Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
Jeremyrush
Farnham
Kirbuu
Snipehamster
Quotidian
Ki-Tarn
Ametros
Paper Airplane
Mister Nikel
Orm
MrMagma
f1r3w4rr10r
Katarn
RandomBlank
hawkeye92
OneMoreDaySK
Derpmind
tylertoon2
Necr0maNceR
Ketchup
Moodyman90
jacky2734
Elexius
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
CamoBadger
Mobius04
Valikdu
Rboy474
Scyto Harmony
Kippershy
Meleagridis
Aonee
Sindri
RoboRed
Kattlarv
NoodleNugget
Somber
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
45 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Sindri Sat May 26, 2012 1:48 am

Elexius wrote:It's the thought of having living organisms in my body that get's me...
Everybody's got living organisms in their body! Heck, without the beneficial bacteria living in your intestines, you could hardly digest!

I'm not being helpful, am I?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Mobius04 Sat May 26, 2012 1:48 am

swicked wrote:
Sindri wrote:
swicked wrote:I would NEVER claim to be unique. It's one of my creeds. You can never be unique in any singular aspect of your life, you can only hope to be in the sum total of your being :)
Remember: You're special. Just like everyone else on the planet. If you're one in a million, there are now about 7 thousand of you.
I said "hope", not "succeed". Most people hold some instinctual desire to be unique in some way. I'm not particularly one of them.
Besides, uniqueness is entirely up for interpretation, it's about as worthy a goal as... I don't know, pursuing "worth" itself.
Huh, very zen there. Swicked I think you are the first person alive that i have me that voices that philosophy. Closest match I can think of is Aristotle's "There is nothing new under the sun." If you'll scratch my curiosity, how did you come to that philosophy? You make it one of your creeds so there is bound to be a story behind it.

Pardon my curiosity. Trying to ride out a panic attack. Socializing with people seems to work better than curling up like Rainbow Dash in "Sonic Rainboom"
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat May 26, 2012 1:48 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Got you beat ketchup. I have a cousin who's less then a month younger then me. Despite living in south Georgia for all of my life and him in north Georgia, over 300 miles apart and under different circumstances, we actually have similar interest and taste. It's to the point we could be brother's we're so similar.
Seeing that you didn't share a womb with him, that is quite peculiar. I've got cousins who live a province away, and differ entirely in body figure and behavior. I can barely stand them, because we are so different.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 26, 2012 1:51 am

I was going to say that's no worse then fleas and ticks, but at least they usually stay on the surface of your skin. Of course that brings it's own paranoia. Especially ticks.

@ketchup. That and we only get to see each other two to three times a year.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Elexius Sat May 26, 2012 1:55 am

Sindri I am aware of that, and no it doesn't bother me. Large, or multiple holes (grouped in one area) that do not occur naturally, that causes phobic reactions.
Elexius
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Jason "Prince" Aelixeon
Sex: Male
Species: Zebracornling

Back to top Go down

Post by Elexius Sat May 26, 2012 1:57 am

On another subject, I'm exhausted. Good night y'all.
Elexius
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat May 26, 2012 1:57 am

@MoodyMan90

Yeah, there is something a bit freaky about something messing around under your skin. I even have that problem with needles sometimes; I'm fine with blood, injuries, even stab wounds. But any time the depth is more than, say, ten times the width of the puncture I get squicked. Something about it bypassing your outer surface and messing around internally, where you can't tell what's going on, makes it seem much worse than an objectively more serious injury that you can see into.

Last edited by Sindri on Sat May 26, 2012 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat May 26, 2012 2:00 am

On an entirely unrelated note, in the unlikely event that any of you will be in the vicinity of KublaCon this weekend, say hi. I'll probably be wearing a Rainbow Dash shirt tomorrow...
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat May 26, 2012 2:01 am

Moodyman90 wrote:I was going to say that's no worse then fleas and ticks, but at least they usually stay on the surface of your skin. Of course that brings it's own paranoia. Especially ticks.
My dog had 'mange' for a while, and it was pretty awful. But, in all probability, you won't contract any significant diseases by being bitten by a tick, if you encounter one. Take for example the Mosquito, the most annoying insect on the planet, can transmit deadly diseases, but most in temperate climates don't carry them.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Sat May 26, 2012 2:04 am

swicked wrote:
Determinism pops up more and more these days as being more useful than free will. People show themselves to be products of their environment. If the wikipedia page is steering me in the right direction. How do you handle fault, personal responsibility, and forgiveness?
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat May 26, 2012 2:47 am

Time to dust this old thing off again. Mostly in response to El Cazadore's little trip down memory lane, but I'm sure you could stretch it to a few more things. Seriously, I never feel more normal than when I check in here. And swicked continues to surprise me. Present yourself to have something my world tells me is only for the wrong, then be the only one I've ever heard openly preach of self aware values essential to the construction of an ideal self. A splash of ice water for thinking of people in two dimensions.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 2:53 am

Mobius04 wrote:
swicked wrote:
Determinism pops up more and more these days as being more useful than free will. People show themselves to be products of their environment. If the wikipedia page is steering me in the right direction. How do you handle fault, personal responsibility, and forgiveness?
Swicked mostly got all this and more besides, but here's my $0.02: Technically speaking, all those are all just arbitrary assignations. In a sense, they wouldn't really be anything other than arbitrary even if free will DID exist. So, just 'cos it doesn't doesn't mean you can't ignore that fact when dealing with normal situations, since our culture thinks it does. (And before we get all complain-y about how dumb western culture can be, just remember that, in South Korea, leaving a fan on in the summer is said to cause hypothermia and/or asphyxiation... by government agencies. So, it could be worse. Also, if I ever wanted to get away with murder in South Korea, I would abuse the hell out of this superstition. Crazy )

Also, regarding blood donations - the needle tickles, I actually kinda like that bit. It's the symptoms of blood loss that get to me, but those only crop up for the last minute or so, usually. =P (It is not pleasant when certain extremities get painfully tingly)

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Sat May 26, 2012 3:00 am

Preview panel of something I'm working on. Details (like the rebar and cracks) may be subject to change.
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 P-2110
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Everypony
Hey guys, Trueblood was totally working on "insecticide talismans" for Goldenblood. (Wasn't too pleased about it, either) So yeah, that's scary.
I already pointed that out a loooong time ago. I think it was during the infamous poison joke discussion. But yeah, I agree that they are obviously the Roseluck Pest Control starmetal rings that cause enervation.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Sat May 26, 2012 3:03 am

swicked wrote:
While I'd like to think I was being intentionally leading and clever, that vague question was the most articulate I could manage at the time. You have a deep philosophy, and thank you for sharing it with me.

Forgiveness is something I struggle with. I've learned a lot of how to accept what happens, let go of the momentary pain and move on. But this is one of those large bundles of hurt where it's hard to be rational. Combine that with this person has "head up their ass" syndrome when it comes to anything involving emotions. I could vent my feelings, but rebuilding that trust is tenuous enough that being completely honest would cause them to shut down and run away. I'd like to steer this person to a path where they won't repeat the sames that they did to me. No clue how to do that.

Swicked, you seem like you have a good head on your shoulders. I figured you might be able to shine some light on forgiveness, even if I have trouble articulating.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat May 26, 2012 4:42 am

That was absolutely amazing. Seriously.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Sat May 26, 2012 5:03 am

Bravo! Thank you for sharing.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat May 26, 2012 5:40 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:hey ryx, its not easy[...]
I'm aware, having glanced over your posts on the matter before. Fortunately I'm incapable of taking such action, so that's at least something. Of course, being able to and wanting to are two very different things.
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:I am no stranger to those images as I read an translated hmanga on 4chan
Oh hey, I think I know which one you're talking about, used to have that saved...

swicked wrote:Everyone
I'm not much for poetry, but I'll admit it was pretty nice.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat May 26, 2012 7:17 am

Commander Valikdu has entered FTL.

[edit][
Oh hey, I can still type.

Contrary to popular belief, not every Russian drinks vodka. Seriously, why would everyone like it? It's bitter. It burns. I don't like it, so I don't drink it.

[edit]
And I'm just drunk enough to overcome my fear and start writing. I just want to feel vaaaalidaaateeeed
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sat May 26, 2012 9:05 am

Oh, fuck me. Managed to hit some ctrl/alt and some button, and it closed my effing reply tab.
Have to re-write... just hope I can recall what I said.

First was a "omigosh" about a RP session, my guerilla dwarf is in deep trouble after making a heroic sacrifice to keep the rest of the party safe... which somehow gave me less XP from the encounter, the one that just ran got more) Got hit by 5 fireballs after pulling the pins of my dracotechnics. Went down to -16 hp and was out cold, if I hadn't went out, I'd have gotten 13500 xp hehe. Stabilized at -24 hp, and really anxious to know what'll happen next.

@Swicked (I think it was, regarding Somber) Actually, the author of Heroes is... xD

@About Styg: I don't see why he'd join Chapel tbh, he wouldn't really have a reason too, and it'd seem to conflict with his two primary goals. One of which technically could be joining there, but it'd also mean leaving his ... flock?

... think I forgot something here. But ah well. I think I replied to all things .

And I'll have to skip the current discussions due to wooziness, past few days, and overall some of the topics being a weak point for me.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat May 26, 2012 10:47 am

swicked wrote:Hah, thanks, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be. Where I believe I need to be.
You shared your words and they showed truth and betterment. Then you show artistry as well. Of course you may see some improvement you need, but you've clearly already improved in ways much of us need. I, for one, know a few who could use this kind of moral boot up their ass. You know that poem probably earned you a fan or two? I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm as eager for another as I would be for one of Ryx's drawings. Perhaps I'm not alone? I can't help but get the impression that this wasn't your goal, so I have to ask: What do you think of that? Do you care that you've spread wisdom and raised yourself in the eyes of others? I know it's just an internet forum and all, but humour me. It's still people on the other side of the screen.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat May 26, 2012 11:09 am

That poem was absolutely stunning. I would love to see more. Especially based around PH or FO:E.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Sat May 26, 2012 1:05 pm

swicked wrote:Necro, nice pic! I think the last dot is supposed to be red, though.
Thanks! The redo of chapter one has all the dots being white now, though.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat May 26, 2012 1:13 pm

swicked wrote:I have to admit, when I first wrote it, I suppressed an urge to immediately send it to him and ask if I was improving. I'm a dork XD

Really good English teachers have that effect on people. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 524433800 And while I'm posting, let me be another person to compliment your on your meaningful poem. Dork.[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 64684025
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Elexius Sat May 26, 2012 1:23 pm

I wish more artists did free commissions. I would finally see my fursona an ponysona come to life.
Elexius
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat May 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Ugh...
And I managed to write exactly 0.5 scene before collapsing. Nice.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat May 26, 2012 3:04 pm

While we are somewhat on the topic of self-improvement and morals, is it a bad thing to try to make people around myself think I am miserable? I'm not sure why I do this...
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Sat May 26, 2012 3:46 pm

ketchup504 wrote:While we are somewhat on the topic of self-improvement and morals, is it a bad thing to try to make people around myself think I am miserable? I'm not sure why I do this...

Possibly, most people desire sympathy on some basic form and people try to manipulate the reactions of those around you in order to gain sympathy. Can be good if one desire a shoulder to lean on or a open ear. Can be bad if it is simply done for attention. If one is really miserable it's is really best to find someone who will actually listen and care. Or you can take the route I took...... I would not advice that route.
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Eye Spy
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat May 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Rboy474 wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:While we are somewhat on the topic of self-improvement and morals, is it a bad thing to try to make people around myself think I am miserable? I'm not sure why I do this...

Possibly, most people desire sympathy on some basic form and people try to manipulate the reactions of those around you in order to gain sympathy. Can be good if one desire a shoulder to lean on or a open ear. Can be bad if it is simply done for attention. If one is really miserable it's is really best to find someone who will actually listen and care. Or you can take the route I took...... I would not advice that route.
Hmm. I think it is a defense mechanism. When I acted happy all the time, someone once said that it was annoying to her because I acted like nothing was ever wrong, which was essentially true until I stared encountering stress and emotional issues. I do think there is a sympathy-seeking element, but I don't like talking about my problems to anyone. I am really shut up, in person. The people here know more about me than anyone else.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat May 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Rboy474 wrote:

Which route would that be? attempting suicide?
Been there tired that many a times never quite got the t-shirt.

Damn you death and your slippery ways! >=|
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rboy474 Sat May 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Rboy474 wrote:

Which route would that be? attempting suicide?
Been there tired that many a times never quite got the t-shirt.

Damn you death and your slippery ways! >=|

Personal modification of self evaluation and creation of a faux martyrdom complex.

In other words destroy the the though of personal gratification and focus on the happiness and personal feelings of others.

Last edited by Rboy474 on Sat May 26, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rboy474
Rboy474
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Eye Spy
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next