Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
RandomBlank
Theta
Formis_Fluttergod
hawkeye92
Ametros
The Holy Tuna
Scyto Harmony
Vergil
iLateralGX
Meleagridis
Katarn
Derpmind
Quotidian
IncoherentOrange
tylertoon2
Valikdu
nebulous
Kattlarv
Harmony Ltd.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Custardman
OneMoreDaySK
MrMagma
Cptadder
Somber
Snipehamster
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Aonee
Caoimhe
Ketchup
Icy Shake
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
SilentCarto
Rafafidi
Kippershy
Sindri
O. Hinds
45 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Caoimhe Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:58 pm

stringtheory wrote:sharing this picture done by pantzar:
Spoiler:
awesome picture is awesome

now that I have your attention, what are everyone's thoughts on a PHCC steam group?

That's pretty sick, though Im more partial to the smooth white enamel style of legs ala Portal that very few artists seem to depict. Isn't that more or less how they're described in the story or am I just tripping?
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Meleagridis Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Caoimhe wrote: or am I just tripping?

They were supposed to be more subtle, could be confused with pony legs at a glance. Rover's not a dick.

Doesn't mean you're not tripping, though.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:21 pm

okay should the name be whatever PHCC actually stands for (IIRC, Project Horizons Community [I forget], someone care to fill in the final blank for me), or should it be something like "Somberaroes", basically serious vs. silly?

the abbreviation will be PHCC regardless and will be used for the group url as well

I'll assume that this group will not be public as to keep the rift-raff out
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:27 pm

PHCC - Project Horizons Comment Crew, I believe
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Katarn wrote:PHCC - Project Horizons Comment Crew, I believe
thanks, so should the name be serious or silly? personally I say serious because we can always have a silly nickname for ourselves
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Thinking about it... I could just rename the current group from the day z to a general PH CC group.

Apparently steam doesn't allow for that.

Last edited by Kippershy on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:43 pm

stringtheory wrote:okay should the name be whatever PHCC actually stands for (IIRC, Project Horizons Community [I forget], someone care to fill in the final blank for me), or should it be something like "Somberaroes", basically serious vs. silly?

the abbreviation will be PHCC regardless and will be used for the group url as well

I'll assume that this group will not be public as to keep the rift-raff out

It should be serious.

So Sombereros. Or Somberaros. One of the two. Why? Is there another option? I can't think of any.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Id be up for this group if it involved trolling people with pony things since I only play games to annoy idiots for being a girl playing an online game. That and gamers in general seem to be SUPER SERIOUS over games.

Also "Somberebros"
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:13 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Id be up for this group if it involved trolling people with pony things since I only play games to annoy idiots for being a girl playing an online game. That and gamers in general seem to be SUPER SERIOUS over games.

Also "Somberebros"

Ohhhh yes.
I've noticed that while watching the InsomniacGamers stream.
Before using a pony avi (it's small normally, like, 10x10 or 20x20 - something like that.) they were absolutely fine with me. Now one of them always feels a need to try 'call me out' on being a ponyfag as if I haven't heard it all before.
And just today, I called a 'gunblade' a 'gunsword' and they got pissed off with me for not knowing.

as if a gunblade and gunsword aren't the exact same thing with a slightly different name.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:27 pm

That name should be "Go outside."
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:31 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Caoimhe wrote:Id be up for this group if it involved trolling people with pony things since I only play games to annoy idiots for being a girl playing an online game. That and gamers in general seem to be SUPER SERIOUS over games.

Also "Somberebros"

Ohhhh yes.
I've noticed that while watching the InsomniacGamers stream.
Before using a pony avi (it's small normally, like, 10x10 or 20x20 - something like that.) they were absolutely fine with me. Now one of them always feels a need to try 'call me out' on being a ponyfag as if I haven't heard it all before.
And just today, I called a 'gunblade' a 'gunsword' and they got pissed off with me for not knowing.

as if a gunblade and gunsword aren't the exact same thing with a slightly different name.

A sword is a blade, but not all blades are swords. But apparently these swords/blades are also guns, because that isn't silly at all. I have no idea why they'd possibly be angry at you for calling it that... whatever that is, I don't know. Anyway, if one of them feels some sort of primitive, outdated need to attack you for liking something he doesn't, either deal with it, leave, or put him in his place using your sense of tact. Tact is a very powerful thing; I've stopped arguments on the Internet with it. (And we all know how hard that can be.) It passively proves/implies that you're a better person than they are (unless they have tact as well, which is rare) whilst presenting your point in a strong, dignified fashion. Anyway, off-topic now. Gamers.

I'm a gamer. Tabletop, board, card, and video. I'd be classified as 'casual', as I don't find myself in possession of an abundance of skill nor do I find myself in a position in any sort of league. I don't know many people who take gaming 'SUPER SERIOUSLY', but I know I do not.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:32 pm

The best thing is joining a counter strike jailbreak server and immediately yelling "free day" in the most whiney voice possible and watching the chaos insue. This is why my brother is banned from Steam.

Pervert the world or die trying!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Caoimhe wrote:The best thing is joining a counter strike jailbreak server and immediately yelling "free day" in the most whiney voice possible and watching the chaos insue. This is why my brother is banned from Steam.
Your going to have to explain that reference, I played CS from alpha to Source and in one professional tournament and I have no idea what your referencing.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Jailbreak is a "simon says" mod where the object is for the terrorist team to obey the rules of a counter terrorist acting as the "warden" speaking into the mic to a T otherwise they get killed. Usually the last one left gets to be the "warden." "freeday" means anyone can do anything. The nature of counter strike of course means anyone can say anything at any time so usually calling free day is chaos

It's a very stupid mod and a power scenario for 15 year olds.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:57 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Jailbreak is a "simon says" mod where the object is for the terrorist team to obey the rules of a counter terrorist acting as the "warden" speaking into the mic to a T otherwise they get killed. Usually the last one left gets to be the "warden." "freeday" means anyone can do anything. The nature of counter strike of course means anyone can say anything at any time so usually calling free day is chaos

It's a very stupid mod and a power scenario for 15 year olds.

Reminds me of Minecraft prison servers; the prisoners kill each other and the guards don't give a damn enough to give you what stuff you had back, or actually save you, for that matter.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:52 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Or here's a thought. Maybe this is exactly what's going to happen. Maybe her final trials will be shedding her friends and her support, left alone to walk the Maiden's path. We are treated to a mirror of Doof's final moments, and Blackjack... endures. Stays. I think I may be undercutting my entire thesis with this, but I can't help but feel like this scene is coming. One of the final trials.
I think it's almost certain to wind up that way. The traditional hero's journey requires them to take the last step alone - Luke leaving to face the Emperor, Harry meeting Voldemort, Pip entering the SPP hub alone... the final battle is the hero's, and nobody else's.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:56 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:
Or here's a thought. Maybe this is exactly what's going to happen. Maybe her final trials will be shedding her friends and her support, left alone to walk the Maiden's path. We are treated to a mirror of Doof's final moments, and Blackjack... endures. Stays. I think I may be undercutting my entire thesis with this, but I can't help but feel like this scene is coming. One of the final trials.
I think it's almost certain to wind up that way. The traditional hero's journey requires them to take the last step alone - Luke leaving to face the Emperor, Harry meeting Voldemort, Pip entering the SPP hub alone... the final battle is the hero's, and nobody else's.
Except that it's been established that the Eater (or whatever is causing all this) cannot be defeated by a single person, no matter how powerful. The final battle won't be Blackjack alone, it'll be the whole damned Hoof united behind her. Ghouls to batponies to Flashers to Thunderheads.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Sindri wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:
Except that it's been established that the Eater (or whatever is causing all this) cannot be defeated by a single person, no matter how powerful. The final battle won't be Blackjack alone, it'll be the whole damned Hoof united behind her. Ghouls to batponies to Flashers to Thunderheads.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 6f6
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Quote related:

"Let's see them fight ALL of us!" -Imperial Guardsman.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Sindri wrote:

But of course. At least, they'll be fighting what they can. This doesn't seem like something that you can only combat on one level. So maybe that's what Blackjack is for.

While I do think she is going to end up solo'd again, I really hope she isn't alone for the big finale. Friendship has been a big part of the whole thing here, and it just won't feel right if the last scene is of lone Blackjack.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Sindri wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:... ehe final battle is the hero's, and nobody else's.

Of course. Just like Luke needed the whole Rebel Alliance to take out the second Death Star. But he faced the Emperor and Vader alone. Just like Pip needed all her friends to reach the hub, but went inside alone.

They are not exclusive.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:06 pm

I'd be interested in a steam group. Also all these conversations are great, Im just too brain dead to participate right now. I'll try though.
@femto photography: cool stuff. But you curse you Hinds, because Ted Talks have the same pull as tvtropes to me. RAWR
@blackjack/deus: I don't think we have the information to make that judgement. Deus is a monster because he erred, tried to redeem himself, and failed. Blackjack has erred, and is in the process of redeeming herself. What determines if she is a monster or not is if she succeeds. The trick is, the one person she has to redeem herself to is herself, no one else matters. Based on what we've seen, that doesn't look like it will happen. So to segway into Blackjacks final confrontation, it will probably be an internal conflict where she has to choose either to forgive herself, or just keep pushing until she dies or becomes a monster. And it is notoriously difficult to kill Blackjack, making me think she will become a monster first.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Scootaloo I swear trying to get you people to focus on one topic is impossible so lets have a vote on the name of the steam group (to make it some what organized):
A: a 'serious' name like 'Project Horizons Comment Crew' (or something along those lines)
B: a 'silly' name like 'Somberaroes' (any other ideas?)

personally I vote for A, may change vote to B if one is very awesome

voting will end when one has a clear majority
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Just go with A, go ahead and make it. We can always call ourselves it personally, it'd look odd in my steam groups list otherwise anyway.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:20 pm

stringtheory wrote:Scootaloo I swear trying to get you people to focus on one topic is impossible so lets have a vote on the name of the steam group (to make it some what organized):
A: a 'serious' name like 'Project Horizons Comment Crew' (or something along those lines)

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 3q3rgr

Last edited by RoboRed on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Kippershy wrote:Just go with A, go ahead and make it. We can always call ourselves it personally, it'd look odd in my steam groups list otherwise anyway.
yeah, I realize that now, but now that I've put it up for a vote I have to go through with it
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMagma Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:24 pm

stringtheory wrote:Scootaloo I swear trying to get you people to focus on one topic is impossible so lets have a vote on the name of the steam group (to make it some what organized):

A, for no particular reason.

MrMagma
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:24 pm

RoboRed wrote:

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 23 Why_not_both_8394
can't see the pic, time to break out obscure DOS error messages:
Abort. Retry. Fail?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:30 pm

(R)etry.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:36 pm

(A)bscond.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next