Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+41
Jeremyrush
Farnham
Kirbuu
Snipehamster
Quotidian
Ki-Tarn
Ametros
Paper Airplane
Mister Nikel
Orm
MrMagma
f1r3w4rr10r
Katarn
RandomBlank
hawkeye92
OneMoreDaySK
Derpmind
tylertoon2
Necr0maNceR
Ketchup
Moodyman90
jacky2734
Elexius
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
CamoBadger
Mobius04
Valikdu
Rboy474
Scyto Harmony
Kippershy
Meleagridis
Aonee
Sindri
RoboRed
Kattlarv
NoodleNugget
Somber
SilentCarto
WavemasterRyx
45 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Elexius Fri May 25, 2012 11:57 pm

And I now am aware of another phobia I possess.
Elexius
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name: Jason "Prince" Aelixeon
Sex: Male
Species: Zebracornling

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by jacky2734 Sat May 26, 2012 12:00 am

What, did you try reading Sweat Apple Acres Massacre?
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat May 26, 2012 12:00 am

@SilentCarto, Sindri, Overlong Analysis Cobalt, and Nightmare Moon wrote:
Thank you all, I'm very glad you enjoyed the picture, and yes, Somberpony is definitely the best pony.

Somber wrote:Thanks folks. Unfortunately a really bad tooth has prompted me to take more temp work, so by the time I get home I'm just creatively meh.
I'm very sorry to hear that, sir... I wish you could finally catch a break, at least for your birthday...
Please try not to worry about us and just do your best to get through and take care of yourself. *hugs*

RoboRed wrote:TBH, every "OH SHIT" alarm was going off in my head when I read Random's post that morning. Good to see you're doing alright, though.

D'awww......
(sorry to hear about your pen/tablet/thingus)
*hugs* I really am touched by your concern, sir, thank you. Yeah, I am going to be okay.
And I'm glad you like the picture.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Elexius Sat May 26, 2012 12:08 am

No, I foolishly typed trypophobia into google. *cries in the corner.*
Elexius
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 26, 2012 12:11 am

hey ryx, its not easy to kill yourself the self preservation instinct kicks in, then well from there the adrenaline and fear drive you more to run from what triggers it, then the will power to actually do the deed begins to fade, then that disappointment of failing to do what you've set out to do kicks in and then you either act on it or be just curl upin a ball... thats my take on my experiences... but remember, thoughts of suicide, while not exactly healthy, are also not exactly abnormal... pleantly of people have then, less people act on them, and still even less manage to accomplish them, I work this everytime I subconsciously plan my death I rely on the other part of myself that does not let others down, I try to be 110% reliable and consider that If I off myself then I annot be there to help those who need me. besides if I killed myself how could I say goodbye to you guys, i woul just disappear, and you would ask whatever happened to admiral rum? and others would say, I dunno, he was a little more erratic than usual the last time he posted....I hope he decides to comeback, we've got muffins and rum waiting for him...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 26, 2012 12:15 am

Elexius wrote:No, I foolishly typed trypophobia into google. *cries in the corner.*

no what you have is a general feeling of uneasyness about yourself because the images which showed up were very creepy, I am no stranger to those images as I read an translated hmanga on 4chan involving a girl getting vaginal like holes throughout her skin whcih spread through contact with the fluids they excreted, much like chicken pox...

don't worry tho the feeling will pass soon enough, its just odd, the actual phobia would have you more afraid of holes than anything else....

also...you're too young to read hmanga in the US so i do not condone your reading of it....
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elexius Sat May 26, 2012 12:18 am

Why, in Celestia's name, would I ever even consider looking at something like that?!
Elexius
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by jacky2734 Sat May 26, 2012 12:19 am

Bah, Botflies ain't a problem unless you stick your hand in a prairie dog hole.
jacky2734
jacky2734
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name: Kage/Searing Willow
Sex: male/male
Species: Gryphon/Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 26, 2012 12:23 am

Elexius wrote:Why, in Celestia's name, would I ever even consider looking at something like that?!

curiosity, that is what happened to me.... I have many dead cats living in my head you know
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Sat May 26, 2012 12:23 am

Take a few deep breaths and try to keep in mind the good things in life. Anxiety will pass. Try and relax your muscles and zone out for a few minutes. Just letting go of everything for a little while helps.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 26, 2012 12:23 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Elexius wrote:No, I foolishly typed trypophobia into google. *cries in the corner.*

no what you have is a general feeling of uneasyness about yourself because the images which showed up were very creepy, I am no stranger to those images as I read an translated hmanga on 4chan involving a girl getting vaginal like holes throughout her skin whcih spread through contact with the fluids they excreted, much like chicken pox...

don't worry tho the feeling will pass soon enough, its just odd, the actual phobia would have you more afraid of holes than anything else....

also...you're too young to read hmanga in the US so i do not condone your reading of it....

swicked wrote:
Kay, just google imaged it.
I don't get it. This is scary for you? :/
It's just a bunch of infections and rotten flesh and junk.
see above
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 26, 2012 12:26 am

Mobius04 wrote:Take a few deep breaths and try to keep in mind the good things in life. Anxiety will pass. Try and relax your muscles and zone out for a few minutes. Just letting go of everything for a little while helps.

I tried that in the middle of a panic attack and passed out you see, all the blood went to my muscles to assist in powering my body for the fight or flight response and then relaxing essentially cause all of the blood to leave my brain, I passed out in about 7 seconds? not sure essentially i was reporting my condition to the nurse the entire time up to the point I passed out...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 26, 2012 12:33 am

swicked wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:

swicked wrote:
Kay, just google imaged it.
I don't get it. This is scary for you? :/
It's just a bunch of infections and rotten flesh and junk.
see above

Ah, right.
I used to have an issue with harlequin babies, actually... especially considering the fact that they are alive. But I just went and stared at some pictures of that for a few minutes and other than a little itchiness I'm good.
It's nice to be jaded :P

doctors call it exposure therapy...

I workk in a kitchen and deal with meat often, so images of gore don't bother me too much... picture of a dude with hamburger for a leg? looks like a tenderloin

I just go into cook mode and suddenly i'm looking at a fresh kill of deer needing cleaning when it is infact a human cadaver with the abdominal wall cut off exposing the innards
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 26, 2012 12:37 am

oh i was only saying that is the context i use to prevent gag reflex...

I've never hunted...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Sat May 26, 2012 12:37 am

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:
Mobius04 wrote:Take a few deep breaths and try to keep in mind the good things in life. Anxiety will pass. Try and relax your muscles and zone out for a few minutes. Just letting go of everything for a little while helps.

I tried that in the middle of a panic attack and passed out you see, all the blood went to my muscles to assist in powering my body for the fight or flight response and then relaxing essentially cause all of the blood to leave my brain, I passed out in about 7 seconds? not sure essentially i was reporting my condition to the nurse the entire time up to the point I passed out...
Different strokes for different folks. Impressive your body can snap into and out of a fight or flight response that fast. You either have some impressive wiring or a great deal of practice.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 26, 2012 12:40 am

well no there was no blood being pumped to my brain once I was trying to calm myself, all my mental focus was on keeping my body in control, then I passed out...I was white as a sheet when i came to...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat May 26, 2012 12:44 am

swicked wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:oh i was only saying that is the context i use to prevent gag reflex...

I've never hunted...

Oh.
Well then I'm just saying I have no problem with any of it, lacking any context whatsoever. XD

you're gross!
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Sat May 26, 2012 12:45 am

swicked wrote:
Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:doctors call it exposure therapy...

I workk in a kitchen and deal with meat often, so images of gore don't bother me too much... picture of a dude with hamburger for a leg? looks like a tenderloin

I just go into cook mode and suddenly i'm looking at a fresh kill of deer needing cleaning when it is infact a human cadaver with the abdominal wall cut off exposing the innards

Ah. I'm not a cook or hunt or anything. I'm just... morbid? I dunno.
No problem being morbid. You get to enjoy all the macabre humor and have a better understanding of anatomy.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 26, 2012 1:03 am

Oh what fun conversations have been going on in here?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Sat May 26, 2012 1:10 am

swicked wrote:
You are not the only one who enjoys grimdark in their many forms. Amazing how people stay quiet just because they think they are the only one who enjoys something. Bloody and visceral scenes can be fun and intense experiences. There is something to be said about an author or artist who can paint disassembled anatomy in stark bloody detail. People like to see stories about empowerment. Some of them are the standard heroes journey, others are done with a butchers knife and creative skinning.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 1:21 am

Ooh, ooh, are we being morbid? Because I like morbid tales. Are you morbid? Scootaloo (headbangaloo)

@swicked
For the record, I have a love/hate relationship with gore. In films, I am a serious gorehound (with a preference for realism and non-CGI effects), going so far as to not watch horror films that aren't either really, really good or seriously intestine-y (for the record, I love horror). Or hilarious, that works too. In books, I view it as more of an effect, or a means to an end - so I don't read stuff that's just violence for the sake of it, usually (doesn't bother me viscerally, though, and I do sort of enjoy the "how far can we push it" stuff that some transgressive works do). In reality, I haven't seen much in the way of death and dismemberment; what I have seen hasn't bothered me, though. In video games, I enjoy gore when it doesn't break immersion (Fallout 3 and NV dismemberment is often immersion breaking, for instance, because not many bullets are going to sever someone's leg at the thigh).

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 26, 2012 1:23 am

Personally I never thought I would like Grimdark till I read Fallout Equestria. I chalked it up to the fact that it was just the Fallout side of the story which I was okay with, but then I started reading Project Horizon and found out how bad Grimdark could be.

I still have yet to read Cupcakes or Rainbow Factory, and I don't plan on reading them either, because I doubt they'd be anywhere near as good as anything I've read here.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat May 26, 2012 1:28 am

Mobius04 wrote:
swicked wrote:
You are not the only one who enjoys grimdark in their many forms. Amazing how people stay quiet just because they think they are the only one who enjoys something. Bloody and visceral scenes can be fun and intense experiences. There is something to be said about an author or artist who can paint disassembled anatomy in stark bloody detail. People like to see stories about empowerment. Some of them are the standard heroes journey, others are done with a butchers knife and creative skinning.
I can read and envision viscera and gore with impassivity and interest, but I have little stomach for watching it. Of all the movies I've seen, the one that got me closest to becoming sick to my stomach was The Fly, which is strange, since it wasn't scary.

Also, strange episode in music class occurred today when someone turned the tempo on one of the synthesizer keyboards up to maximum, which activated my 'fight or flight' reflex, accompanied by a headache.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius04 Sat May 26, 2012 1:32 am

@Swicked. It did get a conversation rolling.

@Gore: Violence in general helps to flesh out a character. Blackjack being willing to wear the gore and cutie mark of another pony brings out that she's a mare of action and doesn't balk when others would be squeamish. Rampage wouldn't be the same character unless she had the ability and willingness to rip ponies in twain and reduce them to puddles of gore. It also shows how a character can change over time. Just how far the world can push them before they make mistake and snap. Or maybe it was a conscious decision to take a step beyond what their ethics would allow.
Mobius04
Mobius04
Colt/Filly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat May 26, 2012 1:35 am

swicked wrote:
I would NEVER claim to be unique. It's one of my creeds. You can never be unique in any singular aspect of your life, you can only hope to be in the sum total of your being :)
As true as this is, my twin and I are almost exactly the same. I cannot think of anything off the bat that differs between us. Personality traits combine with personal experiences to create an individual, but when two people are raised the same way and are as close to being genetically identical as possible, few things differentiate.

Last edited by ketchup504 on Sat May 26, 2012 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat May 26, 2012 1:36 am

swicked wrote:I would NEVER claim to be unique. It's one of my creeds. You can never be unique in any singular aspect of your life, you can only hope to be in the sum total of your being :)
Remember: You're special. Just like everyone else on the planet. If you're one in a million, there are now about 7 thousand of you.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat May 26, 2012 1:38 am

Got you beat ketchup. I have a cousin who's less then a month younger then me. Despite living in south Georgia for all of my life and him in north Georgia, over 300 miles apart and under different circumstances, we actually have similar interest and taste. It's to the point we could be brother's we're so similar.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat May 26, 2012 1:44 am

If it's any comfort, the vast majority of those pictures are shopped. What looks like a cluster of worms poking out of a person is actually the surface of a seedpod put over smooth skin and color-matched. They're made by either trypofiliacs (because some people actually like that) or trolls posting in trypophobia support threads.

And then there are the ones that aren't shopped. Which still aren't actual bot flies in most cases, but do show the extremes some people will go to for cosmetic body modification... seriously, couldn't you stop at a tattoo or something?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 1:46 am

Sindri wrote:
... the extremes some people will go to for cosmetic body modification... seriously, couldn't you stop at a tattoo or something?
And then the two conversations (uniqueness and morbidity) became one again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Elexius Sat May 26, 2012 1:46 am

It's the thought of having living organisms in my body that get's me... I start to picture myself in that horrific predicament. Terrible itchiness and nausia normally occurs... and odd headaches. *shuudder*
Elexius
Elexius
Stallion/Mare

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next