Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+42
Stringtheory
iLateralGX
Mister Nikel
MLPOCG
Harmony Ltd.
Karasu
Tytan
The Holy Tuna
Ametros
Scootayay
FoolNeim
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
Somber
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
O. Hinds
hawkeye92
Meleagridis
Sindri
Katarn
Derpmind
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
nebulous
FeatherDust
Cptadder
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
RandomBlank
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Ironmonger
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
Kippershy
Caoimhe
46 posters

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:I'm totally getting my ass handed to me by deathclaws

Deathclaw used ass-grab. Admiral Stoic Rum fainted!

Also "Once you go Blackjack you never go back, Jack."

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 One_wat__by_haute_claire-d4sj4f1

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by iLateralGX Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Derpmind wrote:A piece of technology is not the person who uses it, but that said it's a stretch to appreciate even the mechanics of a gun from the fact that it's designed to kill people. Nazi tech is a touchy subject. Anyways, it's not much of a stretch of the imagination to think how the war might have been different if some of their crazy mad scientist projects had worked and gotten onto the battlefield, and their technological advances were enough to fear that they might create atomic bombs.

It's really hard to find what is real tech and fake tech when it comes to Nazi Germany since all the glorified stuff is most likely fake. (Looking at you Die Glocke) I was mainly referring to the stuff we know they had like the Sturmgewehr which was the first successful assault rifle. In fact, I think the term Assault Rifle was coined by none other than Adolf Hitler himself. (At least that's what my history teacher told me!)
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:33 pm

I still have no idea the context behind that coin.

I could see an interesting relation to a totalitarian regime. Red Eye's cult of personality was pretty close. I get really uncomfortable w/r/t Nazi stuff but the Wasteland is prime ground for someone to write similar allegories.

Honestly I'd like to see a story about a community purging magic and unicorns from society, thinking they're the root of all the problems. Sure it's not really a new concept but could be neat. My brother and I played text adventures back in the day and the last Zork game (even though it wasn't a text adventure) was about the land after magic was declared illegal. Pretty neat.

I realize it doesn't have to be FoE but KKat's universe is just RIPE for fun stuff to write about that doesn't have to be a Hero's Tale.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:39 pm

I suppose so, like perhaps a mayor's journal of the happenings within his town and the perils they face. No heroes, just ponies ecking out a meager existance in an inhospitable world. Outside of FoE, like, before the war? It's like Fallout's pre-war universe; quite different, and quite interesting.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Honestly I'd like to see a story about a community purging magic and unicorns from society, thinking they're the root of all the problems. Sure it's not really a new concept but could be neat. My brother and I played text adventures back in the day and the last Zork game (even though it wasn't a text adventure) was about the land after magic was declared illegal. Pretty neat.

I'm gonna appropriate that there tidbit for FOE:Armed Redemption. Rainbow Dash

Outside of FoE, like, before the war? It's like Fallout's pre-war universe; quite different, and quite interesting.

I'm not sure I understand. Outside of FOE?

Last edited by Ironmonger on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Damn, I broke author's rule 1: Never reveal anything. :(
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Damn, I broke author's rule 1: Never reveal anything. :(

HEATHEN Im kidding. Spike

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Heh, write what you want, I'll just make it BETTERRRRRRRRRR
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:49 pm

"if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Unless you're Charlie Sheen. When all you are is hammered, everything looks like it needs to be nailed.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:I'm totally getting my ass handed to me by deathclaws
Did you remember to take your pants off first?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:16 pm

iLateralGX wrote:I think the term Assault Rifle was coined by none other than Adolf Hitler himself. (At least that's what my history teacher told me!)

Hitler named it 'storm rifle', Sturmgewehr. 'Sturm' also means 'assault', as in Sturmgeschutz (assault gun). StG 44/MP44 was the first of its type. It seems that 'assault' and 'storm' are synonyms, as they sometimes are in English in certain contexts.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:24 pm

This fandom is going to be the death of my sanity. I was playing ponies at work today during downtime. My editor was not keen to my taunts of "KISS THE LYRA KISS THE LYRA SHE THINKS YOU'RE THE CUTTTTTTEEEESTTT!"
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Assimilation complete. Soon all the rest of you media types will fall to us, and we shall dominate the news. The end is neigh! (Excuse the pun.)
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Caoimhe wrote:This fandom is going to be the death of my sanity. I was playing ponies at work today during downtime. My editor was not keen to my taunts of "KISS THE LYRA KISS THE LYRA SHE THINKS YOU'RE THE CUTTTTTTEEEESTTT!"

DUBBYA TEE EFF? What do you mean playing ponies? Derpy Hooves

@Orange

BURN THE WITCH

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Caoimhe wrote:This fandom is going to be the death of my sanity. I was playing ponies at work today during downtime. My editor was not keen to my taunts of "KISS THE LYRA KISS THE LYRA SHE THINKS YOU'RE THE CUTTTTTTEEEESTTT!"
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!! (also BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!)

in all seriousness, who needs sanity anyway? ponies don't (all the ponies in this town are CRAZY!) Twilight crazy
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Ironmonger wrote:

DUBBYA TEE EFF? What do you mean playing ponies? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 908227573

I don't even know what's going on anymore. Not sure if confused or joining the crazy.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:44 pm

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT! DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR! Roid Rage

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Ironmonger wrote:

DUBBYA TEE EFF? What do you mean playing ponies? Derpy Hooves

I got some ponies as swag from Hasbro for my postponed article (did a phone interview with someone up there), see one of my posts from yesterday.

My editor just called me an idiot (like usual). I told him he should be thankful I came into work late and was forced to take on writing about ponies instead of being on time and possibly choosing to write about sex clubs.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:51 pm

Ironmonger wrote:IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT! DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR! Roid Rage
*thinks for a second about derailing thread into 40k quotes* eh, whatever,
I FEAR NO EVIL, FOR I AM FEAR INCARNATE!
MY SHIELD IS DISGUST, MY ARMOR IS CONTEMPT, MY SWORD IS HATERD, IN THE PRINCESS'S NAME LET NONE SURVIVE!
if we are going to derail this thread into 40k quotes let's at least make them ponified 40k quotes
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:17 pm

I recall one Space Marine chapter having the battle cry of "From the darkness, light!". Well FROM THE CHAOS, HARMONY!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:19 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 69e47fb02f4399ba1d444eb1f4a14f62_500
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:21 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 Thousand_fillies_trixie_by_mellowbloom-d46wsxy

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:26 pm

eh the problem was there were about 45 death claws packed into this bunker, 35% were alpha males another 35% were mothers the rest were a split between regular deathclaws and young death claws...

I figured it out tho.... that bunker is clean of death claws
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Through the befriending of our enemies do we earn our salvation!
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Blessed is the mind too small for intolerance.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 pm

this was pretty good
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 pm

I like where this topic is going. Unfortunately I don't like where I'm going...bed. Dammit.

Also fear denies friendship.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Friendship is power, guard it well. FOREEEEEEEEEEEEVER.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:

this was pretty good

SQUEE! This is amazing!
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Your mom's amazing
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next