Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+48
Rboy474
Mech
Caoimhe
Snipehamster
Mister Nikel
Valikdu
Moodyman90
Karasu
Nightshy
NoodleNugget
Salculd
Jeremyrush
Ki-Tarn
jacky2734
Aonee
Vergil
Theta
Stringtheory
Mikas
Scyto Harmony
Rafafidi
Ametros
hawkeye92
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
Somber
CamoBadger
RoboRed
MrMagma
Katarn
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Quotidian
Kippershy
RandomBlank
Sindri
Scootayay
Kattlarv
SilentCarto
Cptadder
FeatherDust
Admiral Stoic Rum
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
OneMoreDaySK
Ketchup
52 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Derpmind Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:58 pm

Rafafidi wrote:And where whould the bat-ponies fit in this army?
My headcanon for the show is that the bat-ponies are part of Luna's personal guard, and they got magical-illusionary costumes to make them look bat-like for Nightmare Night. Obviously, this conflicts with PH canon, but it's very probable to be the truth in the show. Technically you can wrangle the two together if PH's bat-ponies became permanently altered for some reason after that first time we see them in the episode. Eh.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scyto Harmony Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:32 pm

Happy Independence day for you silly 'muricans out there!

And by out there, I mean in this forum.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Sindri wrote:Only problem I see is that Shining was Twilight's brother, so he couldn't have come from the future.
Why? He could always be adopted. Perhaps given to Twilight's parents as a ward by Celestia (Cadence's presence would likely be enough convincing that they were telling the truth about their origins). (The current structure of the idea has Cadence and Shining Armor knowing about each other (though them falling in love wasn't in the plan) but not about the changelings. I'm not sure how much the changelings knew about the others' missions, but of course Chrysalis ended up going way off the plan anyway.)

Cptadder wrote:The first ten years were a large scale border skirmish between the Royal Guard and the Caesars personal guard which keeping with the Caesar theme would be his Praetorian Guard.
Why? Equestria used the Royal Guard because it was all they and they weren't willing to do more, but the Zebras, while likely holding back due to not wanting to escalate a war against the sun goddess, had enough conventional fighters to be able to avoid sending the personal guards of the leadership.

FeatherDust wrote:Just assume he's a few years younger than the CMCs and work from there. They're running a multinational corporation; he's in the Navy.
(emphasis mine)
Eh? Okay, that's an interesting bit of headcanon; would you mind explaining further?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:01 pm

Cptadder wrote:
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 1639762117
And in Honor of General Sherman my favorite two quotes of his
Heh, I'm glad you like it, even if Hinds isn't a Civil War general after all. My mom is a big history buff, so she got a kick out of my drawing it too. (She recognized I was drawing Sherman just from the reference picture. She also wants to go back in time and kill McClellan, and screams in anger every time she sees him on TV specials, heh.)
Also, those are great quotes. *brohoof*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:14 pm

ketchup504 wrote:Thanks for sharing, very interesting. Really.
Nobody uses battleships anymore, everything is missiles and aircraft for naval warfare. First strike capability-based, right?
That's likely to change soon. Around the end of this decade they'll be equipping battleships with railguns, giving them range of well over a hundred nautical miles and damage capabilities comparable to cruise missiles for a lot less money. Not to mention shooting down everything from enemy fighters to ballistic missiles. Our current weapons only have about a 15 mile max range and are either anti-air or surface-to-surface, so a battleship can't compete with things that fly anymore, but soon they'll be able to control wide stretches of air and sea and provide support to land operations anywhere near a coastline.

Derpmind wrote:
Rafafidi wrote:And where whould the bat-ponies fit in this army?
My headcanon for the show is that the bat-ponies are part of Luna's personal guard, and they got magical-illusionary costumes to make them look bat-like for Nightmare Night. Obviously, this conflicts with PH canon, but it's very probable to be the truth in the show. Technically you can wrangle the two together if PH's bat-ponies became permanently altered for some reason after that first time we see them in the episode. Eh.
We still don't have anything saying that batponies were active in Luna's Guard before the war; IIRC the history we've seen so far implied they'd been in hiding since the time of Nightmare Moon.

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Why? Equestria used the Royal Guard because it was all they and they weren't willing to do more, but the Zebras, while likely holding back due to not wanting to escalate a war against the sun goddess, had enough conventional fighters to be able to avoid sending the personal guards of the leadership.
In kkat's history of the zebras, do you remember when it was that the Caesar took power? For some reason I think I remember it being a relatively recent development and the tribes had previously been infighting before then. If so then their fighting forces, as it were, might not have been willing to fight alongside each other due to old rivalries, which might have then required all fighters be from their single most loyal clan before the animosity with the ponies grew enough to unite them all.

But again, this all relies on my possibly false memory that the Caesar they were dealing with was the first of his kind...
IIRC the warring tribes was hundreds of years ago, not just a few decades. Roam was built of united tribes and ruled by Ceasar for an extended period before the trouble with Equestria began.

And the increased prevalence of horrible monsters and diminished access to "fast" magic (spells instead of talismans and alchemy) relative to Equestria mean that the zebras would have much more pressure to keep a well-developed standing military than the ponies would.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Lets get the obligatory awkwardness out of the way.

Hi there! I'm a lurker of three months here on cloudsville and this is my first post here. I wish I was as dedicated as Captain Adder but I would kill myself trying to read every single comment (I'm pretty certain that I've read all of these threads though). I will state that your discussions during the second EQD thread were riveting whenever I dared to gaze upon the madness that is this amazing community.

I absolutely love Project Horizons. The story is deep, intriguing, mysterious and whole sheet of positive descriptors which I don't quite have on hand. I cannot for the life of me accurately describe my adoration (and dare I say it, addiction) to this amazing epic. It's too bad I'm terrible with written prose.

Somber, you are an artist of the written word. Saying that you create characters and stories is (to me) a gross understatement of your ability. You have breathed life into these creations. As a person (or are you...) you are ever seeking to improve and have always been communicative with any errors or inconsistencies. You have shown qualities and traits that I only dream of finding in another random person. If I was not so stricken with awe and admiration I would be envy you for seeming so amazing.

Also, the fact that your always apologizing (and the way you do it) is cute beyond words. Though it can irritating when there is no good reason to apologize that's just part of what makes it so endearing. I idealistically hope that your future holds only good fortune and cynically hope that any problems you face are easily overcome.

Reading these threads has been increasingly...I lost the word. Anyways I love how random the discussions can become (especially when I'm learning from it since I love to learn new things (particularly SCIENCE!!, science, and mathematics) and knowledge is power held in a potential state to be acted on) and just how quickly the topic can change. I sometimes question if there ever was a particular main topic to derail from. I know reading these has educated me further on topics such as Space Programs, Artillery, Sex, Drugs, Thermodynamics, and Education (and that's only been in the last 3 days!) (<- right here I wonder if normally I should put a period since I'm ending the sentence even though it would be only two spaces away from an exclamation point).

Wow tangential topics hehe.

Well I've been typing this for about an hour so I'll close here with a few statements that I feel are important to make.

I believe Project Horizons is a space program with the Hoofington Core as the vessel.

Stygius is cool but needs to have more info exposition and a tangible goal before I can let myself become too attached to him (what with the corellation between character mortality and plot importance).

Psychoshy (Whisper) needs more character development in order to survive (and I want her to just so she can meet Fluttershy).

Happy Fourth Everypony! (Even if you aren't affiliated with or even like the United States. Because fireworks are a universal awesome).

OAN: Dermind have you edited out that "don't" in your recommendation to One Pony about PH? I still find that jarring to read.

[EDIT (before I really even posted this. Looks like this post is getting even longer) to add to the discussion]:
From what I can recall from Kkat's history the trouble's with Equestria occurred at the same time as the rise of a newer, more aggressive Caesar.

I also seem to recall Roam and the Caesars predating Celestia and Luna (or at the very least, Equestria). Not too sure about this though.

Sorry for any spelling errors, grammar errors, tangential information confusion, info dumping, awkwardness, or offense that I may make and/or cause between now and some point in the future. My mind is faster than I am so I have trouble with communicating effectively in both directions.
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:44 pm

I bid you an official welcome to the madness, Mikas.
SCIENCE!!!

@Battleships.
We've had multiple discussions about the awesome power of railguns, and it is safe to assume they are a step back to the direct fire aspects of naval warfare. Assuming though, it doesn't end up as a huge disappointment from an unforeseen flaw.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Welcome, Mikas, we hope you enjoy your stay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:00 am

Quotidian wrote:
Offtopic:

First: Anyone read Stormfront? It's the side story I started... oh... not quite a year back. I pretty much gave up finishing it because I ran into a plot related block that kept me from taking it in the direction I wanted to (and also I'm a lazy bastard). But I think I might have resolved the problem. Has anyone read it? Is anyone genuinely interested in me continuing? (Yes, I know this is shameless self-promotion. Too bad I have no shame.)

No I haven't even heard of it until you brought it up, *goes and reads it*, wow *slow clap*, that was VERY good, about time someone did a FO:E story from the perspective of an Enclave soldier, very good characterization for the squad, then of course they get killed (I know there's a trope for that somewhere...), you know how to write very well, I'm not sure how to put this, but the vibe I'm getting from it is that it's Project Horizons if Blackjack was mentally stable and was a professional soldier

can't wait to see where this is going especially with Drifter being captured by either slavers or raiders (I'm inclined towards slavers given that they actually sound sane), plus can't wait to see if the Enclave's 'better than thou' attitude will affect Drifter's interactions with the wastelanders, especially now that he's been taken prisoner

please post this on FiMfiction, and I will eagerly follow it waiting to see what's next
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:22 am

Cptadder wrote:But if dash was leading a unit she would have had a rank, be it a brevet rank or an equivalency rank IE like the political rank of a Soviet Commissar who held a rank equal to the high head of the unit to which he was assigned (So an Regiments Commissar would be a Colonel equivalent).
The Commissar comparison might be apt, but I rather think the Shadowbolts would stand entirely outside the usual rank structure. They're not Skyguard; they were created by the Ministry. They're paramilitary, but they're under Rainbow Dash's direct command and not beholden to the Generals. I mean, do you really think Rainbow Dash, the Ministry Mare, would take orders from a bunch of generals? She'd make them ask.

At any rate, I think this would be like asking what the Army rank of a CIA Agent is. He's not part of the Army. Even if a military unit is assigned to work with him, he'd be considered outside their command structure, and the unit commander would be the one with final say on the disposition of his men.

Cptadder wrote:Further Dash had two jobs not just as the elite head of the Shadowbolts but also as the Ministry Mare for the Department of Awesome which was itself a front for Black Ops activities, from memory orbs in FoE we directly see Dash being involved in the planning of ops which implies a pretty senior position.
Those are the same job. The Shadowbolts are the most visible arm of the MAw.

Cptadder wrote:Further commander is a Navy rank in nearly all armed forces but we have a canon show example of a Commander (Commander Hot Head from the play in season 2) but we also have Colonels like Calamity's brother so I have to wonder if Commander might be a special Pegasus only rank for the heads of wings of Pegasuses...

"Commander" isn't a rank in the other armed forces, but a position. In the US Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps, "Commander" refers to the leader of any unit, from a tank commander to company commander to a wing commander.

Cptadder wrote:But then she might be in a Big Mac position where taking promotions means giving up leading the Shadowbolts.
Dash is incapable of being promoted out of command of the Shadowbolts because they directly serve her as a Ministry Mare. I mean, unless she gets promoted to Princess...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:42 am

O. Hinds wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:Just assume he's a few years younger than the CMCs and work from there. They're running a multinational corporation; he's in the Navy.
(emphasis mine)
Eh? Okay, that's an interesting bit of headcanon; would you mind explaining further?
Ahem:
It sounds better than saying "country-wide".

Actually my defense of the term would be that Stable-Tec was doing work both inside and outside Equestria proper. Didn't we hear at one point that they had built some Griffon "stables" (aeries?), which account for their survival, and which the pegasi subsequently invaded, captured, and stripped for materials? And whether they actually did it or not, they had plans for oceanic, orbital, and other types of stables. Add to that their general technological achievements (pipbucks, computing, and robotics) and they're a multinational corp in every sense except (arguably) the technical.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:08 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Cptadder wrote:er"]The first ten years were a large scale border skirmish between the Royal Guard and the Caesars personal guard which keeping with the Caesar theme would be his Praetorian Guard.
Why? Equestria used the Royal Guard because it was all they and they weren't willing to do more, but the Zebras, while likely holding back due to not wanting to escalate a war against the sun goddess, had enough conventional fighters to be able to avoid sending the personal guards of the leadership.
Remember at this point "they" is Celestia and this is a point in the war which we have next to no information on. Neither Kkhat nor Somber, nor the other twenty plus chapter FoE writers have ever touched on war being fought under Celestia. More over I'll get into the Zebra armed forces later but there's some important assumptions that are being made which might have a flaw or two.

Cptadder wrote:
(emphasis mine)
Per FoE:Heroes Stabletech was building Stables not just for ponies but outside Equestria's borders in nearby neutral or allied nations, it's not FoE cannon but the way of corporations means that if an American company wants to sell Canadian's on some Vault-Tech goodness that the government would okay it.

WavemasterRyx wrote:[
Heh, I'm glad you like it, even if Hinds isn't a Civil War general after all. My mom is a big history buff, so she got a kick out of my drawing it too. (She recognized I was drawing Sherman just from the reference picture. She also wants to go back in time and kill McClellan, and screams in anger every time she sees him on TV specials, heh.)
Also, those are great quotes. *brohoof*
Thanks, military history is something that fascinated me since I was a kid but the two big wars that kept drawing me back where the Civil War and WWII and I used to be able to name off the generals and who served under them. It's nice to see pony Sherman in all his whiskery goodness.

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Why? Equestria used the Royal Guard because it was all they and they weren't willing to do more, but the Zebras, while likely holding back due to not wanting to escalate a war against the sun goddess, had enough conventional fighters to be able to avoid sending the personal guards of the leadership.
In kkat's history of the zebras, do you remember when it was that the Caesar took power? For some reason I think I remember it being a relatively recent development and the tribes had previously been infighting before then. If so then their fighting forces, as it were, might not have been willing to fight alongside each other due to old rivalries, which might have then required all fighters be from their single most loyal clan before the animosity with the ponies grew enough to unite them all.

But again, this all relies on my possibly false memory that the Caesar they were dealing with was the first of his kind...
The Zebra rank of Caesar that Kkat went into and more importantly gave some detail in the comments (It will be a long time tracking down the quotes) is that the Caesar is not a King, there is always a Zebra Caesar as the old one dies off or quits/is made to quit. It's not a hereditary post but sons and daughters have succeeded the previous Caesar having spent their lives training to take the job.

The Caesar is not King, the Caesar is not Emperor, the Caesar is the chief diplomat, the chief spokeszebra, and the Zebra who can walk into any camp and be allowed access as the Caesar is the default neutral party. The Caesar is not a great warrior first but being a good warrior comes with the job. The Caesar is able to get anything done and situations worked out because the Caesar depends on respect. Think of the Caesar as Oprah, Michael Jordan and John Stewart tied into one, love or hate you your fellow Zebra's have to respec the hell out of you. If they don't then someone else will come along as the new Caesar.

When the hostage crisis was resolved bloodily by the Wonderbolt's it attacked at the core of the Caesar's power structure and the Caesar escalated the situation to unit Zebrakind against a common foe. T

Sindri wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:Thanks for sharing, very interesting. Really.
Nobody uses battleships anymore, everything is missiles and aircraft for naval warfare. First strike capability-based, right?
That's likely to change soon. Around the end of this decade they'll be equipping battleships with railguns, giving them range of well over a hundred nautical miles and damage capabilities comparable to cruise missiles for a lot less money. Not to mention shooting down everything from enemy fighters to ballistic missiles. Our current weapons only have about a 15 mile max range and are either anti-air or surface-to-surface, so a battleship can't compete with things that fly anymore, but soon they'll be able to control wide stretches of air and sea and provide support to land operations anywhere near a coastline.
We won't be building battleships, battlecrusiers... or dreadnaughts anytime soon. Our biggest ships of the line will be the current Heavy Cruisers, nuclear powered, missile armed but we are swapping the five inch for a bank of capacitors and a railgun. Fun stuff because it does make a hell of an anti-air as well as anti-shore weapon.

ketchup504 wrote:
We've had multiple discussions about the awesome power of railguns, and it is safe to assume they are a step back to the direct fire aspects of naval warfare. Assuming though, it doesn't end up as a huge disappointment from an unforeseen flaw.
There is a flaw in that the barrels have a shelf life of a carton of milk left on the counter because firing high speed chunks of metal results in wear and tear on the magnets and on the shielding. They are currently working on both making the gun more powerful and either finding the best material to reinforce the housing and barrel or an alternative method just accepting it as disposable and find the cheapest material that will hold together past thirty shots and can be quickly and easily stripped and replaced in combat.

SilentCarto wrote:
Cptadder wrote:But if dash was leading a unit she would have had a rank, be it a brevet rank or an equivalency rank IE like the political rank of a Soviet Commissar who held a rank equal to the high head of the unit to which he was assigned (So an Regiments Commissar would be a Colonel equivalent).
The Commissar comparison might be apt, but I rather think the Shadowbolts would stand entirely outside the usual rank structure. They're not Skyguard; they were created by the Ministry. They're paramilitary, but they're under Rainbow Dash's direct command and not beholden to the Generals. I mean, do you really think Rainbow Dash, the Ministry Mare, would take orders from a bunch of generals? She'd make them ask.
Just because your a general does not mean you can order anyone of 0-6 and below around to fetch you coffee. Granted if your two levels below the person giving you the order you tend to hop by reflex, but if Dash kept the Shadowbolts her own personal military unit attached to the MoA she would not have to worry about taking orders from Generals. Keeping them MoA own personal wet work squad means she can station them wherever she is at the moment (They are Pegsi after all...wings) and if some General wants to use the elite unit Rainbow Dash personally leads instead of a line Pegasus Platoon he or she would have to pitch Rainbow Dash on the idea.

SilentCarto wrote:
At any rate, I think this would be like asking what the Army rank of a CIA Agent is. He's not part of the Army. Even if a military unit is assigned to work with him, he'd be considered outside their command structure, and the unit commander would be the one with final say on the disposition of his men.
If only that were true, no in fact when the CIA puts together a special action team they are given army ranks but then tend to build special action teams directly out of spooks trained as soldiers or soldiers trained as spooks. But any such team commanded by a civilian would have the authority of either the Operations Director (General equivalency), the head of CIA (Director level) or direct from the office of the President itself (CiC level). In an idea world we would not have civilians giving direct orders to civilians but again anyone we tend to put in charge of such teams tend to be former military themselves. But again that's what Brevet ranks were invented for.

SilentCarto wrote:
Cptadder wrote:Further Dash had two jobs not just as the elite head of the Shadowbolts but also as the Ministry Mare for the Department of Awesome which was itself a front for Black Ops activities, from memory orbs in FoE we directly see Dash being involved in the planning of ops which implies a pretty senior position.
Those are the same job. The Shadowbolts are the most visible arm of the MAw.
I'm referring to Dash setting up Zecora, that was a MoA operation that went south.

Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:28 am

Welcome Mikas, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have, as I have been stalking for about the same amount of time now.

Also, obligatory pre-chapter crackpot theory.
Our beloved Stygius is actually a bona fide vampire!
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:34 am

Not to mention the possible capability of putting a railgun on a semi-mobile platform for use on land, like they did with the Phalanx CIWS. I think they used a derivative against mortars in Israel fired from Gaza.
Barrel wear always plagues the really big guns, I'm convinced they can find some alloy that could do the job without burning a bigger hole in their pockets.

In other SCIENCE!!! stuff, they might have found the Higgs Bosen on Wednesday.
Link.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:39 am

The 4th of July may be over, but let us commemorate some true American legends. Photo Album of Amazement.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:48 am

Cptadder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Cptadder wrote:er"]The first ten years were a large scale border skirmish between the Royal Guard and the Caesars personal guard which keeping with the Caesar theme would be his Praetorian Guard.
Remember at this point "they" is Celestia and this is a point in the war which we have next to no information on. Neither Kkhat nor Somber, nor the other twenty plus chapter FoE writers have ever touched on war being fought under Celestia.

I've actually wondered why most of the fics I've read like to glaze over the war (the closest has been Somber's Marauders). We aren't really told about many battles, what happened to the soldiers, who was "winning", or even the names of many of the higher ups (I might be forgetting the EC-1101 list).

If I ever get my thoughts organized to write a FoE sidefic I was thinking of making the more military side be the focus of the pre apocalyptic Equestria exposition. Of course if that ever happens I would need someone who really knows military stuff to get/bounce ideas and opinions off of since I am inexperienced in such matters (and probably really naive/idealistic about such stuff).

Then again I haven't gone too far in most of the FoE fics I have tagged for reading so I might be missing something.

*must resist urge to apologize about interrupting conversation/debate and having possibly naive/misinformed opinion* This is why it's easier to lurk...
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 am

Mikas wrote:If I ever get my thoughts organized to write a FoE sidefic I was thinking of making the more military side be the focus of the pre apocalyptic Equestria exposition. Of course if that ever happens I would need someone who really knows military stuff to get/bounce ideas and opinions off of since I am inexperienced in such matters (and probably really naive/idealistic about such stuff).

I think you've found why these fics centre on present-day wasteland rather than dive into the past. That and there is a very concrete timeline that leaves a great bit of room for mistakes.

And Amen to the lurking bit. But please hang around, you've got words well to hear.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:07 am

iLateralGX wrote:The 4th of July may be over, but let us commemorate some true American legends. Photo Album of Amazement.

Are/were you in the IRC today? I swear I was just looking at those exact pictures not 45 minutes ago (though they were on Tumblr).

Meleagridis wrote:I think you've found why these fics centre on present-day wasteland
rather than dive into the past. That and there is a very concrete
timeline that leaves a great bit of room for mistakes.

Oh I wasn't being clear. I meant that the fic would be set in present day Wasteland (or at least before Gardens activates) and that rather than finding out about Civilian/Government pre-wasteland Equestria they would be learning the Military's point of view.

And yes the timeline is really strict (nevermind the geography and such). Part of why I mentioned ever getting stuff into order.

And Amen to the lurking bit. But please hang around, you've got words well to hear.

Thanks for the confidence boost. I'm always really nervous with these close knit/circle groups that I often just watch rather than try to join.
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:18 am

Mikas wrote:

Thanks for the confidence boost. I'm always really nervous with these close knit/circle groups that I often just watch rather than try to join.
I felt the same way, and I still don't quite feel like I'm in the deep knitting despite being with these people since February.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:27 am

Mikas wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:The 4th of July may be over, but let us commemorate some true American legends. Photo Album of Amazement.

Are/were you in the IRC today? I swear I was just looking at those exact pictures not 45 minutes ago (though they were on Tumblr).

No, I found the album while on reddit. XD
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:41 am

swicked wrote:
Mikas wrote:Thanks for the confidence boost. I'm always really nervous with these close knit/circle groups that I often just watch rather than try to join.
...who's close knit? I don't think anyone here's all that exclusive. I don't think anyone shares all that much of their lives, either.
The most I've ever felt is a general sense of everyone enjoying each other's company.
Unless I've suddenly become involved in something without knowing it o_o
ONE OF US, ONE OF US. (I really need to see the rest of this movie some time... Also, welcome, Mikas!)

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:48 am

swicked wrote:
Mikas wrote:Thanks for the confidence boost. I'm always really nervous with these close knit/circle groups that I often just watch rather than try to join.
...who's close knit? I don't think anyone here's all that exclusive. I don't think anyone shares all that much of their lives, either.
The most I've ever felt is a general sense of everyone enjoying each other's company.

We're actually a cult. I thought you knew?
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:51 am

iLateralGX wrote:
swicked wrote:

PRAISE SOMBER! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 2182320263
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:53 am

Mikas wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:
swicked wrote:

PRAISE SOMBER! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 2182320263

ALL HAIL OUR GREY GODDESS!

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:58 am

guarddogjr wrote:
Mikas wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:
swicked wrote:

ALL HAIL OUR GREY GODDESS!

Her writings shall be passed on for generations! Until the day Queen Whiskey finally returns and helps us rebuild glorious Equestria!
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:01 am

Yep, cult.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:06 am

swicked wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:
swicked wrote:

Ooo, do we have a name?
Can it be the Sombereros?
I originally said it as a joke, but now it's growing on me :woops:

Better than anything I got.

The Followers of Whiskey just does not roll of the tongue so well.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikas Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:08 am

swicked wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:
swicked wrote:

Ooo, do we have a name?
I originally said it as a joke, but now it's growing on me [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 1771078661

SOMBEREROS FOR THE SOMBEREROS GOD! APOLOGIES FOR THE APOLOGY THRONE!
Mikas
Mikas
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:11 am

Mikas wrote:
swicked wrote:
iLateralGX wrote:
swicked wrote:

Ooo, do we have a name?
I originally said it as a joke, but now it's growing on me [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 7 1771078661

SOMBEREROS FOR THE SOMBEREROS GOD! APOLOGIES FOR THE APOLOGY THRONE!

Little known fact, when Somber says sorry, it is actually her expelling all that excess writing talent that she builds up and cannot release during writing her holy work.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:18 am

In that five letter word, we have ingenuity and skill wrapped up in condensed in awesome form, excess from writing the extra-awesome.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next