Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

+17
Admiral Stoic Rum
IncoherentOrange
mcm-Fyrestorm
Rboy474
Aonee
Scootaloo
Apple Crumble
XT Vengeance
Ketchup
Valikdu
Moodyman90
Elipsilon
Formis_Fluttergod
Meleagridis
RoboRed
CamoBadger
Risal
21 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 4 Empty Re: Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

Post by Ketchup Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:54 am

Upon looking up Pathfinder, it looks like fun. Now we need some D&D 3.5 books. *grumbles*
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 4 Empty Re: Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.)

Post by Ketchup Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:17 am

Whether you are saying hyphen, dash, minus, or nothing, I find that quite amusing.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:21 pm

Contrary to what is seen on House MD:
-MRI scanning actually takes some time
-The machine makes unpleasant noises
-Although not as unpleasant as what's offered as "relaxation music" for the procedure. I got Philip Kirkorov.

On the bright side, I have a good brain. Cthulhu will be glad.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:56 pm

My father built a very nice sun collector for our pool, and I just broke it with a lawnmower. He is utterly pissed.
I passed over a part of tubing with the lawnmower, no complications, but hitting a bulge caused the tube to rupture.

Other than that, fine day, went out for breakfast and bought a new Xbox controller.
Now, I feel like shit.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:30 pm

I have been officially freed from the Neon of Shame. Happiness.
Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 4 Doubledownshift

Also, Trans-Am races start today. Long live the muscle car.
Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 4 Thunder1
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Today was uneventful. My brother referred me to this site because it now has a little thing to post fanfictions in, like mine (which don't hold a candle to what other authors put out), so I came on and shamelessly advertised on the thread for doing that. And now I'm nosing around this little community of yours, it's nice. So here I am, sitting at my computer desk eating candy. Laziness prevails.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Who the hell had the BRIGHTEST idea to make the N7 logo on the Razer N7 Vespula mat from a very fragile material with very weak glue? And it was glued on right where your wrist always is when using the mouse.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Sigh.
I got permission from the author of the Masterwork mod to use parts of it in the next version of Rampage Edition. I should have started yesterday.
Instead, I'm mired in creepy ask blogs. Delightful creepy ask blogs.

Why so serious?
Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 4 Motivator11843a1b25bce3104e9c23487f7a4f603e413a4e
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:41 pm

I was considering starting Baldur's Gate Trilogy from the beginning, as I never played the first game before.

And now I find out about the Enhanced Edition. Which will be out in one month and will feature improved graphics, multiple new and "un-cut" quests, new characters, and improved modability. And it is made by a company which was founded by Bioware's former co-founder and lead programmer. And they'll also release the enhanced second game next year. AND their "end goal" is to make Baldur's Gate III if the overhauls are sucessful!

yay
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:20 pm

I started tenth grade today. Nothing too special happened, and it feels the same as the previous grade. My courses for this semester include those two that I didn't want to really take--French and music--but the alternative is not graduating or taking art/gym instead, respectively. Since I cannot draw nor can I run, and I want to graduate, I'm taking them. Not a huge problem, nothing that'll ruin my life.

Yesterday, I made it farther in the original Homeworld than I have before, to the Bridge of Sighs mission. Holy crap, that's a LOT of ion cannon frigates--well over fifty, closer to one hundred, if not more. Currently pondering how the hell I'm going to steal those without aggro'ing every single one of 'em and losing all of my salvage corvettes. WHY CAN'T I, HOLD ALL OF THESE ION FRIGATES?
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Alternating between writing new raw files for the DF mod and playing Brutal DOOM.
That mod is great. Big adventures, tons of fun, and increased difficulty. I died repeatedly on the first three levels of Thy Flesh Consumed; also, that room in e3m9 with all the sergeants is now a death trap. I'm wondering how the frak will I get anything done in Plutonia. But that's after I finish Hell on Earth, which I'm playing now.
I lurve the new super shotgun. It has an alt-fire mode which fires only one barrel and thus can fire twice in rapid succession before reloading (and yes, you have to reload everything in BD except the minigun and BFG).
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:10 pm

...been ages since I've played Doom...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:11 pm

I've been meaning to try out that mod, but I'm not sure if I could do such a thing to one of the greatest games ever made. I've done other mods, but in my experience they tend to be overdone or poorly made and detract from the game experience (with the exception of those made to be hilarious, such as the chainsaw being replaced by a boombox which rick-rolls everything to death)

Brutal DooM does look quite entertaining from what I've seen of it, but again, looks like it could be overdone to me.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:13 pm

Spike
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:21 pm

...that was painful.

Also, my day hasn't been horrible. Just had a chemistry class where I got nice and lost because I can't understand a lot of it, and now I'm here, talking about DooM. I'm pretty excited because I move tomorrow, but of course I've got those little worries niggling at my mind about 'did I forget anything?' and stuff like that, just those usual worries about going somewhere new.

Also kinda happy because I'll finally have time to get some writing done again once I get moved in.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Well my day went swimmingly, for the second day in a row I have woken up at 4 am and had a monster thirst, regardless of my liquid consumption from before I went to bed. also I did get to work today at 9 am and just got shit done.... there was not a lot to do so it was a matter of keeping myself busy. naturally I could do that in my sleep...hahah, made a funny

anyway, everything was pretty much easiy peasy. the day before wednesday...I cannot believe it is already Thursday... someone backed over the main powerline for the job so i had that time off, which is why I was on so much yesterday. anyway... meh...
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:07 pm

My brother just got into the MWO beta...
Maybe I'd get in if the diagnostic tool hadn't told them I had a Pentium 3 when I have an Intel Core 2 Quad. -_-
What it says:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
System RAM: 3327 MB
CPU Name: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor
CPU Speeds: 2670
Physical CPUs: 1
Virtual CPUs: 4
Video Card Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
VRAM: 1024 MB
Primary Display Resolution: 1024x768
Multi-Monitor Desktop Resolution: 1024x768
Microphone: True
Language: English (United States)
Free Hard Drive Space: 86792 MB
Total Hard Drive Space: 305242 MB
Windows Experience Index Rating: 0.0
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 pm

you used an anagram and I have no clue what you mean by MWO
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:33 pm

MechWarrior Online.
And you are looking for 'acronym'. Not 'anagram'. You were close.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:36 pm

amalgam?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:41 pm

Amalgam is a metallurgy term. Hooray for last month's Wiki reading!
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:46 pm

well, usually in metallurgy but it can be used to describe anything really as long as you keep it in context
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:10 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:well, usually in metallurgy but it can be used to describe anything really as long as you keep it in context
For instance, in "The Lost Continent," Bill Bryson named the small, ideal American town that only seemed to exist on television "Amalgam."

My day was pretty good, overall. Bit quiet, really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:19 pm

It also roughly means 'Several things combined.'
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:39 pm

ketchup504 wrote:It also roughly means 'Several things combined.'

This is what I implied
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Today I'm feeling down, a bit sad, very tired, and worthless. It's an empty feeling, devoid of accomplishment. Perhaps it's because I've been exposed to the others of my generation recently, who I just don't mix too well with, and feel more insignificant than usual. Or perhaps it's because as a fanfic writer I've been so unproductive and comparatively unsuccessful.

Some authors within the fandom, such as Blueshift, Wanderer D, Kkat, Somber, even, and Pen Stroke, don't need to work hard to be noticed anymore. (Though, I'm sure they still do.) Though by all merits they're good authors, I'm sure, after achieving their first major success, they don't have to work as hard to achieve greater success, and since everything they write will be featured, the effect is increased as more and more people notice the big names, leaving the smaller ones, (Kipper, me, perhaps Camo, but Camo's really good, and Kipper is too, etc.) in the shadows. It feels unfair but, that's how it is. I will not say they don't deserve it; they certainly do. This may be part of why I'm in such a state right now.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:23 pm

Orange...at the age of 14 I watched television...obsessively. personally I was the outcast of any group loved by many sure but usually by the wayside. Crying came easy.

also this is my 666 post.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Life In General (A.K.A How was your day.) - Page 4 Icon%20Of%20Sin
Oremor nhoj em llik tsum uoy emag eht niw ot
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:11 am

One of my stories got a positive review. It was just a little thing on some rpg forum, but the guy called it a must read and I got a whole bunch of people checking out and liking it.

Makes me feel a little guilty about this all-consuming black hole of illiterate morass I've been living in these past weeks but, hey, faves. I feel pretty good about that.

EDIT: Apologies, it's hard to recall
That I must keep rhyming all

The time.

Stryke called my story a worthy read
and the number of readers started to breed
I'm happy as a writing clam
A little proud? Believe I am!
I wish that I could make some more
But these past weeks my brain was sore
It was still a nice surprise
To know of all those reading eyes

Last edited by Meleagridis on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This is hard to remember)
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:58 am

A poor choice of words (it's late for me, kay?) and as for the story you'll find it this way. Changelings Don't Get Cutie Marks is not a story of bites and barks. It's a simple and (I hope) heartwarming deal, meant for a kind of fuzzier feel.

It's a fair distance from my darker work... from which I admit I might have shirked. I'm trying to focus just on Cerby but my motivation's topsy turby.
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next