Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
Jeremyrush
Farnham
Kirbuu
Snipehamster
Quotidian
Ki-Tarn
Ametros
Paper Airplane
Mister Nikel
Orm
MrMagma
f1r3w4rr10r
Katarn
RandomBlank
hawkeye92
OneMoreDaySK
Derpmind
tylertoon2
Necr0maNceR
Ketchup
Moodyman90
jacky2734
Elexius
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
CamoBadger
Mobius04
Valikdu
Rboy474
Scyto Harmony
Kippershy
Meleagridis
Aonee
Sindri
RoboRed
Kattlarv
NoodleNugget
Somber
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
45 posters

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Katarn Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Yeah, I've heard from my friend about MtG. I think there are this game at least in russian.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Rafafidi Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:59 pm

@Somber
Do I see a bit of "Princess Knight" in this history?
Rafafidi
Rafafidi
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafafidi Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:07 pm

You're all writing the wrong name of this card game, it's not "Magic the Gathering", it's "Tragic: The Garnering", because of Fallout 2.</pedantic>
Rafafidi
Rafafidi
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:08 pm

@Kattlarv:
Ah, thank you for your error-spotting.
Kattlarv wrote:while assassination only partially breaks canon, (she was made to shot the heart instead of head)
Eh? What exactly do you mean?

Somber wrote:story idea
Hm, sounds like it could be interesting, and knowing you the quality would be good. Nontechnological fantasy isn't really my thing, but perhaps the quality of a Somber story could make up for that.
edit: Ohhh, but it occurs to me that there's a good chance that a friend of mine would quite love that, and she's a professional copyeditor. I don't know whether the two of you would actually be able to work something out, but I could introduce you if you'd like.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:26 pm

ketchup504 wrote:That storyline reminds me a little of Fable 3's and something else I can't identify, which is bugging the crap out of me. It looks solid, though Fantasy isn't really my thing. Which era of technological development would it be set in?

The technology is early Renaissance / roman. Steam is starting to make itself known. Chemistry exists as 'alchemy' and gunpowder and cannons are becoming increasingly common. Magic does exist though. Low magic is one step above David Copperfield, and comprises tricks, illusions, and simple transformations. High Magic, however, is the equivalent of fantasy WMD, tapping into potent powers of the universe. The Immaculate Order controls one form of the WMD and enjoys a disproportionate amount of political clout because of it. They've only used it twice to smite a country and even two hundred years later no one wants to be the third. Seriously. Tirel is still on fire. The only other group are the Wyches, female spellcasters of the far north. Needless to say, the two groups loathe each other with a passion and the immaculate order does all it can to keep a Wych off the throne. Last thing they want is any crown that can slip out from under their thumb. The order and Wyches have a MAD pact going, but they're both determined to destroy each other. They once co-ruled the world before one side betrayed the other.

There are other races, but humanity is by far the most predominate. Elves are nearly extinct as they are too spread out and immortal to bother reproducing. They believe themselves the peak of civilization, and use all that time to get drunk, laid, and sit on their asses. Dwarves are insular, but every community worth its salt has a Dwarven enclave. They're excellent at getting and loaning money, but every now and then humans will cry 'Dwarven Conspiracy' and turn on them. Dwarves just run for their lives, wait a human generation, get invited back, sweep out the ashes, and raise interest rates. And the cycle continues. Faekind are everything from Goblins to Ogres to nymphs and generally are persecuted and marginalized. Some are borderline enslaved. None have a country of their own as the faerie are beyond this world and regard it as something like a TV show. We're not 'real' to them. So they love our stories and drama but lack any real appreciation or care for it.

Yeah, been thinking about it a long time. But I won't put words down till Horizons is finished. I also have a sci-fi fic in mind too... that one might be shorter.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:33 pm

In
the other far corner of the room, opposite the kitchen, was another
blackened skeleton of a pony. I was just sitting down to try my hoof at
hacking the terminal when I noticed it, and something buried within the
bones.

Curious,
I got up and trotted over. What I had glimpsed was a spot of color,
clean, unmarred by the balefire that engulfed this place. Looking
closer, I could see a statuette amongst the long dead pony’s ribcage. A
young purple unicorn with pink and violet stripes in her lavender hair.
Twilight Sparkle.

I don't see anything referring to a headshot or a chest shot for Pinkie's death.

Also, has anyone made any connection between Echo and Whisper? I just feel like there is something. Also, who is Garnet again?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Katarn wrote: Tilt
I would like to read this story. No, really. It's interesting plot you have.
So what you're saying is, Somber has a great plot? Spike

No, but seriously. Sounds really interesting! I'd have to question, if low magic can do simple transformations and wyches have high magic, why Aerith can't magic up the appropriate equipment to pass inspection.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:17 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:I don't see anything referring to a headshot or a chest shot for Pinkie's death.
Also, has anyone made any connection between Echo and Whisper? I just feel like there is something. Also, who is Garnet again?
Yeah, by FOE canon, Pinkie was killed by the balefire burst, not a bullet at all. No headshot has ever been mentioned.

Garnet is one of the OIA Director's assistants, and appears to be the one specifically assigned to the MoP.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:19 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:I don't see anything referring to a headshot or a chest shot for Pinkie's death.

There is no evidence there disproving that Pinkie was shot. Originally Kkat didn't describe Pinkie's death directly, so the scene in ch.45 is exclusively Somber's writing.
Let's see, I had a bit of time to burn so I searched for Garnet. Ctrl-F indicates that she shows up in chapters 45, 43, 33, 19, 8, and 6. (I was going backwards.)
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:22 pm

Somber wrote: ... Dwarves are insular, but every community worth its salt has a Dwarven enclave. They're excellent at getting and loaning money, but every now and then humans will cry 'Dwarven Conspiracy' and turn on them. Dwarves just run for their lives, wait a human generation, get invited back, sweep out the ashes, and raise interest rates. And the cycle continues. ...

Yeah, been thinking about it a long time. But I won't put words down till Horizons is finished. I also have a sci-fi fic in mind too... that one might be shorter.

I'm liking the base of this world-building already, though what stood out the most to me were the Dwarves. It seems like you might be going with Tolkein's Semitic base turned up a notch, even if that's just my first impression. Nice to have more diversity in Dwarves than having them all be Scots.

Anyway, would definitely give that story a shot if you get around to it. Your writing really improves any day it touches, so thank you--and your editors--for all the work you put into it.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:23 pm

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Crying_blackjack_by_keanno-d4w7ji8
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:53 pm

swicked wrote:@SilentCarto & Kipper
Man... you know, it's hard enough for me to post parody knowing I'm screwing up the characters, possibly annoying Somber and others in the process. Now I have to do the same thing for real people? Please don't get mad at me for this -_-

Also: couldn't find relevant quotes to replace my meh, so I didn't.

Spoiler:
I like the SilentCarto ones, they are funny and they would be useful.

I probably have no quotes to turn into cards.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Sindri wrote:Better you than me!

Seriously though, do not do what I do.
Kippershy wrote:HEY HEY HEY

IF ANYTHING, WHY IS SOMEONE LOOKING AT ME AS A ROLEMODEL?

I mean.. god damn, the fate of humanity in MY hands?
I'd trust either of you to lead over myself any day - though there is always the option of running a unified front of "don't do this and you'll be fine".

swicked wrote:Gonna try and think up some more if this actually becomes a thing o_o
Oh certainly it should become a thing, it's good fun.

Somber wrote:It's fine. It's just sad in that there's people who
tell me 'why to do write so grimdark?' or 'How does it get so bleak' and
the answer is 'Its not that dark for me.' I know things suck for BJ,
but honestly what comes out of my head is just 'what works best for the
narrative' and when its done folks read it and go 'Dude, this is dark!'
and I can only shrug and apologize. It is as it is, and it has me
concerned for when I work on my next project if that's going to be too
dark too. I'm more concerned that it upset you, Ryx. ::hugs:: You're a
great pony and a wonderful artist and I'm glad to know you. Don't
worry about me.
It is sad that people can't understand it (not that people are naturally very understanding...). For one thing, it's a post-apocalyptic wasteland, it's supposed to be dark, and even still you make the darkness work, and still manage to throw in some lightness (and even some genuinely happy moments). Secondly, Rarity's Rodeo was a perfectly normal, happy story. Sure it had an undercurrent of sadness, but it was hardly any more sad than an average episode of the show.
I really was worried for you, sir, I always worry for you because you're a wonderful pony too, and I just want you to be okay because you deserve to be happy. *hugs you back*
And thank you so much sir, I'm always honored to receive such compliments, but especially so when they're from you. I'm very happy to know you as well.
*hugs again*

Ice Crystal wrote:About that picture:
*hugs Miss Ice too*

SilentCarto wrote:[Queen Snack Cake Victorious]
I just don't know what's up with me ascribing superpowers to Boo.
Heh, it's cute Silent XD
And well it must be because Boo is so super.

O. Hinds wrote:
Somber wrote:Well if you really want to know, I
have an idea for a fantasy story
Hm, sounds like it could be
interesting, and knowing you the quality
would be good. Nontechnological fantasy isn't really my thing, but
perhaps the quality of a Somber story could make up for that.
edit:
Ohhh, but it occurs to me that there's a good chance that a friend of
mine would quite love that, and she's a professional copyeditor. I
don't know whether the two of you would actually be able to work
something out, but I could introduce you if you'd like.
It does sound like an interesting idea, Somber, though I hope (unless you can actually get a contract for writing it) that I don't have the pleasure of reading it for quite some time yet, because I don't want you forcing yourself to rush through PH just to finish it. And yes, I would definitely encourage you to talk to Hinds' friend, it may not lead to anything but any chance is still a chance.

SilentCarto wrote:
Yeah, by FOE canon, Pinkie was killed by the balefire burst, not a bullet at all. No headshot has ever been mentioned.
I believe the old saying goes "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

swicked wrote:[maaaaagic]
Debate seems like a very appropriate card, though it would need a picture of Random and Sindri arm-wrestling in the final version. Kipper Posts and Kim Posts are funny too.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:09 pm

I just hated the idea of Pinkie Pie burning to death. I really... really... hated it. When I read ch 15 (?) I was in tears and actually said 'oh my god, pinkie burned!'

So yeah, this is my attempt to change that, if only for me.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:18 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
*hugs Miss Ice too*
D'aw, you're sweet *hugs back*
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Freaking Magic, how does it work? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 3796487374

So I just found this, apparently Mech's been holding out on us.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Blackjack_the_human_by_mistermech-d527lxa
Deviantart and Tumblr
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Somber wrote:
I need to read this. And hey, it's entirely original, so if we get a publisher in here...

I might be seeing a little of Sapkowski in the basic politics, renaissance + magic is always awesome, plot seems good, it's Somber so you know the characters and writing are going to be magnificent... This is a thing that needs to happen, and be published, and read by all. After 30-40 more chapters of Project Horizons.

There definitely wasn't a headshot. As for chest, there are a lot of parts of the torso that you can put a bullet through without marking the bones (at least not in a way that wouldn't take a serious forensic team to spot). And given that the statuette was "amongst" the ribcage, it wasn't a pretty little cage anymore; it was scattered or at least spread enough for a figurine to work its way inside. Littlepip doesn't have a great deal of medical skill, so a two century old deformed skeleton doesn't tell her anything.

Expect that she clearly didn't burn, because they would be visible on all the bones. I'd assumed it was a slow death by radiation at first, but really anything that only affected soft tissue or was highly localized would work.

Why is it that everybody's first impulse is to assume that the writer made a mistake, rather than thinking for a moment?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Sindri wrote:

There definitely wasn't a headshot. As for chest, there are a lot of parts of the torso that you can put a bullet through without marking the bones (at least not in a way that wouldn't take a serious forensic team to spot). And given that the statuette was "amongst" the ribcage, it wasn't a pretty little cage anymore; it was scattered or at least spread enough for a figurine to work its way inside. Littlepip doesn't have a great deal of medical skill, so a two century old deformed skeleton doesn't tell her anything.

Expect that she clearly didn't burn, because they would be visible on all the bones. I'd assumed it was a slow death by radiation at first, but really anything that only affected soft tissue or was highly localized would work.

Why is it that everybody's first impulse is to assume that the writer made a mistake, rather than thinking for a moment?

I was actually in a little mini debate on fimchan about this. I asked for exact quotes that showed her death was from the blast. "As far as I know as soon as pinkie finished her memory orb to littlepip
she apparently wandered off to the wall holding her twilight statuette. I
dont think there was a detailed form of the remains which does give
room for somber's fit in."

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:21 pm

swicked wrote:@SilentCarto & Kipper
Man... you know, it's hard enough for me to post parody knowing I'm screwing up the characters, possibly annoying Somber and others in the process. Now I have to do the same thing for real people? Please don't get mad at me for this -_-

Also: couldn't find relevant quotes to replace my meh, so I didn't.
Hehehe, I've always thought of myself as a blue card. Twilight Sparkle And best known for my theorizing, I guess.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 27 Mlfw3082-13279593542672
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:40 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Yeah, by FOE canon, Pinkie was killed by the balefire burst, not a bullet at all. No headshot has ever been mentioned.
I believe the old saying goes "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
Er...? Katt made a comment that Psalm's heart shot on Pinkie partially broke canon because she had previously been stated to have been shot in the head. I was saying that no headshot was ever mentioned, and the only previous explanation of her death was balefire.

Somber wrote:I just hated the idea of Pinkie Pie burning to death. I really... really... hated it. When I read ch 15 (?) I was in tears and actually said 'oh my god, pinkie burned!'

Well, it still would have been instantaneous either way... for me, it was the unreceived message that broke me up. The idea that Pinkie had finally made the right choice, she wanted to reconcile, but it was too late... and that Twilight never got her message, even so... ;_;
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:01 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Er...? Katt made a comment that Psalm's heart shot on Pinkie partially broke canon because she had previously been stated to have been shot in the head. I was saying that no headshot was ever mentioned, and the only previous explanation of her death was balefire.

Stop. Back up a second. I wasn't even aware that Kkat read Project Horizons, where did she say this? If you've been debating this stuff out of context then you've been a naughty pony.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Derpmind wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Er...? Katt made a comment that Psalm's heart shot on Pinkie partially broke canon because she had previously been stated to have been shot in the head. I was saying that no headshot was ever mentioned, and the only previous explanation of her death was balefire.

Stop. Back up a second. I wasn't even aware that Kkat read Project Horizons, where did she say this? If you've been debating this stuff out of context then you've been a naughty pony.

If there was a chatlog please tell me there's a saved copy. Proof plz.

Also, random question: Out of everyone we know in Unity so far, who has it the worst?
If it's Psalm, I'm imagining that one time when Lacunae and Blackjack touched horns, and Trixie's like "Quick! Shove as much angst out into Blackjack as possible", and she only got enough time to push Psalm out.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Derpmind wrote:Stop. Back up a second. I wasn't even aware that Kkat read Project Horizons, where did she say this? If you've been debating this stuff out of context then you've been a naughty pony.
OneMoreDaySK wrote: If there was a chatlog please tell me there's a saved copy. Proof plz.
Not Kkat, Kattlarv, aka Kim. It was in her post on page 29, the one that says, "Anyhow, review time:".
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:31 am

swicked wrote:Well... I guess kinda. Again, taking individual aspects of a person and translating them into cards. Not a perfect process.
I did say I was okay with it. ^_^

Overlong Analysis Cobalt gave me his blessing to post his.
Both of these made me laugh out loud. XD
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:40 am

swicked wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Hehehe, I've always thought of myself as a blue card. Twilight Sparkle And best known for my theorizing, I guess.
Well... I guess kinda. Again, taking individual aspects of a person and translating them into cards. Not a perfect process.

Edited Kippershy, Kippershy Posts and Kim Posts so they actually use Kippershy's username (was previously Kipper).
Changed the flavor text on Kippershy's card to be something he actually said instead of the meh I put.

Not going to make a habit of editing these, but that was a stupid mistake on my part.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt gave me his blessing to post his.
Spoiler:

Edit: If anyone doesn't use dropbox... use it. It is so crazy convenient o_o
Do you have any of me? It's alright if you don't, but I want to see them if you have any.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:15 am

you wouldn't happen to have one of me would you? And again, it's not because I am self conscious or anything... I just find other people's opinions about me really important.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:35 am

Yeah... I was agreeing with you... I thought...

Somber wrote:I just hated the idea of Pinkie Pie burning to death. I really... really... hated it. When I read ch 15 (?) I was in tears and actually said 'oh my god, pinkie burned!'

*hugs Somber again*
I remember it being a really painful scene, but I don't remember my exact reaction, since it was so long ago... But I definitely don't blame you at all for wanting to at least try to give Pinkie some mercy, after everything she went though.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by NoodleNugget Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:44 am

swicked wrote:
NoodleNugget wrote:you wouldn't happen to have one of me would you? And again, it's not because I am self conscious or anything... I just find other people's opinions about me really important.
It's not really an opinion. It's a... sigh. Nevermind. Don't hate me. -_-
Spoiler:
everything went better than expected! :D it's actually a really nice card.

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:50 am

Yeah, well, I just read how Walker got reelected after Republicans spent eight times what democrats spent. Welcome to America, Plutocracy. I want to eat a fucking bullet right now so bad it hurts.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:56 am

Somber wrote:Yeah, well, I just read how Walker got reelected after Republicans spent eight times what democrats spent. Welcome to America, Plutocracy. I want to eat a fucking bullet right now so bad it hurts.
...Hadn't heard that yet. Not really sure what to say. I still fail to understand how spending money gets votes anyway...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next