Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:12 pm

Cptadder wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
just pirate windows that's what I did, because a copy of windows is f***ing expensive and I didn't have the money
Sign up for a college course, go to their bookstore and buy a copy of windows and windows office for 20$ total, withdraw from the class. Congratulations you bought a new version of windows and office for 20$
I don't think that my college sells Windows in the bookstore.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 382

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:22 pm

its going to be a gurran laagan type ending... bj just vanishes into the annals of history. probably runs across a kid who insults her and the last thing she says is "Just who the hell..." but that would be obvious
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Cptadder wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
just pirate windows that's what I did, because a copy of windows is f***ing expensive and I didn't have the money
Sign up for a college course, go to their bookstore and buy a copy of windows and windows office for 20$ total, withdraw from the class. Congratulations you bought a new version of windows and office for 20$

You sir are a genius.
Now I feel bad for having this disk with Windows 7 Ultimate that I might have pirated...

Downloaded Skill wrote:Wow with all this talk of aircraft and
computer parts it feels like I joined just to lurk again. No amount of
Google fu will allow me to contribute to those discussions.

Aircraft I can understand. Computers aren't that hard though. I suggest using Youtube instead of Google if you want to learn a bit about them. Sometimes it is better to see than to read. (Depending on the person I guess.)
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:its going to be a gurran laagan type ending... bj just vanishes into the annals of history. probably runs across a kid who insults her and the last thing she says is "Just who the hell..." but that would be obvious

I had just seen the trailer to that on netflix when hanging out with my group of friends called The Nerd Herd yesterday, there just happens to be bronies in the group thanks to me, you mention that anime on here, holy blueberry fuck. Dash clapping

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ironmonger

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:45 pm

its not like the bronies have one set of interests. look at swicked, Nuclear Engineering if I am not mistaken... or hes a janitor, but I'm sure he does more htan push a broom

I would not dare to assume we all share the exact same interests, but I do love to share the other things I am passionate about with the rest of my friends.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Not what I'm saying. Gurren laggan was a rather vague thing to me (but I don't watch anime much) so I'm sitting here thinking "What are the odds?" Spike

Last edited by Ironmonger on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:its not like the bronies have one set of interests. look at swicked, Nuclear Engineering if I am not mistaken... or hes a janitor, but I'm sure he does more htan push a broom
o_o

Or something, certainly.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:49 pm

@Swicked

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:50 pm

swicked wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:its not like the bronies have one set of interests. look at swicked, Nuclear Engineering if I am not mistaken... or hes a janitor, but I'm sure he does more htan push a broom
o_o

Or something, certainly.

I'll admit I got one hell of a laugh out of this.
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:53 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Ah, thank you.

"Every bit the" is, as far as I know, a valid and relatively common phrase, so it appears that there's a dialect difference here.

"My whole head felt like it’d been ripped open too."
This was, if I remember correctly, one of those sentences the wording of which we argued about, and I think that it might be better if I don't alter it now.

On "every bit": you're probably right on the dialect difference; I'm more familiar with the "was every bit the [noun]" or "every bit as [adjective]" constructions.

And I can certainly see how the latter case would be one leading to contention.
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:its not like the bronies have one set of interests.
That's one of the great things about this fandom. You go on a pony forum and start discussing nuclear engineering or railgun design or art or teaching or journalism or martial arts or drugs or anime or literature and not only are there people here interested in all those things, but everybody learns more about the world and often develops new interests because hey, if this guy has good enough taste to be reading Project Horizons, a book he recommends is something I want to read.

swicked wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:look at swicked, Nuclear Engineering if I am not mistaken... or hes a janitor, but I'm sure he does more htan push a broom
o_o

Or something, certainly.
Spike

On an unrelated note, I got busier for a couple days and when I came back there were six more pages here. Did anything happen that I need to dig through them for?
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:08 pm

It is much too late for me to be laughing this much...

Also, I thought swicked did something with computer science... nuclear engineering sounds right too though.
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:11 pm

good one swicked
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Swicked 101 time! Twilight Sparkle
Computer and Electrical Engineer! Studying for a Masters in Information Security!
Currently working as a system engineer at a nuclear power plant. Nuclear and electrical worker training ftw! :D
In charge of various systems, including security! Second highest clearance (cannot get into the armory, so sad), taken multiple psych tests, passed them all! Dancing PinkiePie
Additional interests include poetry, philosophy, humor, storytelling, symbology, grimdark, religion and, of course, ponies. Married, have baby, will travel.

Happy, happy times Dash clapping

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:25 pm

swicked wrote:Swicked 101 time! Twilight Sparkle
Computer and Electrical Engineer! Studying for a Masters in Information Security!
Currently working as a system engineer at a nuclear power plant. Nuclear and electrical worker training ftw! :D
In charge of various systems, including security! Second highest clearance (cannot get into the armory, so sad), taken multiple psych tests, passed them all! Dancing PinkiePie
Additional interests include poetry, philosophy, humor, storytelling, symbology, grimdark, religion and, of course, ponies. Married, have baby, will travel.

Your power plant has an armory?
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:31 pm

i'm reading this :http://www.fimfiction.net/story/3513/3

the dynamic between mac and twi is pretty funny similar to tracy and myself, altough i may just be seeing what i want to see...

debate into debate into debate...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:34 pm

O. Hinds wrote:

it does contain fissile materials and it is possible is it not to set the reactor to cause severe damage to the surrounding areas, so should something happen which requires the use of force, then yes an armory would be necessary to facilitate the plant's security forces needs in the event of a major incursion or riot. odds are it has mainly shotguns smgs things for working in close quarters and narrow confines along with the protective equipment such as anti ballistics and riot gear... I doubt there is a large amount of armaments hell it could be just two hunting rifles in a safe...lol

Last edited by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:35 pm

O. Hinds wrote:

It's a nuclear plant!
We have lots and lots of guns. Sniper positions everywhere, multiple from any angle. Heck, we even considered automated turrets at one point.
Multiple surrounding fences of various makes and degrees including maximum delay fencing (think a fence made out of razor wire, with a box of razor wire around that, and then add more razor wire), sally port lifts and concrete barriers, normal and thermal cameras everywhere with motion capture. Multiple security stations.
Microwave zones and other forms of intrusion protection :)
Bulletproof glass, barriers and fallback positions everywhere. Security even has plenty of backup batteries and generators.
Iris scans to get into the plant. Explosive detectors, metal detectors, radiation detectors... it's a lot to take care of.

Oh, and a license to kill!

...no, really. We'll shoot you if you try and break in here.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:36 pm

In charge of various systems, including security! Second highest clearance (cannot get into the armory, so sad), taken multiple psych tests, passed them all!
Those are certainly achievements to be proud of. I'll probably end up emptying dumpsters for a living, despite what my teachers and family have said regarding my 'potential'. That is, if we don't all die in some cataclysmic event before it matters.
Edit:
The reason there are such tight security measures at nuclear facilities is because radioactive material is excessively dangerous in the wrong hands. Dirty bombs, straight up nuclear weapons, or other devastating weapons that could be used on major population centers by terrorists. Which is utterly unacceptable.

Last edited by ketchup504 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:38 pm

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

It's a nuclear plant!
We have lots and lots of guns. Sniper positions everywhere, multiple from any angle. Heck, we even considered automated turrets at one point.
Multiple surrounding fences of various makes and degrees including maximum delay fencing (think a fence made out of razor wire, with a box of razor wire around that, and then add more razor wire), sally port lifts and concrete barriers, normal and thermal cameras everywhere with motion capture. Multiple security stations.
Bulletproof glass, barriers and fallback positions everywhere. Security even has plenty of backup batteries and generators.
Iris scans to get into the plant. Explosive detectors, metal detectors, radiation detectors... it's a lot to take care of.

thi plant was built in the 70s was it not?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:odds are it has mainly shotguns smgs things for working in close quarters and narrow confines.
"Close quarters" nothing.
The NRC has your butt if you let the bad guys actually get into the plant.
We snipe them off from a far away as possible.

We even have countermeasures for RPGs.

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:thi plant was built in the 70s was it not?
The age of the design of the plant does not equal the age of the design of the security system; we update very regularly to deal with new threats. Build new positions, reinforce others, update weaponry and etc.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:43 pm

I was told thirdhand that the national treasury(Or whatever it is called) in Ottawa has a similar setup. Visible guards with C8s and cameras everywhere.

Last edited by ketchup504 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:44 pm

swicked wrote:It's a nuclear plant!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:45 pm

Anyone up for TF2? We need 2 more people for MVM.

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:46 pm

...haha...what else is the armory for than keeping lots of stuff in? i mean yeah snipers but are ya'll equipped to take out an incursion by professional soldiers in the event of a war? naturally should the occasion pass by, the military and government would immediately move to ramp up your shit anyway... NRC... not a clue what that is short for

and on age of the plant I just wanted to know when the plant was built I know the security systems would be updated with every new toy that came out in the past 30 years....

if you're gonna use turret, make sure they are those centrifugal turrets! those things are cool
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 pm

swicked wrote:
We even have countermeasures for RPGs.
Active or Passive?
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 pm

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

It's a nuclear plant!

Wow. I had no idea that things were that extensive.
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 pm

RoboRed wrote:Anyone up for TF2? We need 2 more people for MVM.

I'm in.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:48 pm

What's your steam name again?

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:48 pm

[UA] Blackjack™

Ironmonger