Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
Jeremyrush
Farnham
Kirbuu
Snipehamster
Quotidian
Ki-Tarn
Ametros
Paper Airplane
Mister Nikel
Orm
MrMagma
f1r3w4rr10r
Katarn
RandomBlank
hawkeye92
OneMoreDaySK
Derpmind
tylertoon2
Necr0maNceR
Ketchup
Moodyman90
jacky2734
Elexius
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
CamoBadger
Mobius04
Valikdu
Rboy474
Scyto Harmony
Kippershy
Meleagridis
Aonee
Sindri
RoboRed
Kattlarv
NoodleNugget
Somber
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
45 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:58 am

Please don't, Somber. Please. *hugs*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by NoodleNugget Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:18 am

Politics can be incredibly frustrating but be patient. I doubt this is the end of things.
And please don't do that Somber.
please don't or... or I'll just have to announce your name at the beginning of my upkeep and take the bullet instead.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:37 am

This thread needs more physcoshy.:
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:40 am

Aonee wrote:
That...is SO badass... Sweetie Belle
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:41 am

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 Do-want-pony
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:04 am

RoboRed wrote:
Aonee wrote:
That...is SO badass... [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 2182320263

Suhweet! That needs to be submitted to the drawfriends!!!
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:06 am

I have raged in the IRC, and the Kkat came and made it all better. Sorry for scaring everypony.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:36 am

Somber wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:That storyline reminds me a little of Fable 3's and something else I can't identify, which is bugging the crap out of me. It looks solid, though Fantasy isn't really my thing. Which era of technological development would it be set in?

The technology is early Renaissance / roman. Steam is starting to make itself known. Chemistry exists as 'alchemy' and gunpowder and cannons are becoming increasingly common. Magic does exist though. Low magic is one step above David Copperfield, and comprises tricks, illusions, and simple transformations. High Magic, however, is the equivalent of fantasy WMD, tapping into potent powers of the universe. The Immaculate Order controls one form of the WMD and enjoys a disproportionate amount of political clout because of it. They've only used it twice to smite a country and even two hundred years later no one wants to be the third. Seriously. Tirel is still on fire. The only other group are the Wyches, female spellcasters of the far north. Needless to say, the two groups loathe each other with a passion and the immaculate order does all it can to keep a Wych off the throne. Last thing they want is any crown that can slip out from under their thumb. The order and Wyches have a MAD pact going, but they're both determined to destroy each other. They once co-ruled the world before one side betrayed the other.

There are other races, but humanity is by far the most predominate. Elves are nearly extinct as they are too spread out and immortal to bother reproducing. They believe themselves the peak of civilization, and use all that time to get drunk, laid, and sit on their asses. Dwarves are insular, but every community worth its salt has a Dwarven enclave. They're excellent at getting and loaning money, but every now and then humans will cry 'Dwarven Conspiracy' and turn on them. Dwarves just run for their lives, wait a human generation, get invited back, sweep out the ashes, and raise interest rates. And the cycle continues. Faekind are everything from Goblins to Ogres to nymphs and generally are persecuted and marginalized. Some are borderline enslaved. None have a country of their own as the faerie are beyond this world and regard it as something like a TV show. We're not 'real' to them. So they love our stories and drama but lack any real appreciation or care for it.

Yeah, been thinking about it a long time. But I won't put words down till Horizons is finished. I also have a sci-fi fic in mind too... that one might be shorter.
-
I was going to scream at you, DON'T YOU DARE START WRITING THAT BEFORE HORIZONS IS FINISHED, and then I saw.

Somber wrote:Yeah,
been thinking about it a long time. But I won't put words down till
Horizons is finished.

I love you <3

Anyway, back to seriousness;
sounds fucking awesome - normally I'm not into fantasy BUUUUUUT the way you put it makes me want it.
So yes, when you do start it, let me know, okay? :)
I also have a friend who would more then likely be interested to read, as he's a writer himself.
(though he has nothing on myself, let alone you. his use of language is good but his characters... they lack spirit, they're too cold and his writing is too cold. doesn't invite the readers in for a good time).
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:36 am

Allow me to contribute to bringing some cheer back to the thread:
http://boo-project-horizons.tumblr.com/post/24528224962

Somber wrote:I have raged in the IRC, and the Kkat came and made it all better. Sorry for scaring everypony.
I'm glad you're feeling better sir. *hugs again*
I'll sleep better now.

Aonee wrote:[This thread needs more physcoshy.]
Fore-Trekker's art is amazing, but that Psychoshy especially so.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:37 am

I can say this chapter had one the best examples of literature I have ever had the privilege to read. Thank you to Hinds, Bronode, Snipehamster and Somber for sharing it with me.

Psalms section of the chapter had the most diverse, touching and personal gamut of emotions I've seen put to words. In a short period of time we see hope, ferocity, violence, confidence, understanding, compassion, empathy and complete helplessness. There is a very personal connection Psalm has with the people she meets. The way she wishes the best for them and wants nothing more than to continue living their lives. With each encounter she plays russian roullette with her mission to spare who ever she can. The conflict is real because pain is played so closely to the consequence of each action. As a human being, I'm wired to feel empowered through action and violence, but Plasms actions have a poignant and unmistakable regret. Because the adrenaline thrill isn't there, her regret is at center stage with no distractions. It hurts. As a human being, I can't ignore other people's pain in the best of times. I don't stand much of a chance when it's this personal.

The emotions of each moment carry into each other with the mastery Somber has earned over 45 chapters of dedication and practice. This is best exemplified from from Pinkie's helpless "I don't want to burn" to the second sun over Manehatten. The helplessness of the situation would demand that she escape in some small way. Psalm chooses to see the people around her and take it in nstead of ignoring one iota. To hurt is to be human. Here I can't place the barriers of "I'm just the audience" because Psalm does not escape behind "I'm just a sniper." Because she chooses to accept the moment in all of its pain, so must I. That honesty makes it for one of the most harrowing, and most human moments in literature. Thank you.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:37 am

Somber wrote:I have raged in the IRC, and the Kkat came and made it all better. Sorry for scaring everypony.
I'm glad that you're okay.

Still upset about the politics, but... well, American politics is usually to me either "I guess that'll do" or "URRRGH, WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STUPID?!"
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:39 am

swicked wrote:@SilentCarto & Kipper
Man... you know, it's hard enough for me to post parody knowing I'm screwing up the characters, possibly annoying Somber and others in the process. Now I have to do the same thing for real people? Please don't get mad at me for this -_-

Also: couldn't find relevant quotes to replace my meh, so I didn't.

Spoiler:

OHGOD I LOVE YOU

HAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OHGOD, YES. XD THAT IS AMAZING.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremyrush Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:56 am

Good lord. I leave for a day and I don't even know where the discussion is right now. Something about SomberRaeg and a fucking bad ass Psychoshy drawing.

You people move waaaaay too fast.
Jeremyrush
Jeremyrush
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:51 am

Somber - as always, I'm here for you if you need to talk to someone.

As for everything else, lost track of what I was gonna say.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:03 am

Somber wrote:Yeah, well, I just read how Walker got reelected after Republicans spent eight times what democrats spent. Welcome to America, Plutocracy. I want to eat a fucking bullet right now so bad it hurts.

Now that's one stupid idea.
How are YOU responsible for this shit so that you'd want to kill *yourself*? Kill the guilty, not the victim.
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:43 am

Somber wrote:Yeah, well, I just read how Walker got reelected after Republicans spent eight times what democrats spent. Welcome to America, Plutocracy. I want to eat a fucking bullet right now so bad it hurts.
I'm sorry. Would it make you feel better if I went out and removed some politicians? I've got tools right here, and as a general rule if you're not an idiot and think about it first you can get to anyone other than the president or some governors without much trouble...

Somber wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
Aonee wrote:
That...is SO badass... [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 2182320263

Suhweet! That needs to be submitted to the drawfriends!!!
Aaand Psychoshy is now best pony.

This is much better. See, there are plenty of good role models around here, like all the artists, and Kkat. People who solve problems without anyone needing to get nailed to anything. Listen to them, not me.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:18 am

Look what I have found:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:27 am

Katarn wrote:
Look what I have found:

A very, very dirty laugh came out of my mouth the second I saw this.
That is awesome.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:29 am

Sindri wrote:This is much better. See, there are plenty of good role models around here, like all the artists, and Kkat. People who solve problems without anyone needing to get nailed to anything. Listen to them, not me.

I don't know if it was intentional, but all I can think of is 33 when I saw this.

Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Regolit Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:38 am

True, Psychoshy the best pony now, who would have thought. I just hope she and Stygy will stay away from the BJ. ))

Last edited by Regolit on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Regolit
Regolit
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : -6

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:13 am

WavemasterRyx wrote:Yeah... I was agreeing with you... I thought...
Oops! My bad. I guess I don't see how the 'absence of evidence' line relates to this discussion, then.

Jeremyrush wrote:Good lord. I leave for a day and I don't even know where the discussion is right now. Something about SomberRaeg and a fucking bad ass Psychoshy drawing.

You people move waaaaay too fast.
And you call yourself "Jeremy Rush". Applejacks
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:17 am

I think my internet company may be intentionally turning off the internet between 3-5 AM or something. Ridiculous. That is prime commenting time right there! Ah, well, so much for not being nocturnal.

Anyway.

@Ryx, Sindri, and Kipper (role model stuff)
You guys rock, why wouldn't I want to be like you? :) Not, y'know, actually BE you, because that'd be weird and confuse me due to existentialism and stuff (the former of which I have at best a basic understanding of, due to having learned about it solely in French), but... You all have a fantastic qualities that I would fain do better at exhibiting. And it's inspiring when they pop up.

@silentcarto (victorious snack cake)
YES.

@Somber (fantasy story, Wisconsin, grimdark)
Mm, interesting! Sounds like my kind of fantasy story, really; especially since it'd have a brilliant writer at the helm. At any rate, I don't know if fantasy's in vogue at the moment (I feel like HBO's Game of Thrones didn't supercharge the market as much as it might have), but it definitely sounds like a book I'd like to read. Or a series of books, possibly.

And WI, well... I didn't vote for him, I'll tell you that much. I'll also say that it's disgraceful that Walker's anti-union stance is being tolerated in what's practically the damn birthplace of the labor movement. Setting politics aside, that's just... wrong. It's our goddamn heritage he's messing with. Aesthetically, I hate it. (In the interest of honesty, I will admit that, politically... I still hate it) His stance on more stereotypically "social" issues is similarly loathsome.

Speaking as someone who enjoys horror, I may be a little biased, but I've never found the way you do dark to be past tasteful. And I don't think your writing has any particular predilection towards the darker stuff, either; your handling of Pinkie's death is a perfect example of this.

Anyway, glad to hear you're not feeling as down about the stupid recall. I'm right there with you on this one, that's for damn sure.

@swicked (muh card!)
Ha! Those quotes are great! :) Thanks for making these, by the way; I said it before and I'll say it again: they're really funny!

@Aonee (Psychoshy)
Woah. Holy wow, that's... many things. All of them awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:55 am

Aonee wrote:
That is badass as hell...

And reminds me of that game...um...In...INFAMOUS! That's what it reminds me of!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:05 pm

Don't have console...didn't play. Windows 8 will come out soon with xbox 360 emul. Try play nice games.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:10 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:Allow me to contribute to bringing some cheer back to the thread:
Now that Boo has become a seapony no one can escape her adorableness! The plan for Boo to take over the world had begun. All hail princess of snack cake!

As always another amazing picture Wave!

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:11 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:Allow me to contribute to bringing some cheer back to the thread:
HNNNNNNNNG
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Shoo-be-doo Boo! Rainbow
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:26 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 My-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-right-in-the-childhood
This post causes diabetes..
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:27 pm

RoboRed wrote:

Shoo-be-doo Boo! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 28 3796487374

Ryx does best seaponies... :)
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:52 pm

@Somber:

Well, I probably should have posted this or something like it earlier, because you seem to be feeling better, but hey, it can't hurt, right? First off, I'm super glad Kkat helped. I've got no idea what she said, so hopefully it wasn't this:

When I saw your post about Wisconsin, I was surprised at how much your thoughts on it mirrored my own. Anger, fear, doubt, sorrow. "Like eating a bullet", you said, and fuck if I wasn't right there with you, ready for a delicious 9mm sandwich. I still kind of feel that way right now, and I'm a little perplexed as to how political events in another state can disregulate my mood so damn much.

(Of course, my solution to being angry and scared was to go get shitfaced with some like-minded friends. Not the best solution. Now I'm angry, frustrated, and hung over.)

But you know what? I'm not going to give up. Know why? The same reason so many people have given you donations. The world is a pretty shitty place, and even though it does have good people in it, that can be hard to see most of the time. But if you can't see anyone or anything good, then you have to BE that good. Be one of those good people.

I know, that sounds like optimistic, self-help bullshit, but I think it's true. Maybe it's because I'm in a place that's a little safer and a little better than where you're at. Maybe I just have a stubborn ember of hope that refuses to be ground out. Maybe you've got it right and I'm just too stupid to know when to quit. (This last one seems pretty likely. I don't think I've ever talked with someone quite as sharp as you before. Seriously.) I don't know.

I do know that other people frustrate the hell out of me sometimes. Republicans. Fundies. Small minded assholes. Bigots. Racists. Investment bankers. People who voted for Scott Walker. Anyone who drives a fucking Hummer too slowly in the leftmost lane.

But they're not everyone.

Here's the thing: the lily white, middle aged politicians with their immaculately coiffed hair and perfectly straight white teeth and 2.4 kids and home with a white picket fence? They're not the people that make my life worth living.

It's us.

The freaks. The geeks. The queers and weirdos and damaged goods. It's guys who like to watch My Little Pony and people who want to write post-apocalyptic action sci-fi cosmic horror queer romance, and stupid assholes who move boxes for a living and spout syrupy bullshit on the internet, and lesbian furry fetish artists who write crossover fanfic, and depressed authors who live with their moms and maybe aren't so sure about their gender identity.

It's you and Hinds and Bronode and Sindri and Kim and Rum and Ryx and Kkat and all of us broken, beautiful human beings. We build our own worlds. Our own societies. Our own support networks. I don't know if that's enough for you, or me, or for anyone. But it's all we've got, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to keep trying.

I hope you will too. Because, and I know I've said this before, the world is a brighter place with you in it.

(*hugs* There. I'm done being sappy. Chapter 45 was great, and I'll get to a more thoughtful review when my brain isn't trying to jump out of my head and back into a bottle of Ska IPA.)
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Sex: Male
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next