Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+37
Derpmind
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
Downloaded Skill
Kattlarv
nebulous
Vergil
Nightfire
Rafafidi
Somber
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Ametros
Valikdu
Katarn
RandomBlank
Meleagridis
iLateralGX
Icy Shake
WavemasterRyx
Sindri
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Theta
Ketchup
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
OneMoreDaySK
Aonee
IncoherentOrange
Caoimhe
RoboRed
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
41 posters

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:47 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Ahh the painful feel of paying one's rent which consumes amost a third of your monthly income.... then again it could be worse! it could be over half!

Mine is over half.

475 rent alone.
920 (or so) is my usual paycheck.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:35 pm

In pounds that is like 800 american
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:53 pm

I don't have a direct personal connection to the military, but my grandfather served with the Army Signal Corps in the Philippines during WWII, a cousin has served a few tours in the Army, and my former boss was a colonel in the Army Corps of Engineers.
I also did some work for a defense contractor on a project that, my team was assured (by our faculty advisor, not the contractor's representatives), had no military application whatsoever.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:22 pm

Uncle that's army, father and I are DoD. That's all I can say.
Or else! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 761398768
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:27 pm

Well..if we mention parents. Father served as communication tech, Sargent in USSR army...he also worked for KGB (though if translated to English GSB (Government Security Bureau) would be correct). So yeah. Whatever Applejack
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:29 pm

@Mele: Hard ass right wing? xP

@EP: Have to say, I kinda found the day to kinda be a bit to hazy to be able to keep up with discussions, but I got the overall things going on.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:51 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:In pounds that is like 800 american

475 GBP = 750 USD (753)
920 GBP = 1460 USD (1459)

For the Americans out there who're interested in what I pay for a tiny studio flat... that's what I pay.
What makes it worth while is the fact it's 20 minutes walk from work, 15 minutes walk from the other supermarket, allows me to live completely alone (and thus do what/when I like/how I like) and gives me maximum independence.

Bills aren't included, that's purely rent.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Mele: Hard ass right wing? xP
Sounds like a Pegasus or Griffin Ponysutra position Spike

Kippershy wrote:
For the Americans out there who're interested in what I pay for a tiny studio flat... that's what I pay.
What makes it worth while is the fact it's 20 minutes walk from work, 15 minutes walk from the other supermarket, allows me to live completely alone (and thus do what/when I like/how I like) and gives me maximum independence.
Walking, what is this thing? My job is a forty minute drive away from where I work. The nearest rental property from my job is seven miles away as the crow flies.
We spread everything around the suburbs are infamous for having nothing but miles and miles of housing with the jobs elsewhere. Since the 50s we built everything directly outside the major cities with cars in mind.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:49 pm

For those of you interested in the voice acting... I'll be PM'ing Admiral about this, Katarn knows about it, but still need confirmation from Cao so yeah, being put here in spoilers.

This is -every- line of text that is going to make it through into the game from my companions. It was meant to be shorter, but due to issues that made, it's been expanded.

Lines aren't strict -- change them up as you feel fit, no, really. I want some kind've variance in what's said ideally otherwise it's just too... samey, even with different voices.
So feel free to make it your own.

Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:15 pm

For anyone who's ever enjoyed a cybercrime/punk/espionage/what-have-you novel, or anyone who's concerned about repressive governments, check out this article. I wonder about computer monitoring and suchlike in the world of FOE - Pinkie's clearly on the bleeding edge of surveillance tech.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:40 pm

[shameless promotion]
Visit the nexus page for my Fallout New vegas mod here!
At least have a look at the 10 pictures I uploaded, they're good stuff.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:57 pm

A prolific Dwarf Fortress LP that is hilarious at many points.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:04 pm

Hello folks. Well, I got my new apartment and got through the first week of classes. I'm at 20p on ch 50. Hopefully I can get some good writing done this weekend. You've all waited long enough, dang it.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:15 pm

Awesome. How're you enjoying the job so far?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:17 pm

Somber wrote:Hello folks. Well, I got my new apartment and got through the first week of classes. I'm at 20p on ch 50. Hopefully I can get some good writing done this weekend. You've all waited long enough, dang it.

*hugs* How are you enjoying it? Teaching, I mean.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:38 pm

Somber wrote:Hello folks. Well, I got my new apartment and got through the first week of classes. I'm at 20p on ch 50. Hopefully I can get some good writing done this weekend. You've all waited long enough, dang it.

How're ya hold'in up with the students? They driving you up the wall yet? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 3670107347
Again Somber, we can wait. The only thing that's gonna drastically change is the direction the discussion is going.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:48 pm

Yay Somber, yay teaching, yay progress. Yay. Fluttershy

Kipper: I couldn't get time in the studio today to record anything. I'm quite sorry. :(

Edit: I've noticed that Somber has recently posted big updates when there's a full moon. I think we've discovered the release schedule. Luna be praised!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:21 pm

Fluttershy Hooray! How's the teaching going?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:22 pm

Woo!

Definitely looking forward to the next chapter. Don't rush it or worry about time between updates too much though; I know how much time teaching takes away from you and I'm pretty sure we'd all prefer to wait a month or more between updates instead of a breakneck update pace and a half-dead Somber.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:24 pm

Somber wrote:Hello folks. Well, I got my new apartment and got through the first week of classes.
Did you hug your internet when you got it back? I know I did.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:42 pm

OH GOD!

Hows everypony doing?!

Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:59 pm

Take your time and I hope everything is going well. Thanks for the update.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:21 pm

Yay! So, teaching again is going well for you?

Hopefully I'll be able to get enough brushing done next weekend, or whenever you have it ready...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:23 pm

It pleases me that you haven't been disrupted too greatly. Happy writing and teaching, you hear?

Has anyone else noticed the abundance of OC unicorns in this fandom when compared to everything else, even pegasi? OC earth ponies are very rare in character lists. Even my own character list has five (seven with background characters) unicorns, two earth ponies, and two pegasi. (And one human, but that doesn't count.) Besides the obvious power advantage unicorns have in their magic, and the flexibility of said magic in giving the character abilities (especially 'elemental' ones like fire), why so few EPs? Pegasi are numerous as well, but not nearly as much as unicorns.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:28 pm

Congrats Somber! So, how are you liking teaching so far? Also take as much time as you need for chapter. Thanks for the update though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:58 pm

Earth ponies have no powers so they are uncool to a lot of people. Pegasuseseseses are cooler but they can't do magic.

Of course there's a lot of greedy mofos that want the best of both worlds but...
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Z7N0p

Anyway, question to the editors: Does being an editor affect your enjoyment of PH at all? I would think actively taking a part in helping bring Somber's story come to life might have a number of drawbacks. I haven't done any fan fiction but spending time editing my owns works makes me (at times) never want to read anything I write on my own ever again except after long periods of time. There's also the fact that you see the story progress before anyone else so there's a certain element of surprise lost, not to mention you can't jump to forums to gush about it to other fans! :P

Annnd... I just stumbled across this Fluts vid, which is awesome (as is Cut Chemist with that sweet nu-bossa sound).

Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:06 pm

swicked wrote:Forget that noise, where are all the zebra honeys? That's what I want to know! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Zebra10

I totally agree; zebras are awesome. I must construct additional zebras to rectify this issue. But not a single alicorn will be given. It's one of my personal rules of writing, which are: No shipping, no alicorns, no stupid plots, no second-person perspectives, and +50% bad luck for humans, and +100% bad luck for characters based on myself.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:20 pm

I just like 'em because Zecora is such a great character that really needs to appear more.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:21 pm

Zeebs seem to be very no bullshit creatures in ponyverse. No magic, no gimmicks, just quiet masters of ingenuity and application. They'd probably be the ruling class or would enslave Earth ponies without the princesses, unicorns or pegasi.

Agreed with Zecora as well. I think her rhyming gimmick is a very important part of her character. To rhyme coherently you need to think hard about what you're trying to say and it shows her intelligence and patience.

Last edited by Caoimhe on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:23 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 19 Egxxe

Sharing is caring
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next