought, was just common knowledge. It’s only EASIER for Twilight to learn lots of magic, not IMPOSSIBLE for other ponies to do the same.


There was a tiny, immature… okay, maybe not so tiny… part of me that liked the idea of being the descendant of the love child of Rarity and Vanity.
Blackjack: My gosh, that memory of being Rarity being bedded by Vanity... if that could have been the moment of conception of my great great great... something grandmother? Gezz, I really gotta find Glory, quick, while the image is still fresh-
Goddess: Good heavens, stop! Just stop, already!
Lacunae: Please. Seriously.
Voice 1 from within the Unity: Aww come on, that was getting pretty hot.
Voice 2 from within the Unity: ...you’re a freak, you know that?
Voice 3 from within the Unity: Look who’s talkin’.
Blackjack: ...maybe that’s enough daydreaming for now.


She felt guilty because of the control the Goddess had over me!
Hmm, Blackjack just had a thought.
Which, as we all know, means she’s wrong... particularly because the reason involves Blackjack, and her friends have been oft known to say “You know, it isn’t always about you.” So I wonder what the real answer is?


“She did something to you. Something that’s hurt you more than you could ever realize. Something that’s almost killed you more than once. All for her own selfish gain,”
What is Lacunae capable of doing? Taking negative emotions. How could this hurt Blackjack? By making her repeat her mistakes and keep soldering on when she should just stop and/or recover. Why would this piss off the Goddess? Because Lacunae’s only supposed to do that for her. Why wouldn’t the Goddess recognize that something that’s harmful to Blackjack would be harmful to her, too?
Because she is not a smart ponies.


”...a pancake like that would only be good for your biological aspect, so I added a layer of nails”
...
“And you nailed it!”
My head... hit the desk... too hard...
Losing consciousness...
*thud*


And one that created wings… well… I got through the first paragraph about cocoons and metamorphosis when my eyes crossed and I thought it best to move on.
...how is this a book for beginners? Twilight, early in her prime, struggled with this spell. She said it was very complicated. She has an easier time teleporting and yet that doesn’t appear to be in this book.
And there’s no chance Blackjack wouldn’t mention it if it was since, not that long ago, she was fantasizing about the possibility of learning such a spell.
This is highly confusing.


Maybe there was something my friends were keeping from me after all...
Woah woah woah woah woah.
Explain to me how the Goddess’s accusation that Lacunae was hiding something suddenly got transferred to ALL of Blackjack’s friends? Was that intentional?

Glory had warned me that if I trotted one step in the direction of trouble without her, she was going to put me in a harness she was was saving for something ‘special’.


He snorted, absorbed the blow with the forearm of his injured limb, and then grabbed my wrist with his free hand.
Ankle? Fetlock? Whatever it is, it’s not a wrist; they only have feet.
Yes, I know Blackjack can have hands if she extends the claws of her forehooves, but that doesn’t change her anatomy. It’s still not a wrist.


This was a good fight. A very good fight. Thank you ^_^


I’m liking all this interaction with Lacunae. I’m trying to get a feel for her personality. She’s depressed, yes, and has all those bottled-up angst-y feelings, but she’s also playful. She likes teasing, and not in a nerdy way. She’s not really awkward in the least, just a little shy and that can be attributed almost entirely to the fact that she doesn’t tend to meet ponies that are interested in being nice to her. But these ones are.
She’s got a bit of Glory in her... she lectures and rebukes. She likes to teach. In some ways I guess she IS like Twilight, and that’s probably intentional.
She’s nowhere near as methodical, though, and she still functions mostly as the straight mare in any joke. Her sense of humor seems to be fairly generic, lingering on the strangeness around her. All of her emotions are heavily muted, too, likely due to her suppressing all of Unity’s emotions at the same time.
She just doesn’t have a very strong personality. In Psalm’s memory, from an outsider’s perspective, she’d probably be pretty boring, too. But inside she was pretty darn interesting, I thought.
The question is... what is it, exactly, that I want from her? What would make her more interesting?
Note that I’m not saying other people don’t find her interesting, but me... I’m just not feeling for her story. Psalm’s, sure, but that’s who Lacunae used to be and is unlikely to ever fully become again.
I just want Lacunae’s exterior to break, I think. For her to get angry, sad, or otherwise expressive. This would likely break the character, though...
Meh. I realize this is a long, purposeless sidenote, but ever since she was first introduced I’ve had trouble thinking of her as anything other than a magical utility belt that also provided some insight into Somber’s headcanon regarding the Goddess without having to have alicorns present in Hoofington. In other words... an empty, bland character.
I really look forward to having her expanded into the kind of deep character the rest of our mane six (soon 5) have become.

Future edit: I just had a thought... what if Lacunae is the one that will “leave”? Somber foreshadowed that Lacunae’s “death” would be everything she is returning to the ponies that own them. With the goddess’ death, maybe that would happen. What we’d have left would be what, exactly? The shredded remains of Lacunae’s mind? She’s been this way for hundreds of years.
I’m betting others have stated as much already, though. I imagine Blackjack going after her, trying to get Lacunae or Psalm back via their link and Psalm waving her off. Her friends are on the other side, as is her goddess, for all her faults. Psalm wants to be forgiven and find paradise and death is the only way she’s going to get that.
And if all THAT happens, I wonder if Blackjack’s third out of body experience will count towards her death total. If so, she’ll almost have died as many times as she’s been hit by boats.

Future edit 2: Alternatively, what remains after Lacunae loses so much of herself will be an entirely different pony. Maybe it will be Psalm reborn, and Psalm... well, she wouldn’t be Lacunae. She wouldn’t want to go with Blackjack. The goddess made her begin the journey and the pony she becomes might just not want to do it anymore.
Now back to your regularly scheduled review.


Of course... if I’d actually done that, that would have been Trouble...
...with a capital T?
Heeheehee...


I guess we are to assume that her spell to walk on clouds failed, right? Because she can’t touch the terminal now...


The Director bared his teeth, not bothering to hide his contempt. “I’m sure you did, High General Harbinger.


“Stop being a Tiara, Stormy.

“We can stomp him in a week and tie up loose ends, then deal with other any other problems.”


Huh, Rampage and P-21, chumming around. I hope that means Rampage forgave him.


Shoot, screw Tenpony, have they been messing with more of her memory than we thought?


He sighed long and low. “But loving her? You’d have to get me pretty drunk to pull that one off.”
Missed opportunity:
Rampage: “Pfft, like I haven’t heard that one before.”
Or
Rampage: “If you’ll recall, I already have a history modifying the preferences of gay bucks.”
Or
Rampage: “Hey, everyone’s just a few drinks from bi, am I right?”
P-21: “...no.”
Rampage: “Oh, sure, you say that now...


What the frig is wrong with Dawn’s eyes? I swear, all I can think about when they mention her is this captain from one of the bleach episodes I've seen. I’ll post a picture.

Why, hello there. Pardon me, but I couldn't help but notice the gaping stab wound that appeared in your chest at the beginning of this sentence. I just wanted to tell you: don't worry about notifying your next of kin. You see, I've had a very busy day...

“I’d have more hope in a having a bullet of my own, sorry to say.”
...but, really, that entire line is awkward.


They’re picking themselves back up again,” I said as I watched Scotch Tape giving directions on the odd, long house they were building. I wanted to ask what it was for, but there was no way to approach her at the moment; the filly was in full manager mode.
Like how Rarity got her cutie mark when she saw her work presented on stage, Scotch is going to get her cutie mark when either this house, or this entire settlement, is completed.
Also? I’m going to say this is a bathroom. Just because it’s Scotch that’s doing this.
Not any kind of decent shelter from the rain, but indoor plumbing, because... gezz. Just because she’s Scotch.


Holy crud, I was right. On both counts. Hee...
Also, although it shouldn't be a source of joy, the dealer should now know that the ministry mares WERE going to resign soon, so... I dunno. Maybe he would have been right.
It wasn't too little, but it was too late.


And... done.
This was a very, very well-constructed chapter with a very good balance brevity and depth. Probably one of my favorite chapters so far. Maybe around the top eight or so, just to pull a number out of the air without actually enumerating the chapters I’ve loved.
You also did more in regards to humor this chapter than I think I’ve ever seen. Just a very lighthearted chapter with lots of feel-good vibes.

I’m clapping, Somber and company, you just can’t hear it. :)
Ah, thank you.
avatar
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Posts : 4843
Brohoof! : 382
Join date : 2012-05-09

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Kippershy wrote:...Dear god, I'm listening to this stream of drawfags and this guy with the most obnoxious dork voice ever (you know, the one you imagine when you imagine someone with spotty face, glasses, lanky... that blocked nose sounding voice? that.)

and he's listing off all the ponies he's made Rainbowdash fuck in his draw-ventures... and of course... "my OC..." [as in, his].


Dear god. The amount of names he's listing is just... eugh.
He's exactly what people imagine when they think of bronies, it seems.

That sounds hilariously bad. By the same token, I was really into the FoE audio project but the guy they got to voice RedEye has such a grating inappropriate nerdvoice I don't think I'll be listening or contributing. :(

Also, someone remind me: BJ still has that monitoring thing in her head wherein some unknown party is seeing what she sees, right?
avatar
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Posts : 1182
Brohoof! : 264
Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : Providence, RI

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vergil on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:26 pm

Random thought: "Trouble" with a capital T made me laugh every time I saw it. To this day that's what my Mom calls me.
avatar
Vergil
Mobius One

Posts : 666
Brohoof! : 76
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Vergil wrote:Random thought: "Trouble" with a capital T made me laugh every time I saw it. To this day that's what my Mom calls me.
It made me laugh, too. That's why I pointed it out XD

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:35 pm

@FoE audio I might contribute given I have a voice like Kevin Maynor if you raised the pitch very slightly and made it a tad rougher. Alas, no fucks I give about helping with anything right now, I has my own stuff. Too hectic.

New Topic: One theory I've come across (and adopted as my own) is that lesser alicorns like Cadence are born from very powerful unicorns.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Posts : 9017
Brohoof! : 290
Join date : 2012-08-18
Age : 22
Location : Cincinnati

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:38 pm

swicked wrote:
“Tell me there’s a secret cheat mode that kills my sense of pain?” I asked pathetically.
Blackjack hasn’t played a video game in her life; this statement is entirely incomprehensible.
There are no computers in MLP, and computers in Fallout were 80s future computers, being terminals that were strictly functional without any entertainment value. I just don’t agree with this.
While I see where you are going with this statement, cheating is consistent between almost all games, video or not. So it can make sense. Though, the use of a "cheat mode" is almost always used in video game context.
There is a text adventure you can play in FO3, however. I've read of it, though I've never played it.
avatar
Ketchup
The Condiment

Posts : 4897
Brohoof! : 114
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 19
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:42 pm

*doesn't process highlights*
avatar
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Posts : 4178
Brohoof! : 83
Join date : 2012-05-19
Age : 30
Location : Houston, TX

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by swicked on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:54 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
swicked wrote:
“Tell me there’s a secret cheat mode that kills my sense of pain?” I asked pathetically.
Blackjack hasn’t played a video game in her life; this statement is entirely incomprehensible.
There are no computers in MLP, and computers in Fallout were 80s future computers, being terminals that were strictly functional without any entertainment value. I just don’t agree with this.
While I see where you are going with this statement, cheating is consistent between almost all games, video or not. So it can make sense. Though, the use of a "cheat mode" is almost always used in video game context.
There is a text adventure you can play in FO3, however. I've read of it, though I've never played it.
Cheating at cards and reprogramming her brain to no longer recognize pain are two entirely different things and I can't imagine how she'd connect the two concepts naturally.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Posts : 6598
Brohoof! : 960
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ketchup on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:10 pm

swicked wrote:
Cheating at cards and reprogramming her brain to no longer recognize pain are two entirely different things and I can't imagine how she'd connect the two concepts naturally.
Way I see it, Blackjack would see programming as something that someone else seems to do easily, since she believes she isn't smart and knows little about programming. And, since I also believe she sees many things that she does as a sort of game, it makes sense to me.(Why else would she say "Ante Up" as a sort of battle catchphrase? Aside from the "ante" being life, anyway.)
I dunno, it seems like an admissible stretch to me.
avatar
Ketchup
The Condiment

Posts : 4897
Brohoof! : 114
Join date : 2012-05-09
Age : 19
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Video games are canon in ponyverse:



(with bonus sinisterbelle)

Indeed it's possible BJ ran across one in the stable or otherwise.
avatar
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Posts : 1182
Brohoof! : 264
Join date : 2012-07-11
Location : Providence, RI

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by FeatherDust on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:56 pm

ketchup504 wrote:It is implied the door at least opened, and whatever happened had a profound effect on Blackjack. Or it could be something else that happened there. We don't know exactly. But it matters.
Right, that's what I'm saying. We don't know that it was The Door that opened; it could have been a different test, or a different door (like the one to Twi's study). But I think it was The Door, which P21 subsequently picked shut the mundane way. The reason I said something in there freaked her out is that they are worried about not letting her see the orb until she's stable. If it was nothing more than a revelation that she's Twilight's descendant, I can't imagine it being that big of a blow to her. Their concern suggests there's something in there that has the potential to destroy Blackjack if she's not in the right state of mind when she sees it.

I think of it now that she homed on the source because the Goddess is very sensitive to enervation, so with the mutation in her brain, Blackjack put her knowledge of the pest-control rings with the Goddess' influence and sensitivity subconsciously to seek out the source. If that makes sense.
Can you elaborate on how that may mean that memory restrictions will collapse after the Goddess' death?
The implication of all the "How the crap did I know to do that?!" was that the knowledge is still in her brain somewhere but being walled off by the Goddess's will. There was some concern earlier that the Goddess had actually removed the memories (as with a memory spell, completely gone and unrecoverable), but that seems not to be the case.

Furthermore, it seemed to me that the closer she got to the ring, the more her buried memories were surfacing, at least on a subconscious level; she seemed more and more sure about what to do even though she couldn't consciously determine why she knew. And if that's the case, then it means the mental manipulations of the Goddess require a continual connection to sustain them, and if she dies, the restrictions (such as the one stopping BJ from telling anyone that she's hooked up to the Unity and the one that blocks her knowledge about Enervation fields) will fall away as well.
avatar
FeatherDust
Hydra

Posts : 546
Brohoof! : 112
Join date : 2012-05-25

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum