Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+42
Stringtheory
iLateralGX
Mister Nikel
MLPOCG
Harmony Ltd.
Karasu
Tytan
The Holy Tuna
Ametros
Scootayay
FoolNeim
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
Somber
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
O. Hinds
hawkeye92
Meleagridis
Sindri
Katarn
Derpmind
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
nebulous
FeatherDust
Cptadder
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
RandomBlank
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Vergil
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Ironmonger
IncoherentOrange
Ketchup
Kippershy
Caoimhe
46 posters

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:54 pm

Tytan wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
Tytan wrote:But if they did that we'd all be like Blackjack and having moral dilemmas while they were carving our stomachs out to use as canteens.

I wouldn't. That's the beauty of nigh-indifference.

Probably because your an evil bastard. Spike

Correcticus my friend! Rainbow Dash

I sit all day in my mighty fortress of steel and iron, plotting ways to take over the stock market and and rule the world while my robotic pets do my bidding. Muahahaahaha

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
Tytan wrote:But if they did that we'd all be like Blackjack and having moral dilemmas while they were carving our stomachs out to use as canteens.

I wouldn't. That's the beauty of nigh-indifference.

Probably because your an evil bastard. Spike

Correcticus my friend! Rainbow Dash

I sit all day in my mighty fortress of steel and iron, plotting ways to take over the stock market and and rule the world while my robotic pets do my bidding. Muahahaahaha

You might want to consider replacing the iron parts of your fortress with stainless steel. Nothing brings down the resale of an impenetrable death fortress like rust.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:58 pm

I might wanna invest in some polymer finish for my ramparts and get the extended warranty on my artillery batteries as well. Just hope Best Buy doesn't be assy.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:59 pm

Yeah, and while you're at it, finish the basement.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:01 pm

IncoherentOrange wrote:Yeah, and while you're at it, finish the basement.

No can do, basement cat somehow managed to rig up a ton of tazer traps.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 20 Soitbegins

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Izumi and Rogue just kissed in the RP. And everyones going Rainbow and Big mac and also Yell
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Tytan wrote:Izumi and Rogue just kissed in the RP. And everyones going Rainbow and Big mac and also Yell

LOL what RP?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:38 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Tytan wrote:Izumi and Rogue just kissed in the RP. And everyones going Rainbow and Big mac and also Yell

LOL what RP?

FO:E RP Season 2: Electric Scootaloo
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Tytan wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:

LOL what RP?

FO:E RP Season 2: Electric Scootaloo

I might join in on that sometime

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:49 pm

I've tried to get into it, but my schedule seems fairly incompatible.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:56 pm

I'd join this role play if I could come up with a decent character, but I fear is be obnoxious as hell to everyone
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I'd join this role play if I could come up with a decent character, but I fear is be obnoxious as hell to everyone

Do it anyway! I'm sure they won't mind.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I'd join this role play if I could come up with a decent character, but I fear is be obnoxious as hell to everyone

Go for it, we won't mind. Really, we won't. Hell, it'll probably fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:17 pm

Cool, now I just need to develop a pony version of myself. :O
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Erumpet wrote:@Tytan: Africa doesn't have a swordy culture. The native American culture isn't swordy either. Nor is Australia's culture swordy. South America isn't swordy very much at all. Oh and Antarctica. No swords there.

Edit: central America isn't swordy either
There are several places without the tech for metalworking that still have a swordly culture using wooden hafts lined with rows of obsidian (many parts of south america) or shark's teeth (mostly islanders) to make a sort of saw-ish blade.

Kippershy wrote:Fallout has never given a friendly backstory to the Enclave, ever.
You never really hear of the OTHER side of the Enclave.
The Enclave had a clear goal, which was noble from a certain perspective. They wanted to return things to how they were before the war, without the ruins and the mutants and the raiders getting in the way of the peaceful lives of good, honest people. Unfortunately, if they couldn't go somewhere else to rebuild, they needed to remove those undesirable elements from the current planet. This would have to involve involve cleaning up the environment, hunting the monsters to extinction... and removing any humans who got in their way. And since the only way to remove the mutations from the gene pool is to prevent anyone without pure human genetics from reproducing, their plan pretty much required the extermination of everyone who hadn't grown up in a Vault or the Enclave, because everywere on the surface is so full of Taint FEV and radiation that the average waster isn't quite human anymore.

If they'd been successful at any point in wiping the board clean, the new civilization they built up out of the remaining pure humans would laud them as heroes. But in the meanwhile we've always been playing from the perspective of one of those wasteland dwellers, trying to build something new out of the warped remains of the old world instead of clinging to those memories and trying to make everything the way it used to be.

The Enclave wanted to undo the apocalypse, and was willing to pay any price to do that. The heroes of the piece want to move forward and build a new world, and all the people they care about are products of that apocalypse, so the Enclave is placed in the villain's role.

Ironmonger wrote:I gave the BoS light infantry with gas masks as standard.
Initiates and scouts get recon armor and small lasers. Knights and above, the majority of their forces, are all powered, start with laser rifles and go up through heavy weapons. Part of what defines the BoS in combat is that they don't really have rank and file troops; they just don't have the numbers for it. But each and every knight is a highly trained elite combatant with the best equipment in the Wastes... until the Enclave comes out with higher tech stuff and a numerical advantage because they've been hiding in their lairs and developing new weapons instead of fighting monsters and scouring the wastes.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:02 pm

In my defence, I didn't expect that, since they both were ready to kill each other....damn randomises of PH RP...
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:14 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Thanks for the input captain. It has religious significance and it is my family colors. It's also a metaphor for "From the darkness, light!"
Motto of the German Anti-Air
"Wir bringen Licht und Wirme ins Cockpit!"
("We bring light and warmth into the cockpit!")

Sindri wrote:
That's pretty awesome. Any idea what the carrying capacity and max movement rates are like?
Seven hundred pounds at five miles an hour for one room length. They are working on getting it stable and mobile across twenty miles with a two hundred pound weight at the moment and they are about halfway there (A hundred pounds of ten miles) with the eventual goal of forty miles at six miles an hour with five hundred pounds of equipment.

Ironmonger wrote:

When I see you guys go into a debate I automatically think "Now...FIGHT!" XD
Fight fight fight! Kiss Kiss Kiss!

IncoherentOrange wrote:Yeah, the villains in the Fallout series are pretty terrible. Mr. House is the best 'villain'--if you can call him that--I've seen. Maybe it's because he's not completely evil.
Mr House is nice and amoral and even better he's competent. He's not really a villian per say but a relic of the old world which wants to maintain his old world in this new hell scape in some tiny way. It's a pity the only choice is to murder him or leave him in charge. I wanted him as my private think tank.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Katarn wrote:
In my defence, I didn't expect that, since they both were ready to kill each other....damn randomises of PH RP...

Major was fully expecting the not-an-alicorn to start blasting away the country side with horrible alicorn magics.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Only she don't have that magic -.-
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Katarn wrote:Only she don't have that magic -.-

Wot. (Majors going to have to learn that at some point.)(Also if that's true that lends some credence to the 'Horny Pegasus' theory.)
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:36 pm

I think I'll answer your questions in RP thread, so we won't bother folks here.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:41 pm

The enclave has vertibirds, so they're automatically awesome in my book.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Vergil wrote:The enclave has vertibirds, so they're automatically awesome in my book.

And that's why I love this forum. We can look past blatant evil and say something like, "The nazis had the Maus tank, so they're automatically awesome in my book."

... That may have been paraphrased.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:54 pm

I...err...uhhh...

....nope, still love vertibirds.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:18 pm

I'd like to see a FOE story reference Nazi Germany somewhere.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I'd like to see a FOE story reference Nazi Germany somewhere.

Not sure if joking.
Gilda
Or serious.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Tytan wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I'd like to see a FOE story reference Nazi Germany somewhere.

Not sure if joking.
Gilda
Or serious.

I'm serious. Scientists during that time made some interesting stuff and they had an overhauled an economy from what I heard. I aint a nazi sympathizer just FYI, I just like their neat stuff.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Tytan wrote:
Vergil wrote:The enclave has vertibirds, so they're automatically awesome in my book.

And that's why I love this forum. We can look past blatant evil and say something like, "The nazis had the Maus tank, so they're automatically awesome in my book."

... That may have been paraphrased.

The Nazis were awesome in respect to the technology they developed. Just those other things they did were kinda bad.

Sort of like the Enclave.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:09 pm

I'm totally getting my ass handed to me by deathclaws
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:15 pm

A piece of technology is not the person who uses it, but that said it's a stretch to appreciate even the mechanics of a gun from the fact that it's designed to kill people. Nazi tech is a touchy subject. Anyways, it's not much of a stretch of the imagination to think how the war might have been different if some of their crazy mad scientist projects had worked and gotten onto the battlefield, and their technological advances were enough to fear that they might create atomic bombs.

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:I'm totally getting my ass handed to me by deathclaws
Drink more rum, and get a bigger gun.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next