Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+37
Derpmind
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
Downloaded Skill
Kattlarv
nebulous
Vergil
Nightfire
Rafafidi
Somber
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Ametros
Valikdu
Katarn
RandomBlank
Meleagridis
iLateralGX
Icy Shake
WavemasterRyx
Sindri
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Theta
Ketchup
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
OneMoreDaySK
Aonee
IncoherentOrange
Caoimhe
RoboRed
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
41 posters

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Caoimhe wrote:No sliver for "inserting oneself as fantasy being of virtue?" I'm surprised.

Hooray my evidence of too much free time has increased as I'm a unicorn now. Bitches, I'm horny!
All my "wat".
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:28 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:How's everyone doing today?
I've come down with a cold, but things have besides that been going well for me.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Caoimhe wrote:No sliver for "inserting oneself as fantasy being of virtue?" I'm surprised.

There's the rest of it. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 1072848288
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:00 pm

My life is lackluster, a task that I've been putting off for four weeks now has turned around and bit me in the arse and hard. My dog nearly broke my leg this morning by literally pulling me head over heels down a hill just so she could get a squirrel... that was already up a tree... Go figure her doggie brain saw a squirrel ten feet up the tree and thought "you know I can totally catch that".

On the plus side.... yeah nothing but we always have good old fashion denial.
Also lots of yelling and hoping that six hours spend with the VA tomorrow with fix that. I'll need them to explain exactly why I both owe them a few thousand, several thousand and they owe me four hundred and they informed me of this by letter all on the same day. As in last week they sent me three letters on the same day on the same account on detailing the fact I both owed and was owed different amounts of money. The VA can confuse itself on a good day but I've never gotten three incorrect statement letters before.

For those who never been in the Veterans Administration, those of us owed benefits can expect a six month delay for "expedited" cases and every year or so the VA system will randomly get it into it's head that the accounts are wrong and roll a D20 and consult the table of punishment for ten lucky VA recipients. In my area it's so common that the Columbus office contractors mess things up that there is a separate phone line specifically for people calling in who owe or are owed money as it's nearly always wrong as VA allotments are set once and only changed with inflation. If your 25% you get 25% adjusted for inflation, if you using your GI Bill you get X dollars in an account and it's nearly impossible for you to receive the incorrect amount of money because those amounts will literally never change as long as you live except for inflation. And yet somehow... somehow the system locks people out of accounts because they somehow got payed to much or to little.

Yes your account can be locked if they short change you money.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Sore as hell and working on my second fanfic. Big mac

Hint: It involves zombies and humanization.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Rainbowdashshades1_display

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:53 pm

swicked wrote:
Anyway, I asked Somber if she could give this "Majina" some lines and personality, to which she replied, and I quote, "Absolutely!"
Roid Rage

Just asking. It's so simple.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Ah, bureaucracy. Applebloom

Sorry to hear about that, and hope things work out...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:07 pm

swicked wrote:“Once upon in my homeland there was a nice, rich but very silly zebra. He needed shoes and, instead of buying an extravagant pair of shoes, he decided to be charitable and buy them from a poorer merchant but pay as if they were ones from the most luxurious of shops.”

All my love!
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 3796487374
I always remembered Majina fondly, but this... this makes me proud of her!
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Random Question: Anyone see any good games on Greenlight? Or for the matter, how to access Greenlight anymore?

I was doing, alright. Then all of a sudden, BAM. I get gifted Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition on Steam by the great and humble Admiral Stoic Rum. (Because I am apparently the only one here who did not own it.)
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:37 pm

iLateralGX wrote:

Random Question: Anyone see any good games on Greenlight? Or for the matter, how to access Greenlight anymore?

I was doing, alright. Then all of a sudden, BAM. I get gifted Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition on Steam by the great and humble Admiral Stoic Rum. (Because I am apparently the only one here who did not own it.)

How nice of Admiral. If you're interested I can recommend a whole slew of mods to enhance your New Vegas experience.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:37 pm

I want some of those recs too since I'm playing for the first time.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I want some of those recs too since I'm playing for the first time.
Project Nevada was one I enjoyed greatly; it's pretty modular itself, if you want to change stuff, and it adds a lot of handy gameplay and realism stuff. Some of the modded-in models aren't the greatest, but honestly it's worth it for the "No helmet on the enemy? No damage reduction for them on a headshot!" part.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Cptadder wrote:

My life is lackluster, a task that I've been putting off for four weeks now has turned around and bit me in the arse and hard. My dog nearly broke my leg this morning by literally pulling me head over heels down a hill just so she could get a squirrel... that was already up a tree... Go figure her doggie brain saw a squirrel ten feet up the tree and thought "you know I can totally catch that".

On the plus side.... yeah nothing but we always have good old fashion denial.
Also lots of yelling and hoping that six hours spend with the VA tomorrow with fix that. I'll need them to explain exactly why I both owe them a few thousand, several thousand and they owe me four hundred and they informed me of this by letter all on the same day. As in last week they sent me three letters on the same day on the same account on detailing the fact I both owed and was owed different amounts of money. The VA can confuse itself on a good day but I've never gotten three incorrect statement letters before.

For those who never been in the Veterans Administration, those of us owed benefits can expect a six month delay for "expedited" cases and every year or so the VA system will randomly get it into it's head that the accounts are wrong and roll a D20 and consult the table of punishment for ten lucky VA recipients. In my area it's so common that the Columbus office contractors mess things up that there is a separate phone line specifically for people calling in who owe or are owed money as it's nearly always wrong as VA allotments are set once and only changed with inflation. If your 25% you get 25% adjusted for inflation, if you using your GI Bill you get X dollars in an account and it's nearly impossible for you to receive the incorrect amount of money because those amounts will literally never change as long as you live except for inflation. And yet somehow... somehow the system locks people out of accounts because they somehow got payed to much or to little.

Yes your account can be locked if they short change you money.
...Who designed that wreck of a "system"? This being military-related, is it possible for them to actually get shot over it?

I hope that things improve for you soon.

swicked wrote:So, I was looking at mistermech's drawing of Sekashi, as I often do when I need a pepper-upper, when I noticed this zebra foal standing next to her. How long has she been there? Were you all aware of this?

Anyway, I asked Somber if she could give this "Majina" some lines and personality, to which she replied, and I quote, "Absolutely!"

With that in mind, since I was bored and feeling a little creative, I wrote a short scene of how I think and hope Majina will be. I suppose this could also be a random writing challenge, like the rainbow dash one, if anyone wants:

Spoiler:
:)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:45 pm

I'll take some of those mod recs as well.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:48 pm

That short swicked was actually really cool. and so Aesop!

there is a second story here you have within your sroy. Although you may know one way of things, there are other ways of telling it, i think. the whole how new stories are made is important, but I feel that keeping blackjack from correcting the Filly is more important.

you're really good at this and I forget if you have any stories of your own.

oh umm lateral if you're going to mod i recommend watching these mod tutorials..

there is a play list and 9 other videos to the series, they are awesome

these are your basics and you can really go from there but you absolutely must get NVSE and DarnifiedUI for your modding experience; those are two very important mods i am sure anypony here could stand by me in saying so.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:51 pm

@ O.Hinds No, unfortunately they can't get shot. It's an incredibly broken system that basically works by going off of whatever the computer says. For example, I use my dad's GI bill for school. Last semester I had to drop a class and ended up owing them about $375. Then after I payed it back, I just so happened to get a name change which caused their computers to say they owed me the money I just payed them so they sent a check with said amount. So, basically I got the money back I owed them because a computer said so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:04 pm

yeah its about like that

I've got 10% myself, although I should have applied for higher because its going to get worse as i get older. ahem, anyway... personally I cannot say i;'ve had trouble with va benefits, even if I don't really exercise them.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:20 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I want some of those recs too since I'm playing for the first time.

Spoiler because its a long post

Spoiler:

Also Caoimhe, if I may ask, I heard a while ago that someone was writing an article about Bronies for their newspaper. Was that you? If so, is there a way I can read it if it has come out?

*Edit*

For those of you looking for mods I realized I missed a few. They are added at the bottom.

*Edit* #2

I realized I left out an important tool and note. These have been added at the bottom.

Last edited by Downloaded Skill on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:31 pm

Downloaded Skill wrote:

Spoiler because its a long post

Spoiler:

Also Caoimhe, if I may ask, I heard a while ago that someone was writing an article about Bronies for their newspaper. Was that you? If so, is there a way I can read it if it has come out?

DS he did get the Ultimate edition, it has all of the DLC as part of its content

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/OV2Mf7gw/Bathtub_Lament.html?

I cal it the bathtub Lament
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:56 pm

and i did what I dun set out to do.

Not my strong suit, but its not my birthday suit either...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:59 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
...Who designed that wreck of a "system"? This being military-related, is it possible for them to actually get shot over it?

Designed.... Designed? What gave you any idea it was designed?

The VA healthcare system was called as you call the old ones from deep within the earth. When certain tomes of eldritch lore are opened, dread words spoken and dark powers invoked... you do not design such a thing... you merely call it's attention to our tiny fragile corner of reality. The VA system was created in a time before computers, a time before filing systems... a time before the written word. It's a system that's been fixed, and prodded and twisted into shape over twenty thousand of history.

More recently however it's gone through two aborted overhalls when they tried to covert from one paper system to a computer system in the 90s then gave up because the budget they assigned was just enough to transport the two thousand metric tons of paperwork to computer records and no money was left to maintain the system or transcribe the records so they cancelled the whole thing but not before making all records use the new system. Now they did a second switch over in 2005 when we finally upgraded to Windows XP (Four years after release)and again made all the new people's records in the new system while there was an old system and an even older system.

And then they let the old system's company go so the only people who knew how to run the old system left for other jobs, so when it broke shit got real. So we had the paper only people, the 90s computer people and the 2005 all shiny and modern system. Except the machines maintain the database were still Windows NT computers despite 2000 being widely available and then we started getting ten times the number of veterans the system was designed to handle because apparently we had used the 1994 numbers in the 2005 system which assumed that the Department of Veterans affairs only need X amount of dollars because there were never going to be more than Y number of veterans!. I repeat the VA system was not designed to handle the amount of new medical care requiring veterans that a WAR might bring let alone two wars for twice as long as any military conflict to date in military history.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:15 am

Cptadder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:

Designed.... Designed? What gave you any idea it was designed?

The VA healthcare system was called as you call the old ones from deep within the earth. When certain tomes of eldritch lore are opened, dread words spoken and dark powers invoked... you do not design such a thing... you merely call it's attention to our tiny fragile corner of reality. The VA system was created in a time before computers, a time before filing systems... a time before the written word. It's a system that's been fixed, and prodded and twisted into shape over twenty thousand of history.

More recently however it's gone through two aborted overhalls when they tried to covert from one paper system to a computer system in the 90s then gave up because the budget they assigned was just enough to transport the two thousand metric tons of paperwork to computer records and no money was left to maintain the system or transcribe the records so they cancelled the whole thing but not before making all records use the new system. Now they did a second switch over in 2005 when we finally upgraded to Windows XP (Four years after release)and again made all the new people's records in the new system while there was an old system and an even older system.

And then they let the old system's company go so the only people who knew how to run the old system left for other jobs, so when it broke shit got real. So we had the paper only people, the 90s computer people and the 2005 all shiny and modern system. Except the machines maintain the database were still Windows NT computers despite 2000 being widely available and then we started getting ten times the number of veterans the system was designed to handle because apparently we had used the 1994 numbers in the 2005 system which assumed that the Department of Veterans affairs only need X amount of dollars because there were never going to be more than Y number of veterans!. I repeat the VA system was not designed to handle the amount of new medical care requiring veterans that a WAR might bring let alone two wars for twice as long as any military conflict to date in military history.

Huh. I'm assuming you have to roll a sanity check when you enter the building and for every minute you spend in there. I refuse to believe a group of people got together and willingly devised that... monstrosity. I don't envy you at all.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:19 am

... I heard everything rising to a crescendo

also... registered in 2005 so give me about 6 more years and I will be screwed over too...

Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:35 am

Downloaded Skill wrote:

Thanks for the stuff and yes, it was I. It was pushed back for a summer vacation thing expose that was supposed to be at the end of August, NOW my editor says it might be more appropriate for when Season 3 starts since there's a lot more to it than just local college guys meeting up to talk about a thing, so I might need to rewrite parts. This kind of crap happens all the time if it's not time or period sensitive.

Re: VA: I read one of Romney's proposals was to offer the same Tricare plans active duty members have to veterans having trouble with the VA healthcare system which is interesting.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:05 am

Caoimhe wrote:

Re: VA: I read one of Romney's proposals was to offer the same Tricare plans active duty members have to veterans having trouble with the VA healthcare system which is interesting.
RAAARR UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE Derpy Hooves
That's funny since here's what active duty veterans get which is both amazing and terrible at the same time (It's terrible in one area, you'll know when you see it)

Hello I am a Army Soldier, and my tooth hurts
Sure thing soldier, here's some Ibuprofen and we can have you in to pull that tooth or fix it plus we'll do a teeth cleaning while your in here just call us when you want to come down
Horray!

Hello I am a Marine and I ended up in a civilian hospital because I drank to much and tried to fight a wall, here is the bill for the stomach pumping and stitches for when I headbutted the wall
Sure thing Marine, here's some Ibuprofen and give us that bill and we will take care of it for you
Horray!

Hello I am an Airman and I've my son/wife/other direct dependent has been in a major accident
Sure thing Airman, we will take care of all of the bills and get them set up for physical therapy to help them recover, oh and have some here's some Ibuprofen
Horray!

Hello I am a Navy Sailor and I have a pain in my childhood memories and possibly PTSD
Sure thing sailor, here's some Ibuprofen and you can talk to a psychologist in six months. In the mean time walk it off crybaby
Horuuu

Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:09 am

Yeah, that sounds about right, 800mg of Ibuprofen will fix just about anything, according to the military anyways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:18 am

swicked wrote:
Cptadder wrote:Hello I am a Navy Sailor and I have a pain in my childhood memories and possibly PTSD
Sure thing sailor, here's some Ibuprofen and you can talk to a psychologist in six months. In the mean time walk it off crybaby
Horuuu
My gosh, do you ever make it difficult not to laugh at your pain XD
Remember kids

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 25 Leo-cullum-mr-happy-wants-to-remind-us-that-tragedy-plus-time-equals-comedy-new-yorker-cartoon
Tragedy+Time=Comedy
And believe you me... my life is going to be real funny in twenty two point three years.

For example my child hood is hilarious. Man that time when I was eight years old and fell off a wall because I thought I was a Ninja, that was hilarious... twenty eight stitches, six hours in the emergency room and we had to skip Christmas that year. At the time it was hilarious because when I was seven my mother went all out and bought me the equivalent of 500$ worth of gifts and I spent the next two months playing with the giant cardboard box we got from the washing machine the week after Christmas.

*Edit
When I was ten and I discovered video games... well there was no going back, Christmas was awesome with the Nintendo 64, man Golden eye was awesome.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:58 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Nah, it's far too common. Common enough that they have a word for it: SNAFU. (Situation normal: all fucked up.)

O. Hinds wrote:
I hope that things improve for you soon.

It is your right to hope that Spike
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:34 am

Here's MY list of recommendations, differs from the other:

Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:04 am

On the mod front I'm afraid I have little to add. I support several that have been named already (especially Project Nevada; that thing's beautiful), and need to check out some of the others that have been put forth. I'd also recommend (thought I don't remember which one specifically I'm using) something to increase bullet speed; in the vanilla game sniping gets just silly because the projectiles take forever to get to the target at anything past a hundred meters or so. I also like a few of the ones that add more ammo variety; that's a great system in NV that was sorely underutilized in the base game. Match loads for the 5.56 rifles, high explosive shotgun shells, etc. add to the game more than you'd think. Though I expect GRA did that to some extent; I've never actually bothered to get that dlc and last time I was really fiddling with modding was before it came out.

As for preferred settings within mods, I like to use the Project Nevada rebalance sliders to minimize or remove the effect of levelling on HP totals. It means that late in the game, you and the other humans have better gear and more skills but pretty much the same health you started out with, which removes the problem with early guns becoming completely useless in combat as opponent health outstrips their damage and makes even smaller guns and weaker opponents a threat to an unprepared player at high levels. Meanwhile changing the maximum damage blocked by your armor from the base 85% to 95-99% makes your armor choice much more important because power armor or other heavy stuff can literally let you walk through a town full of opponents with weak enough weapons (as in the lore), but the limited mobility makes you an easier target for high-powered or armor piercing weapons (and the decreased HP makes those extremely lethal).

Overall those two little changes completely shift the feel of the game, so instead of some nigh-invulnerable superpowered hero fighting slightly less superpowered villains or walking over lower leveled characters, you're a highly skilled but pretty much human badass who has to think about what they're doing and account for every threat on the battlefield.

Plus it makes the wasteland feel more wasteland-ish when the monsters and mutant animals still have several hundred HP but even the high level humans are running around with maybe a hundred tops; a deathclaw is suddenly horrifying again and even against mid-level critters, good guns armor and tactics are the only things keeping humanity alive.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next