Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+35
Somber
hawkeye92
Tia
Necr0maNceR
nebulous
Randombuttons
Orm
Downloaded Skill
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
SilentCarto
tylertoon2
Kattlarv
Stringtheory
Ametros
Icy Shake
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Caoimhe
iLateralGX
Vergil
IncoherentOrange
Sindri
Valikdu
Ketchup
Cptadder
Ironmonger
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
39 posters

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Racist? Maybe not so, but certainly in poor taste considering the power of the word and the effect it has on people. I've only heard third hand what this Notch fellow may have said, but again, up until now that's all I've known of Minecraft.
And what effect is that, exactly? Because as far as I can tell, over the course of the last few decades the word 'nigger' has always had one of two effects: if said by someone caucasian and famous, it causes people to scream about them being racist. If said by anyone else it is ignored because it's just a word.

Ironmonger wrote:This is a line I like to use a lot because everyone I know seems to love it.
Okay, I'm probably missing context, but from the three seconds shown this appears to be an incredibly offensive and entirely incorrect stereotype. The word isn't what makes it bad and there are dozens it could be replaced by for the same effect, but everything about this is terrible.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:49 pm

It's from a show called Boondocks. Personally I don't watch it but I found that line by accident.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:50 pm

It's a word rooted in hate, designed to make black people feel like lesser human beings. It's inappropriate for anyone to use it.

'Nigga' is different, it's a brotherly expression among black people designed to lessen the power of the racial slur, but as someone not of that race in particular, I have no reason to use it. It doesn't make me feel uncomfortable when black people use it, but I know that's not my place since it's not my culture. It's just weird to hear white people say it amongst themselves and pretty uncouth and inappropriate.

Growing up in Ireland and then New England, my first exposure to the slur was through film and my parents told us youngins that that was never appropriate to use and it kinda set that way.

The long of the short: "nigger" is not "nigga." Remember when Nas wanted to name his untitled album "Nigger?" Same sorta, thing, the -er has much more power and meaning than the colloquial -a word.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Caoimhe wrote: pretty uncouth and inappropriate.
Tis why my friends and I refer to ourselves as "assholes". We have an absurd and rather offensive sense of humor (it gets really bad sometimes) but we try to be careful who we say things around given this is a city known for prejudice people of all types.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:57 pm

That's your sense of humour I guess, I personally find that kinda immature, but eh, to each his own.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm with Caoimhe on this, but I was in high school once, too, so I get it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Sindri wrote:
...Aaand yes, it was photoshopped and he never actually used that word. There is literally nothing here.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Img-nothing-to-see-here-174
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Ah, https://nallar.me/fics/ seems to be working again.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:41 pm

HUZZAH!
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:37 pm

Seriously, minecraft is a great game that encourages creativity and cooperation and it can be played forever.

I don't know the situation with notch or the "Creepy" people but if that is all you have heard of minecraft then I doubt you went into it with good expectations anyway. Try out the demo or hell just look up some videos of it. Tobuscus or the Yogscast or like literally any major gaming youtuber.

Anyway. Tomorrow me and Cpt. Adder along with anyone else wanting to help out are going to begin construction of the first city.

Currently the top names we are deciding between are Hoofington and Sombertropolis. Any suggestions?
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

After taking my Anthropology class, I've come to realize that Minecraft is just the history of human cultural evolution.
You start with nothing, then begin making basic tools. This moves on to making shelters, gathering more materials. Then you move on to domesticating livestock and growing food (agriculture), so you have a singular place to stay rather than roaming constantly (as a hunter-gatherer does).
Soon, you begin to develop a surplus of materials, and to put these extra materials to use, you begin monumental construction and glorification of your 'society'.

I thought of this today while learning the process of civilization for humans.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Still, it's $30 right now, right? I still need a computer to handle it, unless Mojang finally optimized the code. Last time I tried a "demo" during a lan party, it lagged terribly, even on single player.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Their all adorable! ;_;
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ironmonger on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:48 pm

DIBS ON WAMPAGE!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:49 pm

DIBS ON BLACKJACK.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:53 pm

DIBS ON LACUNAE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:55 pm

CamoBadger wrote:DIBS ON WAMPAGE!

Ironmonger wrote:DIBS ON BLACKJACK.

guarddogjr wrote:DIBS ON LACUNAE!
BUT THINK OF ALL THE ANGST YOU'LL HAVE TO DEAL WITH!
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Rampage is fine if BJ isn't nearby, I'll just make sure everything is happy and fun for her, and take her into bad neighborhoods for nightly playtime XD
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:00 am

May I join the minecraft server with you guys tomorrow?

And I suppose dibs on Scotch
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:04 am

"Blackjack open your present." *paper tearing*
Blackjack:*gasp*"You got me a 12 Gauge! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" XD

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:09 am

...this is all part of some kind of insurance fraud plot isn't it?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:10 am

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Mlfw835_Applejuke

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:12 am

I'll give you credit, it's ingenious. Giving filly BJ a 12ga is just asking for holes in your wall...and floor...and window...and ceiling...and bed...and tv...and neighbor's house...and passing police car...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:13 am

The neighbor's annoying-ass cat...the neighbor...

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:14 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Still, it's $30 right now, right? I still need a computer to handle it, unless Mojang finally optimized the code. Last time I tried a "demo" during a lan party, it lagged terribly, even on single player.
It's still 30$, it started at 5$
And lagged terribly? It's runs on netbooks with 1.5 ghtz cpus and 512 megs of memory.

Erumpet wrote:May I join the minecraft server with you guys tomorrow?

And I suppose dibs on Scotch
Come on down the server is open 24/7 now (Offer not valid on Monday/Wednesday)

@The adoption
I'll take Glory, she can help me around the Laboratory

*Edit
I just dawwd myself imaging tiny filly Glory in a tiny little labcoat and safety goggles. (Hint Hint Artists)
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:19 am

Oh dear god yes, that must happen!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:24 am

Cptadder wrote: (Hint Hint Artists)

OR ELSE. (dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuun!)

I just imagined taking filly Blackjack to a private shooting range in a pair of ballistic goggles and ear guards. Dawwww

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:41 am

Cptadder wrote:
*Edit
I just dawwd myself imaging tiny filly Glory in a tiny little labcoat and safety goggles. (Hint Hint Artists)
This needs to happen. *slowly turns head to look at Wave*
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:44 am

If someone were to make a tiny filly Glory in Goggles and teeny tiny lapcoat and then make it avatar sized for 100x100 and 200x200 then someone might find a gift in their paypal account.

Not new car sized gift, but definitely two or three pizzas big.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:13 am

Right, can start with it being a quite hectic RP meeting with my community. Up till now, a character with the most sentimental value to me is dead. Partially due to possibly lazy DM. Kinda messy stuff, but most was due to tossing us into a challange for 15 people with 5 people marked, 2 of which was vital for the survival. And lots of gibberish, but will have to see how it turns out. If not dead, I might rejoin the campaign. If still classed as dead... eh, dunno, will keep the character at least. Erf, in either case, will have to re-do the char as I had to erase it. And just a small update: Just checked some stuff, turns out the GM did a quite huge mistake, a couple in fact, and one was on my side, but that was due to me not reading my PSI power properly... due to GM refusing to let me check my power in the book as I should "have written it down" or "know it by hand", but eh... as said, now I at least got a proper, solid hook on them. Anyhow, also for no reason noticed there a LARGE patch of skin missing on one of my toes... it hurts and I don't know how it happened, it seems like it COULD be due to doing one of those "scratch" toe next to the large one, with the large one" (the "go above it and then down motion)

On a more PH related not, this just struck me: Didn't BJ get a memory orb out of Rampage? How is Rampage supposed to watch it?

@Kipper: ("Look") Looking quite neat, think it's been shown before though... in either case, I won't be able to help with shit really most likely heh. But yeah, I have seen that weeks ago :P

@Silent: (Catching up) I know that feel... xP

@EP: On a unrelated side note, I also got to know that apparently seems to be a general appeal for males when females wear male underwear, alternatively in combination with a oversized t-shirt.

@Rum: (coitus) It feels like I should know what this means... doesn't sound overly positive though.

@EP: (Minecraft) I've tried it, and it can be really fun, or a good timesink, but I don't have it so... eh.

(Songs) I've noticed that in general, people seem to miss/ignore a lot of messages, like, ALL the time, in about everywhere. Heck, I am only somewhat certain people even learn shit from my fictions, or if they simply treat it as "just fiction"... ah well.

(My previous post) ... *deadpans* okay, while I know we topic jump frequently, this is getting silly xD Though, I gotta say it is quite ... ironic I think the word is hehe.

("Racism") Eh, I only see it as "offensive" if someone says something in form of trying to slander. Heck, I like to use the term "dyke", and I rather like how it sounds, long as it's used in a "positive" manor... on a side note: I just want to besides Göran Persson make another "Silly Sweds" thing: In the Swedish academy textbook (think the latest ones are fixed) the word "Blatte" (not sure what it is in Eng, means the "child between black and white person") is stated as "a cross/mix between a nigger and a human". And it's 08:03, cut me some slack... man I am going to be bad later today..

(Repost of the "just take them") I was about to say something, but the comment that popped to my mind made me refrain ^=^'

.... hum, just now noticed one of my legs had apparently been placed badly for x hours, got no feeling... ah well, can prolly sleep it off, they do that at times if I recall.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next